Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:30 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Setael's vote was the third in a direct series of attacks and posts that could cast suspicion on Fernando. The second post (and first vote, showing initiative) could not really be considered opportunistic, although that doesn't mean he's *not* scum, obviously. However, Setael was the second post and third in a series of attacks, so I would say that definitely falls under a variation on Jeep's Tells.

CA, you clearly don't know what "opportunistic" means, if you think it's opportunistic that I directed attention at Setael's actions rather than letting him slide under the radar and jumping on a wagon of suspicion that I had already started. If there ever was an opportunity for me, it was to place the third vote after finding out that two other people agreed with my post about lurker hunting, pushing him to a claim. I could then have pointed out that it was I who first made the counter-argument against him and have wiggled my way out of suspicion for it.
*That*
would be opportunistic...
Permanent V/LA.
ChocolateAttack
ChocolateAttack
Goon
ChocolateAttack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:26 am

Post by ChocolateAttack »

And how do u explain about you appear right after someone wanted to prod u for 3days absents?
TylerJ
TylerJ
Goon
TylerJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:04 am

Post by TylerJ »

Fernando doesn't seem suspicious but those who jumped on him do.

It seems that Mafia is rather experienced because they have yet to make a noticeable mistakes. I looked through all of the posts, but nothing has popped up yet.
├óÔé¼┼ôVery few of us are what we seem.├óÔé¼
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:35 am

ChocolateAttack wrote:And how do u explain about you appear right after someone wanted to prod u for 3days absents?
Easy. I'm in another game in Little Italy that I also hadn't posted in yet, and that mod prodded me. If you go check that game, you'll note that I posted in both games at about the same time, because I noticed this one after going to check on the other one.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:36 am

TylerJ wrote:Fernando doesn't seem suspicious but those who jumped on him do.

It seems that Mafia is rather experienced because they have yet to make a noticeable mistakes. I looked through all of the posts, but nothing has popped up yet.
This post is bullshit. I'm the only experienced player here, and I couldn't be mafia with myself.
Permanent V/LA.
thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:36 am

Post by thinktank »

not necessarily. The assumption that they have yet to make mistakes is based on your conclusion that their playing logically and are also experienced. That doesnt necessarily have to be true. They could just as easily new and playing erraticly. I' think a closer look at the two current camps is necessary at the moment.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:15 pm

Post by ryan »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:

This post is bullshit. I'm the only experienced player here, and I couldn't be mafia with myself.
Just because you are experienced doesn't have anything to do with anything. I don't believe you've said enough to make a mistake so Tyler's comment is moot.
[i]Please remove your head from your ass before you vote.[/i]
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:53 pm

I'm not saying that I'm not scum just because of Tyler's comment. What I'm saying is that there aren't enough experienced players in the game for the mafia to be all experienced.
Permanent V/LA.
thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:48 am

Post by thinktank »

thinktank wrote:

not necessarily. The assumption that they have yet to make mistakes is based on your conclusion that their playing logically and are also experienced. That doesnt necessarily have to be true. They could just as easily new and playing erraticly. I' think a closer look at the two current camps is necessary at the moment.
Well therefore in response to MoS. refer back to my post from before. Therefore we shouldnt necessarily be looking for logical, complex plays. Perhaps we're overlooking plays which we think are so unbelievably simple that it is fooling us townies.
FeRnAnDo
FeRnAnDo
Goon
FeRnAnDo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:48 pm

Post by FeRnAnDo »

sorry i'm not used to that WIFOM stuff, i admit my mistake, lurker hunting can be used on both ways. However, it is still pro-game, since it gets people to talk. btw wasn't saying anything like 'look how town i am', but i'm amazed how both Tylerj and DS made some shortlined posts and sent some votes soaring at me.

FoS: Tylerj and DS

I'll
unvote: MoS
since he's active now.
Never discuss with an idiot, he'll take it to his level and win due to experience.

In sports, it's not important to win or lose, but to get drunk.
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:33 am

Post by DeathSauce »

I was being honest, I hate day one WIFOM. It happens all the time, but it doesn't mean I have to like it.

In the meantime, I find ChocolateAttack's grammar painful, and his vote-jumping weird and suspicious, so I'll lay a heavy HoS:ChocolateAttack.
TylerJ
TylerJ
Goon
TylerJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:02 am

Post by TylerJ »

Fernando you are actually FOSing me.

I merely ment by my last post that the mafia was doing rather good right now.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:46 pm

How do you know the mafia is doing rather good right now? Only the mafia know how they are doing, since it is still D1.
Permanent V/LA.
TylerJ
TylerJ
Goon
TylerJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:24 pm

Post by TylerJ »

Your serious???

From the games I have played, mafia usually make some noticeable mistakes within the first three pages. I was just comparing to those games.

I don't think that post was worthy of an FOS. Consequently, MoS, your jumping the gun and trying to point out others faults. You did the same with CA, but left out the FOS.

