Dante's Game - All votes in - who took top prize?

ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:17 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

1. Thomas the Tank Engine asked "What is the most lazy thing you have ever done?"

When the chance came a couple of years ago, I couldn't be bothered to sign up to take part in the International Award for Young People. It's a worldwide youth programme for developing new skills and encouraging initiative, and I've regretted for a while not doing it. It would have been a great thing to put on my CV, and a great laugh as well.

2. Percy the Small Engine asked "How willing are you to forgive someone not being able to do a task in a group which was essential to the group, if he has good reason to not have done the task?"

As long as I knew in advance and could find someone else to do the task, I would happily forgive him. However, if he signed up for the group with the knowledge that he wouldn't be able to do his task, then I wouldn't easily forgive him, as he should have let us find someone who could do it.

3. Edward the Blue Engine asked "Which types of governments could withstand a lazy leader/parliament for 50 years straight and how?"

A true Communist government, because if let's say by some miracle the Marx theory actually develops to the point where everyone shares and takes only what they need, then you don't need a government to step in to resolve anything, really. In fact, by that point, the government would probably have disappeared. Other than that, I don't see it being feasible. If a democracy, they would get voted out, and if a dictatorship, someone would have forced them out.

4. Gordon the Big Engine asked "What is the most effective way to get over being lazy?"

This is the best question of the lot, I think.

I'm not sure. I'm still looking for a way. Perhaps the best way would be to really enjoy something that you decided to do in a moment of non-laziness, so that you realise that being lazy stops you doing those things. However, I'm not sure that laziness can be 'cured', per se. That part of you will always be there, even if you convince yourself to take your opportunities, and there would therefore be smaller things that you'd be lazy about.
#greenshirtthursdays
bethelmark
bethelmark
Goon
bethelmark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:01 pm

Post by bethelmark »

1. Thomas the Tank Engine asked "What is the most lazy thing you have ever done?"

Probably waiting to start work on my project for French class the night before it was do, when I had a month beforehand to work on it. (I stayed up until 3:30 AM, if you care)

2. Percy the Small Engine asked "How willing are you to forgive someone not being able to do a task in a group which was essential to the group, if he has good reason to not have done the task?"

Depends on the reason. If it's something that's more important than the task, or if it's an emergency, I'm willing to forgive them. However, if it's just because of laziness or not caring, I'm not too forgiving.

3. Edward the Blue Engine asked "Which types of governments could withstand a lazy leader/parliament for 50 years straight and how?"

I don't think any government we've seen could withstand a lazy leader. Political situations change constantly, and all forms of government virtually require that a leader adapt to new situations. I don't think governments could withstand a lazy leader for 5 years, let alone 50.

4. Gordon the Big Engine asked "What is the most effective way to get over being lazy?"

I think laziness is something people have inside of them, so to get over being lazy, you have to change your character. Incentives could work, but I think that you need to be truly committed to getting over being lazy, then just buckle down and work hard.
Sailor Jerry
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:41 am

Post by Sailor Jerry »

This answer.

If someone is unable to do a task, it's not their fault. The blame lies on those who appointed the unable person to do the essential task. If someone is unwilling to perform a task, then that's a heinous crime. I don't think I'd look so fondly upon that. Coincidentally, being unwilling to do the task has something to do with sloth... being unable - not so much...

I think the States could do with some of that right now. Jimmy Carter - laid back... not much happened... economy grew! Bill Clinton... not much happened... economy grew! George W. Bush... very proactive... attacks everything in sight... economy slumps to BAD levels... Laziness would have been better. At least better than proactive stupidity.

Stop smoking cannabis. Start taking cocaine!

[/quote]
M4yhem - "IH loves donking his splourney in public places. He likes it most when little old ladies and school children are nearby, because then he also show off his crot."
Pata
Pata
Ninja
Pata
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:02 am

Post by Pata »

Questions:

I'd say not going outside for about 3 weeks during summer hollidays to sleep and play with computer more...

It depends on if the thing succeeded anyway? If it succeeded then i forgive them really easy, if not, then i need to see the excuse. And if it is really good i would forgive anyway.

