LyingBrian
Does not play well with others
LyingBrian

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:54 pm

Post by LyingBrian »

@germy

how would i untechnically answer your question? were you expecting a positive answer, or for me to expound on why i was voting for you, or something else?

i'll
unvote: germy
for now...

[sidenote]
it makes it difficult to play this game when only 2 people are playing... i'm not sure if everybody else is waiting for the 2 who haven't checked in to do so, or what, but it's been 24 hours since everybody checked back in, and besides germy & myself, only Lucresia has bothered to post again, and that was not helpful... meh, maybe it's the weekend (i can only hope)
[/sidenote]

FOS: everyone
sprontalic
sprontalic
Goon
sprontalic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:28 pm

Post by sprontalic »

You know I was hoping for a nice long exchange between you and germy...but your sudden backing down makes me believe that your vote on him before was really just an attempt at distancing.

FOS: Germy + LyingBrian
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < )
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:21 am

Post by ShadowLurker »

LyingBrian wrote:
FOS: everyone
FoS: LyingBrian
right back.

FoS: Lucresia
too.
:sadtorch Ken Hoang, A.D/Fuzzie, Cameron Ferris, Taj Johnson-George, Annie Duke, Patti Blagojevich, Maria/Tiffany :sadtorch
:torch Tammy/Victor, Dan/Jordan
Cadre
Cadre
Goon
Cadre
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:27 am

Post by Cadre »

Well I'm not posting cause I don't have anything useful to say. Next time I have something worth saying I'll say it, until then I'm just gonna bite my tongue...
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:33 am

Post by Nai »

I'm in the same boat as Cadre, here. There's not much going on, so there's not much for me to say, really. This recent exchange between Lying Brian and Germy seems a bit off, but nothing I can put my finger on.
germy
germy
Goon
germy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:21 pm

Post by germy »

LyingBrian wrote:how would i untechnically answer your question? were you expecting a positive answer, or for me to expound on why i was voting for you, or something else?
Dear Gods,
yes!
. <insert expletive here> I like to play a game of mafia in which things are
discussed
and reasoning for votes and actions are
explained

Scum do not like to explain their actions because their actions are inherently 1) anti-town, and 2) can easily lead to contradictions. So I like to hear explanations.

So, why did you vote for me?

Ugh.
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
LyingBrian

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:08 pm

Post by LyingBrian »

all you had to do was ask, although since i asked a multiple answer question, i'm not sure which part you answered
yes!
to... :?

the reason i voted you was to generate discussion & see how you would react to my voting for you w/o giving you a reason... since i didn't find your response scummy & my vote didn't spark conversation since the site went down, i unvoted you... i like to play a game of mafia where i keep a few cards up my sleeves, b/c i am suspicious of everybody, especially on D1 when we have no information besides player's votes & posts (or lack thereof)... speaking of which, i think it's time for a post count
[mrow]Name[col]# of Posts[col]% of Posts[col]Last Post # Nai [col]14 [col]16% [col]104 ShadowLurker [col]13 [col]15% [col]102 Thestatusquo [col]12 [col]13% [col]87 LyingBrian [col]9 [col]10% [col]106 germy [col]8 [col]9% [col]105 Cadre [col]7 [col]8% [col]103 chamber [col]7 [col]8% [col]88 Lucresia [col]7 [col]8% [col]96 sprontalic [col]5 [col]6% [col]101 friday-13th [col]3 [col]3% [col]92 KingPin [col]2 [col]2% [col]74

vote: KingPin
for lurking & to apply pressure(happy? :P)
HOS: Rastapopolous
for not posting yet... :evil:

and also,
mod
, can we get a vote count? with that last vote i think it should look something like this...
[mrow]Votee Name[col]# of Votes[col]Voters Names KingPin [col]3 [col]LyingBrian Nai ShadowLurker Shadow Lurker [col]3 [col]Cadre friday-13th Lucresia Cadre [col]2 [col]sprontalic Thestatusquo LyingBrian [col]1 [col]chamber NOT VOTING [col]3 [col]germy KingPin Rastapopolous
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:06 pm

Post by ShadowLurker »

yay im tied with nai now
:sadtorch Ken Hoang, A.D/Fuzzie, Cameron Ferris, Taj Johnson-George, Annie Duke, Patti Blagojevich, Maria/Tiffany :sadtorch
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:52 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

Vote count

3 - Shadowlurker (friday-13th, Cadre, Lucresia)
3 - Kingpin (Nai, Shadowlurker, LyingBrian)
2 - Cadre (sprontalic, Thestatusquo)
1 - LyingBrian (chamber)

not voting: KingPin, Rastapopolous, germy

With 12 alive it is 7 to lynch!

