NY 176: Completely Ridiculous Mafia (Game Over)

Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3125 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:50 am

Post by Aegor »

Any competent scum would have settled quickhammer times in advance.
Currently partying at the
M A S Q U E R A D E
-- a Large Normal for 21 revelers.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3126 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:34 am

Post by Cephrir »

Neither Ap nor izzy has posted while there was a vote on me

Also I'm almost at a computer
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3127 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:11 pm

Post by Cephrir »

hold onto your britches bitches

actually it probably wont be that great but that phrase sounded really good
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3128 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:37 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 130, Cabd wrote:
In post 71, Izariael wrote:
In post 62, T S O wrote:
In post 60, Izariael wrote:
In post 49, T S O wrote:
vote bob

In post 50, T S O wrote:I would also vote AcBd if he is a wagon.

No reasoning provided on your initial vote, and yet you provided reasoning for an alternate vote that seems sheepy/scummy? :!: tsk tsk

oh sorry for not giving random reasoning for my vote; I know that's a towntell

Thanks for the passive-aggressiveness. I just don't understand why you would vote Bob without listing a reason, yet list a reason you would vote for someone else and not follow through. That means it was a deliberate choice to vote Bob over Cabd... hardly random.

Okay yeah this thing is town. Screams town who is excited as fuck to play (hence why his first post was a masterpiece of lolz) and is coming out early game swinging hard.

So this is kind of an interesting one. Cabd calls Izzy town on like page 4 and then doesn't really interact with him or even make a pass at questioning that read literally ever again. All further interactions are of the basically useless questions variety. On the one hand, this reminds me of how Cabd treated me when we were scum together, but this is Cabd and obviously he'd be wise to me trying to think about his meta, so eeeeh.

In post 375, Cabd wrote:
In post 343, T S O wrote:For what it's worth, AP is simply going to call everything I do scummy - if you want to listen to him, great, but I'm not going to respond to his twisting. Anyone else is okay.

"twisting" implies you think he's scum. Do you?

This isn't very important but it's kind of an aggressive question. My first thought was "trying to get scumbuddy to post additional fake thought processes" but now that I've been through the iso I don't think that's what's going on here anymore.

In post 423, Cabd wrote:
In post 396, T S O wrote:
In post 375, Cabd wrote:
In post 343, T S O wrote:For what it's worth, AP is simply going to call everything I do scummy - if you want to listen to him, great, but I'm not going to respond to his twisting. Anyone else is okay.

"twisting" implies you think he's scum. Do you?

I feel he has a grudge against me, at least. I'm not sold on him being town either - but the twisting itself comes from the grudge.

In post 376, Cabd wrote:
In post 364, T S O wrote:I genuinely think reinoe is either ballsy enough or stupid enough to play "too stupid to be scum" as scum.

Jimmy_Raynor's scum game in the newbie game I modded was pretty much him winning by his prior slot owner replacing out in a townish manner and people giving him towncred. While this replace out was more neutral, natural, and something not aimed at sinking any town cred. Thoguhts?

I feel I'm missing something very basic here - what you're telling me is that Jimmy won a scum game by coasting off slotcred - therefore, because he replaced out here, he's Town?

I'm pretty sure what you're saying is that you think he, after seeing it work so well as scum, would give reads in his replaceout if he was scum. Thing is, I don't think he even read the game or had reads to give.

Possibly. It's just a likelihood thing. That plus jimmy's super tryhard lengthy as scum from the data points I do have. He felt a lot more relaxed and such here in the few posts he has. I'm not willing to vote reinoe today. Join me on DP-scum?

And now he's treating TSo like town.Okay, sure. This will be relevant in a moment.

In post 455, Cabd wrote:TSO's the only vote on Reinoe with any sort of merit, bob's and toon's are shit. Don't all post at once guys yeesh. As it is already there's three slots in this game, one of them a three-or-more-headed-hydra, with less posts than the mod for fuck's sake.

More treating TSO like town, admitting his vote is solid (ignoring for the moment that things turn out a bit differently).

In post 484, Cabd wrote:{AP, Iz, Mirhawk, Aero Reinoe, maaaaaybe aegor but i have niggles}

{everyone else}

{depraved justice, MVP, maybe bob}

This is for myself than it is for everyne else, but if you ask me my read one one of the named players i'm just going to point you here for now.