I'd say anarchy due to not having parliament getting together because it probably doesn't exist.

Telling someone to watch you and if you get lazy, smack you a little.
mikehart
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
Dourgrim Jr.

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:28 am

Post by mikehart »

I would have to say that the laziest thing I've ever done was to install a miniature refridgerator up in my room so I don't have to go down stairs to get drinks or snacks when I'm gaming or here on scum.

This would depend. If the person was not capable to do the task I would forgive immediately. If the person ws just plain lazy and didn't want to do it I wouldn't be as forgiving. However if the person has a valid excuse/reason not to have done the task I would forgive immediately.

True Communism. In true communism there is no need for a leader. The citizens are constantly working for the greater good of everyone. Note however that I said "true" communism. True communism is not possible as far as we know. It requires no greed on the part of all citizens and thats not possible for humans. There is no feasible government that can withstand 50 years of lazy leaders.

This would depend upon the person. The most effective way is for a person to change on a subconscience/personalty level. However for the average human that isn't easy at all so the best way would be to deny yourself a particular pleasure until you do what you need to do. For instance I won't allow myself a cigarette in the morning until I clean up my room and vacuum.
V/LA every weekend for awhile.

I officially owe Maruchan.
MySnorlaxIsMighty
MySnorlaxIsMighty
Watcher
MySnorlaxIsMighty
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:48 am

Post by MySnorlaxIsMighty »

Currently I am on my longest no-shower streak. Two weeks anfour days :). Thats by far the laziest thing, I have done in my 19 year career of laziness.

Good example from today that I think includes this. I worked eight and a half hours straight without a break, pushing shopping carts(12-18 at a time), because my co-worker didn't show up for work. I told my boss:

"I want to punch (name) in the back of the head, really, really, really hard right now."

My answer of sorts, would be that I don't forgive easily. It was the hardest workday of my non-lazy life. Totally beat right now.

A "government" that could withstand 50 years of a lazy leader would be a monarchy. I'm pretty sure it's been done throughout... err ... civilization. Usually a king will delegate his power's down to people. Of course they get killed if they don't do it right, but you know how it is.

Getting a good hard job, because then you have to get over the laziness, or you'll get fired. That or you could take speed... I dunno if drugs is always the best choice though... It usually is.
[url=http://www.last.fm/user/Socko02/?chartstyle=socksalot][img]http://imagegen.last.fm/socksalot/recenttracks/Socko02.gif[/img][/url]
mikehart
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
Dourgrim Jr.

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:10 pm

Post by mikehart »

MySnorlaxIsMighty wrote:

Currently I am on my longest no-shower streak. Two weeks anfour days :). Thats by far the laziest thing, I have done in my 19 year career of laziness.
this is really really gross
V/LA every weekend for awhile.

I officially owe Maruchan.
daftbrain
daftbrain
Townie
daftbrain
Townie
Townie

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:15 pm

Post by daftbrain »

Not easy to pick just one thing. I'd have to say all the proscrastinating I do, especially in the whole of last year which affected my marks quite a bit.

It would obviously depend on the reason and whether the person was capable of performing the task. If the person was capable and the reason is something like laziness, only then would I not forgive.

Governments in which the leader is just a figurehead would survive. Monarchies are a good example of this and some might argue the current president of the United States too. Present day governments with a lazy parliament could howvwer not survive long without revolt.

The most effective method of overcoming laziness depends on the person. In some cases it might take a drastic change in behaviour. Some form of motivation is required for a person to get over being lazy and a lazy person would need to figure out for themselves what ambition or desire they have that is worth the effort of doing.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:14 am

Post by pablito »

I know that all responses aren't in yet, but please send in your rankings regardless. Please include all people in those rankings. I will announce how nominations will go later due to the delay.
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:08 am

Post by pablito »

Still missing one person's rankings. Please send it in regardless.

But the bottom line is that Ernie goes straight to Inferno this week. I felt it was the most reasonable decision.

