Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Mini 408 - EXiLE Mafia, MOD ABANDONED

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:41 am

Post by GreenLiquid »

EXiLE Mafia

On a remote island in the Pacific, twelve strangers met. They had been called there for an important reason, one that carried significance that many could not comprehend. Each person was one who had gained knowledge of a forbidden secret, one so secret that not even I could tell you. Unfairly, the government exiled them in order to ensure that it never be told. The island was under tight lockdown, forcing the detainees to stay there and live off its bounty for their entire lives. The people there were fine with it though, as the island was like living as a king, with all the food they could eat, luxurious homes, and delicious island delicacies every day. The government, however, seemed not to have enough faith in the security lockdown alone…

It was Day 86 (the detainees weren’t given exact dates to avoid coordination of an escape attempt). These men and women congregated into the grand palace that stood on the hill in the center of their island. Called the meeting hall, it was public ground where the people gathered to socialize and eat. This place was huge and magnificent in its design, as fine art and statues flanked marble walkways, leading to a gigantic fountain in the center with a diameter of at least 30 meters. Chandeliers hung, made from the finest gems and crystals, and bands of silver lined the columns that surrounded the great manor.

One of the waiters sped over to one of the tables. A detainee seated there was feasting on a fresh apple and some delicious pasta from the island’s stores. He sniffed the air and caught the wafting scent of ocean breeze and the swaying palms outside. His daydream, however, was interrupted by the waiter standing by him, who looked as if he had just been robbed. The waiter hastily whispered something in the man’s ear, whose expression immediately displayed his intense interest. He stood and tapped the table several times to get everyone’s attention.

At the man’s request, the waiter stood and explained. He had found four submachine guns hidden in an unused well on the island’s southern shore. He had disposed of them, along with all their ammunition, due to the fact that the detainees were forbidden to have firearms. All of the other men mumbled to one another about security and some other things that were of relevance. The waiter held up his hand for silence, and explained that he also learned that three of them were in fact government spies sent to assassinate them all. Everyone began chattering amongst themselves in worried tones.

Suddenly, the lights shut off. A mechanical clank rang through the hall as someone threw the breaker switch. It was then followed by two gunshots. Everyone ducked beneath their tables, holding on to their necks like a hiker clinging to cracking ice on a mountainside, as if it would somehow stop a bullet. A chill swept through the room, and the detainees waited what seemed like an hour, their breath stolen with the speed and fluidity of a pickpocket. With their eyes closed in anxiety, it took several seconds for them to realize when the light had been restored.

The waiter was on the floor, shot twice in the head with pistol rounds. Everyone looked about with dread. One of those twelve had fired those shots. They realized that all their lives were in serious jeopardy and that something would have to be done, and soon, to prevent their eventual elimination for holding the terrible secret. They would need to come up with a method of ferreting out the government agents, and fast, before they all wound up dead.

Folks with
blue
names are eligible to be voted on the current game day.

ALIVE:

Cheesefan
DeanWinchester
RangeroftheNorth
replaces Ghyrt

Jack
JDodge
Maz Medias

Raging Rabbit

Romanus

yellowbounder

DEAD:

Fircoal (Detainee/Townie) Killed Night One
Skruffs (Detainee/Townie) Lynched Day One
The Central Scrutinizer (Detainee/Townie) Killed Night Two
- - -

Nominations Archive

DAY ONE:
Cheesefan, Skruffs, JDodge, Raging Rabbit
DAY TWO:
RangeroftheNorth, Maz Medias, Romanus, Raging Rabbit
Last edited by GreenLiquid on Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:14 am, edited 8 times in total.
Avatar courtesy of Chickadee! | GTKAL
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:48 am

Post by GreenLiquid »

This is the important part.
As I said earlier, there's a unique lynching system. It doesn't derive much from the standard, but there are some things you should know:

The really long rules that outline everything are below. Here's a quick summaray: everyone sends in two different players each night as nominations. These are added to a tally. The two players with the most votes will be eligible to be lynched the following day. Ties will change this, so if there's for example a three way tie for first, then all three will be on the block for the following day. You may be interested in reading the rules below to learn the 'special cases.'

