NY 177: Simple Complexity (GAME OVER: Scum Wins!)

Wake
Wake
Goon
Wake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5225 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:32 am

Post by Wake »

It'll be Semi-Open.

I won't reveal any roles or abilities, but will disclose the very basic structure.

01)
If 28 players, 16:4:4:4 (If 29+, it will go towards Town)
02)
Strictly Nightless
03)
Elemental Mafia
04)
Mafia Factions cannot kill one another. NKs by one factional onto another turns into an elemental "Guilty" instead.
05)
Neighborhoods. Neighborhoods everywhere.
06)
Scum have Daytalk.
07)
Every single PR will be given a personalized PT.
08)
There will be no Day extensions. If there is a wagon tie, the player that got there first is lynched.
09)
Scum in their PT and each PR in their PT will be able to put down who they want to target within those threads, and will be enacted once Day X turns to Day Y. They can choose to change their minds, do nothing, or cancel an action and state they'll do nothing. This saves the hassle up sending me PMs in a hurried manner. These guys can take all the time making up their minds as the Day progresses. Energy and time efficient.
10)
Role Madness, befitting a series dubbed 'Swirling Chaos'.
11)
There will be abilities that activate only once per game, and only during the Day. They will create chaos.
12)
No Cults, Jesters, or Bastard elements.
13)
Game's gonna be themed on
Fire
Ice
, and
Lightning

These are the bare bones of the structure.
tn5421
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #5226 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:54 am

Post by tn5421 »

tl;dr a bigger, badder usmb#5
WIP
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5227 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:57 am

Post by SilverWolf »

Sounds even more confusing than all the ability chaos in game 5.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
Wake
Wake
Goon
Wake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5228 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:35 am

Post by Wake »

I'm considering only allowing a few special abilities. Maybe more if they're simplistic. Regardless, if they're used, they'll be linked in order within each VC for easy reference.
Wake
Wake
Goon
Wake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5229 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:48 am

Post by Wake »

At this moment, I'm considering waiting with those Special Abilities (and Timesets) for now, or add only a smidgen. I'll introduce them slowly into later, themed successions of this series. This game will be explosive even without them. The first one I wanted to make under a 'Supernatural' theme, but the first should be as itself. Subsequent games will have more players added to them, and the mechanics and triggers will become more elaborate. What I will say at this point is that this game has the possibility of becoming the biggest game to date at this website.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5230 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:36 am

Post by T S O »

You are almost definitely going to have to enforce some kind of rule regarding posting amounts per player because otherwise people will simply check out, even if they say they won't.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Wake
Wake
Goon
Wake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5231 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:40 am

Post by Wake »

In post 5230, T S O wrote:You are almost definitely going to have to enforce some kind of rule regarding posting amounts per player because otherwise people will simply check out, even if they say they won't.

1) Days will last two weeks exact.
2) Prod/Replacement structure will be strictly enforced.
3) I will be actively seeking Back-up players as a precaution.
4) The Neighborhood PTs are meant to funnel some posts from the main to them, to help keep what should be said in the main thread.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #5232 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:18 am

Post by Pine »

Pre/in

In post 5224, House wrote:
In post 5223, Pine wrote:Neat. I'm in, though I'm rubbish at keeping up in larges until the population is reduced to a reasonable number. Maybe impose a wisdom of the crowds rule to hedge out players known for postspamming. They tend to kill large games

I've already /pre-inned. :p

Stalker :D
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5233 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:37 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

Wake that sounds so great.

I'd like to say that wake, at least in the time I was still alive, was a great Mod, and I will likely try to be in a lot of his games henceforth. Great job, mate.

Really though, that next game sounds awesome. Preinning
2023 W/L | 1-0
Wake
Wake
Goon
Wake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5234 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:04 pm

Post by Wake »

Thanks, guys.

I'm going to try to pick up the pace on this game's completion.

Already have the Neighborhoods and Alignments completely randomized. I want to make the Role PMs as simplistic as possible. Gotta decide which exact PRs to use and also augment the Game OP.
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5235 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:13 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 5234, Wake wrote:I want to make the Role PMs as simplistic as possible.

"You are SK gl"
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5236 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:21 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

Also, shameless plug, ask me questions for my new GTKAS
2023 W/L | 1-0
Wake
Wake
Goon
Wake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5237 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:21 pm

Post by Wake »

I considered an SK, and saw how it could kill the Mafia Factions, but then the death rate would be too great.

At least with these three 4-player factions, there's always the possibility of the Mafia targeting themselves, buying time for the Town while creating devious chaos amongst the baddies. >:)

The beauty of it is that each faction must Scumhunt, but not appear to be leading too many wagons. Since Scum cannot kill Scum they must do what they can to lead lynches on opposing Scum, while appearing genuine.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5238 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:13 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

wow i missed a lot.
tn5421
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #5239 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:30 pm

Post by tn5421 »

In post 5225, Wake wrote:It'll be Semi-Open.

I won't reveal any roles or abilities, but will disclose the very basic structure.