Fernando you seem a little too defensive with your last post. something I think is ungrounded. You FOS'ed me for voting for you when I did the exact opposite. I didn't think that your post was guilt ridden but people jumped on you. Consequently, they seemed suspicious. Your Paranoia seems scummy.

FOS: Fernando
Vote: MoS

Fernando, I never voted for you. Sure, my post was short, but I gave my reasons, regardless of length. Also, Fernando, I said that you
didn't
look suspicious but those who started pointing fingers at you for something that wasn't worthy of guilt.
TylerJ
TylerJ
Goon
TylerJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:42 pm

Post by TylerJ »

ohh, I thought I had actually accidently deleted the bottom paragraph. Oops.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:51 pm

TylerJ wrote:Your serious???

From the games I have played, mafia usually make some noticeable mistakes within the first three pages. I was just comparing to those games.

I don't think that post was worthy of an FOS. Consequently, MoS, your jumping the gun and trying to point out others faults. You did the same with CA, but left out the FOS.
What are you trying to say here? I haven't FoSed anyone all game...why are you saying I'm FoSing people, and why are you voting me for it?

As for the games *you've* played, I don't think you're the expert around here. You joined, what, a month ago? Unless you're an alt, I think I know how games work around here more than you. You sound like one of those guys who is used to games finishing in like 4 weeks instead of 4 months.

Scum almost
NEVER
make a noticable mistake in the first three pages, much less the first ten. Trust me on this. If you think the scum is playing well to not get caught after 3 pages, you're dreaming.
Permanent V/LA.
ChocolateAttack
ChocolateAttack
Goon
ChocolateAttack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:15 am

DeathSauce wrote:I was being honest, I hate day one WIFOM. It happens all the time, but it doesn't mean I have to like it.

In the meantime, I find ChocolateAttack's grammar painful, and his vote-jumping weird and suspicious, so I'll lay a heavy HoS:ChocolateAttack.
I know i got bad grammar so plz bare wit me, also did i mention im ESL.

My vote wasn't weird, i did have my reason and did you noticed i usually vote for inactive player but when they post with concrete reason, i unvote them and fos for coincidently appear right after that.
ChocolateAttack
ChocolateAttack
Goon
ChocolateAttack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:16 am

Mod: can we please get a vote count, thanks!
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:20 am

Post by xyzzy »

Vote Count Number Three (Five to lynch)Setael (thinktank, MoS)
Tylerj (ryan)
FeRnAnDo (DeathSauce, Setael)
MoS (ChocolateAttack, TylerJ)
ChocolateAttack (Mr.PiGG)

Not voting: FeRnAnDo

The town threw accusation after accusation at each other, attacking anything they could find - and for good reason; there was Mafia about, and they couldn't guarantee any resources available. Everyone had their suspicions... but were those suspicions correct? Only time would tell if the Mafia would overtake the village...
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:46 am

Post by DeathSauce »

I thought you were probably ESL, sorry about that. The text abbreviations are a little annoying, though.

I still claim your behavior to be suspicious. If you vote to pressure a lurker, you can't be suspicious of them just because your tactic works and they stop lurking.
TylerJ
TylerJ
Goon
TylerJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:22 am

Post by TylerJ »

My apologies MoS. You never did FOS anyone. Perhaps you are right and things do take longer here. After all, this is my first game on this specific site.

I still think your are jumping the gun by pointing fingers and making accusations. So as of now, my vote remains.

I will ask though, please be a little less hostile. And if the same can be asked about me, then ask.
TylerJ
TylerJ
Goon
TylerJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:24 am

Post by TylerJ »

perhaps this will strengthen your opinion of my Newbie status MoS. What is WIFOM.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:49 am

Post by ryan »

Unvote/Vote: Mastermind of Sin

Your statement that scum never make mistakes in the first three pages is just stupid. I've seen lynches happen after two pages and scum get outed by saying stupid things. I'm interested in where this wagon leads.
[i]Please remove your head from your ass before you vote.[/i]
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:09 pm

TylerJ wrote:My apologies MoS. You never did FOS anyone. Perhaps you are right and things do take longer here. After all, this is my first game on this specific site.

I still think your are jumping the gun by pointing fingers and making accusations. So as of now, my vote remains.

I will ask though, please be a little less hostile. And if the same can be asked about me, then ask.
So you think we should all passively sit by and just wait for a scum to do something bad? You have to point out what people do wrong and find alternative motives for how they act, or they really will be able to coast through the game.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:10 pm

ryan wrote:
Unvote/Vote: Mastermind of Sin

Your statement that scum never make mistakes in the first three pages is just stupid. I've seen lynches happen after two pages and scum get outed by saying stupid things. I'm interested in where this wagon leads.
ORLY? Please, link me to a game where scum got outed in the first three pages. For every game you find on this site, I'll link you to 100 games where they didn't out themselves in the first three pages. Bring it.
Permanent V/LA.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”