Mini 409: Amazing Race Mafia! Who won the million dollars?

pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Mini 409: Amazing Race Mafia! Who won the million dollars?

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:44 am

Post by pablito »

Mini 409: Amazing Race Mafia!

Twelve teams will participate in a race around the world for 1 Million Dollars! They will have to overcome hardships, fatigue, tasks and obstacles with limited time and cash to make it to the finish line. Each week, teams must navigate through foreign lands to find specific checkpoints along the way. However, be aware of any unexpected obstacles that may prevent teams from finishing. Each leg of the race culminates in the race to the Pit Stop, where the last team may be eliminated. Some teams will do whatever it takes to make it to the end using dubious means rather than relying on the spirit of friendly competition. Try to weed out these teams first before they try to eliminate you!

In this mafia game, each player will be represented in scenes by a team that has competed in The Amazing Race (USA, Europe, Asia, etc.). This team is chosen by each player and will have no effect on alignment. Each player will be sent a role PM which will include alignment, their game element and flavour text. The game elements may give a player abilities which may be used during night or day. These game elements cannot be traded unless otherwise specified.

During “day”, all the players will race to determine who should arrive at the pit stop last. Then during “night”, they race again and stuff happens. Then, continue to RAAAAAAAAAAAACE!

Disclaimer: Inclusion or Exclusion of certain teams in flavour text is decided mostly by who is easiest to write into the scene, NOT due to game mechanisms. Addendum: Placements and dialogue fall under the same disclaimer, basically. Just overall, don't outguess the mod, and don't read into anything I'm putting into flavour; it's more of a reflection of my current thoughts on the television show than this game.

Game Status: Game over. Please click on the last link to see the final results. Click on the individual links to see the day by day status. Or you can also just show only my posts if you choose to read the game as if it were an actual episode of The Amazing Race.

Players

rajrhcpfreak - Rob/Amber
Fuldu - Kevin/Drew
HackerHuck - Lori/Bolo
Mariyta (r. mole) - Nancy/Emily
The Central Scrutinizer (r. blahgo) - Monica/Sheree
DeanWinchester - Al/Clown Jon
Battle Mage - Flo/Zach
MeMe - Danny/Oswald
Patrick - Colin/Christie
Atticus - Kris/Jon
Phoebus - Charla/Mirna
AndrewS - BJ/Tyler

Night 1/Day 1 breaks
Night 2/Day 2 breaks
Day 2 - game event
Night 3/Day 3 breaks
Day 3 - game event
Day 3 - game event 2
Night 4/Day 4 breaks
Endgame
Roles and night choices
Last edited by pablito on Wed May 23, 2007 3:56 pm, edited 48 times in total.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:46 am

Post by pablito »

Rules (shamelessly stolen from various sources)

• All votes must be in bold.
Vote: Endemol
• Please
Unvote
before casting a new vote. Your old vote will count until you
Unvote
• Lynches will require a simple majority of votes. If the number of players in the game changes for any reason during day, the majority threshold may change and it may “grandfather” an instantaneous lynch even though the existing votes did not previously constitute a majority. Once a player has reached the necessary majority, his pleas are useless and any attempts to unvote will be unheeded. You may
Vote: No Lynch
– majority votes of this kind are necessary to end the day without a lynch. If a deadline has expired, a majority of votes casted will suffice.
• Once a player or no lynch hits a majority, it is Twilight. I will formally post a final vote count when Twilight occurs. If I do not formally post a final vote count, assume that the lynch has not occurred until I say otherwise. Once you are formally eliminated from the race, you may no longer post.
• Once I have locked the thread, it is Night. At this point, if your role allows it, you may talk to people via PM. I will declare the deadline for night-choice submissions when I lock the thread. If you do not declare your night-choice prior to deadline, I will choose it for you or decide that no night choice is made.
• Do not edit/delete any previous submitted posts. Do not use invisible text or color=black.
• Do not quote any PMs from me, people you can talk to at night or anything from outside the game. The game is not to be discussed outside of the thread unless your role specifically states that you may do so.
• Please try to post at least once per day. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period, please post a notice to that effect in the thread. Treat this game as a commitment and be considerate. If the current posting pace consistently falls below one post per player per 48-hours, I will place a deadline. If I deem that the day has gone on far past necessary, a deadline may also be placed.
• I am your mod. Anything I say goes. PM me if you have any questions.

The pro-town win condition is:
You win with the Town when all evil has been eliminated and at least one pro-town player is alive in the Amazing Race.
Please confirm by PM. Once all confirms are in, we will begin with Night.
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:05 am

Post by pablito »

In role PMs there may be references to teams. In the Amazing Race (also known as TAR), players race in teams of two. This is only a flavour reference. This is NOT a two-headed game. For reference: 1 player = 1 team.

When you confirm via PM, please let me know which TAR team you would like to represent you during day and night scenes. If you are unfamiliar with the television show, I can pick a team for you, just let me know that you want me to choose one for you.
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:34 am

Post by pablito »

All confirms are in!

I'll set a
night choice deadline for Sunday 18 February 23:59 GMT
(I'll be using GMT time zone throughout, this is 5 hrs ahead of EST). Coincidentally, I think this is when TARAS will be airing on the East Coast. So it's perfect timing. But if I get all the night choices before then, I'll post results as soon as I can. So get them in ASAP.
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:32 pm

Post by pablito »

This year on the Amazing Race, we've brought back many of your favorite teams :) for a second race around the world! Yes, these teams are so desperate for TV time that they've decided that they are willing to embarrass themselves on national television once again just for the "chance" for a million dollars! Let's see what famewhores have joined us again! From our first season, we have loveable bickering fraternity brothers, Kevin and Drew and we also have the underdog mother and daughter team, Nancy and Emily. My, how Emily has grown up to be a woman! From the second season we have our best friends and best shoppers and best cha-cha-cha-ers, Oswald and Danny. The third season brings us the "we'll pretend we're dating on the show because no one else would want to be around me 24/7 for four weeks straight, but I'm glad I did it for $500,000" former friends Flo and Zach. Now, I'll have to introduce these people from the fourth season clearly because no one really remembers that season at all, despite the catchy stunt-casting that was done. So these funny guys are clowns! And they're good racers! And they're funny! They're named Al and Jon! Look at him! He can balance a chair on his chin! And guess what, these two fine ladies are wives of NFL players! No, really! Monica and Sheree are wives of NFL players! And they want you to know that they are wives! of! NFL! players! And from the fifth season who can forget the girl with a heart taller than she actually is...Charla! (with her whiny cousin Mirna). And Mr. Intense himself Colin with his now-wife and former beauty queen Christie! And who else could deal with such an intense racer than the professional wrestlers from sixth season Lori and Bolo! They drank blood just to stay in the race! And we have the eternally smiling and drama-free couple Kris and Jon! And how could we run the race without CBS' favorite reality television couple ever...Rob and Amber! We saw him in Survivor Marquesas and All-Stars and The Amazing Race 7 and their wedding which we showed on CBS. And we've seen her in Survivor Australia and All-Stars and The Amazing Race 7, etc. etc. etc. And we don't care about mentioning season 8, so we'll go onward to season 9 which featured those ca-raaaaaaaaaay-zee hippies and one of two returning winners, BJ and Tyler!

Disclaimer: Inclusion or Exclusion of certain teams in flavour text is decided mostly by who is easiest to write into the scene, NOT due to game mechanisms.

*opening credits....and BOMP*

…………………and RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE! All teams ran toward their backpacks and the NFL wives arrives first. Monica/Sheree read the first clue.
Sheree wrote:Travel by airplane to the capital city of Tegucigalpa in Honduras! We're going to South America!!!!
[snip]

Zach wrote:Hurry up, Flo, geez! I think we're in last! *rips* "Travel by charter bus to the coastal city of Tela. Buses leave at 7:20, 8:00 and 8:30 am. Only four teams are allowed per bus. Take a ticket from the wall behind you, first come, first serve." Flo, because of you, we're on the last bus. Thanks a lot.
Flo wrote:Zach, just because you can hold your bladder *air quotes* like a man *air quotes*, it doesn't mean women can! I will not squat in a field with the perverts from Honduras staring at me. GAWD!

On the other side of the bus station...

Al wrote:I'm so glad that there are no young hunky guys for Flo to manipulate like last time.
Clown Jon wrote:You don't think my huge biceps are enough to dazzle Flo?
Al wrote:I bet you're glad she's on our bus tomorrow morning, then, eh?
Clown Jon wrote:Oh, just,
pleased
[snip]

? wrote:…and here's twenty dollars. Just make sure you take them around in a few circles before you bring them to the Park. I swear. We're in a race and we need to make sure that they're eliminated, okay?
taxi wrote:Okey. No bring hippies
Five minutes later...

BJ wrote:Whew, there's still our taxi driver, I'm glad he didn't leave. TTOW. Heeeyyyyy, man, traenos al parque nacional Janette Kawas. (bring us to National Park Janette Kawas)
taxi wrote:Adonde?
BJ wrote:National Park Janette Kawas. We're in a race, we need to go fast, rapido, lo mas rapido posible. (fast, as quickly as possible) We'll give you money if you bring us there quickly. Propina grandissima! (huge tip!) TTOW.
taxi wrote:Okey.

Ten minutes later...

BJ wrote:Tyler, where did that man say the park was? West of town, right? Which direction are we going?
Tyler wrote:BJ, he said it was about two minutes westward.
BJ wrote:Senor, we're going the wrong way, National Park Janette Kawas, al otro lado de la ciudad. (the other side of the city) TTOW.
taxi wrote:oooooOkey.
[snip]

At the Pit Stop

…BJ and Tyler. You are……the last team to arrive. I'm sorry, but you've both been eliminated from the race. Tyler, do you regret coming back to the race and being the first team eliminated despite having just won the race recently?
Tyler wrote:I mean, it is what it is. We got unlucky when our taxi driver went the wrong way. We were lucky enough to know our flags when we won the first time, so at least last time we could say our knowledge got us through, but luck won us the game the first time and luck took us out this second time around.
BJ wrote:Yeah, I don't think Tyler and I regret coming back. The first time it was an opportunity of a lifetime, and we were lucky when we were given the second opportunity of a lifetime.

*photo montage of BJ/Tyler running during this and the previous race with emotional music and then fades out...*

AndrewS was the owner of the clue box, thus a vanilla townie

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch!

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!
Last edited by pablito on Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sup, later.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:40 pm

Post by Fuldu »

Charla/Mirna Phoebus? Really?
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:40 pm

Post by Atticus »

Well, who would have somethning against TTOW?

Vote: raj
because Rob and amber have had enough publicity as it is.
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result." - Winston Churchill
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:30 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

Vote: Patrick

I can't stand Colin and Christie!
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:15 am

Post by Patrick »

Vote: MeMe

Never done it before.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
mole
mole
die suck die
mole
die suck die
die suck die

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:36 am

Post by mole »

Note the clue given in the death scene. The killer is a question mark!

Therefore... umm...
Vote: Fuldu
for using some question marks in his post.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:42 am

Post by Battle Mage »

well my team didnt get off to a great start. :P
Ive got a hankering for some
Vote: Patrick
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:48 am

Post by Battle Mage »

good point about the question mark. I think the fact that the teams belonging to DeanWinchester, me and Blahgo are innocent, because our members all spoke aside from the ? guy.
On the other hand, only 1 member of Blahgos team posted, so maybe that is a sign of his guilt rather than innocence?
BM

mole wrote:Note the clue given in the death scene. The killer is a question mark!

Therefore... umm...
Vote: Fuldu
for using some question marks in his post.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:14 am

Post by Fuldu »

Battle Mage wrote:good point about the question mark. I think the fact that the teams belonging to DeanWinchester, me and Blahgo are innocent, because our members all spoke aside from the ? guy.
Oh God, my sarcasm detector isn't sure what to make of this. For any new players who might take this seriously (and for Battle Mage, if he meant this sincerely), starting the day with two or three mod-verified innocents is a sign of a bad game. Because pablito doesn't write bad games and, further, because of this:
pablito wrote:Disclaimer: Inclusion or Exclusion of certain teams in flavour text is decided mostly by who is easiest to write into the scene, NOT due to game mechanisms.
...I don't think we want to assume anything based on presence or absence from the Night Scenes.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:22 am

Post by Battle Mage »

it wasnt mod-verified, but it could well have been a subtle hint. However, the disclaimer does look pretty conclusive :P

Fuldu wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:good point about the question mark. I think the fact that the teams belonging to DeanWinchester, me and Blahgo are innocent, because our members all spoke aside from the ? guy.
Oh God, my sarcasm detector isn't sure what to make of this. For any new players who might take this seriously (and for Battle Mage, if he meant this sincerely), starting the day with two or three mod-verified innocents is a sign of a bad game. Because pablito doesn't write bad games and, further, because of this:
pablito wrote:Disclaimer: Inclusion or Exclusion of certain teams in flavour text is decided mostly by who is easiest to write into the scene, NOT due to game mechanisms.
...I don't think we want to assume anything based on presence or absence from the Night Scenes.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:36 am

Post by MeMe »

vote: Battle Mage

For, like, four reasons.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:52 am

Post by Fuldu »

Agreed, I was trying to get a better read on whether it was a joke before I voted, but that follow-up seems pretty conclusive that he meant it.

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:33 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

care to name the reasons?
:roll:

MeMe wrote:

For, like, four reasons.
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:14 am

Post by Phoebus »

vote: mole

Fuldu:
I told the mod to be assigned anyone but Romber and of course I get assigned the second most annoying team ever! :(
Your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:21 am

Post by Fuldu »

I was really thinking of it as a single reason rather than breaking it down like MeMe, but I'll step up here:

1. Using patently crap logic (not even crap logic, really--crap speculation) to put forward a theory of the game that is likely dangerously skewed, all on the basis of no information whatsoever.

2. Using that theory to clear yourself of suspicion. (This, for me, is the big one that makes this scummy instead of just stupid.)

3. Referencing back to mole's clearly-a-joke-post for support, to make it seem like the crap logic was shared.

4. Hedging your theory of the game, so that if errors are discovered, it can be replaced by a more nuanced, but still fundamentally ludicrous, theory.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:27 am

Post by Fuldu »

Phoebus wrote:
vote: mole

Fuldu:
I told the mod to be assigned anyone but Romber and of course I get assigned the second most annoying team ever! :(
Wait, I thought BJ and Tyler were already dead...

Oh, you mean the
third
most annoying team ever.

Although, in fairness to Charla/Mirna, Flo was far more annoying than Mirna ever was, but Zach/Flo were lifted back up by Zach's positive behaviors, whereas I've never been able to get much beyond indifference to Charla.
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:50 am

Post by Phoebus »

You may be right but I'm not wrong ;)
Your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:04 am

Post by MeMe »

Battle Mage wrote:care to name the reasons?
1. Calling mole's question-mark comment (clearly a joke) a "good point"
2. Convolutedly interpreting the morning scene in order to clear self
3. Despite obviously reading the scene carefully enough to try to use it to your advantage, somehow missing pablito's "pretty conclusive" disclaimer
4. Even if your self-clearance held any water, you carelessly name two others as innocent as well.

Now...don't you feel stupid for using the eye-rolling smiley?
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:05 am

Post by Battle Mage »

no i dont. i made one mistake. Unfortunately for you, i doubt any townies will actually buy that poor scumtell.
Unvote, Vote: Fuldo
, for answering a question on behalf of his scumbuddy. Not only is it scummy, its also VERY impolite.

MeMe wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:care to name the reasons?
1. Calling mole's question-mark comment (clearly a joke) a "good point"
2. Convolutedly interpreting the morning scene in order to clear self
3. Despite obviously reading the scene carefully enough to try to use it to your advantage, somehow missing pablito's "pretty conclusive" disclaimer
4. Even if your self-clearance held any water, you carelessly name two others as innocent as well.

Now...don't you feel stupid for using the eye-rolling smiley?
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:41 am

Post by Patrick »

Feel the OMGUS :)
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:53 am

Post by Fuldu »

Battle Mage wrote:no i dont. i made one mistake. Unfortunately for you, i doubt any townies will actually buy that poor scumtell.
Unvote, Vote: Fuldo, for answering a question on behalf of his scumbuddy. Not only is it scummy, its also VERY impolite.
Yes, because MeMe and I colluded last night on how we were going to try to get a bandwagon started on the basis of a hypothetical post someone might make in response to a Daybreak scene that hadn't yet been written.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”