Post by Elmo »

Mod edit
Votecount:
Ether (3): Skruffs, Bookitty, NabakovNabakov
Korlash (1): Erg0
Erg0 (1): Ryan
NabakovNabakov (2): Elmo, Ether

Not voting (2): Korlash, The Fonz.

With 9 alive it's 5 to lynch. At deadline, the one with the most votes is lynched. In case of a tie I will look at who reached the highest amount of votes first.

awwww Ergo0! <3

It's late, so this is kinda brief and going partially on memory, so forgive me if I screw up.

6: He FoSsed him because there were too many votes on, if I remember.. this was a wagon that got a lot of attention, I feel he took a measured response to darko, actually; I think a FoS instead of a vote is the way to go. A lot of people were into the darko wagon, I can't say I find much wrong with that for a day 1 wagon. If there's anything scummier, I've missed, say.
9: I don't disagree with ryan's stance on giving up; it's unproductive and annoying when a townie just kind of whimpers and says "oh, if you all hate me so myuch, why don't you just lynch me :cry:"; "I would hope if you are town you'd fight like heck so we don't lynch you" which I do agree with. I interpret what he says as "I think you're town but you need to defend yourself better if you're town" which seems perfectly reasonable to me.
24&28: I can buy the playstyle thing. Certainly Sir T says he's been more aggressive in the past, I haven't followed that up but we know Sir T is town and I think we can rely on his judgement to this extent. iirc he accepts ryan's explanation that he's changed his playstyle later on; I haven't metagamed, but I think I'd go with that too, personally.
36: Yeah, I could see that happening in isolation, but he has a short interchange with SSF that ends up with him saying SSF is acting "almost like you'd rather see him gone regardless of his role" which seems to be moving in the opposite direction.
54: Kind of agree. I'm not sure if missing the point is intentional or not.
85: Mmm, that is interesting. I would be more inclined to think this was scummy if was about a more important subject, the whole thing just seems like pointless noise to me.
129: Could be, in isolation; I can't really see the point. Guardian is already pretty jumbled up, it seems. It's more liable to be genuine frustration that ryan is defending him and getting flak for it, I think.
147: Yeah, I really don't think Guardian was smart to say that, but I wouldn't put much stock in it personally. I can kind of see someone thinking it significant, I guess.. I think what's going on to do with "You're starting to make me wonder if I was completely wrong about you and your allignment." like, the combination of the fact he's getting flak is biasing him against continuing to find Guardian town a bit... I don't know ryan very well, but I would guess that finding something like that suspicious is consistent with him. Is good point, though.
162/167: I don't think you've misrepresented him deliberately, but my impression is a little different than what you state here. In 162 he says "The problem with people who play this way is they do it as town or as scum and you can never really get a read on them. I think more content is obviously needed from YB but I'm not sure if we can use his lack of participation as anything more than somebody who might need replaced" which would seem to indicate that he thinks YB's lack of content is null, which I would agree with. He then votes YV in 167 saying "I'd like to see some more thought into your posts and some actual suspicions/opinions", so basically a lurker vote. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Hm, if there's something not mentioned, then I don't see how it's meant to be scummy.

I think I understand where you're coming from with respect to the flying under the radar thing, now. I also think a lot of it could potentially be explained by playstyle.. now, I know a lot of bad things come from people just claiming playstyle to cover whatever wrongs they've committed recently, but I can reasonably see a lot of it being caused by a shift in his playstyle away from (apparently) his usual aggressive self. I haven't looked in detail, and I don't know entirely what you mean by the obvious change in playstyle from day 1, but assuming that's true (and I understand what you mean) then I certainly I think the way he was very reserved relative to normal and had to be called out means that
he has actually recently shifted it away from being aggressive
. I should probably also mention (if I didn't) that I replaced a scumbuddy of his in Big Brother (albeit when he was dead), and offhand I really don't think ryan exhibits that kind of flying-under-the-radar tell as scum. Certainly his play is different from that game, I think; so he has shifted playstyles a bit, but I can only see a pro-town or null reason for that. Either he's shifted styles because it suits him better (null) or he's shifted it because he wants to avoid mislynches this game (pro-town). So I think there is merit there on a few issues, but I don't agree with the meat of the case.

I think Erg0's case on ryan is genuine, actually. I think he's wrong, but it certainly makes me feel better about him, at the moment. Which is nice! 8-)
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2726 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:39 pm

Post by Erg0 »

I'm going to bed in a minute, but I'm going to make my vote useful before I do.

