Newbie 258 - Game Over

mikeburnfire
Flashy

Post Post #0  (ISO)  » Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:23 am

Game Status: Over

It used to a quiet town. A prosperous village that everyone envied. The many inhabitants were happy and plentiful. Now there are only seven left. I can sense two people with malice in their hearts. Their intent is to destroy the entire town. It's time for the remaining townspeople to stand up and rid themselves of the scum. They cannot allow the scum to thrive any longer. They need to start today.
Last edited by mikeburnfire on Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:39 pm, edited 12 times in total.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."
Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles

mikeburnfire
Flashy

Post Post #1  (ISO)  » Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:37 am

~~~~~~~~~~~~
One of the following four set-ups is used for this game:

a) 2 mafia, 1 cop, 1 doc, 3 townies
b) 2 mafia, 1 cop, 4 townies
c) 2 mafia, 1 doc, 4 townies
d) 2 mafia, 5 townies

The roles are distributed at random. We will start in the day phase. The mafia will be allowed to communicate pre-game, though no role will submit choices until Day 1 is over.

Possible roles:

You are a townie. You are not allowed to communicate with any of the other players outside the thread. You win the game when the mafia are dead

You are the mafia. You may only talk with each other during the game's "night," not during the "day." You let me know before the night's deadline who will be your victim. You win the game when all the other players are dead.

You are the cop. Every "night" before the deadline you send me a message with a name of your choice, and I will let you know whether that player is mafia or not. You are not allowed to communicate with any of the other players outside the thread. You win the game when the mafia are dead.

You are the doctor. Every "night" before the deadline you send me a message with a name of your choice, and that player cannot die if attacked by the mafia that night. You cannot heal yourself. You are not allowed to communicate with any of the other players outside the thread. You win the game when the mafia are dead.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Davis
Townie

Post Post #2  (ISO)  » Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:34 pm

Role recieved, Cap'n.

Mariyta
Mafia Scum

Pronoun: She

Post Post #3  (ISO)  » Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:45 pm

/confirm
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.

Lowell
Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: He

Post Post #4  (ISO)  » Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:14 pm

I've got mine too.

So we start in the "Day" phase? Anyone have any ideas of what to do yet? Or are we supposed to wait for an official start time to start chatting?

mikeburnfire
Flashy

Post Post #5  (ISO)  » Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:20 pm

"Day" starts once everybody has confirmed that they have received their roles. You can't vote until day starts. You can still talk if you wish, though.

Happyflea
Townie

Post Post #6  (ISO)  » Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:09 pm

/confirm
Raargh!

Note: Will be in the USA from 4/7 to the 19/7 and will not be able to post. Sorry if this disruptes a game!

bertrand
Goon

Post Post #7  (ISO)  » Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:54 pm

/confirm

Save The Dragons
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #8  (ISO)  » Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:58 am

Ah, I already screwed up and confirmed by PM. *deleting*

/confirm.
aka Fenrir

Lowell
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9  (ISO)  » Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:49 am

So, anyone. Any ideas? What's a usual good first move?

yellowbounder
/cows

Post Post #10  (ISO)  » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:55 am

Sorry, the Pm claimed that I had no new messages, even though I did. :shock:

Anyway, let's go.

/confirm

mikeburnfire
Flashy

Post Post #11  (ISO)  » Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:03 am

Day officially starts now. With 7 people alive, it will require 4 votes to lynch somebody.

Good luck.

Mariyta
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12  (ISO)  » Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:43 pm

Vote: Yellowbounder
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.

Lowell
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13  (ISO)  » Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:11 pm

What's the reason for that vote, Mariyta?

Mariyta
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14  (ISO)  » Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:22 pm

