Twito
Twito
Mafia Scum
Twito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:00 pm

Post by Twito »

Masterchief wrote:Sorry everyone for coming in late. Don't worry, I'll read a few of the pages and screw everything up and get myself killed in a few days.
Your scum? Cool do that.
Masterchief wrote:Ok first of all Zindaras. I've been meaning to ask you this for a while. Why do you have two kittens licking each other as an avatar.....
They look so cute!
Show
[color=blue]We are all innocent townies and the mod is an evil bastard laughing at us lynching eachother![/color]
I'm at M├â┬®xico as an exhange student and abit inactive.

thesheamuffin: I'm off to masterbate
Uber Timmy: CAN YOU PLAY ONE HANDED
klebian
klebian
Mafia Scum
klebian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:10 pm

Post by klebian »

His scum? What about his scum?

MC: Ones giving the other CPR, genius.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:13 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

inhim's claim is sooooooooooo crap
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:14 pm

its screwed up in terms of mechanics AND flavor.

honestly lynch him.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:29 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Yes, Pooky, InHim's claim looks pretty fake to me, too. It relies on the existence of a role-blocker, and furthermore, it seems fairly pointless unless there is a
scum
role-blocker. Also, if one thought there were a scum role-blocker, I can't think of any reason why he wouldn't have made a Night One choice, since it is less likely he would have ended up undoing a town's
random
role-blocking of some power role. Simply trying to think of flavor as to how a "mechanic" could "undo" a role-blocking certainly doesn't come immediately, although I could speculate how it would be possible.

Still no point in not questioning him while he's still alive, however.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:40 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Okay, reread is finished.

Firstly, Glork, I have to disagree
even more
that Ibby was using “tunnel-vision”. I would like people to read Post 83 up until Post 102. I don’t consider that “tunnel-vision” whatsoever: that is definitely pursuing somebody who
just did something scummy
. If Ibby says Glork was scum the last time she saw Glork try to pull what he did in Post 83/85, I’m glad she didn’t just let it drop for the remainder of her posts. Ignoring something like that is a good way to let Glork get away with whatever he wants (which is apparently one of his goals: to see just how stupid he can be in the same game and pull it off without getting lynched for it).

Immediately after that debacle, Glork immediately has a preposterous exchange of posts with Nightson, starting from Post 116 to Post 125. Once again,
a short string of posts
where Ibby is pursuing Glork for being scummy
again

Vote: Glork
. I can’t believe you are calling that tunnel-vision. At all. Were you expecting Ibby to do nothing?

After I replace into the game, he comes up with a “tell” on Ibby
after Ibby was no longer posting
(as she announced was going to happen in Post 161), so she could not try and refute him. Now he has been pushing on this “tell”, and when I asked him to clarify on the difference between “not getting off of Glork” and “Ibby stayed on Glork”, he responds:
Glork wrote:I already know you're not going to like this, but... I can't really. It's one of those intangible hunch/gut things. It's just in the language (manner) Ibby used. Her posts felt forced/contrived.
He can’t. I think I’ve caught him trying to make up a false “tell” on Ibby in order to push a lynch on me, whether it be today, or later in the game. He also claims that Ibby was “going out of her way to justify her Glork-vote”, when it more the fact that Glork kept continually doing things which deserved a vote.

As if it were even necessary, this post interests me very much, now:
InHimShallIBe, Post 139 wrote:Oh, those stalling lynches... the tales they tell.
This was during the time votes were coming off of MBL and onto Bird1111. I have caught scum trying to do these types of posts before: they try to make the new wagon look bad.

This makes me double-think Zindaras’ theory. It is more than possible that we are dealing with InHim + Bird1111 scum, and that
MrBuddyLee was not part of the scum-group
, at least at the time. He could have been a traitor waiting to be recruited, or perhaps part of a different scum group. Both InHim and Bird1111 put MBL at lynch -1, which goes against them being partners, and InHim tried to direct the lynch
towards
MBL (who I would consider a strong scum-partner) and
away
from Bird1111 (who I would consider a weak scum-partner). Also, MBL went out of his way to slap his vote onto InHim in Post 156. I don’t think it is appropriate to make decisions based on this theory, but I do think it is worth enough merit that I will consider it a more than viable possibility. I’m glad Zindie brought it up.

