Arafax
Mafia Scum
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Mini 346: 100 MPH Mafia - Game Over

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:44 am

Post by Arafax »

Welcome all! The idea of this game is speed (obviously). This will be pretty simple, but you will probably want to post at least once/day. Otherwise you may not be very much help. Here's the idea:

1. You have no idea when the day will end and the daykill will occur. I have already decided how long each day will last (i.e. Day One will end on December 25, 2009 at 4:00pm EST), regardless of anything. So, you are kind of already at deadline, but you just don't know when it is.

2. The player with the most votes when the day ends is the day kill. It does not matter if that player has 1 vote or 12 votes.

3. If there is a tie between multiple players when the day actually ends, I will choose between them randomly. If no one has any votes, I will regard that as a tie at zero, and choose your daykill randomly between all of the players. It will be completely random!

Game Over - Scum Win

Alive:

spectrumvoid

sprontalic

lordy

Romanus

wolfsbane

Dead:

TheEyeOfMordor - Doctor - Lynched D1

Bacde - Cop - Killed N1

Mikanoff - Townie - Lynched D2

Patrick - Townie - Killed N2

Joker - Townie - Lynched D3

Brutal Assassin - Roleblocker - Killed N3

Rathyr - Townie - Lynched D4
Last edited by Arafax on Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:48 pm, edited 15 times in total.
"I will wait for you forever...If you would just ask me"
- Emery
Arafax
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:50 am

Post by Arafax »

RULES: (stolen, etc...)
BOLD
your
VOTES
and
UNVOTES
. Please unvote before re-voting.
2. You can vote no-lynch
3. Never quote anything from the mod in your PM.
4. Scum may talk in the night. The rest of you may only talk on the board unless you role states otherwise.
5. When your death scene is posted, you're dead. Stop posting. Totally.
6. When someone's death scene is posted, please stop posting. It can wait until day.
7. I will send PM's for night choices, if you choose not to do anything that night, tell me. Please don't just not reply.
8. If you need a replacement please PM me and post it on the board.
Again
, this game will require you to post daily. Please let us all know if you can't stay.
9. Be nice. Be respectful. Let's keep the language clean do our best not to offend anyone. Have fun.
10. If I make a mistake on vote counts or something, let me know. I am not perfect and would be thankful for the help.

If you are not participating (posting) I reserve the right to replace you without your consent. With this game mechanic, frequent participation is a must. Please let me know if something will come up where you will be away for a short time. In that case, it will be up to the remaining players to decide if they want a replacement.
- Emery
Arafax
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:26 pm

Post by Arafax »

Okay everyone...Welcome....Good luck and have fun!

Heads Up:
Brutal Assassin has informed me that he will be away from this Wednesday until Sunday...As stated earlier you will get to decide if you want someone to stay or be replaced.

Keep in mind 2 things:
1. The decision to keep or replace someone will be done via vote (ie:
Vote to Replace
, etc.)
2. No matter what decision you come up with, the game will continue and you will still be on your "unknown deadline."
Last edited by Arafax on Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Emery
lordy
lordy
Goon
lordy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:42 pm

Post by lordy »

Vote to keep: BA

Let him get a chance to stay, cause I'll prob be gone for a week in this game

Dicey vote:
Original Roll String: 1d12
1 12-Sided Dice: (6) = 6
\back after months away from the game.
lordy
lordy
Goon
lordy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:42 pm

Post by lordy »

Random vote: Spectrum Void
Brutal Assassin
Brutal Assassin
Goon
Brutal Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:55 pm

Post by Brutal Assassin »

Hey,

Yeah, I confirmed before a family issue came up where I need to go away to help with for that time period. I MAY have connection to the internet for some of these days, but can't be sure, so I informed the moderator of it.

Your call though.
Romanus
Romanus
Mafia Scum
Romanus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:26 pm

Post by Romanus »

vote: keep

Is it wise to try and lynch on the first day. I'm still new so I don't know the math and all that. I mean, I know we should still get some discussion going since we really have no idea when this day will end:

MOD: does the day end with majority votes or just when you have predetermined. I figure the latter but just want to make sure.

also

VOTE: no lynch
just to be safe about lynching someone due to day ending at a bad time. no lynch is better than no vote in my opinion. We also really need to keep track of votes. Might be helpful to copy and paste the vote tally and edit it to current whenever we do vote. Like this:

1 -- no lynch
0 -- TheEyeOfMordor
0 -- Joker
0 -- Rathyr
1 -- spectrumvoid
0 -- sprontalic
0 -- lordy
0 -- Romanus
0 -- Brutal Assassin
0 -- Patrick
0 -- wolfsbane
0 -- mikanoff
0 -- Bacde
Well, Romanus is a professional shit stirrer
-Valen85 (Newbie 383)
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:35 pm

Post by spectrumvoid »

Random vote Joker

Replacing or not is fine with me. As long as this game keeps going.
My name doesn't have a space inbetween.
I was going to vote no lynch actually, until I realised that I had a vote.
I think the mod will do a vote count.
Blank.
wolfsbane
wolfsbane
Goon
wolfsbane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:34 pm

Post by wolfsbane »

vote: Replace

Random vote: mikanoff

I am not in favor of posting our own votecounts with every post. I think it would be too easy to mess up. The mod should hopefully be posting frequent official votecounts given the game mechanic. Or, maybe when you vote you just give the current number of votes that player has:

mikanoff - 1[/b]
lordy
lordy
Goon
lordy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:10 pm

Post by lordy »

No lynch is retarded, because it's gonna randomly target all of us.

So by voting you are narrowing down the choiced the mod can take in potshoting lynches.

Read the rules, ladies. This is gonna be a fast game. We, as the town, need to keep our car from spiralling out of control.

In voting, you are keeping control of yourself, and the game.
TheEyeOfMordor
TheEyeOfMordor
Goon
TheEyeOfMordor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:31 pm

Post by TheEyeOfMordor »

Vote: lordy
and
FoS: Romanus
for voting no lynch at this stage. Without lynches, the Mafia will kill us all.
In the name of Mark Lazarus....
lordy
lordy
Goon
lordy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:56 pm

Post by lordy »

TheEyeOfMordor wrote:
Vote: lordy
and
FoS: Romanus
for voting no lynch at this stage. Without lynches, the Mafia will kill us all.
I said no lynch was retarded. AND THE MAFIA WOULD NOT ONLY KILL US ALL YOU DIMWIT!

No lynch means that one us would randomly die, unless I misread. And also, I siad no lynch was retared, yet you voted me.

Can you read?
sprontalic
sprontalic
Goon
sprontalic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:27 pm

Post by sprontalic »

I'm not sure if that's right. If no lynch is included in the game I guess you could 'think' of it as a person in which case voting it would mean it has votes while every else doesn't giving a majority.

I doesn't make sense to not consider it a person though, otherwise why incorporate no lynch at all? If that were the case a no lynch would simply be the same as no vote.

Although it's true that if we vote no lynch we forfeit a chance to lynch scum...but nonetheless since we're being deadlined constantly and scum is obviously a minority so it's probably better to let the day slide without a lynch rather than take a chance at a random scum lynch (which is less likely than a townie lynch). But still I suggest no more than 2 no lynch votes on any given day. That way if we find someone suspicious votes can be quickly changed to overtake the no lynch.

And I think everyone should just keep their own vote count...it really isn't that hard.

Vote: No lynch

And under other circumstances I'd say let BA stay...but given the pace of the game I think it'd be unreasonable to do that.

Vote to replace BA
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < )
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:36 pm

Post by Bacde »

Vote: Replace
in the spirit of the game.

Vote: sprontalic

Why oh why do you want some of us to die sprontalic? A no lynch would rape us of all possible information we could gain today, and guaruntee protown deaths due to whatever we have crawling around tonight.

Honestly, I'd rather we have someone die when the deadline is up. But what I'd like most is to be able to lynch someone every day based on a majority of votes, instead of deadline. Having people just vote no lynch because they feel the compulsion to detracts from the attempt to win the game.
sprontalic
sprontalic
Goon
sprontalic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:23 pm

Post by sprontalic »

Bacde wrote: Why oh why do you want some of us to die sprontalic?
Last time I check no lynch means no one dies (for a short time anyway).
Bacde wrote:A no lynch would rape us of all possible information we could gain today
I said 2 votes max for a no lynch. This means that the no lynch would only take effect if we reach the deadline. Which means it doesn't make a single bit of different how much information we get. We've used all the time we're given in the end...it's whether we have a lynch or not that's in question.
Bacde wrote: Honestly, I'd rather we have someone die when the deadline is up. But what I'd like most is to be able to lynch someone every day based on a majority of votes, instead of deadline.
It's not or you to decide coz that's how Arafax has decided that he likes this game played this way.
mikanoff
mikanoff
Goon
mikanoff
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:11 am

Post by mikanoff »

VOTE: no lynch
VOTE: keep Brutal Assasin

I vote No lynch because there aren't any crime so lynch... and it woud an error to lynch the cop or the medician[/b]
sprontalic
sprontalic
Goon
sprontalic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:26 am

Post by sprontalic »

no that that second no lynch is secured.

unvote

Bacde wrote: I'd rather we have someone die when the deadline is up.
This sentence strikes me as suspicious. Why would you want someone random to die when the deadline comes when it will be highly likely that this person will be town. I'm not saying theres no chance of a scum lynch but I'm sure we'd rather not take the chance.

vote: Bacde
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < )
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:27 am

Post by Patrick »

Vote: mikanoff
He doesn't seem to be paying much attention.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:48 am

Post by Patrick »

