DP6 (Famous Women Mafia) - Game Over!!!!

Electra
Electra
Goon
Electra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2003 9:37 am

Post by Electra »

mith wrote:It strikes me as a very nice ability for a Godmother to have to be able to prevent lynches... add that to the mother thing and the italian-catholic connection, and I'm still leaning toward Cadmium as Godmother.
On that line of thought, in a mini I played there was indeed a Mafia member who could prevent lynches. IMO, if Jeep dies and is Mafia, MeMe should try to kill Cadmium. Otherwise, I personally don't feel like seeing two deaths the next morning.
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2003 9:54 am

Post by d8P »

So what are we waiting for? The plan with the mith modifications is flawless (unless it doesn't work I mean)

Are we still waiting for SK?
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2003 10:35 am

Post by MeMe »

mith wrote:If jeep doesn't get lynched, I suggest MeMe kill him and SK kill Cadmium.
I'm not sure we can depend on SK to do anything... :?
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2003 11:16 am

Post by mith »

That's why I didn't suggest it the other way around; you guys might not be able to kill Cadmium anyway, if he's actually Godmother.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2003 11:21 am

Post by mith »

Alright, totally can't remember what else I was going to say. Had a meeting with a parent that lasted way longer than I thought it would. :)

I think the decision is that we try to lynch jeep and then Electra will check Quail, if jeep is Mafia MeMe will kill Cadmium, if not she won't kill, SK won't try to kill, but CB will try his ability on her and d8P will block CB. And I'll sit around looking pretty.

I'll give SK a little more time, and vote tonight.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2003 11:45 am

Post by MeMe »

So, if jeep is innocent, I don't kill??

And, why not have SaberKitty target Cadmium along with me? Can't hurt, and it might help if Cad's the godmother.
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2003 12:01 pm

Post by jeep »

I just realized that if the mafia has a role blocker, then this whole plan blows up, right?

Before I get lynched, I'd like to discuss that scenario.

-JEEP
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2003 12:03 pm

Post by mith »

Might as well, I suppose.

I think if jeep is innocent, we're better off not killing yet and letting Electra get some info on Quail, because we'll know *something* screwy is going on, and we're almost out of time. We can always get a Vig kill in the next night, if you and SK are both innocent. Whereas if we have jeep as Mafia dead, we've got a little more room to work with.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2003 12:07 pm

Post by mith »

I don't think it blows up. If there is a Mafia role blocker, it's pretty much got to be one of the three already claimed as role blockers. If d8P doesn't go with the plan tonight, we catch him; we can do the same plan in reverse tomorrow night. It doesn't prove they're innocent necessarily, but it keeps them from being able to screw anything else up, right?
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2003 12:30 pm

Post by jeep »

I'm not sure it works out right, but it's probably within acceptable risk levels.

I thought the plan was that when I come up innocent, then quailman is clearly mafia, so he should die... (unless only a godmother is left, in which case, I think we're in good shape anyway) Why did you try to change this mith?

-JEEP
Electra
Electra
Goon
Electra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2003 12:58 pm

Post by Electra »

But Quailman claimed doc when no one else has, so I believe him. =P Better to confirm him than to vig kill him anyway.
CaptainBlicero
CaptainBlicero
ARRRRRRRR!
CaptainBlicero
ARRRRRRRR!
ARRRRRRRR!

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2003 1:11 pm

Post by CaptainBlicero »

Yeah, if jeep's innocent, I think the vigs shouldn't kill, because then we could possibly lose three innocents all at once and really hurt our chances. There are some roles that are suspicious (Annie Oakley and Margaret Thatcher because they have access to guns, Mother Theresa = God Mother), but nothing definitive enough to warrant a vig-kill. Honestly, with this many powerful pro-town roles still alive, there's no need for vigilante theatrics. Much better to carefully review what we know and make educated decisions (read: lynches) as a town.

Also, I won't reveal who I will target tonight. I just realized that the scum could kill SK and thus make our test for d8p null and void. So, I'll go after one of the players who has a non-essential night choice.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2003 3:27 pm

Post by MeMe »

Is anyone questioning your ability to make someone go to sleep? We know that someone did it, and you took the credit. I mean, do we really want someone to be unable to contribute at this point in the game? It seems rather counterproductive to me.
CaptainBlicero
CaptainBlicero
ARRRRRRRR!
CaptainBlicero
ARRRRRRRR!
ARRRRRRRR!

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2003 3:34 pm

Post by CaptainBlicero »

Well, the theory is that if I actually put anyone to sleep tonight, then we don't need anyone's contribution, because we're lynching d8p in the morning.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2003 3:38 pm

Post by MeMe »

You know, I knew that at one point...but it kind of got lost in the shuffle of my mind and for a minute I was like "wait a
minute
..."

