Townie
Pope Pius IX
Townie
Townie

Mini 352- Saints and Sinners Mafia - Abandoned

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:50 pm

Post by Pope Pius IX »

Saints and Sinners

“May almighty God bless you, the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit” utters Father Albright, the final words of evening Mass. As the congregation exits from the old doors of Jesuit Church and the people return to their houses to sleep, a crescent moon rises high in the summer sky.

Dawn breaks over the tiny town of Lucerne. The beautiful sun gleams off the ripples of the lake, but the usually festive town is strangely downtrodden. For the past few weeks, strange things had been happening. Several of the farmers’ cattle have tipped and died during the night. Much of the stock of Lake Lucerne’s fish stock has declined of late, and many of the swan pairs have migrated away from the city center. One of the hikers climbing Mt. Pilatus stepped on a loose stone and triggered a rock slide that left him paralyzed. This morning, however, is the worst yet. As the sun rises over the Alps, you are awoken by a scream. Father Albright is found in a lump at the bottom of the Jesuit Church, his face is frozen in horror as if he’d seen the devil. Fear drops like a blanket on the town, as you realize the evil that is among you. You slowly look around at your friends and neighbors, not knowing who has succumbed to the will of Lucifer. You must seek out the sinners, and slaughter them all, before they corrupt you.

The Bishop quickly send’s out his errand boy to Rome to seek the council of the Pope. Alarmed at this startling string of events, the Pope alerts his aides that he is to depart immediately for Lucerne to settle this, and steals away. By the time he has returned to the city, it is clear that the evildoers must be banished.

ALIVE:

al_kohaulec

kaebamf
replacing Bacde

Kelly Chen

Mastermind of Sin

mikanoff

mikeburnfire
replacing nonny

Patrick

Pie_is_good

tokiyoh

ubertimmy
replacing yellowbounder

Yosarian2

DEAD:

ibaesha, Otto Lachat, Bishop, killed night 1

Last edited by Pope Pius IX on Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:38 am, edited 17 times in total.
Pope Pius IX
Pope Pius IX
Townie
Pope Pius IX
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:51 pm

Post by Pope Pius IX »

The setup is as follows: three {3}
Sinners
, one {1}
Devil
, one {1}
Bishop
, one {1}
Angel
, one {1}
Archangel
, and five {5}
Vanilla Townies
. The game-related portions of their role PMs are as follows:
Townie wrote:You are a vanilla townie. You may talk in-thread during the day and vote, but may not talk to anyone or take any actions at night. You win when all SINNERS are dead.
angel wrote:You are the Angel. Each night you PM me the name of the person you wish to investigate, and I will tell you with absolute certainty whether that person is a sinner or not. Note that the Devil will show up as innocent. You win when all SINNERS are dead.
Archangel wrote:You are the Archangel. Each night you PM me the name of the person you are going to protect. If that person is targeted for death that night, the kill will fail. You win when all SINNERS are dead.
Bishop wrote:You are the Bishop. As the religious leader of the town, you have two special twilight abilities. First, when a majority of the town decides on a lynch, the game enters twilight. The candidate will be brought to the Jesuit church for your judgment. You may veto the lynch, ending the day in a no-lynch and proceeding to night. Note that this only works once per person. If someone is lynched a second time, there is no way to stop it. Second, after a successful lynch {i.e., not a no-lynch or veto} you may declare that day be extended and another lynch be performed before night falls. Both of these choices happen by PM so that your identity will not be revealed. You win when all SINNERS are dead.
Please note that the second lynch may only happen once.
Devil wrote:You are the Devil, inhabiting the body of another member of the town. On your side are the three sinners. They do not know who you are and you do not know who they are. Each night you submit me a name and I will tell you with absolute certainty whether that person is angelic {meaning either the angel or archangel.} You will only be told “angelic” or “non-angelic,” and nothing of which angel you have found. You may not talk to anyone at night. Note that you cannot win alone. If the three sinners die and you are the only one left, your grip over your host will be nullified and you will be returned to Hell, resulting in a town win. Thus, you win when the SINNERS {not including the devil} outnumber the town.
Sinner wrote:You are a sinner with X and Y. Each night, including the preliminary confirm stage, you may talk amongst yourselves. During each night, not including the preliminary phase, you may PM me a person to be nightkill {though it doesn’t matter who actually kills.} You may also submit a no-kill. Also on your side is a devil, but you do not know who he/she is, and vice versa. Note that although the devil is on your side, you will lose if he/she is the only one left alive. You win when the SINNERS {not including the devil} outnumbers the town.
Last edited by Pope Pius IX on Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Pope Pius IX
Pope Pius IX
Townie
Pope Pius IX
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:54 pm

Post by Pope Pius IX »

