NY 172: Another Large Normal (GAME OVER)

Damon_Gant
Damon_Gant
Goon
Damon_Gant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3250 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 10:22 pm

Post by Damon_Gant »

In post 3248, TheWayItEnds wrote:So we should keep scum around for longer because he has more posts? Thats.... an interesting way of doing things.
Did I say that? My vote is on PV.
Swimming, anyone?

Call me Gant
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #3251 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 10:28 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 3248, TheWayItEnds wrote:
In post 3243, fferyllt wrote:
In post 3241, TheWayItEnds wrote:
In post 3235, fferyllt wrote:My thoughts are in order. I will do some review overnight before taking my shot.

Any questions for me?
Do you wanna vote PV so we can lynch scum today?
I'm hoping for more posts from him before the game day ends. I'm willing to move my vote when it's closer to nightfall.

Why do you think PV is more likely scum than ThAd?
Sorry I left after I posted that.
I see that you went ahead and looked at ThAd but this is what I posted earlier:

me in like 2997 or something wrote: ThAd is saved because day 2 happened and he was town in it. I mean sure hes town with shit reads... but hes still prob town.
I mean I'll admit that he isnt really helping himself out today, and maybe theres a reason I'm like the only person in the game town reading him but hand me a hammer and I'd hammer PV 10 out of 10 times here.

And I think I've been pretty clear about PV today.

Your PV read surprises me because its almost exactly opposite of mine, in that I dont think hes put in anything that resembles town effort today. I mean its almost deadline and he barely scraped reads together on 2 out of the 6 players we havent cleared yet.

I mean I know it sucks to fake a bunch of reads when we're just going to kill you anyway but if you're going to pretend to be town at least pretend to be town and actually come up with reads on the player base.

I know this probably isnt as verbose as you wanted but I just got back home and I'm about to pass out so its pretty much all I got.
Damon_Gant wrote:I think the situation is this:

PV: L-2
ThAd: L-2
Me: L-3

Just over 8 hours to go. Time for us to make a decision. I believe that PV is more likely to flip scum than ThAd but I will acknowledge that PV is contributing a lot more to the game right now.
So we should keep scum around for longer because he has more posts? Thats.... an interesting way of doing things.

.... Time for sleep. I'll try to be awake before deadline but I would much prefer to wake up to a dead PV.
You realize that Pere has put more effort into day 4 than ThAd has, right?

I'm less familiar with ThAd's play than Pere's, and I'm coming off a string of games where I scumread town-Pere (with one scumread of scum-Pere but still). I'm course-correcting really hard.

I went into the isos on ThAd, Pere and Egg hoping to find scum and predisposed to find scum. If I had come away with 3 scum reads I'd worry about confbias.

If we lynch ThAd and he flips town at least it will make my decision easier tonight. If we lynch him and he flips scum and the game doesn't end I'll probably have a nervous breakdown going through a 4-way ISO.

I guess it works out the same way if Pere is the lynch, but my vote will be heavy-hearted.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #3252 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 10:34 pm

Post by fferyllt »

I have never worked this hard replacing into a game.

I've never replaced in as a vig on day 4 either. :/

It's 2:30 am and I'm not going to get to a Deas iso before the day ends probably. I'll iso him during the night phase.
Aside from the gunsmith inno, what are the reasons to think he's town?

Idic
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3253 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 10:47 pm

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2694, Yates wrote:
In post 2689, Snork wrote:I don't want to check SiX tonight. I'd rather check one of the unknowns.
Yeah. Check someone else. Pretend you are a cop and treat SiX like a Miller claim. Aptil admitted he would show as having a gun and there's no reason not to believe that. I'm not sure what a second check would prove/disprove.

I'll protect you so you can at least get another read out.
SO looking through for ThAd stuff, I come across this.

Either Yates was crumbing doc fakeclaim or there is a mafia doc or this all means nothing.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3254 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 11:17 pm

Post by PeregrineV »

- Yates has ThAd in the To be sorted.

- Yates still has ThAd in could be scummy pile. Looks like keeping the bussing option open.

Town read, but totally qualified with the eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhh thing.
In post 2244, mastin2 wrote:
AP wrote:ThAdmiral - Meh?
Not meh, town. ThAd's posting is kinda eeeeeeeeeeeehh stance-wise, but it looks really, really legitimate, and while I don't agree with his reads, I understand the reasons for them basically perfectly and can track his mindset.

