DP6 (Famous Women Mafia) - Game Over!!!!

Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Fri Sep 26, 2003 11:48 am

Post by Quailman »

MeMe wrote:--I killed Cadmium last night, at the request of the town.
Well... If you were as I suggested you
might
be, a Mafia who's sold us a bill of goods, then you would have known that Mother Teresa was indeed who she said she was, namely a saintly woman who prayed for lynch targets. You would have gladly carried out the request to kill her, knowing that Ma Barker's lynch and role revelation was inevitable. Killing her would further your own cause, and to do otherwise would have revealed your true nature.

Citing that as a reason for us to believe you is very sloppy indeed. Oh, and as for placing the last vote on two Mafiosos, well, the first would simply be good planning, and the second was inevitable, and there was no way to avoid that lynch. And once Electra found the identity of Liz Borden, it wouldn't matter if her killing technique had not yet been used, there was only one thing she could be - EVIL, EVIL, EVIL!

I'm still waiting to hear from the others, though. As I said, I put forth the theory about Mother Teresa, so I want the town to discuss this a bit.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Fri Sep 26, 2003 12:17 pm

Post by MeMe »

I'm beginning to think you're insane.
Quailman wrote:Citing that as a reason for us to believe you is very sloppy indeed.
Sloppy? Maybe if it were my
only
reason cited it might be deemed not enough to sway anyone -- but definitely not sloppy.
quailman wrote:Oh, and as for placing the last vote on two Mafiosos, well, the first would simply be good planning, and the second was inevitable, and there was no way to avoid that lynch.
Interesting that "inevitable" was the word I used when I gave a one-hour warning for my jeep vote -- if I had wanted to, I could have delayed it (under the guise of waiting for SaberKitty) and given jeep some more time to introduce some doubt -- he had been showing some signs of life by throwing some out that "why'd you change this, mith" comment.
Quailman wrote:And once Electra found the identity of Liz Borden, it wouldn't matter if her killing technique had not yet been used, there was only one thing she could be - EVIL, EVIL, EVIL!
Do you not remember Corsato's "Elizabeth Montgomery" role claim? It was awesome and very well may have worked! Would I have ruined any hope it had of saving him by pointing out what no one else had noticed -- the fact that Werebear's death matched Lizzie's MO?

Quailman, you're reaching like a guilty man. The only reason I'm not voting for you is that I can't see how DP could've
possibly
put Florence into the scum division.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Fri Sep 26, 2003 12:26 pm

Post by d8P »

Well, while we're waiting....my gut tells me you're on the level, MeMe, and has done for a few days now. I targetted you night 9 because I thought you were supposed to attack me to confirm me. That had been decided before Leo's death, and I wasn't made aware of any changes to the plan.

As to the inconsistencies in my results, I can't explain them. I wouldn't mind having a little light shed on the subject myself. :/

If the good captain tells us he forgot to make a night choice then we'll "know" my results are reverse for all "putting on make up" is an element of (going out)'.

If the good captain tells us he did make a night choice we'll know.... something else. I don't know - that DP realised night 2 that I should've gotten a "made up" result for Jeep who would have met with the rest of the mafia, so he started randomising the results to be consistently inconsistent, maybe? Or maybe he or MeMe is messing with me for no reason. Or
maybe
<insert other random speculation here>. At least it'll confirm my role mechanic if CB did indeed have makeup on.

It feels like I've spent 1/2 this game getting people to confirm me. Now I know what it feels like to be vacuous.

For now, though:
Vote: Replace SK
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2003 4:00 am

Post by mith »

Well, I think I can help clear MeMe, at least a little bit. Someone attacked me last night. Since we have a kill from MeMe already, it wasn't her, unless she has some two-kill once a game thing. Which means there is another killer. It also can't be CB I think, since he was either blocked by d8P or d8P was lying and he's bad.

So, if CB *did* make a choice, then that also helps clear d8P a bit; again, only if the Mafia can only do one thing at a time. What do we think about that?

So, current main suspect for me is SK.

More sometime. :)
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2003 3:04 pm

Post by MeMe »

vote: replace SK
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2003 2:14 am

Post by Quailman »

I agree.
vote: Replace SK
Electra
Electra
Goon
Electra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2003 9:38 am

Post by Electra »

vote: d8p
, citing the Leo-wanted-to-clear-self reasons.
CaptainBlicero
CaptainBlicero
ARRRRRRRR!
CaptainBlicero
ARRRRRRRR!
ARRRRRRRR!

