NY 179: Cute and Fluffy Mafia (Town Win)

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3000 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:08 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2999, Kthxbye wrote:For me to be scum, I not only voted for the lynch of each of the flipped scum, my supposed scum buddies, but I also made 2 of the dumbest NK's in the history of would be scum. I'd have had to NK RM, which makes zero sense as he would have been an easy mislynch considering he was the scummiest player in this game. I'd also have had to NK DGB last night who was, in her words, "totally convinced that Kthzx is town". Before anyone of you that is town votes for my lynch, answer in thread why the fuck a scum-me would kill a town DGB who was town reading me. Answer that so in case the game isn't over with my mis-lynch, town has on record your flimsy reasoning so it gives us the best chance at winning the game.

See, here's the thing. You are saying that you can't be scum 'cause you lynched your buddies. You are also claiming that you you wouldn't have shot DGB b/c she was town reading you. All this is true for me as well but you are saying that I'm capable of such things. Its p hypocritical and there's a cong dis in "this is a towntell for me but not for you" So yeah, I think its just scum pushing back on me. I've already brought this up before and (SURPRISE SURPRISE!) you didn't respond to it.

DGB is literally the only shot you could have made last night. You could not have shot either of me or TDA b/c it compromises your position that "scum HAVE to be in the hood 'cause no one has died from it" and Garmr/DS represent your best chance in pulling out a lynch on me/TDA.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3001 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:11 am

Post by dragonspawn »

Grmer, what's your read list?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3002 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:11 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Basically, Garmr represents the tiebreaker. TDA is likely going to vote you and DS is going to vote me for whatever silly ass reason. If Garmr chooses me and the game is not over lynch the fuck out of kthx tomorrow. If it was TDA then good job man.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3003 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:01 am

Post by dragonspawn »

I haven't made a decision who I'm voting for Nero.

I may even vote kth at this point.
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3004 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:48 am

Post by Kthxbye »

In post 3000, Nero Cain wrote:See, here's the thing. You are saying that you can't be scum 'cause you lynched your buddies. You are also claiming that you you wouldn't have shot DGB b/c she was town reading you. All this is true for me as well but you are saying that I'm capable of such things. Its p hypocritical and there's a cong dis in "this is a towntell for me but not for you" So yeah, I think its just scum pushing back on me. I've already brought this up before and (SURPRISE SURPRISE!) you didn't respond to it.

DGB is literally the only shot you could have made last night. You could not have shot either of me or TDA b/c it compromises your position that "scum HAVE to be in the hood 'cause no one has died from it" and Garmr/DS represent your best chance in pulling out a lynch on me/TDA.

So, here's the thing. You're doing the exact same shit. Your defense since getting ABR lynched with a fake claim is 'but I keep lynching scum so I'm not scum". The difference between DGB town reading you and town reading me is everyone is town reading you where as only DGB really came out and said she was totally convinced I was town. You calling me hypocritical is fucking hypocritical. You came out the gate with a vote on me. That's scummy. You saying you're so obv town cuz you were on scum lynches while pushing for my lynch is the exact same shit you are calling me hypocritical for. It's a fucking loop of blame Nero.

So, look at where I'm at. Scum obviously NK'ed DGB to get her not voting me and voting either you or TDA. You saying I would have killed her because it was my only option? Seriously, get the fuck outa here with that bullshit. If I were scum, I would have NK'ed a mason over fucking RM, and NK'ed the other mason last night leaving me alive surrounded by 2 scummy ass neighbors and 3 scummy ass players. Saying scum me makes the RM and the DBG NK's cuz it was "literally the only shot I could have made" is prolly the dumbest thing I've seen on MS to date. Hell, as scum I could have offed the rest of the neighborhood and been left surround RM, DGB, and NJ right now. Scum me leaving a town Nero alive makes less than no sense.

If you aren't scum, it's TDA. With both of you pushing my lynch over looking to each other though.....I am more getting the feeling that you're both scum and this game is about to be over.
If you think I'm scum D1, bet all your money I'm town.
The Dream Weaver
The Dream Weaver
Goon
The Dream Weaver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3005 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:06 am

Post by The Dream Weaver »

VoteCount 8.1

dragonspawn (0):

Garmr (0):

Kthxbye (1):
Nero Cain
Nero Cain (0):

TheDudeAbides (0):

Not Voting
- dragonspawn, Garmr, Kthxbye, TheDudeAbides

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.