TECHNICAL RULES

1- In order for a lynch to occur, a majority vote, rounding up, must be made against a particular lynch candidate. The second that majority is reached, that person is considered dead and may say nothing more game related. Only players that are nominated (see later) for the day may receive votes. The town cannot vote for No Lynch in this game, so don’t try.
2- Twilight is officially defined as the time after a majority has been reached but before the lynch scene has been posted. This isn’t the Webster’s definition, it’s my definition. But of course my definition is oh so more important.
3- If your role says you can talk with other people, you can, but only with whom it says and only when it says. If the role does not say you can talk with other people, all communication about this game MUST stay in this thread until the game is over. You also may not post any out of thread game-related conversation verbatim.
4- As soon as you are dead (reached majority vote or killed in a night scene or day-kill scene), you are dead. You may post nothing game related (not even a suspicion) beyond this point. You may make one ‘Bah’ post, but it should contain nothing that could potentially alter the outcome of the game.
5- Day deadlines may be imposed upon the town if day has lasted too long, players are inactive, or if the mod finds reason to do so. If a majority is not reached before the deadline hits, the person with the most votes gets lynched. In the event of a tie, one tied player will be chosen at random.
6- Night deadlines are always imposed. You have until this deadline to get in your night choice, if you have one. If you need night to be extended for whatever reason, PM me and I’ll see what I can do.
7- Important: The mod reserves the right to modify these rules or your role at any time without advance warning. This particularly applies if you attempt to find a loophole in your role or post restriction. So don’t try to do that.

NOMINATION RULES

1- In addition to standard night actions, each player MUST select two different people to be voted for nomination the next day.
2- The two players with the most nominations votes will be eligible lynch candidates the next day. If there is a two-way tie for most votes, both tied will be on the block. If there’s a three or more way tie, all tied players are on the block, with an exception which I’ll add later. If there’s a leader, but then players tied for second, the leader and all tied for second players are added to the block.
3- The exception: no more than half of the town can be nominated. If 6 are alive, at max three can be nominated. Ditto for seven. If there’s more than the max people nominated in a tie scenario, nominees out of the tied players will be randomly selected. Only catch: with three alive, two is the maximum.
4- People who are NK’d are disregarded. So if the 2nd place person is killed, then the 1st and 3rd get nominated (or more if there’s ties).
5- If the game enters an unsolvable point (example: the two out of three people left who get nominated are town and the town can do nothing power-role wise to save themselves) then the game immediately ends in favor of scum.
6- At least two players MUST be nominated. No exceptions to this rule.

MOD RULES

1- Bold your votes, bold your unvotes. You do want them to be counted, right? In addition, unvote before revoting. It’ll make my life (and yours) much easier.
2- NEVER ever quote your role, or any part of any PM I send you. Period. You may paraphrase these PMs unless I tell you not to. Failure to heed this rule will result in a modkill. Not kidding here. What, did you think I was?
3- If, during any night, you do not wish to make a night choice, please inform me of this. It’ll make night go faster, so you can all get back to your little wild goose chase funhouse. Remember, though, you still have to nominate no matter what.
4- If you are going to be gone for an extended period of time (72 hours or more), I’d appreciate it if you’d post a notice in the thread. You could post a notice in V/LA, but there’s a chance that I might not notice it and end up replacing you for inactivity or something. Yeah, I’m not omniscient, ok?
5- If you are not actually going to be gone, try to post often. Every day would be ideal, but this is probably not possible for many of you, so just try to do so whenever you have spare time and access to mafiascum. Oversleeping townies are a real pain in the rear, y’know?
6- And of course, please be nice to everyone. That includes me. I may be the mod, but I’m a person too. Of course, a few cuss words here and there are nothing, as long as we’re not directly insulting people with them. That wouldn’t be very nice, would it? no
7- Don’t edit your posts. No, don’t even think about it. YOU HEARD ME! Just because that ‘edit’ button is crying out to you after you just noticed a glaring Freudian Slip in your post does not mean you should listen to Mr. Edit Button and give him a click. NO!
8- Have you ever heard of people talking invisibly? Does that even make sense? Didn’t think so. That means that invisible, super-tiny, and screwy-character text is not allowed.
9- THE MOD IS YOUR SUPREME DESPOT LEADER! OBEY HIM! The mod may have specific instructions based on certain game mechanics and things like that. Although you may not understand their function, they are there for a reason, so obey them. In addition, there are some rules that I cannot actually directly enforce, so I’ll have to use the honors system. Just obey the rules, and we’ll all get along, and I won’t have to strike anyone down. Ok? Ok.
10- And of course, the exceptions rule. There’s an exception to every rule, and these rules are included. Based on certain game mechanics and whatnot, there is a chance that there may be exceptions, additions, or exemptions to these rules. If something I say in thread or by PM conflicts with these rules, whatever I said will most likely be correct. These rules were designed to be uniform to most games I run and as such may not accurately represent all role mechanics, so read what I have to say in thread and in your role PM carefully. Your diligence will be rewarded.
11- HAVE FUN!! This rule is perhaps the most important. Well, scratch that, number 9 is. Yeah.
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:49 am

Post by GreenLiquid »

One last thing of interest to you will be the
Townie
PM:
Detainee – Townie

After gaining knowledge of the terrible secret, you were shipped off to this remote island by the government. Despite the greatness of living in a palace and having nice things, life isn’t so hunky-dory around here. Here’s a hint: it has something to do with government agents trying to kill everybody.