01)
If 28 players, 16:4:4:4 (If 29+, it will go towards Town)
02)
Strictly Nightless
03)
Elemental Mafia
04)
Mafia Factions cannot kill one another. NKs by one factional onto another turns into an elemental "Guilty" instead.
05)
Neighborhoods. Neighborhoods everywhere.
06)
Scum have Daytalk.
07)
Every single PR will be given a personalized PT.
08)
There will be no Day extensions. If there is a wagon tie, the player that got there first is lynched.
09)
Scum in their PT and each PR in their PT will be able to put down who they want to target within those threads, and will be enacted once Day X turns to Day Y. They can choose to change their minds, do nothing, or cancel an action and state they'll do nothing. This saves the hassle up sending me PMs in a hurried manner. These guys can take all the time making up their minds as the Day progresses. Energy and time efficient.
10)
Role Madness, befitting a series dubbed 'Swirling Chaos'.
11)
There will be abilities that activate only once per game, and only during the Day. They will create chaos.
12)
No Cults, Jesters, or Bastard elements.
13)
Game's gonna be themed on
Fire
Ice
, and
Lightning

These are the bare bones of the structure.

How would one pre-in for this? I would like to.
WIP
Wake
Wake
Goon
Wake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5240 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:55 pm

Post by Wake »

I guess just post here or PM me. I need to go back and write down everyone who's pre-inned so far.

Not setting a date for when this game is ready yet b/c I don't want to rush it and screw it up. :)
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5241 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:24 pm

Post by ika »

already i can point out one major flaw in that this game is severly scum sided.

if you run worst case scnaios (as you always should) town will lose its majority in one cycle

lynch town, triple kill on 3 separate towns 12:4:4:4 and town has lost their one key thing: majority. add in the fact if all 3 sides know that there isnt a wagon on one of their buddies, its VERY easy to just make a huge ass wagon out of nowhere. even on a single scum its easy to just pile on a bunch of votes out of nowhere.

ive played 3-sided factions before and its is basicly a reverse mafia game where towns NEED to rely on crosskills to have a shot.

if you wan to run this setup for real you better knwo how fast it can (and will be exploited) cus just looking at frameworks, i can break it easitly by its own devise
Wake
Wake
Goon
Wake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5242 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:29 pm

Post by Wake »

You've only seen the bare bones, ika.

Not the PRs and abilities to be used.
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5243 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:33 pm

Post by Marquis »

pls don't solve problems by adding more problems
link in bio
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5244 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:35 pm

Post by Marquis »

also i do not think it will be feasible at all for you to run a game of the size you say you are planning for.

you are far from the ceph-level kind of rep you will need to get that off the ground.
link in bio
Wake
Wake
Goon
Wake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5245 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:37 pm

Post by Wake »

If you'd like to criticize the game before it even begins, you're free to PM me. The game will happen as it is. Creating the game, I have a far better view of it then the glimpse you've been given, and that's the honest truth of it. If you want to take a decidedly negative stance on it without really knowing me or how I run my games then you can decide to not play in it and not spoil the suspense for others.
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5246 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:39 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 5244, Marquis wrote:also i do not think it will be feasible at all for you to run a game of the size you say you are planning for.

you are far from the ceph-level kind of rep you will need to get that off the ground.

:roll:
2023 W/L | 1-0
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5247 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:49 pm

Post by ika »

In post 5242, Wake wrote:You've only seen the bare bones, ika.

your missing the point.

no matter what PRs or abilites you have, you always should run worst case scnario. you assume that PRs and abilities will counteract it, and yes it most likely will but what happens if in the 1% that it doesnt and what i shows happens (the town lynch+triple kill)? the balance is ruined and town lost what is argubly their most powerful weapon: the living majority

i have seen this kind of setup framework used before and it does not bold well. your missing the fact that i am an offsiter where the setups were mechanics and prs alone.

so if you want to ignore the adivce of EXPERINCED mods and that it can be broken very easily then go right ahead.
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5248 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:51 pm

Post by ika »

wake i know this setup already and can esitmate half of them.

there was even dicussion in the open setup about this with lamma how "nk turns into guilties" is inherently scumsided

i could run so many base scnarios with a basic idea of even simple prs on how fast it can be favored to one side
Wake
Wake
Goon
Wake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5249 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:54 pm

Post by Wake »

In post 5247, ika wrote:
In post 5242, Wake wrote:You've only seen the bare bones, ika.

your missing the point.

no matter what PRs or abilites you have, you always should run worst case scnario. you assume that PRs and abilities will counteract it, and yes it most likely will but what happens if in the 1% that it doesnt and what i shows happens (the town lynch+triple kill)? the balance is ruined and town lost what is argubly their most powerful weapon: the living majority

i have seen this kind of setup framework used before and it does not bold well. your missing the fact that i am an offsiter where the setups were mechanics and prs alone.

so if you want to ignore the adivce of EXPERINCED mods and that it can be broken very easily then go right ahead.

I think you rush to judgment far too quickly. I have been modding games for at least 6 years.

Do you honestly think I haven't been carefully writing and rewriting this game for the last 6 months?

You come in here, look at the very bare bones of this game in the making, and you make the worst assumptions imaginable.

Have some faith, ika.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”