Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:14 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Superstring = SSF

SSF is at lynch -1 then, with only kilm or pie left to pull the trigger. It concerns me that scum are willing to bus SSF, (unless there are only 2 scum, and Pie is the other one) this makes me think we may be on the wrong track here.

Experiment time.

unvote, vote: gorckat
pete d
pete d
Goon
pete d
Goon
Goon

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:35 pm

Post by pete d »

^^^ It concerns me how apparently little confidence you had in your -1 vote on SSF.
OtM wrote:I'm getting rather bored of this game, it's time for something to happen.
OtM wrote:Experiment time.
Do not like
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:12 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

I didn't expect that you would. My hypothesis is that you and Gorck are scum together. Your pattern of how you've responded to my votes fits that theory too perfectly.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:45 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

I've had to move, pack, unpack, and start things for school, and I just read and posted in another game and I'm too tired to do so in this game. I expect to be busy tomorrow as well (Mock Trial starts, bleah), so I should hopefully be back to speed by Wednesday. Apologies about the lack of advance warning, I was hoping school wouldn't be taking such a large chink of my time so soon.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:46 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Afterthought: Has SSF read the game yet? I've read it twice by this time, so he shouldn't have had had any trouble reading it once through by now.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:48 pm

Post by Dasquian »

Off the Mark wrote:I didn't expect that you would. My hypothesis is that you and Gorck are scum together. Your pattern of how you've responded to my votes fits that theory too perfectly.
I don't like it either, fwiw. A few posts ago you were following an entirely reasonable line of enquiry against SSF and the way he worded his post. Without him responding to it, you've apparently decided that that is old hat and it's time to "try something out". At the very least, it's somewhat risky play for the current situation. Added to that, I just don't think it's a very good trap.

Back to SSF, I'm disappointed we're not seeing more from him. We may well be lynching a townie and I see the argument that if he were scum, it wouldn't have gotten to -1 so quickly. He's *still* the scummiest person in the game though, so what are we supposed to do? If he's going to actively lurk his way out of it (which is a tactic OtM seems more than happy to facilitate), I propose that we
must
lynch him.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:58 am

Post by Off the Mark »

I know ssf is being completely scummy and unhelpful. But I can't help but think that real scum would have more motivation to try to steer us in the wrong direction at this point. Also, I don't think scum would be so willing to quickly bus another scum at this point. I know all my arguments on string/ssf were reasonable, but the voting pattern worries me. So now I think Gorck/Pete D are scum.
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:07 am

Post by Dasquian »

pie has already pointed out that the biggest risk to scum are other scum/SK. If it looks like ss/ssf is going down, the last thing you'd want to do is be nicely tied to him so that you get popped off in the night, rather than having a chance to talk your way out of the noose on day 3.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if a scum would bus ssf. In fact, like pie suggests is good for the town (and what I just think is too optimistic to hope for), I think it'd be less likely for scum to quicklynch a townie, and again risk getting popped off at night.

Which still implies gorckat and/or pete d might be scum, of course :) It's also possible that the scum are ssf, pj and pie, and actually the ssf bandwagon picked up speed due to its merits as a correct bandwagon... a scum looking scummy and getting bandwagonned for it has got to happen some of the time, right?

Conclusion: ssf is still the technically "best" bandwagon, IMO. I don't think it's too obvious to be wrong, and so I'm loathe to second-guess it in favour of assuming he's a townie and wondering who is pulling the strings.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:02 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Maybe Dasq is the 3rd scum... PJ, Pie, and Kilm (and myself of course) all seem a lot more townish to me right now than Dasq, Pete, and Gorck. SSF I have no idea, but we also have an SK role still out there too.
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:21 am

Post by Dasquian »

Off the Mark wrote:So... wouldn't it follow then that ssf is MORE likely to be scum, since this bandwagon is moving along (well, compared to the in-general glacial pace of this game, it is moving) and we ARE fairly close to lylo?
Off the Mark wrote:It concerns me that scum are willing to bus SSF, (unless there are only 2 scum, and Pie is the other one) this makes me think we may be on the wrong track here.
Off the Mark wrote:I didn't expect that you would. My hypothesis is that you and Gorck are scum together. Your pattern of how you've responded to my votes fits that theory too perfectly.
Off the Mark wrote:I know ssf is being completely scummy and unhelpful.
Off the Mark wrote:Maybe Dasq is the 3rd scum... PJ, Pie, and Kilm (and myself of course) all seem a lot more townish to me right now than Dasq, Pete, and Gorck. SSF I have no idea, but we also have an SK role still out there too.
(Slightly OMGUS)
FOS: OtM.
You're all over the place.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:53 am

Post by Off the Mark »

I admit to being confused. :D
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:56 am

Post by Off the Mark »

And actually, of those quotes you quoted, #2, #3, #4 (considering that statement was followed by a BUT), and #5 are in absolute agreement with each other. And #1 is not a strong point, it's a response to Pie's theory. You are trying to misrepresent my opinions.
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:44 am

Post by Dasquian »

In what way? Those posts were
all from the same page
. At the top of the page - 2 days ago - you rip into flea with:
Off the Mark wrote:I can't see a lurker replacing into a game who is TOWN but is under major suspicion and then just ignoring it. Seems like he should be fighting tooth and nail to stay alive. But he just pretty much said, "yeah, superstring looked scummy, I'll try to help you." and then disappeared. That seems like scum behavior to me who is disgusted with being put into a no-win situation. I'm happy with this vote.
Then,
without anyone moving any votes
, a day later, you decide that the bandwagon is on the wrong track and move your vote to gorckat. Am I wrong in thinking that this is a little odd? I can't also help but wonder if pie's post 787 was perhaps a contributing factor - did you maybe think that with pie saying gorckat's previous games weren't in his favour, there was an opening to swing the attention to him?