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2003 9:40 am

Post by CaptainBlicero »

Well, I'm an idiot, and I screwed up the Master Plan by targeting Cadmium last night. So, I can't verify d8p. I'll post my suspicions later.
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2003 9:59 am

Post by d8P »

Electra!?! Leo wanted to have me lynched because I'd put him on the spot.
What the hell is wrong with this game? It seems like you peopple are trying hard not to clear me.
And I think we've given the mafia enough of an advantage already thank you very much. I've told you my role. I've tried
numerous
times to prove I am who I say I am. I can't do anything else.
But that's the plan, is it? Lynch our way through the innocents?
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2003 3:38 am

Post by mathcam »

Agreed. Effective (almost) immediately, SaberKitty is being replaced by PBuG.

Cam
CaptainBlicero
CaptainBlicero
ARRRRRRRR!
CaptainBlicero
ARRRRRRRR!
ARRRRRRRR!

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2003 5:08 am

Post by CaptainBlicero »

I think d8p must be the last scum. Here's why:

1) Role mechanic - Why would Margaret Thatcher check to see if another woman was wearing makeup? This doesn't seem to make any sense

2) Margaret Thatcher is the only role who controls a large organization, and would make sense as a Godmother. I can't picture Annie Oakley skillfully managing a mafia family.

3) Inconsistent results - MeMe was "made up" yet stayed in. I was "made up" and went out.

4) Night choices - when d8p roleclaimed, he listed jeep as his Night 1 choice... If he's mafia, this would be a way to get backup for his roleclaim (and at the time, no one was suspicious of jeep). Then, he targeted only MeMe or Leo for the rest of the game. His results about Leo were weird (if he was role-blocking Leo, how was Leo stealing Cadmium's ability?), and his results about MeMe were just wrong.

5) d8p's idea for confirming himself (taken from page 14)
d8p wrote:Anyway, there is a safe way for me to prove myself here: MeMe could try to kill me tonight and I'll canvas her.
Potentially a great ploy for a Godmother.

6) Leo's results. This has already been gone into. Leo would have no bonus from calling an innocent player "guilty," except for maybe getting another kill. However, had he led the town to lynch a mafia, his credibility would've been saved.

7) 1-6, I am assuming that d8p actually is Margaret Thatcher, and is still probably scum. However, d8p has not yet been confirmed by Electra. For all we know, he could be the Bride of Satan.

Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2003 5:16 am

Post by Quailman »

Your point #5 about MeMe attacking d8p while d8p role-blocks her supports my hypothesis that MeMe is not the friendly vigilante that she claims to be. All it would take is for MeMe to say "Yes, I attacked her," and we'd all believe both of their claims. There's no reason there can't be a godmother/ringleader
and
another goon.

Still, I am going to wait for PBuG to chime in.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2003 6:15 am

Post by MeMe »

Quailman wrote:Your point #5 about MeMe attacking d8p while d8p role-blocks her supports my hypothesis that MeMe is not the friendly vigilante that she claims to be. All it would take is for MeMe to say "Yes, I attacked her," and we'd all believe both of their claims.
How does this support your theory? It sounds as though you're suggesting d8p & I might be in cahoots. If that were so, why would I have contradicted his "results" on me in the first place? As you say, I could have cleared him already by saying "yep -- I
was
going out!"
Quailman wrote:There's no reason there can't be a godmother/ringleader
and
another goon.
So, you think that, in a 20-person game, DP put together a six-person mafia group consisting of four goons, one mafia spy (converts to goon), and a godmother? Whoa. I'm having enough trouble getting my head around the fact that he obviously gave us a
five
-person group. I really think we're down to one bad girl.

I do think d8p's suspicious (as documented in my "here's what I think of everyone" post last page) -- but Quailman's trying so hard to introduce confusion into the mix and I can't understand why a pro-town role would do that.

Here's a weird thought I had, though. In most games, cops get "innocent" or "guilty." In this game, it's role name...so we've been thinking that the godmother (if we have one) would have to be innocent-sounding. What if the godmother had the ability to don a disguise at night -- perhaps an actress? I know that's off-the-wall, but...anyway.

Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2003 6:47 am

Post by Quailman »

No doubt d8p should swing first, but if that doesn't end the game, then I know where my next vote's going, should I survive the night. I think we're up to three out of four, so I'll wait to cast mine so PBuG can read all 22 pages (plus caches) before the game is over.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2003 8:59 am

Post by mith »

I agree that d8P is most suspicious, if CB screwed up last night. I certainly don't think there are two Mafia left, and so MeMe is not at all high on my list. 5 scum and a spy is a bit much; if they'd gotten Electra early, we'd have been screwed. However, if d8P is scum and role blocks (doesn't kill), then SK is next.