So we'll start next week already. I just need the people in purgatory to actually respond to their prods and send in their thought-provoking question regarding Wrath.
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:17 am

Post by pablito »

Task #3: Wrath
Deadline for Submissions: 22:00 GMT Tuesday
Deadline for Rankings: 22:00 GMT Thursday

Wrath or Anger, being the fourth deadly sin is described by Dante as being "love of justice perverted to revenge and spite".

Please answer the following questions to the best of your ability by posting your answers in this thread. Once you have posted your answers, you may submit your rankings via PM to me. You will rank-order the 8 other players in Paradise based on how well they answered these questions. There are no ties, and please number 1-7. You must submit your rankings before the deadline. Therefore if you have not seen all submissions, it is in your interest to submit a preliminary set of rankings and note that you might change your rankings later if you have a chance before the final deadline. You may NOT submit your rankings before submitting your answers. Remember that the individuals who fall in ranks #4 and #8 overall will be the two that are nominated this round. If you have questions on this process, ask me.

Players in Purgatory: please watch the thread for the submissions on your questions. I will let you know which two players will be up for eviction. You will then vote on which one of the two you would like to evict via PM. I will give you instructions later. But for now, just sit tight and watch the submissions roll in. Remember, you have the sole decision of deciding. Your votes will be anonymous as well, your votes will be revealed under the name that was used below.

Questions:

1. Larry asked "Are you just as tolerant of people who are angry at the world because something is going on in their life as you expect (hope) them to be when you are angry at the world? If no, why not?"

2. Curly asked "Have you ever had anger so bad that it caused you to do something that you regreted? If so, what was it?"

3. Moe asked "What makes you angry?"

4. Shemp asked "If a family member of yours was murdered by a serial killer, what type of punishment would you push for?"
Sup, later.
Sailor Jerry
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:07 am

Post by Sailor Jerry »

Larry wrote: Are you just as tolerant of people who are angry at the world because something is going on in their life as you expect (hope) them to be when you are angry at the world? If no, why not?
To an extent... but it's not a desirable trait. I think people should try and control the anger at the world. I do, and I expect others to attempt to do the same...
Curly wrote: Have you ever had anger so bad that it caused you to do something that you regreted? If so, what was it?
I take all my retaliatory actions in cold blood. I don't think I've ever regretted a single one of them.
Moe wrote: "What makes you angry?"
Misplaced apostrophes. Make me inhumanly angry. Much more than you would think of an otherwise well-adjusted human being. It's not very hard to get it right! Why are people so stupid?!?
Shemp wrote: "If a family member of yours was murdered by a serial killer, what type of punishment would you push for?"
You don't know my family. If one of them was killed by a serial killer, they probably deserved it.
M4yhem - "IH loves donking his splourney in public places. He likes it most when little old ladies and school children are nearby, because then he also show off his crot."
bethelmark
bethelmark
Goon
bethelmark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:06 pm

Post by bethelmark »

1. Larry asked "Are you just as tolerant of people who are angry at the world because something is going on in their life as you expect (hope) them to be when you are angry at the world? If no, why not?"

I try to be pretty tolerant of people angry at the world, when it's for reasonable means. However, whenever people are angry because of something really stupid or beyond their control, I tend not to be so tolerant.

2. Curly asked "Have you ever had anger so bad that it caused you to do something that you regreted? If so, what was it?"

I've wanted to do stupid things when I'm angry, but I've never acted on them.

I get angry when people are manipulative and two-faced. People that make fun of my friends tend to get me pretty angry as well.

4. Shemp asked "If a family member of yours was murdered by a serial killer, what type of punishment would you push for?"

Nothing short of life imprisonment. Depending on circumstances, the death penalty could be in order, although I don't normally advocate it (it doesn't really solve anything).
MySnorlaxIsMighty
MySnorlaxIsMighty
Watcher
MySnorlaxIsMighty
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:46 pm

I try to be. I have found that some people have a flare for drama, and I hate that. With those types of people all I can say is: Push through yer BS and go on with life. I do it, it shouldn't be a problem for others.

Yes. Multiple times. During my younger days, if I was mad I would take a hockey stick to the back of my bedroom door. On multiple occasions I put the hockey stick through my door. My brother had made me mad. Unsure of why, but it was probably something small and petty.