So where the the fuck is TSO here? Instead of TSO in the town list, we have AP and Aegor and Mirhawk, none of whom Cabd has touched in the slightest and two of whom currently have good chances of being his scumbuddy. I think this is wanting to have the option to flop onto TSo later (though we have to question why he townreads so many if that's the thought process). AP is obvious-- Cabd doesn't want AP to get all up in his shit or he has to pretend he doesn't want AP to get up in his shit. Alignment not relevant there. In hindsight, it occurs to me that Cabd's disinterest in sorting me was probably a scum claim, because I know he'd love to stick it to me if he were town and I wasn't so he'd have been sorting me a lot harder. I'm sort of a moron .

In post 1115, Cabd wrote:
In post 1083, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 1080, goodmorning wrote:With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch. The day will end in 4 days, 5 hours, 17 minutes

If we could lynch someone in the next 48 hours so as not to tempt deadline rushes, that'd be fantastic. Lets start consolidating votes and getting off vanity wagons. *cough cabd cough*

Another ticker for AP town, also agree, see tales of you or really any large game in the past year for examples of why this fucking sucks. That said, uh, i'm not on any vanity wagons, learn2votecountread? I had unvoted MVP who was the main wagon at the time?

If by another he means literally the first yeah sure great.

In post 1562, Cabd wrote:
In post 1561, Cephrir wrote:The biggest reservation I have about TSO is that throwing a bitchfit is basically the thing I was looking for, because it pretty much happened in
FEA
every TSO game ever regardless of alignment.

FTFY

In post 2071, Cabd wrote:
In post 2066, Mirhawk wrote:Yesterday you were going on about some big thing you were going to test overnight.

What was that about, where did it go?

It happened, and AP's town.

What the fuck did this mean??
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3129 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:38 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Mean to comment after 1562: This is actually a really strong point in favor of TSO being town. That is a huge mudsling and he has no reason whatsoever to do it if TSO is his scumbuddy; why not let me run off the scent? Literally no reason.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3130 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:45 pm

Post by Cephrir »

I pretty much refuse to think too carefully about the fucking weird AP/Cabd interactions. I like my brain in one piece. But I do think it's a bit odd that AP hasn't seemed terribly apologetic about them in the aftermath.

I'm almost prepared to write off TSO as town which would make my life a lot easier in terms of the analysis I want to do. As much as his pushes on me have bothered me with their strength (I would expect a bit more tenuousness after the reinoe fiasco) and apparent lack of logic, the fire on reinoe was pretty real and I'm thinking the emotions have been too.

Aegor hasn't done anything this game.

Izzy is a weird one because he was in my corner for so long and then....just.....wasn't.

I might actually vote based on plausible teams of two even though that is essentially against my religion
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3131 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:33 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 32, Aegor wrote:My plan is to coast to lylo while remaining peripheral.

Objections should be raised now.

Not particularly what I'm doing here but god this post is still fucked and please don't do it ever again.

In post 60, Izariael wrote:
In post 49, T S O wrote:
vote bob

In post 50, T S O wrote:I would also vote AcBd if he is a wagon.

No reasoning provided on your initial vote, and yet you provided reasoning for an alternate vote that seems sheepy/scummy? :!: tsk tsk

Also not what I'm really doing here but this is not a scumbuddy interaction. Izzy is newish but he's not new enough to tsk at his scumbuddy. Ignore my wifom please thank you. I think in wifom sometimes and quite frankly suck it the fuck up.

In post 95, AngryPidgeon wrote:TWIE and Aeronaut are townies. Iz might be if I squint hard enough.

Everyone else can still die. I don't really know who I want to vote though.

^This might be a scumbuddy interaction

In post 106, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 102, Cephrir wrote:People I am looking askance at: TSO, Bob, DJ, Aegor.

I don't quite get the Aegor one unless you think his whole "Im going to coast to lylo, deal with it trolls" is forced or something.

In post 118, AngryPidgeon wrote:Aegor is probably null.

And if he flips scum, Im absolutely disregarding anything he has said about Toomai.

What the hell kind of statement is "Aegor is probably null" that doesn't even make sense. I still want the last sentence to be buddyesque.

In post 119, AngryPidgeon wrote:Wait I figured it out. You rolled Serial Killer AGAIN, didn't you Aegor ;)

AP likes to play the cheeky scumbutt and this could be a prime example. He would absolutely not shy away from making winky emoticons at scumbuddies.

