MICRO 320: THE RETURN OF THE SILKY

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

MICRO 320: THE RETURN OF THE SILKY

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:26 pm

Post by Varsoon »

STARRING:

hayatoBL
InflatablePie
kabooooom
Perpetual Nonsense
cxinlee

THE LIVING:

Everyone's still breathing. For now.

THE DEAD:

No one of importance has died, although many suffer.

GAME EVENTS:

Dark rumblings portent change, but nothing has happened yet.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:26 pm

Post by Varsoon »

GAME RULES

IMPORTANT SETUP VARIANT RULES:

The Cult does not have the power to kill at night.
All night roles are compulsory, one-shot roles.
After Night 1, the game becomes Nightless.
Dead cult members can still use the Cult QT, but can not post in-thread.

GENERAL RULES:

Spoiler:
In order for all players to play at least one game day this game will start with a Day phase.
As a general rule you should aim for one post every 24 hours, minimum, to keep the game moving.
If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 24-hour period please post a notice to that effect in the thread. Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – please don't leave us hanging!
Prods of missing players will be issued after 24 hours of no activity. Also, players may request a prod on another player after 24 hours. Any player who fails to post in-thread within 24 hours of being prodded may be replaced. If the game turns to night before you can respond to your prod, PM me letting me know you still want to play.
No prods will be issued during Night.
A player who is eligible for a third prod is subject to possible replacement without further notice.
You may not quote private Moderator-supplied information (either real or fabricated) of any kind. Paraphrasing (for role claims, etc.) is acceptable.
There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings. If someone contacts you outside the game you should report it to me immeditely.
Site rules dictate that if the game ends on a night when a member is recruited to a cult, that member does not win the game if the cult does. While I'd love to credit both The Silky and his newly recruited partner with the win, I sadly can not. Strive for a win through town, rather than one through recruitment.

DURING THE DAY:

Spoiler:
Each Day will have a two-week deadline. Extensions will be given only in extreme circumstances, but always feel free to ask.
A simple majority of all living players must agree on one person (via voting) for a Lynch to occur (simple majority = ½ # of living players +1, rounded down).
Players may vote for a No-Lynch. If the requirements for a lynch are not met by the deadline of a day phase, the day will end in a No-Lynch.
Once a player has reached a simple majority of votes no further unvoting will change their fate.
Once a player is lynched the game enters twilight until I post a death scene; all players may continue to post.
Once you are dead (either via lynch or night kill) you may no longer post except for a brief “Bah!”-type post that contains NO game related information.
Votes should be bolded or tagged or they may not be counted (e.g.
VOTE: Player
or VOTE: Player).
Vote revocations should be bolded or tagged or they may not be counted (e.g. VOTE: UNVOTE: Player or
Unvote
). Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes.
Votes/Unvotes must be placed on a line all by themselves to make them easier for everyone to see.
Votes/Unvotes that reasonably follow the guidelines specified above, and are unambiguous with respect to player nicknames/abbreviations, will count.
Vote counts will be edited into the first post of each page (so long as I can keep up, yo). Other announcements and requested vote counts will receive their own post.

DURING THE NIGHT:

Spoiler:
Night will have a 48-hour deadline. Extensions will not be given, unless a player has to be replaced during the Night.
If you have a role with a Night action, your choices are due to me by the posted deadline. If I do not receive your choice via PM by the posted deadline you will forfeit your actions.
If you expect not to be here to submit your night action during the night, you may send one in in advance.
Roles with Night actions will not be able to submit an action on Night 0 (i.e. during the confirmation stage).

MISCELLANEOUS:

Spoiler:
Please bold all requests to myself so that they don’t get missed.
Do not use standard MafiaScum purple (#800080). This is my color. All other colors are fine.

No invisible/small/encrypted text is allowed (if you can't read it, don't post it).
You are not allowed to edit your posts, if you have the ability to do so.
If you have an issue/problem with the game, please PM me privately. Do not post issues/complaints in the game thread.
I may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently. Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed. These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
Rules violations will be dealt with according to their severity, up to and including a Modkill, as the Mod sees fit. Modkills may be accompanied by a change to day/night and the offender’s role will be changed to Neutral Survivor, which guarantees a loss.
- Just know, it's all about intention. If you genuinely mess up, I'll try to cut you some slack. If I determine you're trying to compromise the integrity of the game though, you won't be too happy with the punishment.
Any situation not explicitly covered above is subject to my discretion and will be handled as I see fit on a case-by-case basis.
I reserve the right to modify these rules at any time, so long as I inform you in thread.