Day 8 ends in (expired on 2015-04-03 14:00:00)

In post 2997, Kthxbye wrote:
@MOD: Just to confirm, this isn't a bastard game correct?

If someone has a town mason role PM with another player, there's no chance (if this game not being a bastard is true) that said other player could be scum? Both would be town correct?

This game's not bastard.

Yes.
TheDudeAbides
TheDudeAbides
Goon
TheDudeAbides
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3006 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:08 am

Post by TheDudeAbides »

kthx, you do realize that you weren't on the kthx lynch wagon right?
That I would have also had to have killed RM.
And DGB when she was town reading me and willing to sheep me.

The problem is that your case that you are town can't be any good because it has to apply to scum in this game.
No matter who the scum is.

What I can't decide is if Nero is scum who's kept me alive with the plan of it being between him and me in LYLO or if kthx is the scum who's left nero and I and the masons alive in the hope that paranoia of the masons and between Nero and I would lead town lynches, and and then try to win in LYLO with the there must be scum in the hood argument. I'm inclined to think that it's kthx since this pretty well matches the sort of reasoning that he's been pushing, and his Nero/TDA must be scum since they aren't suspicious of one another just seems like he's disappointed that we aren't going after each other, and so is grasping at straws to build suspicion of us.
". . . for reasons that nobody really understands at the time—and which never explain, in retrospect, what actually happened."
-Thompson.
TheDudeAbides
TheDudeAbides
Goon
TheDudeAbides
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3007 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:09 am

Post by TheDudeAbides »

I've been reading a little. I'd like everyone to look at page 29.
". . . for reasons that nobody really understands at the time—and which never explain, in retrospect, what actually happened."
-Thompson.
dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3008 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:24 am

Post by dragonspawn »

In post 3007, TheDudeAbides wrote:I've been reading a little. I'd like everyone to look at page 29.

I looked at it. what did you want me to see there
TheDudeAbides
TheDudeAbides
Goon
TheDudeAbides
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3009 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:34 am

Post by TheDudeAbides »

In post 3008, dragonspawn wrote:
In post 3007, TheDudeAbides wrote:I've been reading a little. I'd like everyone to look at page 29.

I looked at it. what did you want me to see there

I thought it was pretty clear.
I'll answer later.
-Thompson.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3010 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:55 pm

Post by Garmr »

To be honest judging from the way ktnx is acting today.

ktnx
nero/tda=
dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3011 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:20 pm

Post by dragonspawn »

If you had to choose between Nero and tda which one would you choose?
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3012 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:39 pm

Post by Garmr »

prob nero but like 51 to 49. Him trying to put us down as scums helpers earlier in the game and stopping that sounds more like him gloating.
TheDudeAbides
TheDudeAbides
Goon
TheDudeAbides
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3013 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:13 pm

Post by TheDudeAbides »

Looking over the end of the Ika lynch - after Ika self-votes Nero switches to RM, citing the deadline, later he changes back to RM, and kthx switches to Ika.
If Nero is Ika's buddy, I don't see why he would make that move, and risking possible awkwardness later, after busing.
On the other hand, I can easily see kthx deciding to bus at that moment.
-Thompson.
TheDudeAbides
TheDudeAbides
Goon
TheDudeAbides
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3014 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:42 pm

Post by TheDudeAbides »

Nero's ballsy play on the day of the ABR lynch seems townish, and this
In post 1866, Kthxbye wrote:So...I saw neighborhood cop claim with an investigation. I know DGB was pushing pretty damn hard to get that claim and I wanna know why. Like NJ, you tell us you have a guilty on ABR but you ALSO said you were a vig yesterday, so you'll pardon me if I don't immediately believe you. Something is fishy about this whole full claim without the full claim. If you're a neighborhood cop, you have innocents for as well I assume? Why did you not include those in your claim the first time?

