Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #4650 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:22 am

Post by Sotty7 »

STD I thought you played excellent. I was pleasantly surprised you were scum, really enjoyed your play in this game.

The rest of the scum team I was on to at some point or another and either let myself be talked out of it, or did the talking myself. Frustrating, but that's mafia. Well played guys!

The minute I had to claim it became extremely hard to keep posting. The game was so bogged down and I had no need to post to keep myself from dying. It was a bad position to be in and I apologize to the town for becoming super distant.

Juls, you are forever my hero in this game. Thank you for coming in and actually taking the time to read and post and become engaged. Helped me masses.

I enjoyed playing with the oldies again, but if anything it has reminded me why site meta moved on. We talk to much, we should have done a lot more lynching.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #4651 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:48 am

Post by mathcam »

poro wrote:when I took on the ABR case I was able to turn away from the mathcam suspicion.

Yeah, I forgot to mention how cool of a play that was. Much like BooKitty's gambit day 1, this was the one thing keeping me from being sure you were scum. I think I even made a note somewhere to the effect of "That play doesn't make sense as scum. I kind of feel like poro knows this and is doing for that and only that reason, to appear town for doing something so unproductive as scum. But dammit...it's working! And indeed you looked less scum because of it." Double grr...
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #4652 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:48 am

Post by mathcam »

I'll totally read a scumthread if there's one around.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #4653 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:49 am

Post by chamber »

It got linked earlier, but the user permissions need to be added. I could do it, but I feel like it's best to leave it to patrick.
Taking a break from the site.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #4654 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:53 am

Post by Porochaz »

There may be some shit talking in the thread. So I will apologise for that in advance, Im not sure how much of it went into the thread there was a lot of frustration venting.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #4655 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:55 am

Post by Porochaz »

I am also interested and the dead qt (and the mason one), also if the spectator qt is different from the dead one, that too.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #4656 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:56 am

Post by mathcam »

My feeling is that everyone's entitled to vent in private. I'm also fine not getting to see it, especially if some of the scum have reservations. Don't worry about it.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #4657 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:04 pm

Post by Porochaz »

No Im fine with people seeing it, as far as Im aware Im the only one who did any significant venting and hopefully people understand that I get angry when they just won't die!
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4658 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:02 pm

Post by Bookitty »

I think we all had moments like that. I know I did, whether I posted them or not :) In the end, it's just a game and hopefully we all had fun regardless of the outcome.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4659 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:42 pm

Post by Juls »

Juls, you are forever my hero in this game. Thank you for coming in and actually taking the time to read and post and become engaged. Helped me masses.

<3 sorry I didn't have better reads.

Sorry to Yosarian for suspecting you.

ABR, I didn't force anyone to vote Yos, and in fact said that you (collective) should defer to people that are caught up. Not sure why you feel the need to "blame" everyone but yourself for the loss. I'm not saying you're to blame but shitting on everyone else is pretty bad form and it only makes me lose what respect I had for you.
-------------------------------------
Juls
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #4660 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:45 pm

Post by chamber »

I'll second the good replacement juls! well done. Not to belittle the efforts other replacements put in, because it was a monstrous dense game, but you really went the extra mile.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4661 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:47 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

I'm giving my thoughts on the game. I've been in this for longer than you and have a lot more to say about it than you. I hope you can understand that.

If you want to say that Porochaz losing his temper is fine and dandy but if I give my thoughts it's bad because it turns out that he won and I lost, well I don't have anything more to say to you.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4662 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:50 pm

People. Porochaz started insulting me out of the left field after the game for no reason, same with CTD. I reacted. End of story.

I have no issues with MBL, VitaminR or anybody else, whatever happened in the game stays in it. If Porochaz feels the need to attack me, I'll say my piece about him, and we'll leave it at that.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4663 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:56 pm

Seriously, in what shape or form is this post remotely "blaming" you? You're so off the map, Juls.

In post 4568, Albert B. Rampage wrote:My biggest regret in this game, was letting Juls run a train through Yosarian who I had a town read on, and then voted with her in spite of everything. That really took the wind out of me. Then the slow pace of the game did it for me in the end.