THE GOLDEN RULE:

Spoiler:
Please remember that this is a game and your main objective is to have fun! Be considerate of each other, don’t get personal, and enjoy the game. Playing to win does not preclude being considerate of each other! Be cool, damn it.

SET-UP:

1 The Silky (Cult One-Shot Recruiter)
4 World's Finest Killers (Town Day 1 Vengeful)

SAMPLE ROLE PMS

Spoiler:
Welcome, [Player Name]. You are a
The Silky
. You are aligned with
The Cult of The Silky
Once upon a time not too long ago, a single man realized that he was the silkiest being in the cosmos. With a smooth gait up the social ladder and criminally velvet voice that won him support worldwide, The Silky heralded a new era. The world powers that stood in the way of his domination were toppled, decieved, and made into his subjects. All that remained was a web of information, power, and deciet, coiling through the world, back to its progenitor--The Silky.
The throne has been vacant and wanting for centuries. The World moved beyond the need for The Silky, and in a violent coup, overthrew his regime. Society was thrust into a thousand years of darkness, anarchy, and social unrest. However, there were still those who clung to faith in The Silky's return. This shadowy cabal has finally brought their ideals to fruition--The Silky has been reborn. It's you. You're the Silky. I'm not even joking right now. I'm one hundred percent. You're the Silky. You're the chosen one. You're gonna bring society together again by putting it on its knees. Really, things would be gravy, but there are those who would see you undone. Four assassins have made it their mission to end your life. The Silky Powers bestowed unto you may be strong enough to sway one of them to do your bidding, but you will need to kill the others or they will end you. So, what are you going to do? Will you fall to the crushing weight of this world and be slain before you can unify it once more under Silky Banners? Or will you make use of your newfound Silkiness to control the masses, crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and make your voice supreme?

Abilities:
The Silky Telepathy (Factional Communication): You can talk to other members of The Cult of The Silky via [quicktopic link]. They can even talk to you if they're dead! Fancy that.
The Silky Voice (One-shot compulsory Cult-Recruitment): On Night 1, you must recruit another player to become a part of The Cult of The Silky. That player's win-condition changes to your own and they gain access to The Silky Telepathy.

Win condition:
You win when all members of the town have been eliminated or nothing can prevent this from occurring.
Welcome, [Player Name], you are a
World's Finest Killer
, aligned with
Town
. Through your entire life, you've been reared to kill your enemies. In the crib, you snuffed out your fraternal twin because they were competition. In school, you shattered noses of students and teachers who did wrong by you. Your brutality was never questioned, and when you matured you were inducted into a hidden society that praised you for all the suffering you caused others. It's a dog-eat-dog world, and you're the biggest dog. You want to keep things this way, with you on top, with you recieving the best that this chaotic world has to offer. There's only two kinds of people--hunters and prey.
Your affiliations have brought your attention to something that threatens your barbaric conquest and revelry; A being has been born with the ability to bring together society once more and rule like in the days of old. This cult and its prophecy-child bring promise of a world where all beings live in harmony, where no single man is above any other save for the one who runs it all. You'll be damned if that person isn't you. You've set out to kill this 'Silky', but there's one catch--so have the other finest killers of this day and age. While they want to see the status quo maintained just as much as you do, they are all just as likely to be the sniveling 'Silky' coward, hiding behind artifice and lies. You will have to work together in order to unviel and strike at the heart of The Silky, for such is his power than no one of you could slay him alone. Penetrate the deciet of The Silky, and save this world from being cowed by policy and words. Only the strongest survive.

Abilities:
The Power to Kill (Day 1 Vengeful): If you are lynched on Day 1, you gain the ability to kill any player of your choice during the night. This kill is compulsory.

Win condition:
You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and at least one town player is left alive.
Last edited by Varsoon on Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:32 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Votecount 1.0

[5] Not Voting
(hayatoBL, InflatablePie, kabooooom, Perpetual Nonsense, cxinlee)

With 5 alive, it takes 3 votes to lynch.
Let me know if you see any problems.
The deadline to submit votes is in (expired on 2014-04-23 21:00:00)
kabooooom
kabooooom
Mafia Scum
kabooooom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:01 pm

Post by kabooooom »

First!!!!!
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do
Pronoun: they / them

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:26 pm

Post by InflatablePie »

the cult recruiter should target me tonight

discuss.
If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know when you're being lied to?

