hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:57 am

Post by hayatoBL »

:(

6 people give fruit. One scum kills and did not give fruit. Two other town also did not give fruit.

Among the three (scum + two town) there is a confirmed scum.

Among the
seven
(my mistake) six who gave fruit, any combination of two people from this group can't be scum together. And that is 15 possible scum teams eliminated. Do this from N1 to N4, we'll have *tons* of info by LyLo.
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:09 pm

Post by Siveure DtTrikyp »

About your plan, not quite. Any two where one gave fruit to the other CAN be scum together because the first kills and claims giving fruit to the second.

So yeah, I'd say it should be optional if we lynch mafia today but not otherwise.

About my vote, I distrust everyone on your wagon. Votes for something that is obviously dependent on playstyle instead of alignment is horrible for town, and bulge is pushing you the most suspiciously.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:10 pm

Post by T S O »

it's not really dependent on playstyle.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:14 pm

I think he actually believes his strategy is optimal. I really don't think he realizes our strategy is optimal and is trying to get us to do something suboptimal as scum. His proposal is completely alignment neutral.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:54 pm

Post by The Bulge »

In post 51, Siveure DtTrikyp wrote:About your plan, not quite. Any two where one gave fruit to the other CAN be scum together because the first kills and claims giving fruit to the second.

So yeah, I'd say it should be optional if we lynch mafia today but not otherwise.

About my vote, I distrust everyone on your wagon. Votes for something that is obviously dependent on playstyle instead of alignment is horrible for town, and bulge is pushing you the most suspiciously.
I'm not pushing for his lynch, I'm pushing my plan.
Also, isn't voting for me based on only this also dependent on playstyle instead of alignment?
Aronis
Aronis
Just here for the Pagetop!
Aronis

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:30 pm

Post by Aronis »

In post 51, Siveure DtTrikyp wrote:About your plan, not quite. Any two where one gave fruit to the other CAN be scum together because the first kills and claims giving fruit to the second.

At this point, unless someone suggests a gamebreaking strategy, I see no reason to stray from forcing a No Kill. Maybe the plan would catch a scum, but it could take a while to find him, plus things could get really crazy with multiple fruit. I'm just not up for taking a gamble like that at this point.
hayatoBL
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:42 pm

Post by hayatoBL »

Yep.

But your plan has this problem also.
hayatoBL
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:45 pm

Post by hayatoBL »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: TheBuldge

@TSO and Aronis
Are you also voting for me to further your plan or is it because you think I'm scum? If it's the latter why?
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:47 am

Post by T S O »

A combination. I thought you were scum because I don't think your plan is optimal to ours, but on second thought, I'm not sure that's really a scumtell.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:57 am

Post by The Bulge »

In post 57, hayatoBL wrote:UNVOTE:

@TSO and Aronis
Are you also voting for me to further your plan or is it because you think I'm scum? If it's the latter why?
I'm not voting you to "further my plan", I'm voting you because I think you are scum. Where did this assumption come from? Your plan makes it easier for scum early-game, so I think you are scum. It's that simple. This is nothing but OMGUS.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:08 am

Post by The Bulge »

I don't know about ashura, but Marcrell and Aeronaut are active right now and have posted on the site since the beginning of the game. They need to get their asses in here.
hayatoBL
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:14 am

Post by hayatoBL »

The Bulge wrote: I'm not voting you to "further my plan", I'm voting you because I think you are scum. Where did this assumption come from? Your plan makes it easier for scum early-game, so I think you are scum. It's that simple.
Normally, if you think a person is scum, you would want to push for his lynch don't you?
In post 54, The Bulge wrote:
Also, isn't voting for me based on only this also dependent on playstyle instead of alignment?
This is nothing but OMGUS.
I never said, I think you're scum though.
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:20 am

In post 59, The Bulge wrote:I'm not voting you to "further my plan", I'm voting you because I think you are scum. Where did this assumption come from? Your plan makes it easier for scum early-game, so I think you are scum. It's that simple. This is nothing but OMGUS.
So you're voting without pushing for a lynch? Instead, you're pushing your plan? Why exactly aren't you trying to lynch him if you think he's scum?

Separating playstyle (what a player would think, regardless of alignment) from alignment (what the player is doing because they're town/mafia) is pretty much the whole point of mafia, and thus any argument where mafia can bring it down to pure-playstyle (theory questions) is ideal for them. So I think trying to bring the game to playstyle dependent stuff (like which night plan is better) is suspicious.
Voting for you is based on how you did your vote on hayato. Your vote looked like "he's proposing something suboptimal, he's scum" with no real thoughts beyond that. The fact you're pushing the superiority of our plan and not anything else related to hayato, while still calling him scum, is bad.
hayatoBL wrote:
Yep.