It being the weekend, I don't want to be premature with seeking replacements. I will make any decisions by Wednesdayish though.
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:53 pm

Post by ShadowLurker »

Kelly Chen wrote:
Vote count

3 - Shadowlurker (friday-13th, Cadre, Lucresia)
3 - Kingpin (Nai, Shadowlurker, LyingBrian)
1 - LyingBrian (chamber)

not voting: KingPin, Rastapopolous, germy

It being the weekend, I don't want to be premature with seeking replacements. I will make any decisions by Wednesdayish though.
watch out kelly, im catching up to u in posts
sprontalic
sprontalic
Goon
sprontalic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:35 am

Post by sprontalic »

Cadre wrote:Well I'm not posting cause I don't have anything useful to say. Next time I have something worth saying I'll say it, until then I'm just gonna bite my tongue...
Well for starters you can pitch your "early gut feelings" to post 76 (or whichever one was my post).
Cadre
Cadre
Goon
Cadre
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:19 am

Post by Cadre »

No scum vibes from it, but you make good points. I'll be more specific later, I'm running on 4 hours of sleep and can't think straight.

Sorry...
Rastapopolous
Rastapopolous
Townie
Rastapopolous
Townie
Townie

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:01 am

Post by Rastapopolous »

Hi I'm here :) will get back on an catch on tomorrow
KingPin
KingPin
Goon
KingPin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:39 am

Post by KingPin »

I am back, Sorry about the absence. It seems that this board came to life sometime after we received 2 inches of ice and 17 inches of snow that knocked out communications to this little community in which I live. I'll re-examine the events that have occurred and respond shortly.

KingPin, again, sorry for the absence.
KingPin
KingPin
Goon
KingPin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:13 am

Post by KingPin »

LyingBrian wrote:@KingPin

again you bring up suspicions about ShadowLurker and fail to vote for him?!? it has the feeling of you trying to distance yourself away from him by casting suspicion, but still not putting him in any danger by actually voting for him...
For a response, I will vote when I am ready and am satisfied that it is the correct move. Shadowlurker, did state that he would take the game more seriously in the future. I don't know if intentionally acting suspicious on D-1 to generate discussion is something that he does on a regular basis. I'll check on that.

I agree with Germy, discussion is needed and if the only thing that is available is strategy, at this moment, then I am all for it.
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
LyingBrian

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:29 am

Post by LyingBrian »

well since it looks like everybody is still catching up, there's not really anything to say right now... still satisfied w/ my vote on KingPin as the ice storm excuse doesn't explain why he was lurking in the 1st part of D1...

@Rastapopolous

where have you been? why are you only making your 1st post now?

FOS: ShadowLurker
making posts that spam the thread & contribute nothing is not helpful...
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:59 am

Post by ShadowLurker »

LyingBrian wrote:
FOS: ShadowLurker
making posts that spam the thread & contribute nothing is not helpful...
not helpful =/= scum

FoS: LyingBrian
right back. That's two FoSes you've gotten now on the same page.
KingPin wrote:For a response, I will vote when I am ready and am satisfied that it is the correct move. Shadowlurker, did state that he would take the game more seriously in the future. I don't know if intentionally acting suspicious on D-1 to generate discussion is something that he does on a regular basis. I'll check on that.
Why does it matter? Are you that confident and pursuiant of this point that if I didn't, you would think that I was guilty? Why advantage does a scum have in doing this? And have fun checking, because I do do this.
KingPin
KingPin
Goon
KingPin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:09 am

Post by KingPin »

Shadow:
If your antics were designed to spark discussion then I wouldn't have too much of a problem with it. The problem starts when I don’t trust that you are pro-town. With nothing really happening on D-1 and your antics drawing attention to them, your play could be construed, IMO, as an attempt to play the "What advantage does a scum have in doing this" card. True, that scum would be silly for employing this tactic; however, this is easily defended, as you just noted, by implying that scum surely wouldn't act in a way to draw attention to themselves. I have never been in a game with you, so I do not know your playing style or habits.

Now, enter the conundrum that you've employed 1) sneaky scum or 2) dumb townie. Which is it? I don't know, but I will say that it made me suspicious of you.

By looking through other games that you've participated in where you have acted this silly in the beginning and comparing that with the type of role that you ultimately had is a good indicator of how you play. I presume that you have thought of this and have acted similarly in all games. However, with the "search" feature currently disabled, it is difficult to research.