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
Perpetual Nonsense
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:52 pm

Post by Perpetual Nonsense »

I am the worlds finest killer

Hail me!!!

Dance for me.
We of the Collective are of one mind.
There is no Bert. There is no Gaiden.
There is only Us
kabooooom
kabooooom
Mafia Scum
kabooooom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:29 pm

Post by kabooooom »

Perpetual Nonsense wrote:I am the worlds finest killer

Hail me!!!

Dance for me.
In post 4, InflatablePie wrote:the cult recruiter should target me tonight

discuss.
know this, that in this dog-eat-dog world, I m the biggest dog! You both dont tell me what to do! Say it once more and I will brake your nose like I have done to many!

you know what? I m silky! I dare you guys to vote me!
cxinlee
cxinlee
Goon
cxinlee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:04 am

Post by cxinlee »

VOTE: Kabooom

bring it
kabooooom
kabooooom
Mafia Scum
kabooooom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:55 am

Post by kabooooom »

In post 7, cxinlee wrote:VOTE: Kabooom

bring it
my name has 5 o's and you misspelled it! So I guess you were not voting me!
and where is that hayto?

too afraid to show your face to greatest Silky??!!
hayatoBL
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:37 am

Post by hayatoBL »

hayatoBL
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:41 am

Post by hayatoBL »

Varsoon says
I'd love to credit both The Silky and his newly recruited partner with the win, I sadly can not. Strive for a win through town, rather than one through recruitment.
Not this time, eh...

Well, I still can win as Silky if I do this:

VOTE: No Lynch :lol:
hayatoBL
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:44 am

Post by hayatoBL »

PN is also town, which makes either cxinlee or IP the Silky.
Perpetual Nonsense
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:59 am

My voice is really silky!
There is only Us
Perpetual Nonsense
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:59 am

take that TIP
There is only Us
kabooooom
kabooooom
Mafia Scum
kabooooom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:08 pm

Post by kabooooom »

Can town guys please give me a direct or indirect reason/way of why I m not silky??
kabooooom
kabooooom
Mafia Scum
kabooooom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:42 pm

Post by kabooooom »

It was a serious question!! We will most probably get scum within next couple of pages if I get answer of my question.
kabooooom
kabooooom
Mafia Scum
kabooooom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:01 pm

Post by kabooooom »

So mod..i guess now that everyone has abandoned the game, you should declare me the winner.
cxinlee
cxinlee
Goon
cxinlee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:26 am

Post by cxinlee »

UNVOTE:

VOTE: inflatable pie

eh ill explain this later
kabooooom
kabooooom
Mafia Scum
kabooooom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:30 am

Post by kabooooom »

Define later.
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:19 am

Post by InflatablePie »

well since he didn't explain initially, I'd assume later would be the next time he posts especially after you specifically asked him to elaborate
but hey I could be wrong

vote cxinlee

willing to go with hayato's plan. ONE V ONE

hayatoBL
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:30 am

Post by hayatoBL »

@IP

How did you eliminate me and PN from your lynch pool?

I don't think your answer would matter much, though. I don't like how you're willing to have that One v One.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: InflatablePie

I'd say we hang him right now. kaboom or lee. just hammer....

That's L-1 btw
Perpetual Nonsense
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:51 am

VOTE: inflateable pie

The collective has a hammer fetish.
There is only Us
Perpetual Nonsense
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:52 am

Lol. High five.
There is only Us
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:04 am

Post by InflatablePie »

unvote
vote hayato

yawn.

eliminated PN from his own lynch pool based off their one post, then asks me how I came to that conclusion and used that as a stepping stone to his reason for voting me.

also I usually don't rely on meta but since the previous game was only 5 pages of actual content and hayato was kind enough to link it for me, I'm not getting the same vibe from him in this game. you guys should go skim it real quick.

so once he explains how he found PN to be town himself, we can probably lynch it

pedit: oh you dick.

so I wonder who I'm shooting tonight

InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:05 am

Post by InflatablePie »

you know I really don't have a lot of info to shoot with now

I thought we could at least get a *few* pages out of this game =/

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”