NY 179: Cute and Fluffy Mafia (Town Win)

TheDudeAbides
TheDudeAbides
Goon
TheDudeAbides
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3025 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:04 am

Post by TheDudeAbides »

The only lynch I'm upset about is the NJ lynch since he seemed townish and we had the 4 shot fruit vendor to lynch.
". . . for reasons that nobody really understands at the time—and which never explain, in retrospect, what actually happened."
-Thompson.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3026 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:36 am

Post by Garmr »

Tba I'm glad naked jogger got lynched I was planning to lynch the fruit vendor eventually anyway I was just trying to find a scum buddy that didn't exist.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3027 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:00 am

Post by Garmr »

Can I ask through why didn't you kill me It would of made your night kills easier as nothing would point back to you.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3028 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:22 am

Post by Nero Cain »

*flexes*
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3029 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:31 am

Post by Nero Cain »

good job team.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

The Dream Weaver
The Dream Weaver
Goon
The Dream Weaver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3030 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:08 am

Post by The Dream Weaver »

VoteCount 8.2

dragonspawn (0):

Garmr (0):

Kthxbye (3):
Nero Cain, Garmr, Kthxbye
Nero Cain (0):

TheDudeAbides (0):

Not Voting
- dragonspawn, TheDudeAbides

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.

Kthxbye was a
mafia fruit vendor
Last edited by The Dream Weaver on Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Dream Weaver
The Dream Weaver
Goon
The Dream Weaver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3031 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:08 am

The town of Albert B. Rampage, d3x, dragonspawn, DrippingGoofball, evilpacman18, Garmr, NakedJogger, I Am Innocent, Kid A, killapenwin, Nero Cain, PeaceBringer, randomidget, TheDudeAbides, and TellTaleHeart have won.

Setup Notes

Spoiler:
M. Watcher
M. Fruit Vendor
M. Goon
M. Goon

Jailkeeper
Odd Night Tracker
Even Night Rolecop
2 Masons
3 Town Neighbors
7 VT

The main premise of this setup was to reward good play and punish poor play. I wanted both teams to be able to outplay each other with night actions, but I didn't want them to be bound by it. I wanted town to be able to catch mafia with investigation roles, but I also didn't want the mafia team to be caught in a position where they couldn't defend themselves against it.

The main focus of this setup was the inclusion of a tracker and rolecop pairing. I wanted them to be weak individually, but strong if combined or coordinated. I also wanted to include a four person scumteam with at least two power roles. The idea was to make more than one member of the team important and give them some incentive to protect each other.

In order to make the Rolecop significant without overpowering it, I tried to only include roles that would make sense for the town as either alignment. In essence, the Rolecop could verify a claim or look into questionable play, but could not incriminate someone off a lucky check. The Jailkeeper was added as extra town investigative power and minimal protective power to compensate for the lack of town protective and killing roles. The Jailkeeper was heavily risk-reward as it could decide to protect a claimed investigative role at the cost of the investigative role's action or let it risk a nightkill as it tries to block scum. I was unsure as to include two masons, two VT's, or one IC and a VT, but I ultimately decided on the masons because I was concerned about whether the town could handle the scumteam. If I could do it again, I'd probably make the masons a single IC.

The Mafia Fruit Vendor is a role I wanted to use in the last setup I ran, but it just didn't fit. Since this setup includes a Rolecop, I thought a Fruit Vendor could be used because it would be less incriminating than an X-Shot Strongman or Roleblocker. I also thought it would give the scumteam extra incentive to make sure at least two mafia members make it towards the end game, as a confirmed Fruit Vendor would have a strong case to be townread and listened to. I also included a 3 Town Neighborhood. This was mainly used to throw a little bit of suspicion on both the Masons and the Neighbors. There was some concern regarding town having too much private ability to communicate amongst each other, but I felt if they were able to all townread each other correctly, a five person masonry would be a just reward for their play. On the flip side, I felt lynching a mason or purging the neighborhood would adequately punish the town by helping the scumteam achieve mislynches.

The Mafia Watcher was included as an extra investigative role for the scumteam to deal with all the power roles, act as a viable claim, and prevent the investigative roles from clearing each other in a mass claim.

On paper, I felt this was a pretty fair game for either team and could swing a number of ways depending on how it was played. However, I know I'm a bit biased because I was the one who created it and would love to hear what you, the players, have to say about it.

Game Notes

Spoiler:
Firstly, I'm sorry about all the replacements and I'd like to thank Ika, Kthxbye, StrangerCoug, NakedJogger, and TellTaleHeart for replacing in. I'd also like to thank Flubbernugget for sticking it out despite seeing all of his other teammates getting replaced.

In the beginning, I felt scum had the upper hand. Town mislynched one of their power roles on Day 1 and scum were able to find the Jailkeeper on Night 1 by watching DGB. However, I felt they were hampered by extremely poor day play, which allowed town to find each other and the scumteam. I did think Kthxbye was able to garner a lot of townreads with his voice and his role, but his fate seemed to be sealed the instant his last teammate got lynched. Had another teammate survived longer, I think he could have played off the idea of him being a full town fruit vendor. Instead, he got forced into a necessary limited fakeclaim and NakedJogger pounded him for it. I was mostly disappointed by scum's refusal to fakeclaim because I thought at least the watcher would be able to realclaim and say he was lurking so he wouldn't get nightkilled or something.