As a TOWNIE, you posses what might be the greatest power of them all: votes! You are blessed with the use of two different kinds of votes: nominations votes, and lynch votes. Each night, you must use your nominations votes on two different people. During the day, you can use your lynch vote to ferret out the nasty government agents. Do well, and maybe everyone won’t die. Yay! You win with the town.
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:51 am

Post by GreenLiquid »

I will begin sending out roles shortly, although there's no guarantees I'll get them all done now. At any rate, please confirm your role when you get it, and send in night choices with your confirm if you wish. Roles that are allowed to talk to each other can do so as well.
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:48 pm

Post by GreenLiquid »

All roles are now out. Please send choices and nomination votes.

Also, a clarification for Nomination Rule 3: This is calculated AFTER nightkills.
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:02 am

Post by GreenLiquid »

I have confirmations from almost everyone, so I'll set a confirmation deadline due in 24hrs. Also, I'll set a deadline for Night Choices and Nominations due in 72hrs.
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:42 am

Post by GreenLiquid »

As the sun rises over the island, its inhabitants fear for the worst. All of them quickly report to the large plaza on the island's eastern side. There, the ballot box is examined. It is determined that
Cheesefan
Skruffs
JDodge
, and
Raging Rabbit
were nominated.

Unfortunately, they find something else in the ballot box:
Fircoal
's severed finger. Reporting back to his villa, they find his body: he had apparently been killed by garrote wire. The town heads back to the plaza, ready to return the favor.

It is Day One!
It will take 6 votes to lynch one of Cheesefan, Skruffs, JDodge, or Raging Rabbit. Fircoal was a
Townie
Last edited by GreenLiquid on Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:51 am

Post by Skruffs »

Hey all.
Vote : Ghyrt

I'm guessing Fircoal's nominations went in, even though he died.. what with his finger being in the ballot box and all. The finger is suspicious. Hopefully it means one of the killers is nominated.
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:55 am

Post by GreenLiquid »

Just noticed an error, swap out 'Ghyrt' with 'Skruffs.' Mixed them up accidentally (coincidentally, the two names I have the most trouble spelling...) Apologies for the error.
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:15 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Morning, everyone!

I'm not sure if I got nominated for being dangerous, loud, stupid or a bunny. Probably just random. Anyway I'm sorta glad I did, in a way, since it makes it day a lot more interesting for me.

This is a rather sucky situation for the town to be in. Only slightly more than a third of the town eligible for a lynch, with the usual day one lack of info to boot. To top it off, we know scum would never nominate each other, so the nominated people actually have a slightly higher chance of being pro town than everyone else. I have no idea how to tackle this, and fear we'll have to resort to a random lynch.

I will say this, though - I'm gonna keep an eye open for any scummy behaviour from our non-nominees, and fully expect all of them to stay active despite not being in danger of a lynch.
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:16 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Also,
Skruffs wrote:Vote : Ghyrt
GreenLiquid wrote:Just noticed an error, swap out 'Ghyrt' with 'Skruffs.
OWNED, BIATCH!
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:25 am

Post by Jack »

Eh, I wouldn't assume scum will never nominate each other. They probably won't but it's a dangerous assumption.

Worth a page 1
Vote:Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:28 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Jack wrote:Eh, I wouldn't assume scum will never nominate each other. They probably won't but it's a dangerous assumption.
What reason could they possibly have to nominate each other? Nominations are secret, and it's not like nominees are ever gonna be confirmed innocents or something.