Oh, special note. People should pay attention to Post 188, which is once again, by Glork. Here, he:

1.) Attacks Ibby after she had already announced she would be absent
2.) Calls StD for a “false dilemma” when StD says at least one of “InHim + Bird1111” are scum. Hmm. Bird1111 has already turned up as scum, and InHim certainly looks like he will be turning up scum. Now I see that both InHim and Glork are attacking me/Ibby. I’m doubting this is coincidental, at this point.

Also, very noteworthy: if MBL was not part of the scum-group, it would
also
fit in with an InHim + Bird + Glork scumgroup. I think this game is going to be a piece of cake, at this rate.

Actually, another possibility just occurred to me. It could be the case that MBL was not scum at all, but was instead targeted by a “scum janitor”, or whatever they’re called. In other words, a role which makes pro-town people turn up as scum when they die. After Glork went to all that trouble to connect me to MBL yesterday, then MBL is only death last night turning up “Gorilla”, and then Glork and InHim both start attacking me as soon as the gates open while trying to squash speculation on why scum supposedly died on a night with one nightkill. Definitely thinking something is up, here.

I’m still a little weirded out by Nightson’s play and interactions with Glork, but I will consider him a tertiary target at this time. I also had a few vibes from Klebian and Dahen, but there appears to be plenty of other people to pursue my thoughts for now.

People I think are Scum-Scums

InHimShallIBe
Glork
Nightson

People I would keep an eye on

Klebian
Dahen

People Who are almost Certainly Town

Save the Dragons

I haven’t had very strong “town” readings on anybody, except StD. I would rather go after people I think are scummy than try to find people I think are town anyways.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:41 pm

I mean if we were all robots it might make sense that a mechanic would unroleblock but WE ARE MONKEYS!!! MONKEEEEEEEEYS!
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:44 pm

Post by Thok »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I mean if we were all robots it might make sense that a mechanic would unroleblock but WE ARE MONKEYS!!! MONKEEEEEEEEYS!
But we're Space Monkeys right? With fancy guns and crazy gadgets that can be broken. Don't see why the mechanics can't fix those.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:53 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Why are you making up flavor for InHim, Thok? I asked him questions so that he could answer them. What do
you
think of his claim?
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:54 pm

Post by Thok »

I'm not really skeptical of it; I could see how it would work.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:55 pm

Post by Glork »

Are you saying you believe inHim's claim, Thok?

Not gonna lie, I have no idea how to respond to PJ. I've interpreted Ibby's and PJ's play the way I did, and I'd still give strong odds that PJ is scum. I do, however, feel quite backwards right now. I'd really like to hammer inHim, as I do think he's scum. But I also know that if he dies as scum, I've pretty much sealed my fate.

One thing, PJ. I've never heard of a "Janitor" role before. Could you point me to a post/game/wiki entry that further describes the role? The way I'm reading it right now, having a Janitor is potentially broken, unless it's a one-use ability. Because otherwise, if I were scum and I had that role, I'd pretty much be going "Janitor X, Kill X" every night to get everybody thinking that Gorillas are town and that Space Monkeys are actually scum.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:59 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

Flavor? Meh. Roleblocking in this game is through sabotage. Mechanics repair stuff. Sabotage + Repair = Unroleblocked

I know the odds of targeting the same person as a roleblocker aren't all that likely, but I've never played with a role quite like this, so having nothing solid to compare against I just took the course of action least likely to do the most damage, being no choice on Night 1. I kind of wisened up to my role though on Night 2, and rolled randomly among the people I was not actively suspecting.

What about that quote you've made, PJ, is making the birdwagon look bad? I was directing my comment at the MBLwagon. But maybe that's your point, and I'm just not getting your argument.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:06 pm

Post by Thok »

Glork, I find inHim's claim reasonable enough; I already have reasons to distrust his wagon, as two people I've voted for are on it, and like four of the other people on it are bandwagonning just to bandwagon.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:07 pm

Post by Glork »

I am so very tempted to hammer right now.

But I want to hear PJ's response first.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:09 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Glork wrote:One thing, PJ. I've never heard of a "Janitor" role before. Could you point me to a post/game/wiki entry that further describes the role? The way I'm reading it right now, having a Janitor is potentially broken, unless it's a one-use ability.
Because otherwise, if I were scum and I had that role, I'd pretty much be going "Janitor X, Kill X" every night to get everybody thinking that Gorillas are town and that Space Monkeys are actually scum.
No, I cannot link you to a finished game with a "Janitor" role. I have seen it twice on a forum I used to play on, but the purpose of that site is not to play mafia games, so after a few months of not being posted in when finished, the games disappear entirely. I don't entirely remember whether or not it was one-shot or multiple-shot, although I would certainly hope it was one-shot. The possibility just occured to me while I was writing up the post that we could potentially be dealing with a similar role, so I thought it was worth mentioning.