If I had to choose a town MVP, I'd choose Nero. I felt his reads were pretty spot on this game and not only was he able to fight off a botched cop gambit, he was a major proponent of every scum lynch. He also saw through my red herrings and didn't let them cloud his judgement.

Sadly, aside from the neighborhoods, I didn't think the town power role play was that interesting. I felt TellTaleHeart played extremely well and caught StrangerCoug, but I don't think it was because of her role. I also think her getting nightkilled was a testament to how much of a threat she became despite being in the game for just a short time. The Jailkeeper didn't even send in a Night 2 action and got wrecked by the scumteam.

All in all, it was still a fun game to watch and I hope you enjoyed playing in it. I look forward to seeing you all in future games as both moderators and fellow players.

Private Topics

Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3032 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:25 am

Post by Garmr »

Don't tell nero he was mvp that will just feed his ego ;/
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3033 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:31 am

Post by Garmr »

Now i think about it if both dbg and nero were town the fake cop guilty could of ruined it for town -__-
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3034 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:43 am

Post by Garmr »

Also hey I did scum read strange cougar and thought flubber was better off dead and to top it off I pushed ktnx in the end so I haven't been off all game long.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3035 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:44 am

Post by Garmr »

#stillhadbetterreadsthandex
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3036 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:45 am

Post by Garmr »

Tbh through the set up was really town sided I would drop the mason put a innocent child and probs drop the jail keeper.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3037 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:47 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 3032, Garmr wrote:Don't tell nero he was mvp that will just feed his ego ;/

my ego is hungry but TTH and IAI really helped out so we can be a three headed MVP

Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3038 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:49 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 3037, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 3032, Garmr wrote:Don't tell nero he was mvp that will just feed his ego ;/

my ego is hungry but TTH and IAI really helped out so we can be a three headed MVP

yeh got to admit tth was on the ball and I was kinda pissed off at your taunting so like a kid I threw a tantrum and stopped working with you. I was convinced that there was another scum member through.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3039 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:53 am

Post by Garmr »

I would also throw another scum member in there to even the odds a bit if you really want to keep the jailor.
TheDudeAbides
TheDudeAbides
Goon
TheDudeAbides
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3040 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:54 am

Post by TheDudeAbides »

It just seems town sided because of how shitty the scum team played.
". . . for reasons that nobody really understands at the time—and which never explain, in retrospect, what actually happened."
-Thompson.
TheDudeAbides
TheDudeAbides
Goon
TheDudeAbides
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3041 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:59 am

Post by TheDudeAbides »

I mean they left the person who pushed the lynches on scum and the masons alive to end game and 3/4 of them were content to do next to nothing.
-Thompson.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3042 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:02 am

Post by Garmr »

@tda if you didn't notice town was also bickering amongst themselves as well. Everyone played bad except tell tale,ds and I hate to say it nero did well.

Also scum leaving masons alive was the right decision at that point the really needed town to lynch from the neighbor hood or the masons themselves. You had people like naked jogger and dex wanting to lynch us but not enough for the actual push unfortunately for them.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3043 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:05 am

Post by Nero Cain »

btw, thanks for naming me MVP.

TheDudeAbides
TheDudeAbides
Goon
TheDudeAbides
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3044 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:07 am

Post by TheDudeAbides »

Town always bicker amongst themselves. That's not indicative of bad play. Bad play would have been lynching the masons or purging the neighbourhood. The scum relying on that was a bad idea.
-Thompson.
The Dream Weaver
The Dream Weaver
Goon
The Dream Weaver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3045 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:12 am

In post 3036, Garmr wrote:Tbh through the set up was really town sided I would drop the mason put a innocent child and probs drop the jail keeper.

I still like the Jailkeeper. I'd prefer to drop the confirmable town roles and/or give the scumteam more power than remove it.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3046 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:13 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 3043, Nero Cain wrote:btw, thanks for naming me MVP.

It's fine you/we needed it after you could be anyone 2 we both lost in that game and we were both in different factions lol. Still that game hurts since we were that close to winning and we had the chance twice (strange cougar not lynching and nachomama not thinking at all and mislynching.) Feels real good to beat strange cougar through :)

@tda I was up for some neighborhood purge at one point I changed my mind and instead decided to purge people outside the neighborhood instead.

@dreamweaver how give the innocent child killer role to a townie lol.
The Dream Weaver
The Dream Weaver
Goon
The Dream Weaver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3047 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:15 am

I agree with TDA. I thought town played well. Town bickering amongst themselves is expected. I feel scum got a little overconfident with Nero's cop gambit and town really turned it around on them. I think DGB owning up to the mistake and StrangerCoug awkwardly avoiding the wagon on Albert was the turning point of the game.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3048 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:17 am

Post by Garmr »

I thought I could stop the wagon on abr with telltales help through. It was just so obvious it was fake.
The Dream Weaver
The Dream Weaver
Goon
The Dream Weaver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3049 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:23 am

In post 3046, Garmr wrote:@dreamweaver how give the innocent child killer role to a townie lol.

I don't know.

I still had a non-normal slot left available, but I don't know what it would accomplish. At most, the innocent child killer could just claim/crumb similarly to a PGO or a miller would and act as an informed townie. If played well, they act as masons. At worst, the innocent child killer lets the innocent child die and confirms himself.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”