Unvote, Vote: NabakovNabakov

I like this wagon better right now. The deadline is at 3am my time, so my vote won't be moving again.
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2727 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:31 am

Post by Bookitty »

unvote; vote NabakovNabakov
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2728 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:33 am

Post by Bookitty »

Just because I got some flack about incorrect vote format in another game:
unvote; vote: NabakovNabakov
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #2729 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:21 am

Post by Korlash »

Lack of vote? i've been at work all day... wtf mate...

I'm not going to vote until i see a real vote count and the number it takes to lynch. I know the whole deadline thing, I get it, but pushing me to vote like that is mildly suspicious to me.

Also if you knwo anythign abotu me it's taht I hate deadlines so take my non vote as you will. It's all pretty standard stuff for me.
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2730 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:08 am

Post by ryan »

Post 2675 from our mod says it takes 5 to lynch
[i]Please remove your head from your ass before you vote.[/i]
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #2731 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:55 am

Post by Skruffs »

A) Lynching the most likely to be scum player would have been better than lynching a for-sure scum player. I'm not doubting that. But randomly lynching someone for force-replacing out, or 'not scum hunting enough', or rubbing Ether the wrong way, which is what sikario's lynch seemed to be,
doesn't, and didn't, seem to me to be 'better' than lynching a for sure scum. I don't think a precondition that we should only lynch them if we don't know which of the lovers is scum IS a precondition that needs to be met. LYnching fonz yesterday would have forced a different set of people to lynch him. We would be at a natural LYLO instead of a bizarre one where one scum is 'unlynchable' until final three. One of sikario or gorrad would be alive today; perhapas even both if the scm decided to kill someone else.. We would be at lylo, yes, but we'd also be at lylo with, i think, a higher chance of lynching correctly. I see that we are going to be in disagreement over yesterday's correct choice of action. That's fine by me.

Ii've only responded tothefirst paragraph of your big post, Elmo, and it looks like a lot ofother stuff is happening. How about this: You bus ether, and then you can kill me tonight and not even have to worry about my response. :)

I will note that you are actively defending Ether, continuously, all day. Everything that you say that you can 'see' her doing as frustrated town is defending her: You are acknowledging the errors, something she herself has also done (Without changing her style) and then trying to push that itpossibly from town.

I have to go, will try to post from my phone (Working outside today)
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #2732 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:56 am

Post by Korlash »

Well then I'll
vote: NabakovNabakov

Erg0 is right I have been hanging back, but only becuase I didn't want to be the one to lose us the game. I'll admit I never "fully" read this game... >.>

But with a staggering amount of mafia left and the apparent consensus with Nabnab I'll be leaving this in your guy's hands...

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #2733 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:59 am

Post by Skruffs »

Erg0 wrote:Skruffs, the idea was that by lynching away from Fonz we had a chance to lynch scum and put ourselves in a much better position, whereas a mislynch didn't significantly worsen our position (numerically, at least).
I understand this. However, if Sikario was more likely scum because Nab was scum, why did theypush sikario first? Because if they lynched nab first, and he was town, they then couldn't go after sikario the next day. So yes, that lynch could have been used to catch scum, but the scum were arrogant and flippant enough to convince people to lynch town, with the premise that there would be a 'better' lynch (Nab) for tomorrow (today). That's the 'game plan', if you want to call it quarterback coaching. I'm sorry if I didn't directly point this out yesterday, but sometimes hindsite is 20/20.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #2734 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:13 am

Post by Korlash »

Skruffs makes a good point. Why wouldanyone lynch player X becuase he COULD be scum if player Y is scum and not jsut player Y?

Then agin Fonz's quick hammer and his own self vote kinda put the L-2 thing a little off eh... :(

Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #2735 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:58 am

Post by Skruffs »

Any way we could switch to korlash rreal quick? I'm pretty sure he just said his vote was solely based on the number of votes on nab.

Elmo: nab voting ether instead of you is to keep himself safe, ether was at 2 bwfore he was, so would he rather put her at 3 first or put you at 1?
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2736 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:59 am

Post by ryan »

I think you just hammered NabNab as I believe he was at -1 when you voted him. Hope you guys were right
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #2737 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:07 am

Post by Korlash »

No i believe I put him at L-1... I wasn't going to be blamed for the hammer.

ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2738 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:13 am

Post by ryan »

Ether, Elmo, BK, Erg0 and you=5 votes correct?
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #2739 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:15 am

Post by Korlash »

No...