However, the second half of your comment there disturbs me greatly, seeing as:
Mr Stoofer wrote:You must defeat the brutal Gorillas. The SS Simian must not fall into their hands. The safety of the Galaxy depends on you!
There is simply no way the town would think that "Gorillas are town" and "Monkeys are scum". I'm pretty sure people know their own roles. Monkeys know they are town, and no amount of dead gorillas would get me to think otherwise. If there were constant gorilla deaths, I would be worrying about a set-up with a
lot
of scum, or as I mentioned, the possibility of a janitor-type role.

PPE:
InHim wrote:What about that quote you've made, PJ, is making the birdwagon look bad? I was directing my comment at the MBLwagon. But maybe that's your point, and I'm just not getting your argument.
Exactly my point. It may be that you were trying to keep people on the MBLwagon (and thus off the Bird1111 wagon).
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:15 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

Of course I was trying to keep people on the MBLwagon... I made it pretty clear it was he I wanted lynched!
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

:

Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:16 pm

Post by Glork »

inHim, could you explain why you took no action on Night 1?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:24 pm

Post by Glork »

petroleumjelly wrote:No, I cannot link you to a finished game with a "Janitor" role. I have seen it twice on a forum I used to play on, but the purpose of that site is not to play mafia games, so after a few months of not being posted in when finished, the games disappear entirely. I don't entirely remember whether or not it was one-shot or multiple-shot, although I would certainly hope it was one-shot. The possibility just occured to me while I was writing up the post that we could potentially be dealing with a similar role, so I thought it was worth mentioning.
However, the second half of your comment there disturbs me greatly, seeing as:
PJ wrote:
Mr Stoofer wrote:You must defeat the brutal Gorillas. The SS Simian must not fall into their hands. The safety of the Galaxy depends on you!
There is simply no way the town would think that "Gorillas are town" and "Monkeys are scum". I'm pretty sure people know their own roles. Monkeys know they are town, and no amount of dead gorillas would get me to think otherwise. If there were constant gorilla deaths, I would be worrying about a set-up with a
lot
of scum, or as I mentioned, the possibility of a janitor-type role.
Yeah, see, I still don't see a multi-use janitor role working out. Maybe I'm making a moot point anyway, since Speedy was killed as a Space Monkey Doctor, as opposed to a Gorilla (Doctor?) on Night One. Or maybe the Janitor got roleblocked. Or maybe somebody else (SK?) killed Speedy and the Gorilla kill got nullified somehow.

Oh, that reminds me. I will note, PJ, that your "multiple scum groups" theory, so far, isn't supported by the number of nightkills. One Space Monkey N1. One Gorilla N2. And a/the Doctor is already gone. Granted, there may be another one (or a backup) out there somewhere, but I'd rather put my money on fewer killing roles than something as absurd as the protection accuracy of Norse Myth Mafia.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:31 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Well, it is technically "possible" for scum groups to alternate kills (although the only time I remember this suggestion being made at the moment was from ralph merridewscum in Monopoly Mafia at Grey Labyrinth, so I doubt this is the case). It is also possible that kills have been blocked/doctored/redirected/run-up-against-unnightkillability/foregone for various reasons.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:32 pm

Post by Glork »

Possible, though not terribly likely at this point.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:33 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

I would say it was mostly my unfamiliarity with the consequences of using my power along with my paranoia of possibly unblocking a killer prompted me to not do anything on Night 1. As I mentioned, I think I know now how I can handle my role to use it for the best.
Show

:

petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:37 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Well, if you think a Vig killed MBL, you still have to believe that the scum group(s) have missed
at least
one night-kill. As it is, one person dying on Night Two and turning up scum is already terribly unlikely, so
something
strange must have happened.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:39 pm

Post by Thok »

unvote Zindaras, vote PJ

If Zindaras's set up speculation causes me concerns, PJ's speculation makes me go ZOMG SCUMMY SCUM SCUM.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:41 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Yeah, you're right Thok. Thinking about games and tossing out possibilities is scummy.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:44 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

@ Thok: Any particular reason it took you four posts to point out I was trying to determine the nature of the scum-groups in Post 405?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”