My
biggest regret. Mine. What I did. How do you interpret that as me blaming you? You can't tell me what to regret or not to regret. I expect an apology, you have no reason to write me something like that. I thought we were cool and then you come at me with this aggressive misrepresentation. It's forcing me to type to you in a stern way. lol
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4664 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:24 pm

Post by Juls »

In post 4014, Albert B. Rampage wrote:I said Yosarian was town. Juls was so sure of herself, she wouldn't even listen to me. Just wanted to do what she wanted to do without even listening to the players who were caught up, disrupting the entire thought flow that I had.

After DGB was lynched we should have just speedlynched CDB.

....this is blame. And it kinda hurt my feelings coming from you after you asked me to join the game in the first place. But I am not trying to be aggressive. I'm disappointed that you are so upset at everyone. Sorry if you took that as aggression. I just think everyone put a lot of effort into this game and invested a lot of time/energy. Everyone is upset (except scum).
-------------------------------------
Juls
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4665 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:28 pm

OK I didn't know that was what you referring to. That was in-game. Decisions were made, and within the context of those decisions there are feelings that are expressed that don't necessarily transfer to out of the game. I don't blame you.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #4666 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:45 pm

Post by mathcam »

Could scum daytalk? How did you manage to cast all three game-ending votes in less than a minute?

And I hadn't completely read through that last day until just now. Wow, ABR, wow. :)
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #4667 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:48 pm

Post by chamber »

The scum had daytalk, Ika was an encryptor.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4668 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:57 pm

In post 4666, mathcam wrote:Wow, ABR, wow.

I know man
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #4669 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:35 pm

Post by mathcam »

Ah, okay, thanks. I saw that and didn't know what it meant (and forgot we had discussed that earlier in the game). So if ika had died, daytalk would've died with him?
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #4670 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:49 pm

Post by chamber »

Right.
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4671 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:01 pm

Post by ika »

In post 4669, mathcam wrote:Ah, okay, thanks. I saw that and didn't know what it meant (and forgot we had discussed that earlier in the game). So if ika had died, daytalk would've died with him?

si, on the last like 3-5 pages we are tlaking about our timezones and when we could sncy for the quick-hammer. imo thats like the best part

it was like:

me: im here, whos here?
boo: me
*no poro*
small talk
*boo and i leave*
*poro comes on*
*i come on but poro gone*
*sleep and get up at 730*
*we sync up at 740ish*
*time our hammer for 47*

its a good read and i chuckle at it
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #4672 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:28 am

Post by Thesp »

I've been following this game along from the beginning, and I've got to say, ABR made it painful to read, and really contributed to the scum win. That's not to say the scum didn't earn it, as they knocked it out of the park, especially near the end and played a heck of a game. But watching ABR's erratic votes, the insistence on being obviously right when he was anything but, and his antagonism and vileness spewed at other people was and is just awful from a human standpoint.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4673 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:56 am

Post by Green Crayons »

lol

Guys.

You guys.

Hey, you guys.

Guys.

Everyone needs to take that stick out of their asses and chill.

Sheish. I enjoyed playing with everyone, EVEN IF their play style wasn't aligned with mine (DGB, ABR, farside :(), EVEN IF they were wrong about some things (lol everyone), EVEN IF we got into some heated back and forths (glork, chamber, MBL). You know, because this is the game of mafia: where everyone gets to be an asshole about being wrong.

It even made me self reflect about why I play the way I do. Yo, MBL, my self-certainty is an overcorrection because I historically flounder between believing my suspicions and second guessing myself. I didn't want to get real with you in-game about that because I thought you were scum trying to exploit my self doubt.

Basically, what I'm saying is that everyone was wrong, except for when they were right, but more importantly, Ether should play a game or something, you know?
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #4674 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:45 am

Post by mathcam »

In post 4671, ika wrote:
me: im here, whos here?
boo: me
*no poro*
small talk
*boo and i leave*
*poro comes on*
*i come on but poro gone*
*sleep and get up at 730*
*we sync up at 740ish*
*time our hammer for 47*

its a good read and i chuckle at it

That's fantastic.

GC wrote:It even made me self reflect about why I play the way I do

Yeah, I did a lot of that this game, too.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”