Nero's lynch list contains AP-scum and Yates-scum, and Mastin indicates that off them all, ThAd is the one he wants to save?
Egg is removed in his "reasons".
In post 2280, mastin2 wrote:
In post 2274, Nero Cain wrote:Talk to me about my reads.
Alright.
Mister Rogers/PA
Snork
AngryPidgeon
BipolarChemist/Egg
Yates
PeregrineV
PA's null to me overall right now.
Snork's posting looks town, but feels like it has to be an alt. It feels like this level of drive and familiarity could only come from an insider. So if Snork really weren't an alt, I'd actually feel like scum if that makes sense.
AP's a concern, since he's not feeling the townvibes.
I liked BipolarChemist's posting and Egg's has continued the trend.
Yates is null, as is PV. Don't really remember anything from either of them.

With a lynch list of {Snork/PA/Yates/AP/PV/Thad}, basically the only one I wouldn't want lynched is ThAd, whose posting does look town to me.
More reasons why:
In post 2365, mastin2 wrote:
In post 2317, SnowStorm wrote:If anyone has a problem with this lynch, explain why, because I haven't seen a single good reason to believe that ThAd is town.
Everything about him is ridiculously town, even if not sheeping-town. Look at his posts from his perspective. They're not calculated. They're not artificial. They're not precise. These are all traits of a scum ThAd. They're impulsive. Rash. Emotional. Argumentive rather than manipulative. He's not trying to push an agenda; he's frustrated about the game. His posting looks genuine, like he's trying to figure out the game.

Like, I'm just about as disjointed from the game as can be, yet I can tell all of this basically instantly.

AP decries Thad as town, Mastin wholeheartedlty agrees. This comes at VC 2.10, when a ThAd-lynch is gaining traction.:
In post 2358, Plessiez wrote:
It's day 2. Deadline for the day is 13th April, 15:45. That's (expired on 2014-04-13 15:45:32).

Vote Count 2.10
ThAdmiral [4 votes] (SnowStorm, RachMarie, Egg, Nero Cain)
TheWayItEnds [3 votes] (DeasVail, mastin2, PeregrineV)
SnowStorm [3 votes] (penguin_alien, Angry Pidgeon, Damon_Gant)
Nero Cain [2 votes] (ThAdmiral, SiX)
AngryPidgeon [1 vote] (TheWayItEnds)
mastin2 [1 vote] (Yates)
projectmatt [1 vote] (4nxi3ty)

2 playes are not voting
: {projectmatt, Snork}
- ThaD jumps to his own defense against Nero & Snow. No mention of the whiteknighting by Mastin/AP.

AP stuff
-

Prior to this post, AP had Thad as a low-grade scumread ("yeah, let's lynch ThaD" type thing).
In post 1648, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 1647, Nero Cain wrote:If Talah flips town can we lynch Snork?
I'll admit I've been secretly paranoid about Snork over a few things.

Snork trying to CW Thadmiral and calling a stupid null-post a scumclaim in bold felt over the top dramatic. The point about you not wanting to be ISOd feels like a convenient case and he is sort of keeping you at arm's length instead of actually pushing on you?

I must not waver, Snork is still p town. Also, talah wont be flipping town.
- AP tone changes and ThAd moves to town
- AP defending ThAd from Snow ("The defense you made holds equally for Thad who you consider scummy: Thad disliked both wagons, so clearly he is town for voting aptil. What is his scum motivation for voting aptil??")
Same post also tries to move Snow from ThaD focus to 4xniety
In post 2066, AngryPidgeon wrote:
ThAdmiral - Meh?

DeasVail - I'd lynch it.
- not sure what to think.

-ThAd back to scum?

More AP "reads"
In post 2193, AngryPidgeon wrote:K. Are we seriously back to 5 days left until deadline?

Nero, RM, Yates, Anxiety, PV, Snork, [aptil-slot], thadmiral are all pretty town.

Townblock, start suggesting good lynches and why.

I want TWIE, Matt, or Snow right now the most. Could maybe do mastin (not really a scumread, but decent compromise at this point), Egg (replaced Bipolar, doesnt feel like town-egg really).

I think I'd rather not lynch DV today actually. Someone throw something out.
- ThaD is town because rage.

- Long post of AP defending ThAd from Snow.
Around here I do not see ThaD defending himself from Snow- he's busy fighting off Nero.
Not only does ThAd not argue with Snow, he does say anything to AP who is defending him while having him as a meh-town-scum read most of the game.