Too many things.

Depends on my family. If it was my Mother or Father, I would push for torture, accompanied with a long, slow, painful death. Other family members, Life in Prison.
[url=http://www.last.fm/user/Socko02/?chartstyle=socksalot][img]http://imagegen.last.fm/socksalot/recenttracks/Socko02.gif[/img][/url]
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:06 pm

Post by ChannelDelibird »

That depends on how they express their anger. I'm not tolerant of those who deliberately try and make others miserable just because they're angry at everything, but if they're just irritable and keep it under control then I'm prepared to give them some room and try and help them through it.

Nothing major.

Religious lunatics who try to force their beliefs on others.

Life imprisonment. I don't condone the death penalty and I never will.
#greenshirtthursdays
Cloud
Cloud
Townie
Cloud
Townie
Townie

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:46 am

Post by Cloud »

"Are you just as tolerant of people who are angry at the world because something is going on in their life as you expect (hope) them to be when you are angry at the world? If no, why not?"

Well yes, it's understandable for them to be angry if something is going on in their life. I'm tolerant of that. I don't expect them to be tolerant of me though.

"Have you ever had anger so bad that it caused you to do something that you regreted? If so, what was it?"

No I haven't. I've never let my anger reach a point where I did something regrettable. Sure, I smashed my table and bit, perhaps made my fists sore, but nothing major.

"What makes you angry?"

Plenty of things. Most of the time it's people, and the way they act or pretend to act. For one, I really hate stupid people. People with no sense, who don't think about anything, don't consider something before asking someone else.

"If a family member of yours was murdered by a serial killer, what type of punishment would you push for?

Life in prison. But really, you can't truthfully answer this question until something like this has happened to you.
daftbrain
daftbrain
Townie
daftbrain
Townie
Townie

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:26 am

Post by daftbrain »

I try to be as tolerant as I can with any angry person and I wouldn't expect much tolerance from anyone if I was angry and I made it known to them.

I honestly can't say I have.

Very few things. People who abuse kids angers me a great deal.

Solitary confinement in prison for life with no chance of parole. Killing the killer of my family member won't change anything.
Pata
Pata
Ninja
Pata
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:28 am

Post by Pata »

Yes i think so, altrough i don't know anyone who hates the world that much.

Mhhh pretty much, i sometimes destroy things what i shouldn't when i am angry, for example some books. And i later regret it

When someone disturbs me when i'm not that good day.

Death penalty. I kinda support death penalties to mass murderers
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:29 pm

Post by pablito »

If mikehart does not post his answers within the next 12 hours (From the time of this post), he will be DQed plus we'll continue with nominations as normal - which would be #4 and #7 overall. Either way, someone will be voted out by the members of Purgatory. This will be the standard from now on. However, I will be more strict with the answers. No more prodding. If you do not post your answers before the stated deadline, you will be DQed. And this week, only two people got their answers in before the deadline.
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:14 pm

Post by pablito »

The range of rank averages went from 2.50 for #1 overall to 4.67 for #7 overall. A 1.00 to 6.00 would have been unanimous choices. So that means it was a close race for who was nominated. And now in random order...
Sailor Jerry and Cloud have been nominated for eviction.
One of these players was #4 overall and the other was #7 overall. I will not reveal which was which. That's up for you to figure out.

Sailor Jerry and Cloud
: You have one last chance to convince the players in Purgatory that you should stay up in Paradise where you belong. Please post ASAP in this thread your final arguments. Also please PM me a thought-provoking question regarding the deadly sin of GLUTTONY before deadline.

The rest in Paradise: Feel free to talk to each other while you wait. You may do so in thread or via PM.

Those of you in Purgatory:
Please submit via PM your vote to evict either Sailor Jerry or Cloud. In addition to the vote, please explain why you are voting that person out (two word minimum). Your votes and reasons will be revealed anonymously under your given aliases for this week. Shemp was "voted out". Also in preparation for next week, please submit your thought-provoking question for next week regarding the deadly sin of GLUTTONY. These PMs are due by 20:00 GMT Sunday. I will reveal earlier if I receive all of the PMs early.
Sup, later.
Sailor Jerry
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:07 pm

Post by Sailor Jerry »

Every day, more and more, I believe the world has an ironic sense of humor.

