The Fall of Gondolin Mafia: Game Over (The Tale of Gondolin)

Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #2375 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:35 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Wait a second.

I'm pretty sure MafiaSSK crumbed tracking me N1, so I don't make sense as the Jailkeeper. Why do I keep forgetting that. Desp is the lynch.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Elscouta
Elscouta
Goon
Elscouta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2376 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:55 am

Post by Elscouta »

Vote: Cogito Ergo Sum

No he hasn't.
I'm town. Please lynch someone else.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2377 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:57 am

Post by Plum »

VOTE COUNT 7:3
Desperado
- 3 - Cogito Ergo Sum, SpyreX, shos

ActionDan
- 1 - Desperado
Cogito Ergo Sum
- 2 - PeregrineV, Elscouta

Not voting (1)
: ActionDan

With 7 players alive it takes
votes to lynch.

Deadline is in
(expired on 2014-03-28 02:15:00)
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #2378 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:02 am

In post 1318, MafiaSSK wrote:
In post 1291, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 1286, PeregrineV wrote:Vote: MafiaSSK

No, just looked back through his ISO.

@mafiaSSK
- Where has your CES=scummy scum scum read gone to?

Vote: Shadow
It's disappeared. But for good reason. But it's gone.
Seems pretty clear to me?

PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2379 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:50 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2375, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:Wait a second.

I'm pretty sure MafiaSSK crumbed tracking me N1, so I don't make sense as the Jailkeeper. Why do I keep forgetting that. Desp is the lynch.
In post 2378, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:
In post 1318, MafiaSSK wrote:
In post 1291, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 1286, PeregrineV wrote:Vote: MafiaSSK

No, just looked back through his ISO.

@mafiaSSK
- Where has your CES=scummy scum scum read gone to?

Vote: Shadow
It's disappeared. But for good reason. But it's gone.
Seems pretty clear to me?
If MafiaSSK tracked you to another player, and that player did not die, he could easily assume cop, doc, etc. For that reason, he would not reveal nor would he want to lynch you.

If he tracked you and you went nowhere, that, too is inconclusive, as it would mean only that you were either a VT/Goon or non-actioning PR.

If he got no result, I don't see why he would remove his scum read.

If he got a result, I could see him giving you the benefit of the PR doubt and removing his scumread.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2380 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:10 am

Post by ActionDan »

Peregrine what we're your results again? And shos could you detail your results as well?
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2381 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:29 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2380, ActionDan wrote:Peregrine what we're your results again? And shos could you detail your results as well?
N1: ActionDan targeted no one
N2: JacobSavage targeted MafiaSSK
N3: shos targeted Albert
N4: Tierce targeted Albert
N5: Elscouta targeted no one
N6: CES targeted no one
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #2382 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:31 am

If you track someone and get a result, that might give you pause about lynching them (unless you really think the target implicates that they're a certain PR), but it shouldn't make you think they were town - there is a higher percentage of scum with actions than town with actions in most games. I mean, I got scum lynched in Author Mafia based on a Tracker result on a Night without a kill.

It's definitely a bit much to think I'm town based on a Tracker innocent but it is an attitude that I know people have and that's what the crumb says.

Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #2383 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:34 am

What's your role name by the bye, ActionDan?

shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2384 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:46 am

Post by shos »

Nkbody targetted PV last night. Earlier nights i waa blocked. N1 tierce was targetted by noone, and n2 AbR was jailkept.

That crumb is interesting. To compare with PVs results, it really works that des/spy is sxum. Im gonna investigate further.
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2385 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:01 am

Post by ActionDan »

Enerdhil
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2386 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:03 am

Post by ActionDan »

In post 2384, shos wrote:Nkbody targetted PV last night. Earlier nights i waa blocked. N1 tierce was targetted by noone, and n2 AbR was jailkept.

That crumb is interesting. To compare with PVs results, it really works that des/spy is sxum. Im gonna investigate further.
do you mean N3? what was your N2 result?
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2387 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:15 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2382, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:If you track someone and get a result, that might give you pause about lynching them (unless you really think the target implicates that they're a certain PR), but it shouldn't make you think they were town - there is a higher percentage of scum with actions than town with actions in most games. I mean, I got scum lynched in Author Mafia based on a Tracker result on a Night without a kill.

It's definitely a bit much to think I'm town based on a Tracker innocent but it is an attitude that I know people have and that's what the crumb says.
Nobody wants to be the town PR that outs themselves and the the town cop/doc/whatever unnecessarily. And assuming it's a scum PR can lead to outting the town cop/doc/whatever unnecessarily.

Being as I tracked, if shos had lied about ABR when he claimed, I'd probably have followed him the next night to see why he lied.

When Jacob was tracked to MafiaSSK n2, I thought it odd since I don't recall Jacob calling SSK town, but SSK didn't die, so moving on. When SSK died the next night and flipped tracker, was 70% sure Jacob was scum, but since he was already "outted" as a bodyguard, his claim made it 100%.

So, net result, SSK attitude is consistent with backing off a possible town PR.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #2388 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:04 pm

If he was trying to do that, there are tons of things he could've said - just say you're shelving it for now or have bigger fish to fry or want to see how certain things develop first; he could've also just not responded. You're ignoring the actual content of the crumb in favour of trying to make it a clean fit (which you can't actually do).

None of this should matter overly much anyway; give me my Desperadolynch and the game should be over. He's not even really trying at this point; just half-heartedly pushing ActionDan, not even addressing the ActionDan track result.

ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2389 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:33 am

Post by ActionDan »

VOTE: despardo

Yawn. I hope that's gg.
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2390 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:34 am

Post by ActionDan »

Shos needs to clarify his results though
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2391 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:09 am

Post by shos »

did you just hammer and go 'but'?

N1 nobody targetted Tierce.
N2 ABR was only jailkept.
N3 ABR was only jailkept <<< this is what I forgot, AD is right. I wonder though if he is the JK so he knows that, or, if he is town that remembered correctly
N4 blocked
N5 blocked
N6 nobody targetted PV.
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2392 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:55 pm

Post by Plum »

VOTE COUNT 7:4
Desperado
-
- Cogito Ergo Sum, SpyreX, shos, ActionDan

ActionDan
- 1 - Desperado
Cogito Ergo Sum
- 2 - PeregrineV, Elscouta

Not voting (0)

With 7 players alive,
votes have been placed to lynch. Please stand by.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2393 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:09 pm

Post by Plum »

THE LAST STANDThe elven-lord so tall that no one is confused about the fact that he's the lord of
two
Houses associated with being really tall. The Elf your man could smell like. Look at that Balrog. Now look back at him. He's on a horse.

And he's out of this Eru-foresaken hellhole. He's far, far too intelligent - not to mention handsome - to die in the flames when there is a perfectly viable alternative. And if the people of his Houses, maybe even some of the other surviving lords, happen to follow him because he is just
that
charismatic, well, that wouldn't be a tragedy either. Not any more than the rest of the day has been, at least. Will the Fall of Gondolin be remembered as another stain on the honor of the Noldor, another kinslaying? Well, perhaps Pengolodh can figure that one out later, because thankfully he
has been saved
mysteriously disappeared . . .

Ah, the Secret Way. Idril approached him and her other two co-conspirators years ago, fraught with premonitions and (let's be honest) a healthy degree of paranoia. Well, Penlod is not going to be Balrog kindling today. It's worth living somewhere that's not Gondolin to be alive, right?

"Is it?"

Only then does he realize that he spoke aloud. He slowly turns, and behind him stand his friends, each and every one of them bloody, singed, or both (and a few of them soaking wet from having been extinguished in Gondolin's beautiful fountains).

"Well, yes, it is . . ." he says.

He sees the look of exhausted betrayal on their faces and knows that he won't be allowed to find out through personal experience.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2394 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:10 pm

Post by Plum »

Then did dread fall more heavily still upon many of the men of the Pillar and many of the Tower of Snow, and Penlod perished there.

Desperado
-
Penlod
House of the Pillar
House of the Tower of Snow
Secret Way Conspiracy Jailkeeper
Lynched Day 7
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2395 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:17 pm

Post by Plum »

THE ARCHIVES OF THE HAVENS AT SIRIONNow who shall tell of the wanderings of the exiles of Gondolin in the wastes that lie beyond the mountains to the south of the vale of Tumladin? Miseries were theirs and death, colds and hungers, and ceaseless watches. That they won ever through those regions infested by Morgoth's evil came from the great slaughter and damage done to his power in that assault, and from the speed and wariness with which they went; for of a certain Morgoth knew of that escape and was furious thereat.

Ulmo had heard tidings in the far oceans of the deeds that were done, but he could not yet aid them for they were far from waters and rivers - and indeed they thirsted sorely, and they knew not the way. But after a year and more of wandering, in which many a time they journeyed long tangled in the magic of those wastes only to come again upon their own tracks, once more the summer came, and nigh to its height they came at last upon a stream, and following this came to better lands and were a little comforted.

Here did Voronwë guide them, for he had caught a whisper of Ulmo's in that stream one late summer's night - and he got ever much wisdom from the sound of waters. Now he led them even till they came down to Sirion which that stream fed, and then Voronwë saw that they were not far from the outer issue of old of the Way of Escape, and were once more in that deep dale of alders. Here were all the bushes trampled and the trees burnt, and the dale-wall scarred with flame, and they wept, for they thought they knew the fate of those who sundered aforetime from them at the tunnel-mouth.