In post 215, Izariael wrote:
Alrighty guys, I'm leaving for my weekend hiatus in about an hour, so I'm leaving you guys with my current reads, as underwhelming as they may be. I'll be home some time Sunday evening (Pacific time zone)

Towny:

Cephrir: I may be biased because his profile picture is Pumbaa, but several of his reads have lined up with my own ([] listed most of my current scums). I feel that he's pushing conversation in a productive direction with some of his questions and statements as well.

Things that bother me include but are not limited to: the fact that Izzy goes back pretty hard on his apparently strongest townread me, even though my play hasn't really changed; the strength of the townread given that I wasn't actually being all that town; the strength given that I'm known as being susceptible to whiteknighting; going back on the second strongest (AP) as well in an interestingly dittoy move to TSO's thought process; aaand the reasonless null read on Aegor that I snipped out.

In post 337, AngryPidgeon wrote:the lack of emotional response to Aegor from Toomai just rings wrong.

THIS is the germinaion of that scumread? Eugh.

In post 802, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 800, Aeronaut wrote:I think that Reinoe gave a safe answer. It's something to keep in mind for late game if any of the three get that far.

Why are you specifically asking him about those 2 people? He seems rather apathetic about it.

I mean if you asked me if I'd rather lynch Izariael or Ceph at this point I wouldn't be able to give you a better answer.

So there is a progression on me but not on Izzy. What do I make of this? i don't fucking know. Izzy is very much a flow opinion here and from a hypotethetical AP Aegor team thinking izzy will be an eventual NK looks pretty reasonable at that point in time.

In post 821, AngryPidgeon wrote:Ceph is too adorable to scumread right now.

:(

I don't want this stuff to be manipulative, I really really don't, but AP is probably actually aware that I have a tremendous tendency to Oh My God You Rock and townread people right back who're on my side so it is unfortunately possible ;~;

In post 1026, Izariael wrote:
In post 1023, Cephrir wrote:DJ, your defense to the points I like seems to be more than hydra dis-- it looks to me like "my hydra partner and I have no communication whatsoever to the point where they move my votes without consulting me".

Seeing as the whole point of a hydra is to have someone to bounce scumreads off who you know is town, and having seen my own communication levels in town and scum hydras, I am not a fan. It's worth noting that I didn't even think both of your heads were posting, so obviously, I cannot tell you apart. You could easily be making up a second head entirely to explain away scummy behavior from my perspective (but I doubt this is the case).

Your move back to MVP as though you never rethought it at all doesn't smell right to me.

:up: I agree with every sentence of this post. :up:

So I quoted this as part of a series on Izzy's treatment of the DJ wagon. Izzy actually pushed them very very hard and for some reason never catches any flak at all and is never actually seen as a prime mover or anything. This is odd.

In post 1009, Izariael wrote:I'm not seeing much productivity coming out of this conversation, so this will be my last post on the topic. My goal here hasn't been to push for your mislynch, it was to explain why I've found you to be scummy. It was a reply to this:
In post 980, Depraved Justice wrote:Also, Iz, you are scum reading my slot for the same reason that everyone else is right?

This is kiiiinda a strong push that's trying not to look like a strong push, I think, maybe?

In post 1265, Izariael wrote:
In post 1263, reinoe wrote:If you think "productivity" is of any relevance to this game then TSO and Toomai (and Bicephalous Bob) are vastly superior shots as they haven't done anything all game.

I'm really done talking to you at this point. You spent most of your first half this game taking care to shut T S O down and making sure his statements were lost in the fray, and now you're saying he hasn't done anything all game.

Hey look it's Izzy doing exactly the same thing to reinoe. :|

That is, pushing a lynch on a townie while painting them as useless and counterproductive and not to be listened to. I probably did the same thing at some point so I guess my license to complain about it is not that much of a thing?

In post 1529, Izariael wrote:
In post 1498, Cephrir wrote:
In post 1459, reinoe wrote: :down:
listed below
:down:

So yeah, like, this is actually a pretty good post?

No, it's really not. I'd threaten you with unflipped associative tells for this, but I'm not reinoe.

I've seen this movie before.

In post 1911, AngryPidgeon wrote:Would Reinoe/ika/ceph make sense as a team? Ika keeps making weird posts about ceph and voting other people. Reinoe is on his way out the door and keeps talking about Ceph like its hip.

The sneaky crane is probably not to be trusted.