He won the last newbie game I was in w/ him w/o me even suspecting him once.
-Susan Ertz

bertrand
Goon

Post Post #15  (ISO)  » Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:35 pm

vote Save The Dragons

You're didn't fool me last time, though apparently you fooled everyone else. IGMEOY, for no reason.

[Yes, this is random, no one take me seriously]

Save The Dragons
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #16  (ISO)  » Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:08 am

I thought you had me. Then I got replaced :P

So...um...Vote: Davis
aka Fenrir

Lowell
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #17  (ISO)  » Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:52 pm

Well, things aren't moving too fast. Good for scum.

In general, I'm suspicious of those who post just often enough not to get replaced. I vote HAPPYFLEA until he shows up and tells me why I'm wrong.

Happyflea
Townie

Post Post #18  (ISO)  » Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:08 pm

Lowell your wrong. Why? Because thats very bandwaggony. You have no reason to vote for me, and I have only just posted because I have been very busy for the last two days and have not had time to post, but now I have.
Raargh!

Note: Will be in the USA from 4/7 to the 19/7 and will not be able to post. Sorry if this disruptes a game!

bertrand
Goon

Post Post #19  (ISO)  » Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:53 pm

Lowell wrote:Well, things aren't moving too fast. Good for scum.

In general, I'm suspicious of those who post just often enough not to get replaced. I vote HAPPYFLEA until he shows up and tells me why I'm wrong.

What about yellowfounder? He hasn't posted for even longer?

FoS-minor Lowell for selective lurker hunting

Happyflea
Townie

Post Post #20  (ISO)  » Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:56 am

FoS-minor Lowell for selective lurker hunting

FOS:Bertrand. He's FOSing lowell who despite his missguided voting is at least trying to find a rational reason to lynch someone rather than the 'random' votes people throw around.

Therefor lowell seems to be takeing a course of action that discurrages pro-town bvehaviour. And this leads to the conclusion that if he is trying to steer the townsfolk off a course of action that allows them to get rid of the scum then he must be scum because what other motive would he have to sabotage the townfolks attempt at ridding themselves of said scum.

Vote:Bertrand
Raargh!

bertrand
Goon

Post Post #21  (ISO)  » Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:49 pm

Random votes usually go until page 2 or so, so calling my random votes 'scummy' isn't a case.

Lowell, made a post, voting for someone fur lurking, when there are two other people (yellowbounder and Davis) who haven't posted at all. Why did he choose Lowell over these two?

That's the part that seems scummy to me. Don't you think that's reasonable?

And finding a rational reason to lynch someone doesn't work that way. You can't just pick someone, then try to find a reason, which seems to be what you're doing.

bertrand
Goon

Post Post #22  (ISO)  » Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:49 pm

Also note that you're voting me for that while all I did was a minor-nobigdeal FoS.

Davis
Townie

Post Post #23  (ISO)  » Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:28 pm

Jumping right into the drama and suspicion, are we? Fun fun fun!

Happyflea wrote:FOS:Bertrand. He's FOSing lowell who despite his missguided voting is at least trying to find a rational reason to lynch someone rather than the 'random' votes people throw around.

Therefor lowell seems to be takeing a course of action that discurrages pro-town bvehaviour. And this leads to the conclusion that if he is trying to steer the townsfolk off a course of action that allows them to get rid of the scum then he must be scum because what other motive would he have to sabotage the townfolks attempt at ridding themselves of said scum.

Vote:Bertrand

The FoS, if I'm not mistaken, was because it wasn't quite rational enough, which is, of course, not good for the town. Also, you'll find random voting a very common phenomena, and being suspicious of those that engage in it will get you nowhere. In fact, I would think that the mafia would be more inclined to start pointing fingers early on and try to push the town to a lynch of somebody not them. FoS: HappyFlea for convoluted explanations for unreasonable votes. I'm watching you.

yellowbounder
/cows

Post Post #24  (ISO)  » Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:54 pm

Vote: Save The Dragons

Obviously because he will use his Moderator Mind Tricks, to work out our roles. :P

Next
[ + ]

Return to Completed Newbie Games