Now they journeyed down that river but were again in fear from Morgoth, and fought affrays with his Orc-bands and were in peril from the wolfriders, but his firedrakes sought not at them, both for the great exhaustion of their fires in the taking of Gondolin, and the increasing power of Ulmo as the river grew. So came they after many days - for they went slowly and got their sustenance very hardly - to those great heaths and morasses above the Land of Willows, and Voronwë knew not those regions. Now here goes Sirion a very great way under earth, diving at the great cavern of the Tumultuous Winds, but running clear again above the Pools of Twilight, even where Tulkas' after fought with Morgoth's self.

Tuor had fared over these regions by night and dusk after Ulmo came to him amid the reeds, and he remembered not the ways. In places that land is full of deceits and very marshy; and here the host had long delay and was vexed by sore flies, for it was autumn still, and agues and fevers fared amongst them, and they cursed Melko. Yet came they at last to the great pools and the edges of that most tender Land of Willows; and the very breath of the winds thereof brought rest and peace to them, and for the comfort of that place the grief was assuaged of those who mourned the dead in that great fall. There women and maids grew fair again and their sick were healed, and old wounds ceased to pain; yet they alone who of reason feared their folk living still in bitter thraldom in the Hells of Iron sang not, nor did they smile. Here they abode very long indeed, and Earendel was a grown boy ere the voice of Ulmo's conches drew the heart of Tuor, that his sea-longing returned with a thirst the deeper for years of stifling; and all that host arose at his bidding, and got them down Sirion to the Sea.

Now the folk that had passed into the Eagles' Cleft had been nigh eight hundreds - a large wayfaring, yet was it a sad remnant of so fair and numerous a city, and among them were not Idril of the Silver Feet, or Galdor the valiant, or Penlod the Tall, or Elemmakil of the Gates, who had made the Secret Way and kept it in despite of the wishes of the people. But they who arose from the grasses of the Land of Willows in years after and fared away to sea, when spring set celandine in the meads and they had held sad festival in memorial of Gondolin, these numbered but three hundreds and a score of men and man-children, and two hundreds and three score of women and maid-children. Now the number of women was few because of their hiding or being stowed by their kinsfolk in secret places in the city. There they were burned or slain or taken and enthralled, and the rescue-parties found them too seldom; and it is the greatest ruth to think of this, for the maids and women of the Gondolindrim were as fair as the sun and as lovely as the moon and brighter than the stars.

Glory dwelt in that city of Gondolin of the Seven Names, and its ruin was the most dread of all the sacks of cities upon the face of Earth. This is esteemed the worst work that Morgoth has yet thought of in the world. Yet now those exiles of Gondolin dwelt at the mouth of Sirion by the waves of the Great Sea. There they take the name of Lothlim, the people of the flower, for Gondothlim is a name too sore to their hearts, and in their souls they wish they had not been forced to forsake her, even for the sake of their lives Yet they rejoice, though in sorrow, to know that there were those who stood against Morgoth for Gondolin against all hope, and that those traitors who took them from the White City were stopped at the last by the valour of those named below.

Here ends the tale of Gondolin as far as it can be known by
PENGOLODH OF THE LAMBENGOLMOR, HAVENS OF SIRION

shos
-
Hendor, Gondolin Voyeur
Survived and Won

ActionDan
-
Enerdhil
Gondolin Vanilla
Survived and Won

SpyreX
-
Duilin
House of the Swallow
Gondolin Vanilla
Survived and Won

Cogito Ergo Sum
-
Eärendil, Gondolin Vanilla
Survived and Won

Elscouta
-
Rog
House of the Hammer of Wrath
Gondolin Vanilla
Survived and Won

PeregrineV
-
Salgant
House of the Harp
Gondolin Tracker
Survived and Won
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #2396 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:26 pm

Post by chamber »

Gj guys.
Taking a break from the site.
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2397 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:18 pm

Post by Aegor »

Yay! I assume dead town win too?

It is too bad I did not get to use my awesome role.
Currently partying at the
M A S Q U E R A D E
-- a Large Normal for 21 revelers.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2398 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:20 pm

Post by Plum »

Of course, of course, Town all win :]. Mafia all lose :(. Fuller post with design ethos and thoughts to come soon.
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #2399 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:20 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

In post 1394, JacobSavage wrote:VOTE: Tierce
Because of this vote, we were unable to lynch sirdanilot on Day 2.
Which allowed Majiffy to crumb his Leap of Faith into my face.
Which was the start of the scumteam's folding like a cheap house of cards.
Therefore everything is Jacob's fault. JACOB. >:C

We just wanted to save you all! Fine, burn for all we care! Have your flaming house with the psychokid!
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”