Ok spromtalic simul posted with me. Looking back, I find this talk of a no lynch strange at this point. I hope nobody else is going to vote no lynch, we would be giving scum one or two kills and would have the same situation tomorrow, but with fewer pro town players.
This sentence strikes me as suspicious. Why would you want someone random to die when the deadline comes when it will be highly likely that this person will be town. I'm not saying theres no chance of a scum lynch but I'm sure we'd rather not take the chance.
I don't think anyone was suggesting a random lynch. We try to lynch scum obviously. We try to pick someone who we think has a higher than average chance of being scum.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:57 am

Post by Patrick »

Hmm sorry for triple posting. I'm the one not paying attention. I was mixing it up with another game where someone was killed at the start. Here we have no crime. Still I don't think mike should be just voting no lynch right off the bat.
mikanoff
mikanoff
Goon
mikanoff
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:03 am

Post by mikanoff »

Patrick wrote:
Vote: mikanoff
He doesn't seem to be paying much attention.
mmmm other people pays less atenttion that me, and you vote me because I had a vote yet...

FOS: Patrick
Romanus
Romanus
Mafia Scum
Romanus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:18 am

Post by Romanus »

This seems to be the deal.

Someone said that if we 'no lynch' then we are definitely gonna lose some pro-town players tonight and be in a worse situation tomorrow. If we lynch a power player, or a vanilla townie, we are still gonna lose one if not more townies, plus the bad lynch. It would be ridiculous due to the game rules to randomly lose a vigilante, cop, doctor, or even a townie, simply because time ran out and someone thought it would be a bad idea not to lynch. With a 'no lynch' vote in the majority, we lose no one if time runs out. This allows us to have maximum control of the situation. Randomness is good for scum, so whoever is in favor of it, or has shown themselves in favor of it, is scummy.

At this point, with no crime, and little info, I'm not sure a lynch is the best thing for the town.

I was hoping with my first post to spur discussion on whether we should lynch anyone at all. Obviously we should try to lynch the person who is the most suspicious, but it doesn't mean we have to lynch anyone at all. Some people seem to be a little bit bloodthirsty.

lordy -- could you please explain in the rules where a no lynch would wind up targeting all of us. You should get your facts striaght before throwing the word "Retarded" around.

Finally, no one advocates no lynching for the whole game, maybe not even tomorrow, but right now I think it is a good idea. We should also have a plan for those who lurk, I mean real lurkers who just post enough to avoid being replaced. We need everyone to contribute and with substance. Bandwagons could be very dangerous in this game.
Well, Romanus is a professional shit stirrer
-Valen85 (Newbie 383)
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:34 am

Post by Patrick »

mmmm other people pays less atenttion that me, and you vote me because I had a vote yet...
Mike if you ready my third post of the triple, you'll see I took that back, It was my mistake.

Romanus - I agree that if we talked and nothing at all came out, and time was passing, then we shouldn't lynch at random. That's fine. Nevertheless you have to realise that scum will want this, and that in a sense would be a small victory for them if we no lynch. We should be discussing and forming suspicions, not immidiately speeding towards no lynch.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:50 am

Post by Rathyr »

I don't think you people understand.
EVEN if we all vote "no lynch", someone will still be lynched!

Didn't you read the rules of this game? If there is no lynch decision, someone will be lynched randomly by the mod!

We have to vote someone for the small chance that they may be scum.

It's hard, but we have to do it.

I'm going to
Vote: Romanus
for pure stupidity and shortsightedness, or scumyness (Trying to confuse and befuddle the townies with misinformation.), whichever one is more valid, given that I do not know his roll.
Arafax
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:54 am

Post by Arafax »

Vote Counts

Brutal Assassin's Fate:
Keep: 3 (mikanoff, lordy, Romanus)
Replace: 3 (Bacde, wolfsbane, sprontalic)
This vote will be determined at 9:00 pm tonight. If the replacement option has the most votes, a replacement will be effective Wednesday the 12th.

No Lynch: 2 (mikanoff, Romanus)
Mikanof : 2 (Patrick, wolfsbane)
spectrumvoid: 1 (lordy)
Sprontalic: 1 (Bacde)
Joker: 1 (spectrumvoid)
lordy: 1 (TheEyeofMordor)
Bacde: 1 (sprontalic)
Romanus: 1 (Rathyr)
Romanus wrote:MOD: does the day end with majority votes or just when you have predetermined. I figure the latter but just want to make sure.
The Day will end at the pre-determined deadline. The lynch of the day will be whoever has the most votes at that time, whether it is 1 vote or 12 votes.

Rule Clarification: At deadline, the most votes make the decision. If No Lynch has the most votes, the day will end in a no lynch. I will only randomly choose in the event of a tie.
Example 1: At the end of the day, Bob has 2 votes, No Lynch has 2 votes. Since there is a tie, I will chose randomly between Bob and a No Lynch.
Example 2: At the end of the day, no one has any votes at all. I will consider this as a tie and choose your lynch randomly among all players.
Example 3: At the end of the day, No Lynch has 3 votes, Bob has 2 votes and Sue has 2 votes. The Day will end in a No Lynch.
Last edited by Arafax on Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:24 am, edited 3 times in total.
- Emery

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”