RULES FOR SINNERS AND SAINTS MAFIA

Stolen from every possible source

1} Everyone is here to have fun. Please keep personal insults to yourself. Keep discussion relevant and game related, and use good judgment when making accusations.
2} Voting must be in bold {
Vote: Rosso
}. You MUST
Unvote
before placing a new vote. Failure to do so may result in your most recent vote not being counted.
3} Do not discuss the game outside the thread unless specifically directed to do so by your PM. Failure to follow this rule will result in a mod-kill. Sinners may also talk in the preliminary confirmation phase before the game.
4} Once a majority is reached, a lynch will occur. You are free to post in twilight until the thread is locked, but any votes or unvotes after a lynch is reached will be null and void.
5} If you are lynched or killed in any way, a simple “Bah” post is allowed. Do not reveal any pertinent information in this post. This is your last post in the thread.
6} Do not quote PMs from the mod. This will result in a mod-kill, and you will be drawn and quartered.
7} If you will be gone more than 48 hours, please post in thread or let the mod(s) know.
8} Please don’t bring any existing alliances or other pacts into this game. It is meant to be fun for all.
9} The mod is God. Final decisions by the mod are set in stone. Please respect that.
10} Finally, this game will have extended periods of twilight where the bishop is making his decisions. The thread will be kept open and any game relevant material is allowed to be discussed until the actual call for night is made.

You all know the rules, you’ve all played before. Please be smart about your play, and let’s have fun!
Pope Pius IX
Pope Pius IX
Townie
Pope Pius IX
Townie
Townie

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:05 am

Post by Pope Pius IX »

Still waiting on confirms. I will give them 48 hours, then start looking for replacements.

EDIT: MoS hasn't checked in as of yet, but I'm not holding the game up.

GAME ON! With 12 alive, it's 7 to lynch.

GO!
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:11 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

w00t!

Vote: MoS
for not confirming.
AIM account: DolusDeceit [s]not al_kohaulec[/s]
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sun Jul 23, 2006 5:13 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

(shrug) Sure, that's as good a reason as any for a day one randomish vote.

vote:MoS
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:05 pm

Post by nonny »

random
vote ibby
<3
*insert bad joke here*
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:16 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

Pre-emptive
vote: Pie
for trying to out the doc.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:08 pm

Post by ibaesha »

vote: Kelly
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:02 pm

Post by Bacde »

Vote: Ibaesha

<x3
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:04 pm

Post by ibaesha »

<3
yellowbounder
yellowbounder
/cows
yellowbounder
/cows
/cows

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:41 pm

Post by yellowbounder »

Random
Vote: Bacade
because they posted two posts ago. A sure scum-tell. :P
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:52 pm

Post by ibaesha »

Bacde will get you for that.
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:02 pm

Post by Bacde »

yellowbounder, do notice that my name is pronounced bahk-day, and not bahk-aid, which sounds like a poopy brown drink.

The name is spelled without a second a (which I don't even know why is a common misspelling). GAH. I would be so much less annoyed if everyone didn't make the same spelling error randomly.

Unvote Vote: yellowbounder
RAWR

(By the way you can drop the x out of the less than three Ibae)
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:32 pm

Post by Patrick »

vote: nonny
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
mikanoff
mikanoff
Goon
mikanoff
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:34 am

Post by mikanoff »

random vote: Patrick
Nuevo foro de mafia en castellano.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/
Bienvenidos seáis! ;-)
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:41 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

So, looking at the roles, it sounds like the Bishop could give the town two lynches every single day if he wants to? That sounds really powerful. What does everyone think; would two lynches a day be better then one?
mikanoff
mikanoff
Goon
mikanoff
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:47 am

Post by mikanoff »

Yosarian2 wrote:So, looking at the roles, it sounds like the Bishop could give the town two lynches every single day if he wants to? That sounds really powerful. What does everyone think; would two lynches a day be better then one?
Yes, in certain cases, two lynches would be very imporants. For example, when 4 players are alive and 2 players ae suspicious...
Bienvenidos seáis! ;-)
mikanoff
mikanoff
Goon
mikanoff
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:50 am

Post by mikanoff »

Yosarian2 wrote:So, looking at the roles, it sounds like the Bishop could give the town two lynches every single day if he wants to? That sounds really powerful. What does everyone think; would two lynches a day be better then one?
Yes, in certain cases, two lynches would be very imporants. For example, when 4 players are alive, only 1 player is sinner and 2 players are suspicious...
Bienvenidos seáis! ;-)
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:59 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Well, yeah, I agree, in that case it's be huge. The stratagy question I was posing, though, was; would it be better for the bishop to give us 2 lynches every single day, or just to get our normal 1 lynch a day?

By the way, I am reading that role, right? The bishop can do it every day if he wants, no limit?
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:10 am

Post by Mariyta »

The Pope's errand boy steps forward to address the question.
Yosarian2 wrote:By the way, I am reading that role, right? The bishop can do it every day if he wants, no limit?
No. It's a one-shot ability.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:11 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Ah, I see, never mind then.

In that case, yeah, it's probably best to use it late-game when there's an even number of people left to get us back on odds.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:43 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

If we were able to double lynch every day, I'd say we should use it every day.

A problem with saving the double lynch for late in the game, is that the bishop could die before then.
mikanoff
mikanoff
Goon
mikanoff
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:00 am

Post by mikanoff »

Kelly Chen wrote:A problem with saving the double lynch for late in the game, is that the bishop could die before then.
Yes, but using this ability first day, I think is too hasty. I think we should save the double-lynch for second day. Then, we will lynch with more accuracy.
Anyway, the bishop will be who finally decides when he uses his abilities xD
Bienvenidos seáis! ;-)
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:35 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »