Ice Mafia Goon

Role PMs

Vanilla Townie
Welcome,
[Player Name]
, you are a
Vanilla Townie

Abilities:

Your weapon is your vote, you have no night actions.

Win condition:

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive.
Town Doctor
Welcome,
[Player Name]
, you are a
Town Doctor

Abilities:

Each night phase, you may protect one player in the game from being nightkilled by PMing the mod. The person you protect cannot die that night.
You are allowed to protect yourself, as long as there are at least two Town-sided players alive that night.

Win condition:

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive.
Fire Mafia Goon
Welcome,
[Player Name]
. You are a
Fire Mafia Goon
, along with your partner,
[Partner Name]

Abilities:

Factional communication: During the night phase of the game, you may talk with your partner here:
[Fire Mafia Private Topic Link]
Factional kill: Each night phase, one of you and your partner may perform the factional kill of one player. This kill fails if you target the same person as either the Ice Mafia team or the Town Doctor. You cannot target one of your own members if both Ice Mafia Goons and the Town Doctor are all dead.

Win condition:

You win when the Ice Mafia team is eliminated and you control 50% of the town, or nothing can prevent this from occurring.

Ice Mafia Goon
Welcome,
[Player Name]
. You are an
Ice Mafia Goon
, along with your partner,
[Partner Name]

Abilities:

Factional communication: During the night phase of the game, you may talk with your partner here:
[Ice Mafia Private Topic Link]
Factional kill: Each night phase, one of you and your partner may perform the factional kill of one player. This kill fails if you target the same person as either the Fire Mafia team or the Town Doctor.

Win condition:

You win when the Fire Mafia team is eliminated and you control 50% of the town, or nothing can prevent this from occurring.
Rules

[01] VOTING METHOD: Votes must be in bold. example:
Vote: LlamaFluff
If you do not bold your vote, it will not be counted. You do not have to
unvote
before casting another vote, but it would be appreciated.

[02] LYNCH: Lynching will require a simple majority of votes. Once a player has reached the necessary majority, any attempts to unvote will be unheeded.

[03] NO LYNCH: You may vote: no lynch – unless it is deadline, majority votes of this kind are necessary to end the day without a death.

[04] DEADLINE: This game will have mandatory deadlines of, at most, 2 weeks. As the game whittles down its living membership deadlines may grow shorter. If I deem it necessary a player being replaced may extend the deadline.

[05] DEADLINE LYNCH RULES: A majority of votes are needed to lynch. If no player has a majority of votes cast against them when the deadline hits there will be no lynch. A no lynch can be achieved by half of the living players voting for a no lynch.

[06] NIGHT CHOICES: Night choices will be expected within 72 hours. If you do not inform me of a night choice you will forfiet it.

[07] LURKING AND NOT POSTING: Lurking is not an acceptable strategy in this game. Anyone who goes more than 72 hours without posting, without advance warning, will be prodded. Failure to post in the 48 hours following a prod will result in a player being replaced. Mafia is a social contract. Everyone is expected to give information and comment to be analysed. If this is uncomfortable for you, consider taking up solitaire instead.

[08] OUT OF THREAD COMMUNICATION: The game is not to be discussed outside the thread unless your role specifically states that you may do so – and then only in the manner stated in your role PM. Don’t quote any out-of-thread communications regarding this game in the thread, this includes role PMs.

[09] BAH POSTS ARE ALLOWED: Once your death scene has been posted, you’re dead. However, since I love Bah posts you may absolutely make one "Bah" post. It should be short and should contain absolutely no game related opinion or information.

[10] TOO CLEVER BY HALF RULE: No small or hidden text or obscure codes. Don’t edit/delete previously submitted posts either.

[11] VACATION? LIMITED ACCESS? If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period, please post a notice to that effect in this game thread. Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging.

[12] FALLIBILITY CLAUSE: Unlike other mods I am fallible. Please point out any mistakes I make gently. In particular, if I post a vote count that does not accurately reflect your vote, it is your responsibility to correct me -- otherwise your vote may be treated as it appears in the vote count.

[13] QUESTIONS: If you have any questions at all, please PM me or post the question in the thread.

[14] HUSH NOW, QUIET NOW: Excessive use of CAPS POSTING or spamming posts will not be allowed and may result in replacement without warning.

[15] GAMBLERS ANON: No bets, deals, promises, etc are allowed. Depending on the severity of one you may be modkilled or forceably replaced.

[16] IF IT QUACKS LIKE A DUCK: If you fake breaking a rule, it will result in the same punishment as actually breaking the rule.

[17] FUN: Remember, it’s a game and it’s supposed to be fun. Be nice to your fellow players and your mod. I have very low tolerance for abusive posts.

[18]
I've reserved this color for any purposes I might choose. Don't use it or anything similar to it.

Spoiler: Old Rules
Before the game:
1) Once your role PM is received, please read it and confirm that you have read it by posting in this thread, and PMing me the name of your role and a list of all players you can target with your night action. If you are a Vanilla Townie, just PM me your name. The game will start once 12 of the 13 players have confirmed.

General:
1) This is just a game. Harassing others is not allowed. Abusive language or actions may result in a warning or modkill.
2) While this game is in progress, do not discuss it outside of the game thread and the game-related Private Topics.
3) Once you are dead, you cannot post in this thread. (You can still post the twilight after the day you were lynched.)
4) My color is
green (#27B027)
. Do not use my color. If you need to use green, use a shade of green that isn't "my" green.
5) I'm the mod. What I say goes. However, if I make a mistake, please PM me and I might be able to fix it.
6) In the event that I have to modkill someone, the day may or may not continue. Modkilled players become Neutral Survivors, who lose because they are dead.
7) Any actions purposely played against your win condition will result in a modkill or other actions.
8) Any rules that are changed will be announced by me.

Day:
1) The game is a day start. There is no Night 0.
2) Voting "No Lynch" is allowed. Self-votes will be ignored. Unvotes are allowed, but are not required.
3) Day 1 will have a 17-day deadline, starting from when the thread is POSTED; all later days will have a 10-day deadline.
4) Please announce all V/LAs before they are taken. After three consecutive days without posting, prods may be requested and you may be replaced.
5) No quoting any private communication or PMs, including your role PM. No using invisible text, spoiler tags, or encryption codes. Violation of this rule will result in a modkill.
6) The Mafia may not converse privately during the day. If this rule is broken, both members of the mafia team violating this rule will be modkilled.
7) Once someone has received a majority of votes to lynch, the game moves to twilight.
8) If no one receives a majority of votes by the deadline, the person with the most votes (including No Lynch, if applicable) is lynched. If there is a tie between two people, or a tie between one person and No Lynch, there will be a one-day extension of the deadline. If it is still tied at the end of the extension, there will be no lynch.

Twilight:
1) Twilight occurs from when the lynch has been reached to when the mod posts the lynch scene.
2) Conversation may occur as normal, but no votes will count. Mafia may not converse privately yet.

Night:
1) The Night Phase will last 72 to 96 hours. It may be extended or shortened for various reasons.
2) Mafia may privately talk in their quicktopic during this time.
3) All actions must be submitted during the Night Phase and before the deadline, or they will not count.
4) You are allowed to self-target. However, self-protections will fail if the Doctor is the last living member of the Town.
5) The Mafia is not required to kill; however, they are not allowed to refrain from killing on consecutive nights.
6) The Doctor is not required to act; however, if the Doctor is currently V/LA or prodded, their action will be randomized. Randomized Doctor protection will not self-protect.
7) If you wish to change your decision, you are allowed to do so up until the deadline.
8) If both members of a Mafia team submit kills, the final kill submitted takes precedence. If one member of a Mafia team submits a kill and the other member submits a no-kill, the kill takes precedence.

Role PMs are being submitted within the next 30 minutes. Deadline for Day 1 is in (expired on 2014-05-18 16:40:00).
Last edited by BwBurke on Fri May 02, 2014 7:40 am, edited 5 times in total.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
BwBurke
BwBurke
Townie
BwBurke
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 9:45 am

Post by BwBurke »

Game will start once 12/13 have confirmed.
Permanently retired from forum mafia.
(Not that I played much anyway.)
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 9:58 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Hi Trickster.

Are you Fire scum or Ice scum?
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Zephyrus
Zephyrus
Goon
Zephyrus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 10:22 am

Post by Zephyrus »

This is going to be interesting, Trickster and Moonlight :L
Tr1ckster
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 10:23 am

Post by Tr1ckster »

Hey Moonlight! Guess who else is with us! Our old buddy randomidget!
Tr1ckster
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 10:27 am

Post by Tr1ckster »

*blushes a little*

I feel special. Both people checking in have mentioned me. :oops:
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 10:31 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Blushing... red... fire mafia... lynch it
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Tr1ckster
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 10:35 am

Post by Tr1ckster »

In post 6, Not_Mafia wrote:Blushing... red... fire mafia... lynch it
Fire's orange. The really hot stuff is blue.

Fallacious argument.

Lynch it.
Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 10:36 am

Post by Moonlight »

Mmm, lots of familiar faces.

I want to vote Not_Mafia already and we haven't even started. D:
BoroPhil
BoroPhil
Mafia Scum
BoroPhil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 10:37 am

Post by BoroPhil »

God I hope Moonlight is scum again.
Tr1ckster
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 10:40 am

Post by Tr1ckster »

In post 8, Moonlight wrote:Mmm, lots of familiar faces.

I want to vote Not_Mafia already and we haven't even started. D:
You know what they say! Great minds think alike. ;)
In post 9, BoroPhil wrote:God I hope Moonlight is scum again.
Why? I, for one, want to be on the same team as him again.
Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 10:47 am

Post by Moonlight »

@Boro: You're confident you can read me easily? I hope you're right then. :P

But seriously, I don't like how NM asked "fire or ice", scum is scum. I
could
see him doing it on purpose to get a discussion going and I assume that votes won't count yet, sooo... yeah.

*twiddles his thumbs*
BoroPhil
BoroPhil
Mafia Scum
BoroPhil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 10:53 am

Post by BoroPhil »

not really (I wasn't totally convinced you were scum, but I am a bit of a tunnel freak), I just hope you scumclaim again :D
BoroPhil
BoroPhil
Mafia Scum
BoroPhil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 10:54 am

Post by BoroPhil »

Last time I played this (as Icescum iirc) I was doing great and then the other scum faction NKed me thinking I was megatown. gutted.
Tr1ckster
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 10:57 am

Post by Tr1ckster »

In post 11, Moonlight wrote:But seriously, I don't like how NM asked "fire or ice", scum is scum. I
could
see him doing it on purpose to get a discussion going and I assume that votes won't count yet, sooo... yeah.
Like in games with an SK where a big scumtell is worrying mostly about the SK?
Zephyrus
Zephyrus
Goon
Zephyrus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 10:59 am

Post by Zephyrus »

I wouldn't be surprised if Moonlight is scum again
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 11:00 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

That exact same thing happened in a game of this I modded
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 11:01 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

That was @BoroPhil
Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 11:02 am

Post by Moonlight »

In post 14, Tr1ckster wrote:
In post 11, Moonlight wrote:But seriously, I don't like how NM asked "fire or ice", scum is scum. I
could
Like in games with an SK where a big scumtell is worrying mostly about the SK?
Very similar to that, yeah.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it but it's a start.
Tr1ckster
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Tr1ckster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 11:05 am

Post by Tr1ckster »

In post 15, Zephyrus wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if Moonlight is scum again
I would.
In post 18, Moonlight wrote:Very similar to that, yeah.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it but it's a start.
It's definitely a start for not even being in D1 yet. I think I know where the first Bandwagon is going.

The last time I played this setup we caught scum doing something similar to what NM started with, so I wouldn't be surprised at all if he is scum.
Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 11:17 am

Post by Moonlight »

In post 15, Zephyrus wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if Moonlight is scum again
And who
would
you be surprised about and why? :shifty:
BwBurke
BwBurke
Townie
BwBurke
Townie
Townie

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 11:52 am

Post by BwBurke »

We are still short a few confirms, I'm locking the topic for now.
BwBurke
BwBurke
Townie
BwBurke
Townie
Townie

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 8:47 pm

Post by BwBurke »

12/13 have confirmed. Day 1 has started.
tman2nd
tman2nd
Goon
tman2nd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 8:59 pm

Post by tman2nd »

Hello, Trickster, Burke, Moonlight, Zeph, and Boro. I recently read part of the game you four played recently. :wink:

And, for something completely different, Not_Mafia seems to be trying to subliminally influence us into thinking that they are not mafia. :igmeou:

VOTE: Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 9:07 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

I came in like a wrecking ball

VOTE: mastin

Return to “Completed Open Games”