What the fuck is this shit? I become scum here from absolutely nowheereville?? It's kinda too much for me the way this happens. First AP starts doubtcasting on me.... and then Izzy does. Even though they were my strongest defenders all game. Did AP say "hey Izzy, we need to push Ceph, we're gonna have to mislynch him"? The possibility is foremost in my thoughts, I have to admit, and that is a very AP thing to do.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3132 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:35 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 2125, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 2123, Cephrir wrote:Yeah so I'm sick of this thread see you all later.

: /, I love you Ceph.

Come back and
cuddle
talk about Toomai and Aegor with me.

In all seriousness I owe your walls a good reply when I'm not phone posting from this car.

I want to hear Izar snd scrambles reaction to recent ceph posts in the meantime

In post 2158, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 2157, Aegor wrote:I am caught up.

I really have no interest in lynching someone other than Toomai unless a compelling case is presented. That has not happened. I confess that I do not understand why so few players are voting, and the nonvoters bother me greatly.

I usually sit on my vote after D1 unless I really have a strong feeling which I don't atm.

I'm kind of pissed of that Reinoe self-voted where he did and that Ika baited them into a double hammer. I'd consider lynching Ika but he did this exact sort of thing in Xmen mafia and was town there. I want a chance to relook at Ceph and TSO Today before I commit to anything. I realize I'm not being a huge presence and that is because I am cramming for an interview tomorrow. Give me a day or two to get my head deep in this please.

Why are we being nice to me one post and bouncing ideas off me and needing to relook at me the next?
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3133 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:35 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Another issue I have with AP this game. He's a really good scumhunter, strong players, and he's just been so utterly wrong. Am I allowed to Burden of Proficiency here?
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3134 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:38 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 2760, Izariael wrote:Then I felt like going after Ceph because he's been on all 3 mislynches and seems to be quite comfortable with me in his pocket... His day 4 has a different tone than the others and he seems to be reacting strangely to the warning shots of the firing squad. There's more red flags here than all of China.

Then I felt like saying fuck it to both those options, because ika's dumb hammers have shot us in both knees.

VOTE: ika

here's the first shift to me and no surprises at all it makes me cry. I was strong town the last time Izzy posted about me.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3135 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:41 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 2790, Aegor wrote:LOL. Am I the lone townie?

I don't think this is a real thought
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3136 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:42 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In conclusion fuck me you're all scum and I don't know which of you to not vote.

I'm leaning towards AP/Izzy.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3137 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:43 pm

Post by Cephrir »

TSO, if you can't unvote me, at least now I can die knowing I tried. If you want to go down this road I will crossvote you with a heavy heart.
Bartleby the Scrivener
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3138 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:52 pm

Post by T S O »

unvote

I haven't read anything really but I'm aware you made the effort - I'll read and see where I stand.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3139 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:05 am

Post by Cephrir »

I feel like I'm the only one who still cares, which is mildly ironic after I spent half the game not caring.
Bartleby the Scrivener
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3140 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:09 am

Post by T S O »

I do, but no-one else will fucking post.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3141 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:10 am

Post by T S O »

Vote: Izariael

Fuck it, he's not even going to post, so if he's town the game's over.
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3142 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:10 am

Post by T S O »

I still think Cephrir's scum too, but I need active players to vote.
-Marquis
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3143 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:16 am

Post by Cephrir »

I'm not, but I would love to get the chance to try 3p lylo after we get today right and I think this may just be the way to do it.

I want to sit on this for a while before I completely commit to betting the game on you being town but I'm 90% going to.
Bartleby the Scrivener
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3144 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:21 am

Post by T S O »

I am town, for what it's worth.

But, you're never ever going to get me lynched because no-one gives a fuck except me, and maybe you too. That's exactly my mindset regarding you. I am not townreading you. If Izariael is scum, you're probably town, because the optimal play today for scum is to not post and not bus. Lynching you, though, is simply not an option - therefore, I'll go with Iz.
-Marquis
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3145 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:22 am

Post by Cephrir »

Did you read my walls :p

I spend half of them calling you town ya dingus
Bartleby the Scrivener
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3146 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:26 am

Post by T S O »

I know, haha, I saw them. I just felt the need to make the point anyway.
-Marquis
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3147 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:02 am

Post by Aegor »

T S O, would you be okay with my voting Iz? I need to ISO him, but I think that I am ready for this game to end.

Still bothered because I think Ceph is scum.
Currently partying at the
M A S Q U E R A D E
-- a Large Normal for 21 revelers.
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3148 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:05 am

Post by Aegor »

Wait, nvm. Not willing to vote Iz.