- More ThAd defense

:up: :up: - And this is actually last mention, talk etc. of ThAD until AP dies

All in all, ThAd not recognizing buddying when he sees it it very off-putting. Conisdering he's used it on me effectively before, he knows how it works. Plus he's indicated in the thread that he is aware of how others read him, so how did he miss AP's defense of him and not call Mastin's WK him for what it was?

Want to check a few more things- then probably a ThAd vote.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3255 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 11:24 pm

Post by Plessiez »

It's day 4. Deadline for the day is
May 3rd, 12:58
. That means you have (expired on 2014-05-03 12:58:35).

Vote Count 4.10
PeregrineV [4 votes] (Egg, TheWayItEnds, DeasVail, Damon_Gant)
ThAdmiral [4 votes] (SnowStorm, penguin_alien, fferyllt, Snork)
Damon_Gant [3 votes] (PeregrineV, ThAdmiral, Six)

Everyone is voting!

With
players alive it takes
votes to lynch somebody or to go to night.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3256 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 11:31 pm

Post by PeregrineV »

Wanted to check Zdenek and Nero posts.

Zdenek had only minor Thad Stuff. Was probably killed because Mastin/Yates.

Nero (The Noisemaker) is usually killed because he's tunneling correctly. And ThaD is prominent in his iso.

Vote: ThAd
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3257 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 11:32 pm

Post by Plessiez »

DeasVail hasn't posted for over 48 hours and hasn't arranged a V/LA. He has therefore been prodded.
SiX
SiX
Goon
SiX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3258 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 11:37 pm

Post by SiX »

I'll hammer if necessary later on. But since I will be available like (all the day today?) and there's still 6h ½ hour, I won't hammer so discussion will still be open in case someone has something to say.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3259 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 11:51 pm

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 3258, SiX wrote:I'll hammer if necessary later on. But since I will be available like (all the day today?) and there's still 6h ½ hour, I won't hammer so discussion will still be open in case someone has something to say.
Unless soemthign breaks, keep it to me or ThAd.

You protect Snork.

But, keep in mind.
In post 2978, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 2975, Snork wrote:You're dumb. Really.
You do realize that as an alive claimed investigative role, that if you are not NKed, you need to be lynched prior to lylo to verify your results. Preferably a day or 2.
In post 2981, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 2980, Snork wrote:lol you're dumb too.

Worst case, we have 2 mislynches left. Today, and tomorrow. You really think that a) scum are going to keep me alive just on the off-chance they can convince town to lynch me and b) leave me around to continue investigating? I think not.

But go on, keep trying to sow seeds of doubt about my claim, about the existence of an SK, about the number of scum left. It's amusing, but you're still dead today. And on the slim possibility you are town, I'm probably dead tonight. So you'll get your flip one way or the other.

I've really about had it with this game. People keep prod-dodging and messing about with crap. I'm getting bored.
Actually, it's standard mafia theory. If you are scum fakeclaiming, then you would of course not die, and you could "clear" town but also "clear" scum.

Your results are not validated until you are. You are usually not validated until dead.
In post 2983, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 2982, Egg wrote:No we aren't anywhere near questioning whether or not Snork is lying scum.
Just because you aren't, doesn't mean you shouldn't.

The fact that Snork lived last night AND got a result means if scum have a rolebleocker, they did not use it on him (a better target)?. If they do not have a rolebleocker, then why is he alive? As a player and as a role he is way more dangerous to scum than RachMarie (no offense Rach! Image)

Allowing him to live and get results seems suboptimal for scum to play. Especially given that Mastin/AP/Yates were all scum.

One day I might be able to understand (that would be last night). Anything else past that is unrealistic on the part of scum to allow him to live. Ditto on the part of town.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3260 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 12:45 am

Post by Egg »

Unvote, Vote ThAd

That's fine I guess. It's what I wanted coming into the day anyway. I trust Snork and ff. If we can trust Six too, we're good.
SiX
SiX
Goon
SiX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3261 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 12:46 am

Post by SiX »

That's a hammer then I believe. Gl.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3262 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 12:50 am

Post by Egg »

I'm actually kind of wondering if after all this ThAd and Pere are both scum lol
Damon_Gant
Damon_Gant
Goon
Damon_Gant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3263 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 1:02 am

Post by Damon_Gant »

That is the hammer. I believe it to be very possible that ThAd and Pere are both scum. Good luck.
Swimming, anyone?