I'd vote you back on this, unfortunately I can't. :(
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:39 am

Post by Jack »

Raging Rabbit wrote:
Jack wrote:Eh, I wouldn't assume scum will never nominate each other. They probably won't but it's a dangerous assumption.
What reason could they possibly have to nominate each other? Nominations are secret, and it's not like nominees are ever gonna be confirmed innocents or something.
Well, the day 1 nominations aren't based off of any suspicions. So the mafia could indeed ensure that none of the nominated were mafia. If we assume they did this then that would confirm 4 innocents. But it's entirely possible that they nominated one of their own--and you seemed to be pushing the idea that these were confirmed innocent, which makes me suspect that this is the case.
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:51 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Jack wrote:Well, the day 1 nominations aren't based off of any suspicions. So the mafia could indeed ensure that none of the nominated were mafia. If we assume they did this then that would confirm 4 innocents. But it's entirely possible that they nominated one of their own--and you seemed to be pushing the idea that these were confirmed innocent, which makes me suspect that this is the case.
Huh? In a 12 player game, I'd assume a 3 player scum team. So we have 3 peole who'll never nominate each other and 9 others who are completely fair game (with 1 corpse).
That doesn't make the nominees confirmed innocents
, or anything close, and if you'll check back you'll see I never said that. It just gives them a
slightly
higher chance of being pro town compared to the non-nominees, which isn't gonna help them much since one of them's being lynched anyway. Scum have no reason to intentionally put one of their own in such a risk (possibly 50%), so I'm very reasonably assuming they'll never nominate each other. Certainly not on day 1, at least.

I actually think there's very good chance that at least one of nominees happens to be scum, the problem will be finding out which with no real information to go on other than possible investigations and all the nominees being extra careful not to fuck up.

Meaningless FOS: Jack
, for bad logic and misrepresenting my post.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:10 pm

Post by Jack »

meh you sound pretty town

unvote
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:14 pm

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Thanks.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:54 pm

Post by Skruffs »

D:
D:
D:
Unvote ME

D:

I think if the mafia really wanted to avoid being nominated, they would have *All* voted for the same two people, in order to put three votes against them. Everyone else (save maybe for a mason group) would be voting randomly, so, assuming each of the people 'randomly' votes for two other people, the people who already had three would get 1 or 2 more each. It wouldn't have been a four way tie like it is today. With that in mind, I think the mafia voted randomly; maybe they didn't know if who everyone nominated would be made public the next day and didn't want to be seen voting en masse.

With that in mind, I think it's *possible* that a scum has been nominated today, so maybe we shouldn't just speedlynch. >.>

Would there be any point in talking about who nominated who and why?
Fircoal
Fircoal
Goon
Fircoal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:03 pm

Post by Fircoal »

Bah!

I was hoping for a good different time of game, but I already am dead.

BAH!
Fircoal strikes me more like an awful fake claim that gets you lynched in under 25 posts. - Kelly Chen
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:04 pm

Post by Jack »

I nominated cheesfan for being first and Jdodge for starting with a J.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:33 pm

Post by JDodge »

Jack wrote:I nominated cheesfan for being first and Jdodge for starting with a J.
I nominated Raging Rabbit for being alliterative...

As a side note, Hi Maz! I promise I won't be a
total moron
this game!
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:51 pm

Post by Skruffs »

Why would Maz care? <.<
I nommed Cheese and Maz. :P Mostly because I'm scared of them.
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:52 pm

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Skruffs wrote:I think if the mafia really wanted to avoid being nominated, they would have *All* voted for the same two people, in order to put three votes against them. Everyone else (save maybe for a mason group) would be voting randomly, so, assuming each of the people 'randomly' votes for two other people, the people who already had three would get 1 or 2 more each. It wouldn't have been a four way tie like it is today. With that in mind, I think the mafia voted randomly; maybe they didn't know if who everyone nominated would be made public the next day and didn't want to be seen voting en masse.
Good point, didn't think of this.
Skruffs wrote:With that in mind, I think it's *possible* that a scum has been nominated today, so maybe we shouldn't just speedlynch. >.>
Of course it's possible, and of course we shouldn't.
Skruffs wrote:Would there be any point in talking about who nominated who and why?
I would really think not, but just for the record - I nominated TCS and Firecoal because random.org said so.
JDodge wrote:I nominated Raging Rabbit for being alliterative...
How is that bad? Also, are you saying you nominated me
twice
?! Scum!

Meaningless OMGUS vote: JDodge
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:04 pm

Post by JDodge »

Skruffs wrote:Why would Maz care? <.<
Because I was the
worst cop ever
in a newbie game with him.

Tsk, tsk. I didn't nominate only you, RR. I just prefer not to say my other nomination as it is not relevant.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:15 pm

Post by Jack »

JDodge wrote:
Skruffs wrote:Why would Maz care? <.<
Because I was the
worst cop ever
in a newbie game with him.

Tsk, tsk. I didn't nominate only you, RR.
I just prefer not to say my other nomination as it is not relevant.
umm?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”