Remember, I'm unwell today. :oops:
Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2003 9:20 pm

Post by Cadmium »

Since noone had any comment on my previous post, I take it that I'm not talking crap. I guess the mafia couldn't find anything there to use against me ;).
Mith wrote:It strikes me as a very nice ability for a Godmother to have to be able to prevent lynches...
Mith wrote:And I agree with MeMe's analysis of the situation
A very nice ability? First, I get blamed for not noticing the "way overbalanced for the town" crap (and obviously you agree), and now you're saying there could be a
Godmother
with the ability to prevent lynches? Talk about way overbalanced.
Mith wrote:perhaps Cadmium didn't say anything because as long as Leo was alive, he was a "confirmed" innocent?
Almost noone believed Leo. So what good would it do me to be pointed out as a "confirmed" innocent by someone who noone trusts? Oh, and in case someone didn't get this, Leo only claimed to have investigated me in order to prevent my lynch so he could keep on stealing my ability.

Look, it's obvious I'm not lying about my ability. Noone else has claimed it and it has to be in the game since Leo survived lynches and didn't have this ability himself. He did have a stealing ability so I'm certainly not lying about my role. So the only remaining question is, am I good or bad? I understand the connection between Mother Teresa and Godmother. But seriously, Mother Teresa? Killing at night? I don't think so. She's a saint for crying out loud.

But I know I won't be able to talk it out of your heads. The mafia has fed you with so much crap that you're all starting to believe it. Anyway, when I get killed and you will find out that I was telling the truth, don't feel bad for lynching a saint. Hell's not that bad ;).
"OH MY GOD, Cadmium! I can make rye bread! You must be innocent, I'll do whatever you tell me!" exclaims Mackay excitedly. - Jeep, Mini Game 9
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2003 3:44 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Quickly dropping by.

Mathcam will mod in my absence. Just in case, I'm sending the roles Friday to Antrax as well, who has also volunteered to take over. If mathcam has not shown up in the thread by then, I think Antrax should take over.

I'm still around the coming weekend, so questions can still be answered then.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2003 3:45 am

Post by mathcam »

Hey, I'm here, reading the post thoroughly as it plays out. Was I supposed to do something already?

Cam
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2003 3:49 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

No, fine, just did not see you post and did not get a reaction/acknowledegment/questions on my message with the roles.

Take it from here. Good luck.

[leaves thread]
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2003 3:51 am

Post by mathcam »

Have a nice trip!

Cam
Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2003 5:22 am

Post by Cadmium »

Since you guys will probably finish me off, here are some of my thoughts on d8P before I go:
  1. CaptainBlicero's claim is partly proven by Saberkitty's disability to post yesterday.
  2. If CaptainBlicero is telling the truth, it makes d8P's claim less believable. It would mean there have to be three blockers in the game.
  3. If you look at all the claimed pro-town role descriptions, d8P's is the far most powerfull one of them all. A little too powerfull compared to the others. He can block (nothing wrong here) but he will also be told whether someone was planning to go out (which normally is the only ability someone has).
  4. Also, if CaptainBlicero is telling the truth, Saberkitty cannot be responsible for the "bullet" kills (and neither can Leo by stealing her role). So it has to be someone else.
  5. d8P's role could be responsible for the "bullet" kills by sending the army. This makes sense, since DP used the words "many many bullets".
  6. Leo tried to get d8P lynched. If we would have lynched him and found out he was innocent, we would have known for sure that Leo was scum. Something he didn't want to happen for sure. I think he stole d8P's ability and found out he was mafia. He probably tried to give a mafia member to us in order to let his claim become more believable.
  7. And finally, there's the inconsistency between MeMe's and d8P's choices on night 2 and 3. MeMe claims to have not gone out and d8P claims that she was putting makeup on.
All this added together makes d8P the most suspicous one to me right now.
"OH MY GOD, Cadmium! I can make rye bread! You must be innocent, I'll do whatever you tell me!" exclaims Mackay excitedly. - Jeep, Mini Game 9
CaptainBlicero
CaptainBlicero
ARRRRRRRR!
CaptainBlicero
ARRRRRRRR!
ARRRRRRRR!

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2003 5:53 am

Post by CaptainBlicero »

Plus there's the fact that many Margaret Thatcher has been called a "war criminal" in some left-leaning circles. Yeah, I'll be real surprised if d8p isn't scum.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2003 8:49 am

Post by MeMe »

Hey - replacement mod - can we get a count?
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2003 9:15 am

Post by mathcam »

Ahhh...but of course....

Vote Count: (9 alive, 5 to lynch)

JEEP (4)
(Cadmium, Captain Blicero, Electra, Quailman)
Not voting (5): (d8P, MeMe, mith, Saberkitty, JEEP)

Cam
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2003 9:32 am

Post by MeMe »

Shall we do it or does everyone still want to wait for SaberKitty?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”