But your plan has this problem also.
Sure. But our plan has less holes elsewhere for them to exploit this - if someone dies either the person above them is scum or scum gave fruit to one another. Like, your plan relies on scum mis-stepping to be better than our plan tbh. I don't think this is a good assumption to make. Hmm. You know, I can't actually see whats wrong with it right now. Dangit. I need to go way more in-depth...
hayatoBL
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:20 am

Post by hayatoBL »

In post 58, T S O wrote:A combination. I thought you were scum because I don't think your plan is optimal to ours, but on second thought, I'm not sure that's really a scumtell.
And I'm assuming you are still unsure. Please do tell us when you are sure.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:30 am

Post by The Bulge »

"I'm not pushing for his lynch" does not mean I have no intention. It just means that I'm not currently doing that because we were discussing plans at the time. Obviously I want him lynched. Voting me for not actively pushing my vote is once again playing against my playstyle, not my alignment.
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:39 am

Here's what points to you being mafia.

1) Your "playstyle" seems to be trying to keep us with no player information, which is indicative of scum. We lose out a lot by discussing how we use the fruit all day then having to compromise deadline lynch, and you seem to have 0 intention of talking about anything but the fruit.
2) You've decided he's scum to be lynched really fast.
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:57 am

Post by Aronis »

UNVOTE:
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:03 am

Post by The Bulge »

In post 47, hayatoBL wrote:Siveuere: in the mean time why the bulge?
In post 57, hayatoBL wrote:UNVOTE:

@TSO and Aronis
These posts are 10 posts apart. Going from "Why the Bulge?" to a vote and then immediately making a case against me.
In post 61, hayatoBL wrote:
The Bulge wrote: I'm not voting you to "further my plan", I'm voting you because I think you are scum. Where did this assumption come from? Your plan makes it easier for scum early-game, so I think you are scum. It's that simple.
Normally, if you think a person is scum, you would want to push for his lynch don't you?
In post 62, Siveure DtTrikyp wrote:
In post 59, The Bulge wrote:I'm not voting you to "further my plan", I'm voting you because I think you are scum. Where did this assumption come from? Your plan makes it easier for scum early-game, so I think you are scum. It's that simple. This is nothing but OMGUS.
So you're voting without pushing for a lynch? Instead, you're pushing your plan? Why exactly aren't you trying to lynch him if you think he's scum?
As I mentioned, I wasn't pushing for a lynch at the time because we were still discussing night plans.
Now I'm pushing and making a case. I hope you're happy.
In post 61, hayatoBL wrote:
This is nothing but OMGUS.
I never said, I think you're scum though.
No you don't, Siveure does. You're piggybacking off his logic.
In post 65, Siveure DtTrikyp wrote:Here's what points to you being mafia.

1) Your "playstyle" seems to be trying to keep us with no player information, which is indicative of scum. We lose out a lot by discussing how we use the fruit all day then having to compromise deadline lynch, and you seem to have 0 intention of talking about anything but the fruit.
2) You've decided he's scum to be lynched really fast.
1) I really don't see where you're going with this "don't waste time on night plans" thing. We have another week and a half before night, and town night plans are extremely crucial to this setup. We can't go into the night without a good plan that everyone agrees on.
2) This is a blatant contradiction. You were just criticizing me for NOT pushing a lynch, and now all of the sudden I want a "really fast" lynch? Bullshit.
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:07 am

You don't want a really fast lynch, you've decided really fast on a lynch.

So piggybacking off someone else's logic means you don't agree with them on the conclusion?
mathbandit
mathbandit
Townie
mathbandit
Townie
Townie

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:09 am

Post by mathbandit »

Just because hayatoBL is stupid doesn't make him Scum. As long as sometime before the end of the Day he agrees with the correct Fruit plan, nothing is gained from lynching him based on a mistake about the best way to handle the set-up.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:09 am

Post by The Bulge »

All that being said, I don't think Siveure is scum. I do, however, think hayato is mafia piggybacking off of town logic to get me lynched and save his own ass.

PEDIT (Siveure): How is that any different from every other person who voted anyone?
Of course he doesn't, because he's scum and he knows I'm town.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:31 am

Post by don_johnson »

unvote, vote mathbandit

there it is. you guys are welcome.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
hayatoBL
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:47 am

Post by hayatoBL »

In post 67, The Bulge wrote: These posts are 10 posts apart. Going from "Why the Bulge?" to a vote and then immediately making a case against me.
I never made a case on you.

In post 61, hayatoBL wrote: No you don't, Siveure does. You're piggybacking off his logic.
I never said I agree with his logic, either. There's two votes on you, but only one of us thinks you're scum.

I simply......sheeped Siveure.
hayatoBL
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:50 am

Post by hayatoBL »

In post 69, mathbandit wrote:Just because hayatoBL is stupid doesn't make him Scum. As long as sometime before the end of the Day he agrees with the correct Fruit plan, nothing is gained from lynching him based on a mistake about the best way to handle the set-up.
Just because most of you disagree with my plan, it doesn't makes *me* the one who's stupid.
mathbandit
mathbandit
Townie
mathbandit
Townie
Townie

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:00 am

Post by mathbandit »

If everyone Fruits the person below them, we get 2 Nights where the Scum cannot kill without exposing one of their members.
If some portion of people Fruit the people below them, Scum can kill and still not be exposed on every Night. (Hint: '{A,B,C,D} contains at least 1 Scum member' is a useless statement unless you feel like spending 4 lynches to get possibly only 1 Scum'.)

Return to “Completed Open Games”