All that said, I'm up for lynching ABR without any sort of claim so.....

VOTE: ABR

Albert B. Rampage (6): Dripping Goofball, Nero Cain, TheDudeAbides, I Am Innocent, NakedJogger, kthxbye
Garmr (1): d3x
Nero Cain (6): Garmr, dragonspawn, Albert B. Rampage, Flubbernugget, StrangerCoug, randomidget,
StrangerCoug (1): TellTaleHeart

doesn't.
-Thompson.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3015 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:46 pm

Post by Garmr »

That kinda suggest to me that ktnx knew that abr would flip town. Time to test if there really are two scum

VOTE: ktnx
TheDudeAbides
TheDudeAbides
Goon
TheDudeAbides
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3016 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:47 pm

Post by TheDudeAbides »

Hi
-Thompson.
TheDudeAbides
TheDudeAbides
Goon
TheDudeAbides
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3017 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:49 pm

Post by TheDudeAbides »

N1 kill I don't understand. Probably power-role hunting.
I assume scum watched DGB N1, saw Kid A, killed Kid A N2.
TTH kill makes a lot more sense from kthx than from Nero, since TTH was defending Nero.
-Thompson.
TheDudeAbides
TheDudeAbides
Goon
TheDudeAbides
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3018 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:50 pm

Post by TheDudeAbides »

The watcher could have also seen TTH N2.
-Thompson.
TheDudeAbides
TheDudeAbides
Goon
TheDudeAbides
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3019 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:58 pm

Post by TheDudeAbides »

I'm at page 80.
I'm going to finish reading, and then I'm voting.
Currently, I would vote kthx. I'd also be happy to hammer him.
-Thompson.
TheDudeAbides
TheDudeAbides
Goon
TheDudeAbides
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3020 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:06 pm

Post by TheDudeAbides »

In post 2029, Nero Cain wrote:given that I've never made any real claim I am a town neighbor.

At this point I fully expect to get lynched and ok I can understand. I was trying to do what I felt was best for the town and it sorta backfired on me.

SC and Flubber are still scum though.

Here's Nero at L-1 bussing SC and Flubber.
This could be from distancing scum.
-Thompson.
TheDudeAbides
TheDudeAbides
Goon
TheDudeAbides
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3021 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:08 pm

Post by TheDudeAbides »

But Nero had scum reads on them from earlier, so it's not surprising.
In post 1454, Nero Cain wrote:
most willing to lynch

2. Ika
17. randomidget
4. dragonspawn
1. Albert B. Rampage
8. StrangerCoug
9. Flubbernugget
13. Kid A
12. I Am Innocent
19. TellTaleHeart
16. PeaceBringer
6. DrippingGoofball
10. Garmr
11. NakedJogger
18. TheDudeAbides
3. d3x
5. Kthxbye
15. Nero Cain

least willing to lynch
-Thompson.
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3022 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:25 pm

Post by Kthxbye »

GG
VOTE: kthxbye

I honestly didn't think I'd make it this long.

After my scum team decided not to fight to live or play in a manner that wouldn't get them suspect, I knew it was a loss. Pretty disheartened by it actually. Once I was the only one left and I couldn't fruit and kill, it was game over.

NK's were just to mess with you all and to give me the slightest chance.

If I coulda talked my way outa death today, I was planning on a No Kill and fruiting TDA. Then when he comes in tomorrow with 'I got fruited last night and there was no kill, kthx is scum', I'd have been all like, 'yeah, scum fruit vendor me fruited you instead on killed a mason' or something to that effect. Alas, it wasn't meant to be.

Ah well.

MOD: I know I said I was gonna toughen this out and not give up, but it's just too obvious. I'm tired of trying to swim with no legs. Sorry. Fun game all in all.
If you think I'm scum D1, bet all your money I'm town.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3023 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:28 pm

Post by Garmr »

it was fine ktnx you did well it was kinda obvious you were buddying dex through when you look back at it.
TheDudeAbides
TheDudeAbides
Goon
TheDudeAbides
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3024 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:30 pm

Post by TheDudeAbides »

WOO HOO
-Thompson.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”