Am I confident? Yes, I have found that most players employ a similar style of play no matter what the role. However, if a player does not play similarly then they normally follow patterns that are easily deciphered. If that play is revealed to mean that by playing the role similarly in previous games where they were scum, I would think that they were playing like scum in the instant case. Would I be persuaded to vote based on just that? Probably not. But I would note it with an FOS and wait for further confirmation in the instant game.

One other thing that made me suspicious is the way you've responded to my criticism of your play. I've noticed that you have been very defensive and vulgar in your responses to my criticism.
Shadowlurker wrote:It was the random vote stage, calm the fuck down.
Again, this is something that, by itself, wouldn't mean very much, but in this case, with all other things being considered it is something. Now I am not sure about your flippant play or your errant antics to generate discussion but by now I am confident that this is the correct play.

Vote: Shadowlurker
sprontalic
sprontalic
Goon
sprontalic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:57 pm

Post by sprontalic »

KingPin wrote:I've noticed that you have been very defensive and vulgar in your responses to my criticism.
That's just the way he plays. I'm pretty sure we killed him in another game (which shalln't be named since it's still going) for that and he was town.
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:28 pm

Post by ShadowLurker »

KingPin wrote:Shadow:
If your antics were designed to spark discussion then I wouldn't have too much of a problem with it. The problem starts when I don’t trust that you are pro-town. With nothing really happening on D-1 and your antics drawing attention to them, your play could be construed, IMO, as an attempt to play the "What advantage does a scum have in doing this" card. True, that scum would be silly for employing this tactic; however, this is easily defended, as you just noted, by implying that scum surely wouldn't act in a way to draw attention to themselves. I have never been in a game with you, so I do not know your playing style or habits.
Why is that argument pulled? Because it is valid, you still have not pointed out ANY advantage scum would have for doing that meaning that what you have said, can't be a scumtell and can't be a case against me.
KingPin wrote:Now, enter the conundrum that you've employed 1) sneaky scum or 2) dumb townie. Which is it? I don't know, but I will say that it made me suspicious of you.
Where has any conundrum like that been created?
KingPin wrote:By looking through other games that you've participated in where you have acted this silly in the beginning and comparing that with the type of role that you ultimately had is a good indicator of how you play. I presume that you have thought of this and have acted similarly in all games. However, with the "search" feature currently disabled, it is difficult to research.
So you cannot check whether I do this in other games, yet you still decide to vote me which basically means you're assuming that I have. I have even pointed out where I have done this in this thread itself (Leper Mafia) and you seem to be completely ignoring that fact. Skimming, much?
KingPin wrote:Am I confident? Yes, I have found that most players employ a similar style of play no matter what the role. However, if a player does not play similarly then they normally follow patterns that are easily deciphered. If that play is revealed to mean that by playing the role similarly in previous games where they were scum, I would think that they were playing like scum in the instant case. Would I be persuaded to vote based on just that? Probably not. But I would note it with an FOS and wait for further confirmation in the instant game.
I would like to see your reasoning over why scum is more likely than a town player to employ that behavior Day 1, until I see that, I cannot see any case against me.
KingPin wrote:One other thing that made me suspicious is the way you've responded to my criticism of your play. I've noticed that you have been very defensive and vulgar in your responses to my criticism.
Shadowlurker wrote:It was the random vote stage, calm the fuck down.
Again, this is something that, by itself, wouldn't mean very much, but in this case, with all other things being considered it is something. Now I am not sure about your flippant play or your errant antics to generate discussion but by now I am confident that this is the correct play.

Vote: Shadowlurker
Oh
[]
, you caught me saying naughty words like fuck.

I still do not
[]
see what you mean by "all other things" which I
[]
asked you for already and you still have not provided. You just ignored that, and used that
[]
generality one more
[]
time.

You say you are not sure about my antics to generate discussion but you are confident this is the correct play? HELLO, that is the entire case you have against me is based on that behavior so how can you be sure that this is the correct play if you are not sure on that fact?
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
LyingBrian

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:25 pm

Post by LyingBrian »

- Post #116
ShadowLurker wrote:not helpful =/= scum
actually not being helpful is equivalant to scum, at least in my book...

whether or not you act suspicious in every game is unnecessary to ask IMO... if you act suspicious (whether you act that way every game or not), then you should be prepared to be suspected... using the "i do this every game" defense is WIFOM, and so is asking
What
advantage does a scum have in doing this?
words in
italics
are corrections

- Post#117
KingPin says in 3 paragraphs what i basically said above... the only problem i have is
KingPin wrote:Now, enter the conundrum that you've employed 1) sneaky scum or 2) dumb townie.
i don't believe ShadowLurker is playing as either, i believe he's playing as he normally does, the problem is how he normally plays is suspicious

P.S. I know you don't need my blessing, but thank-you, KingPin, for finally putting your vote where your mouth is...