Further proof of my horrific math skillz... ><

ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2740 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:25 am

Post by ryan »

Well I guess we'll know in about an hour if you helped us or not
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #2741 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:26 am

Post by Korlash »

Ok the oprotunistic side of me says nabnab is scum. So I rock for being the guy to step up and accedently shove him off a cliff.

So Erg0 and Skruffs... and Fonz... you guys lose! muahahah I cracked your little scum group! And i will personally see to it that the three of you are hangeded!

Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #2742 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:29 am

Post by Korlash »

Thats optomistic btw... >.> Totally two different meanings....

Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2743 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:13 am

Post by Lawrencelot »

Final Votecount:
NabakovNabakov (5): Elmo, Ether, Erg0, Bookitty, Korlash
Ether (2): Skruffs, , NabakovNabakov
Erg0 (1): Ryan

Not voting (1): , The Fonz.

With 9 alive it's 5 to lynch.

The town desperately tried to look for any scum once again, while they still did not find even one. After a long day of discussion, they thought NabakovNabakov was one of the scum. But after lynching him, they saw no gun or other weapon. While seeing their last hope of survival vanish, the town went to bed.

NabakovNabakov, Townie, lynched Day 5.

Night choices as quick as possible please.
Leaving mafiascum temporarily or not due to circumstances
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2744 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:32 am

Post by Lawrencelot »

A blood-red sun is shining. With all hope gone, the townies searched for any deaths. When they arrived in Ether's house, they saw that her body was shot several times. Before they had any chance to bury her, 4 of them drawed a gun. Ryan, Korlash, Skruffs and The Fonz were no townies at all! Korlash shot Elmo before he could even say a word. Skruffs shot Erg0 coldheartedly. The Fonz said: "Bookitty, we knew it would never work. I am member of the mafia, and you are a townie. But I cannot think of having to live without you..." "But...", Bookitty tried to say before Ryan shot her in the head. The Fonz screamed, took Bookitty's body, walked to the cliff nearby and jumped, with her lover in her arms. Thus it was, that the mafia killed the town, and the Big Love.

Ether, Townie, killed Night 5.
Elmo, Townie, endgamed Day 6.
Erg0, Townie, endgamed Day 6.
Bookitty, Lover, endgamed Day 6.
The Fonz, Treacherous Lover, endgamed Day 6.

Mafia wins! Congratulations!

Last edited by Lawrencelot on Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #2745 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:36 am

Post by Ether »

I'd say something bitter at this point, but I'm too relieved that Elmo was town.
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #2746 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:39 am

Post by Ether »

That thing with Ryan sucked, though.
As I move my vote
LOUDER
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #2747 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:40 am

Post by Ether »

...also, why didn't he hammer on the spot?
As I move my vote
LOUDER
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2748 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:42 am

Post by Elmo »

Heh, two out of three and I have to wagon the townie. gg :P
Fonz did very well with ryan, I have no idea what was going on there. Bah, we should have gone with Skruffs, he was obv scum. Also Erg0 was right about that tell, too. Bah, it seems typical, we all had pieces of the puzzle and I was fairly confidant Ether was town and feeling Erg0 was town, but we didn't quite get them together in time.
FWIW I am also relieved Ether was town :)
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2749 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:50 am

Post by Lawrencelot »

Am I glad this game is over lol. It took such a long time, but modding this was still very fun. I don't think many of my future games will reach 100+ pages.

About somestrangeflea/ryan, I apologise for the mistake again. I'm sad that it affected the gameplay this much, but I asked the list mod and he agreed doing nothing was the best choice. If I had lynched Ryan and not ssf, you would have a confirmed townie, and ssf already talked to someone ingame after he was lynched iirc, so it would have affected the gameplay even more. Lynching both would be too drastic. As a town, you made the argument: "if ryan was the godfather, mod would not have left him alive". But the argument: "if ryan was the godfather, mod would not have lynched both him and ssf" is just as valid if I look at it objectively. Anyway, this is one more example that shows not to outguess the mod. Scum played a good game though, they deserved to win in my eyes. I think most of the town really tried their best though.

I didn't save the nightchoices anywhere, but I can look at XDaamno's pms in my inbox if anyone is interested.

If you have any questions, please ask me, and I suggest the mafia shows their night talk if they can. Oh and if you're quick, you can sign up for my next game in the mini theme list. It's called R-1000 mafia.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”