I'd like SK to be replaced or speak up before we lynch, as usual.
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2003 9:21 am

Post by Quailman »

mathcam wrote:Agreed. Effective (almost) immediately, SaberKitty is being replaced by PBuG.

Cam
That's why I didn't vote yet. In case it ends the game, I don't want to do so until our esteemed replacement player has had a chance to read the whole thread.
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2003 9:29 am

Post by d8P »

GAH! How stupid can I have been? Nicely done CB, I have to hand it to you. ~hands it to CB~

I spent so much of this game bending over backwards, putting more and more effort into disbelieving my own suspicions about you.

Man, I even agreed to you setting me up.

I asked MeMe to take me out. She "forgot", then found it "suspicious" I blocked her.
~gingerly puts rest of faith in his ability to judge character into a fragile origami boat and, with pathetic, poignant hope, releases it to the pull of the here-calm stream...~
I
think
this was just playing into their hands, rather on their team.
~...and watches as it slowly turns through unhurried spirals, away around the curve of the river and off among the distant hills where the clouds gather~

CB pointed out that MeMe failing to take someone out was no guarantee of my abilities. The master plan was decided on.

CB "forgot" his own Master plan, leaving me for the third day running having to prove my innocence. Now I'm to be lynched without ever being given the chance? THAT SUCKS. IN UPPERCASE LETTERS. After this kind of treatment, I never want to be town again.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2003 9:29 am

Post by MeMe »

Uh, what? If it ends the game, I think PBuG will be glad to have been spared the tediousness of reading a game that's over the second after he says "Okay! Done reading!" I'm fine with waiting, but what a weird reason.
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2003 9:32 am

Post by TBuG »

Quailman wrote:No doubt d8p should swing first, but if that doesn't end the game, then I know where my next vote's going, should I survive the night. I think we're up to three out of four, so I'll wait to cast mine so PBuG can read all 22 pages (plus caches) before the game is over.
I've actually been reading this even before I replaced :D

I don't know why SaberKitty was reluctant to help...
If you want me to kill somebody, I will, but I won't be able to kill anybody anymore if I do.

Annie Oakley r0x0rs :D

I also think that d8P is most suspicious...

Vote: d8P
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2003 9:32 am

Post by MeMe »

My response was to Quailman's earlier post, not d8p's.
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2003 9:38 am

Post by Quailman »

That's it then.

The only other time I've been a replacement in a well-along game, it didn't end as soon as I got in, but I took over an obviously guilty role and was voted out of existence after reading the whole thing but before I could post.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2003 9:49 am

Post by MeMe »

Wait - am I/PBuG killing anyone?
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2003 9:54 am

Post by mathcam »

And that'll do it. With 5 votes, d8P...you
are
the weakest line. Oh, did I say weakest link? I meant Margaret Thatcher, mafia godfather. And that'll do it, town.

Moderator Cam: Congratulations.
Princess Di Cam: Woooo!!!!!!
Lucresia Borgia Cam: You bastards! I'll kill you from beyond the grave!

Remainder of town roles coming momentarily.

Cam
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2003 9:56 am

Post by mathcam »

CAPTAIN BLICERO, You are ENYA (town)
Every night you can sing someone to sleep with your soothing voice. Your target will not be able to carry out their regular role that night and will be asleep during the day as well (no posts, no votes). Email me your choice if you want to do so.

QUAILMAN2, You are FLORENCE NIGHTINGALE (town, doctor)
Every night you can heal one player of your choice. Email me the name.

You are the MAFIA:
d8P = Margaret Thatcher (Godmother), kills by turning players to stone
Every night you send me your victim, as well as who will do the killing.
Investigators will receive role names, rather than good/bad. This gives the Godmother a fighting chance.

ELECTRA, You are Mrs. MARPLE (town, cop).
Every night you can send me a name of your choice and I will send you the corresponding role name. You have to figure out yourself if that role is good or bad.

MEME, You are JOAN OF ARC (town, vigilante)
Every night you can choose to kill someone with your sword. Email me your choice if you want to do so.

SABERKITTY/PBuG, You are ANNIE OAKLEY (town, one-shot vigilante)
Once in the course of the game you can choose to shoot someone at night. Email me your choice if you want to do so.
Note: not yet used

MITH, You are FLORENCE GRIFFITH-JOINER (town)
Your running skills will help you survive one night-attack. I will tell you when that has happened.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2003 9:58 am

Post by MeMe »

Wait...mith & Quailman are innocent??

And, on another note -- WOO!! :D

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”