Yesterday, in another game, I'm forced to deliberately annoy bird11111. Today, he holds my fate in another game in his hands.

Joy :)
Cloud
Cloud
Townie
Cloud
Townie
Townie

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:49 am

Post by Cloud »

Well, if you evict me, you shall lose the awesomeness that are my thought provoking answers.

*nods*
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:40 am

Post by pablito »

I guess this counts as an eviction.

Larry said "SJ was trying to ally with everyone. He's out."

Curly said "Sailor Jerry, just because"

Moe said "Voting to evict Sailor Jerry because I feel he put less thought into his answers."

With a vote of 3-0, Sailor Jerry has fallen from grace.

Task #4: Gluttony

Deadline for Submissions: 22:00 GMT Tuesday
Deadline for Rankings: 22:00 GMT Thursday

Gluttony, being the first deadly sin is described by Dante as being "unreasonable or unnecessary excess of consumption".

Please answer the following questions to the best of your ability by posting your answers in this thread. Once you have posted your answers, you may submit your rankings via PM to me. You will rank-order the 5 other players in Paradise based on how well they answered these questions. There are no ties, and please number 1-5. You must submit your rankings before the deadline. Therefore if you have not seen all submissions, it is in your interest to submit a preliminary set of rankings and note that you might change your rankings later if you have a chance before the final deadline. You may NOT submit your rankings before submitting your answers. Remember that the individuals who fall in ranks #3 and #6 overall will be the two that are nominated this round. If you have questions on this process, ask me.

Players in Purgatory: please watch the thread for the submissions on your questions. I will let you know which two players will be up for eviction. You will then vote on which one of the two you would like to evict via PM. I will give you instructions later. But for now, just sit tight and watch the submissions roll in. Remember, you have the sole decision of deciding. Your votes will be anonymous as well, your votes will be revealed under the name that was used below.

Questions:

1. Richard Simmons asked "I once drank eight pints of chocolate milk for charity. I was physically sick for much of the evening. Is this worthy of respect or contempt?"

2. Susan Powter asked "Is it better to be bulimic or anorexic? Why?"

3. Billy Blanks asked "Do you tend to eat more than you probably should, less, or about as much as you should?"

4. Robert Atkins asked "Do you ever find yourself tempted to take more than your share when there are limited supplies?"
Sup, later.
MySnorlaxIsMighty
MySnorlaxIsMighty
Watcher
MySnorlaxIsMighty
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:19 pm

1. Richard Simmons asked "I once drank eight pints of chocolate milk for charity. I was physically sick for much of the evening. Is this worthy of respect or contempt?"

Respect. If you are giving yourself to charity, then you earn mucho respecto in my books.

2. Susan Powter asked "Is it better to be bulimic or anorexic? Why?"

To be honest, neither, but if I have to choose, I would think bulemia would be better(that sounds sick). Your atleast eating food and letting some digest and give you nutrients. As far as my knowledge takes me anorexia, means you do not eat. It's obvious that both have very severe drawbacks, but bulemia, would seem to be the healthier of the two.

3. Billy Blanks asked "Do you tend to eat more than you probably should, less, or about as much as you should?"

I tend to eat more than I should. I'm a bigger boy, I need it. I have a physically hard job, I need the strength... seriously guys... why are you giving me that look? Guys you do believe me.... Guys? GUYS!

4. Robert Atkins asked "Do you ever find yourself tempted to take more than your share when there are limited supplies?"

This is hard... I don't remember any dire moments when this question would be applicable. I mean, I drink alot of the juice, when I make out, or i'll eat alot of the ice cream. I suppose that would be "limited" supplies. Really I have no infinite supplies so, how am I supposed to truthfully answer this. I tried my best.
Sailor Jerry
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:33 pm

Post by Sailor Jerry »

MySnorlaxIsMighty wrote:I drink alot of the juice, when I make out,
Yes... Remind me never to make out with you again.

Return to “Social Game Archive”