Call me Gant
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3264 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 1:49 am

Post by Plessiez »

It's day 4. Deadline for the day is
May 3rd, 12:58
. That means you have (expired on 2014-05-03 12:58:35).

Vote Count 4.11 (Final)
ThAdmiral [6 votes] (SnowStorm, penguin_alien, fferyllt, Snork, PeregrineV, Egg)
[LYNCH]

PeregrineV [3 votes] (TheWayItEnds, DeasVail, Damon_Gant)
Damon_Gant [2 votes] (ThAdmiral, Six)

Everyone is voting!

With
players alive it takes
votes to lynch somebody or to go to night.

Flip coming up...
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3265 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 1:58 am

Post by Plessiez »

(There are no hidden clues about the game in the flavour below.)

Events continued, as they tend to do.

Despite the weeks of debate and all the impromptu (and presumably unlawful) trials, evil killers still lurked within the town. Could they be stopped? If not, then when and where would they strike next?

You had to hope that today would be the end of the matter. This could be your last chance to unearth the people who had been responsible for so much bloodshed. (OK, it probably wasn't.)

Finally it was done. One more person had been lynched. As the sun slowly set behind you, you realised that the day was over.

ThAdmiral
has been lynched ... he was a
mafia ascetic
!

Night Four begi ... oh, hang on.

Night Four does not begin now. Or ever.

The game is over.
Town wins!
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3266 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 2:00 am

Post by Egg »

Nice.
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3267 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 2:02 am

Post by Plessiez »

Thanks to everyone who played and wasn't replaced? (And thanks also to the many many people who agreed to replace-in during the game.)

First dead thread (without spoilers).

Spoilerised dead thread.

I'll post role PMs and night actions here for completeness in a bit.
Damon_Gant
Damon_Gant
Goon
Damon_Gant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3268 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 2:04 am

Post by Damon_Gant »

Wow! That's a result.
Swimming, anyone?

Call me Gant
SiX
SiX
Goon
SiX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3269 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 2:06 am

Post by SiX »

Good Game, Well playd guys!
Now read PM Egg!
SiX
SiX
Goon
SiX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3270 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 2:17 am

Post by SiX »

What's a Mafia Ascetic btw?
Damon_Gant
Damon_Gant
Goon
Damon_Gant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3271 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 2:24 am

Post by Damon_Gant »

I'll post more thoughts about the game later (because everything in my life is declared to be done later) but here's some stuff.

Town's performance: Middling, not exactly spectacular. A win based on a lot of luck.

My performance: Middling, not exactly spectacular, but better once mastin was lynched. I had AP lined up to be lynched on Day 3 before the gunsmith came in, and Day 4 ThAd was my top suspect going into the day, though I eventually moved onto Peregrine incorrectly. I also avoided lynch, which is not something I used to be competant at when I last played at this site.

Scum performance: Poor. Good players that performed under-par really. Mastin was clearly not on her A-game for one reason or another, and I think she had also left a lot of clues to the other scum in her posts. Yates getting modkilled was the decisive blow. On Day 4 ThAd was evidently disengaged with the game because he knew it was a lost cause.

Mod: Thanks for running a fun game!
Swimming, anyone?

Call me Gant
Damon_Gant
Damon_Gant
Goon
Damon_Gant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3272 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 2:27 am

Post by Damon_Gant »

Also a shout-out to fferyllt who I would be very tempted to call MVP despite replacing very late in the game and with hindsight at a point when the game was already won for town.
Swimming, anyone?

Call me Gant
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3273 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 2:38 am

Post by SnowStorm »

HA! I knew it! Good job guys!

And thank you for the game, Pless! :)
Damon_Gant wrote:Also a shout-out to fferyllt who I would be very tempted to call MVP despite replacing very late in the game and with hindsight at a point when the game was already won for town.
I agree. So a special thanks to fferyllt, for her time and effort spent in the game, it was crucial to our win today. :)
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #3274 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 2:54 am

Post by fferyllt »

It felt like a 4 scum game. I was really hoping this lynch would end it because looking for a 5th scum was going to involve a lot of paranoia.

Thanks, guys! This could have been a much more difficult replace-in without your help catching up!

Thanks, Plessiez! It was a well-run game and an interesting game design.

The scum team had terrible luck. I really felt for them, reading that 3p lylo.

Idic

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”