- Post#118
since i didn't play the game i can't speak for that instance, but if he played that game the same way he is playing this one, i can understand.

- Post#119
ShadowLurker wrote:Why is that argument pulled? Because it is valid, you still have not pointed out ANY advantage scum would have for doing that meaning that what you have said, can't be a scumtell and can't be a case against me.
it is NOT a valid argument b/c it is WIFOM, see above
ShadowLurker wrote:Oh shit, you caught me saying naughty words like fuck.

I still do not fucking see what you mean by "all other things" which I fucking asked you for already and you still have not provided. You just ignored that, and used that fucking generality one more fucking time.
i see absolutely no reason for profanity... yes you can argue free speech & whatever, but what i know is that most mods won't condone it... while KellyChen may or may not i don't know, but as a player in this game i for one would appreciate it if you abstained from such language in the future... find different words to make your point, it can actually make it stronger...

unvote: KingPin

vote: ShadowLurker

P.S. and don't bother
FOS
ing me again... if you really feel i'm suspicious then vote for me, or if you want to provide an actual reason besides retaliation why you are FOSing me, then feel free to do so...
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:32 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

Vote count

5 - Shadowlurker (friday-13th, Cadre, Lucresia, KingPin, LyingBrian)
2 - Kingpin (Nai, Shadowlurker)
1 - LyingBrian (chamber)

not voting: Rastapopolous, germy

The holiday recess is approaching.
As you all insist on staying with your families during this period, you must come to any expulsion decision prior to Monday,
Christmas
. Midnight my time is 9.5 hours earlier than this post, though I may get on later. Any voting activity prior to my locking the thread will be counted.

If no option attains a majority prior to this time, no one will be expelled.

Players should post at least twice a week.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:08 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

ote: Lying brian
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:08 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

or
vote: lying brian
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:16 pm

Post by ShadowLurker »

LyingBrian wrote:- Post #116
ShadowLurker wrote:not helpful =/= scum
actually not being helpful is equivalant to scum, at least in my book...

whether or not you act suspicious in every game is unnecessary to ask IMO... if you act suspicious (whether you act that way every game or not), then you should be prepared to be suspected... using the "i do this every game" defense is WIFOM, and so is asking
What
advantage does a scum have in doing this?
words in
italics
are corrections

- Post#117
KingPin says in 3 paragraphs what i basically said above... the only problem i have is
KingPin wrote:Now, enter the conundrum that you've employed 1) sneaky scum or 2) dumb townie.
i don't believe ShadowLurker is playing as either, i believe he's playing as he normally does, the problem is how he normally plays is suspicious

P.S. I know you don't need my blessing, but thank-you, KingPin, for finally putting your vote where your mouth is...

- Post#118
since i didn't play the game i can't speak for that instance, but if he played that game the same way he is playing this one, i can understand.

- Post#119
ShadowLurker wrote:Why is that argument pulled? Because it is valid, you still have not pointed out ANY advantage scum would have for doing that meaning that what you have said, can't be a scumtell and can't be a case against me.
it is NOT a valid argument b/c it is WIFOM, see above
ShadowLurker wrote:Oh shit, you caught me saying naughty words like fuck.

I still do not fucking see what you mean by "all other things" which I fucking asked you for already and you still have not provided. You just ignored that, and used that fucking generality one more fucking time.
i see absolutely no reason for profanity... yes you can argue free speech & whatever, but what i know is that most mods won't condone it... while KellyChen may or may not i don't know, but as a player in this game i for one would appreciate it if you abstained from such language in the future... find different words to make your point, it can actually make it stronger...

unvote: KingPin

vote: ShadowLurker

P.S. and don't bother
FOS
ing me again... if you really feel i'm suspicious then vote for me, or if you want to provide an actual reason besides retaliation why you are FOSing me, then feel free to do so...
Learn the
[]
definition of WIFOM, how the hell is doing something which scum has NO ADVANTAGE in doing and can possibly make the scum fall under suspicion vs. not doing it WIFOM at all? It is not equal probability, so learn the definition of WIFOM, and don't build an entire
[]
case on it.

[]

Mod-edited. I do want this game to be suitable reading for my mother.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”