Please explain why you had a change of heart. gorckat and pete d were already voting ssf when you joined them. I still think the pressure should stay on ssf for now, but I would love to hear what you're thinking on this one.

And as you may have gathered, I was less than impressed that the simple act of agreeing with pete d that your actions were dodgy suddenly puts me as being a possible third scum (though granted, that in itself seems to be more of a naive town tell). I freely admit the OMGUS bias here, but I think it's worth bringing up.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:45 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Seeing the vote count and analyzing it is what changed my mind.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:47 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Gorckat (pie OtM)
SSF (gorckat peted dasq)
No lynch (kilm)
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:52 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Just to finish off the vote count:

Not voting: PJ and SSF

Interested in hearing others' opinions on the latest developments.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:23 am

Post by Off the Mark »

So, Dasq, what's your theory about my behavior then? You gave me an FOS, so you must have one.

You think I'm scum with superstring/ssf? Look over Day2, that sure doesn't make much sense. I did the PBPA that made him look scummy as hell. I voted for him, including a lynch-1 vote.

I can't be scum with string/ssf, not after being the one to build a case against him. And I wouldn't switch my vote away from him if I were scum and he was a townie, right? So, the only remaining possibility is that I am not scum and I legitimately changed my mind. I know you are a sharp guy, so since you didn't think about these things from a true scumhunting perspective, I feel I must:

FOS: Dasquian
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:26 am

Post by Off the Mark »

And I realize that type of argument involves a lot of WIFOM, but that would be some kinda crazy master plan if I was doing all that superstring analysis and voting for him all for distancing purposes. Not likely.
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:34 am

Post by Dasquian »

I'm FOSing you because you are behaving erratically and have been all day. I have two theories:

1) You are a townie who can't sit still.
2) You are scum who can't sit still.

In favour of (1) is the fact that you drop your theories as quickly as you pick them up. For example, just regarding myself, you were pointing the finger at the start of the day, congratulating me on a wonderful analysis and my townie nature a few pages ago, and are pointing the finger again the moment I agree with your current target of suspicion that you're behaving oddly.

In favour of (2) is the theory that you are bussing a scum. After all, you're the one going to lengths to make it clear that scum couldn't possibly bus each other, which would fit that strategy. You've also always had gorckat on the backburner, and perhaps with pie hinting that he's ready to put his chips in with gorckat, you've decided it's time to be "the one to build a case against him", too. Or perhaps ssf is a townie, and you're getting off the bandwagon in the hope it'd drive to completion without your fingers on it.

I've had troubles with sizing you up since my analysis - honestly, I think it's probably (1). You're not acting like someone who's trying to avoid attention, you much more fit the profile of someone who wants
something
to happen, and who would rather comment on anything in the most recent set of posts than wait a few days for everyone else to give their opinions. Nevertheless, you're giving off a jittery impression and are saying too many weird/impulsive things for me not to keep a healthy level of suspicion, hence a FOS. I don't feel inclined to turn it into a vote at this point, but I'm not going to rule it out either.

As I say, I think the focus needs to stay on ssf, at least til he posts something of substance.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:38 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

You could be right. He's still at lynch-2, and thus needs to start talking.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:40 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

Scum can do great pro-town analysis too, ya know. Especially when townies legitimately look scummy.
pete d
pete d
Goon
pete d
Goon
Goon

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:46 pm

Post by pete d »

[quote=Off the Mark]I didn't expect that you would. My hypothesis is that you and Gorck are scum together. Your pattern of how you've responded to my votes fits that theory too perfectly. [/quote]

By that I guess you mean when I legitimately pointed out your contradiction in voting gorckat earlier on (which you yourself acknowledged afterwards), then expressing concern when you switched to gorckat just now after you had seemingly built a case against ss/ssf and put him at -1. imo my sentiment has been completely warranted. If it had been any other player than gorckat, would you be criticising me now? Do you think that I would have reacted differently?

Would you mind elaborating on what you are referring to with the argument of a voting pattern / pattern in responding to your votes.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:53 am

Post by Off the Mark »

I vote gorckat, you FOS me.
I vote superstring, you vote superstring, gorckat votes superstring.
I vote gorckat, you say you don't like it.

That's the pattern.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:57 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Dasquian wrote:I'm FOSing you because you are behaving erratically and have been all day. I have two theories:

1) You are a townie who can't sit still.
2) You are scum who can't sit still.
How about:

3) I am a townie who purposely moves his vote around in order to get reactions and figure out who is who. I reanalyze the bandwagon constantly instead of sticking with my gut feeling.
pete d
pete d
Goon
pete d
Goon
Goon

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:28 pm

Post by pete d »

OtM wrote:I vote gorckat, you FOS me.
I vote superstring, you vote superstring, gorckat votes superstring.
I vote gorckat, you say you don't like it.
1 and 3 are misrepresentative. I didn't FoS you because of the player, I foSed you because of your actions. Same with 3. Like I said, if it had been anyone other than gorckat involved, I would still have said exactly the same thing. Question: Do you think that the sentiment of my concerns was wrong?

As for 2, thats pretty selective. I mean, you revoted string afterwoods, does that make you scum with me and dasq? Or how about Nanook, superstring and pie, they all voted for MBL, they must be scumbuddies too right?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”