theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:05 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

Trojan Horse

* Votes Blackstrike
* No shit
Trojan wrote:To weigh in on what has been discussed; obviously, our top priority is lynching either culties or mafia.
Also I get an early vibe of following, CKD prods MoS, Trojan then posts
Trojan wrote:Hmm... lemme go see if MoS is posting elsewhere.

Trojan wrote:Okay, MoS posted a bunch of times (in other games) yesterday evening. So he's definitely around.

* Removes vote from Blackstrike. Note to self to see if there's any inconsistency in his thoughts on claims
Trojan wrote:I had a thought: how on earth are we going to handle claims at the start of the game? Once we've reached a consensus on who is scummy, should we demand a claim from that person? If we do, and that person says "townie", we're in a bit of a pickle. It may well be best to lynch them; they may be lying, and even if they're not, it'll deny the cult a possible recruit.
* Excuse for not finding scum, plus early defence of Flame.
Trojan wrote:I am now realizing what I always realize when I play in the scumchat room; my scumdar is broken. I don't know about this bandwagon on Flameaxe; to me, he hasn't acted any scummier than anyone else. Then again, I don't know who else to go after.
* Moves his eye onto Tyhess, for acting weird. Seems afraid to attack him mind, infact I can't make any sense of the below aside from thinking it's scummy.
Trojan wrote:My eye right now is on tyhess. I agree with pwayne, he has been acting "weird". Thing is, he just joined the forums, and he's been acting like the typical newbie so far. So is he just a newbie town, or a newbie scum? RRR... if he'd been here for a few weeks already, I'd probably be voting for him now. Not sure I can attack him for newbness though.
* Next post votes Tyhess, almost seems joking. Wants to see how he reacts.
* Very next post he makes he unvotes, quotes he still looks newbish but not scummy. Wish he'd make his mind up, ever so wishy-washy. Note another link with Flame in 9.
* Post 11 - his gut tells him Tyhess is scummy yet again and he votes him.
* Calls me slighty scummy, doesn't at least jump on the wagon.
* Posts his scumdar, I'm going to quote all of these because I think they will probably be important
Trojan wrote:Mastermind of Sin: So far, seems to have been playing exactly as per form, except for the fact that he didn't jump in until some time had passed. Unusual for a veteran like him, but perhaps he just forgot about this game.

Oman: Okay, I finally took a closer look at the "duel" between MoS and Oman a few pages back. So, Oman was suspicious of flameaxe and theo, while MoS was not so

suspicious of them, and that set Oman off. Or something like that. (I'm a bit more confused about it now than I was before I read it.) That "duel" didn't make either

of them seem more or less scummy to me.

ac1983fan: Hard to pick up on scumtells when there are so few posts to analyze. Perhaps a "come on now, talk" vote is in order. I'll think about it.

vollkan: Seems to be the most reasonable player so far. I really hope he's not scum.

Dr. Blackstrike: Dare I say it, his game has been the most similar to mine so far, outside of that faulty strategy comment at the start. An occasional post to say

that he hasn't picked up on much yet, but that he's still looking. Guess I'd be the uber-hypocrite if I attacked him for that.

curiouskarmadog: Middle of the road. Haven't picked up on anything unusual yet.

pwayne66: Was one of those that helped disarm the early bandwagon on Dr. Blackstrike, and rightfully so. Then again, if the Doctor does turn up scum, this will be a

mark on pwayne. Just something to file in the memory banks for later.

If I was really cruel, I'd pull out an LAL vote for pwayne, since he said he wouldn't post all weekend, then proceeded to post.

tyhess: Still the newb, and still my vote, though I give him a slightly lower scumdar rating now than I did before. I'm open to alternatives.

Flameaxe: Was subject to an early bandwagon. I didn't quite buy the reasons for it at the time, and I still don't. Oy vey... I'm starting to realize that I've put

most people into the "possibly scummy, but no hard evidence, I dunno" category, including Flameaxe. I gotta kick this scumdar again.

White (r. Rump-Wat): Man. He's posting way differently as White than he did as Rump-Wat. Maybe he got recruited during the day?

Seriously though, White has a much better scumdar than I do if MoS turns out to be scum. I really don't want to jump on that bandwagon, considering MoS seems to be

playing as usual. But I can't fault White for applying a little pressure.

(By the way, White, I'm only a newb when in comes to forum games. I've been "making my lettuce" in chatroom games.)

theopor_COD: An early lurker, but a solid contributer since.

So, who's at the top of my list? Tyhess, barely. I guess acfan would be up there as well, simply because he's said so little... but if he starts talking, he'll

probably move down my list. And after that... RRR. I don't know! I've gotta find some other candidate. I'll keep looking things over.
It is very wishy-washy, no real major suspicions, no real concerns. It's actually pathetic.

* I call him out on his nice-nicey analysis, responds he will look harder, yeh scum usually ought to try a bit harder.
* Post 16, expresses suspicion of MoS says he did some research and MoS goes higher in his suspicions, there's actually no reason in the post why though. Seems more a playstyle issue. Comments that MoS is playing conservatively.
* Prods AC slightly, I can see scum jumping on AC a bit more knowing know that he wasn't mafia, so I guess a point in his favour. The last line of 18 still makes me laugh
Trojan wrote:I eagerly await theo's next post, as he completes his breakdown of all the players. Hope he doesn't think I'm too scummy.

* Mos votes him for the above quote, his main defence was that they're should have been a smiley, Trojan votes MoS.
* Seems a little bit concerned aswell following the MoS vote
Trojan wrote:Finally, what's this about -1? I never saw more than 5 votes on MoS at any one time. Did I miscount?
Do I believe that? Or was it a sly attempt by scum to board a wagon nearing the lynch number.

* How would all three know each other was scum? There's only two players who know anyone else to be scum.

Trojan wrote:Incidentally; this game seems to have temporarily devolved into MoS versus pwayne and White, with everyone else (including myself) taking a back seat. If one of those three is scum, I wouldn't mind this so much. But it's bad news if all three bad guys are just sitting back and watching the town rip itself to shreds.

* Another little scumdar list

Trojan wrote:Mastermind of Sin: As I said before, took a while before honing in on a suspect. A bit longer than I thought he would take.

Oman: Pushing me into making this post.

ac1983fan: Nothing beyond his total absence. I'll have to wait until he is replaced.

vollkan: Seems to have more interest in the game than anyone else. Maybe he's so interested because he's scum? (Weak, I know.)

Dr. Blackstrike: There was his strategy suggestion at the start, of course. But now there's something bigger: somehow, he keeps finding time to make posts, but not to

make posts with any content to them. Doing just barely enough to avoid modkills and suspicion, perhaps?

curiouskarmadog: Can't find anything yet.

pwayne66: Defused the early bandwagon on Dr. Blackstrike. Could be townie behavior; could be he just didn't think the Doc was scummy. Or it could be he was defending

a scummate.

tyhess: The bandwagon hopping is the most suspicious thing.

Flameaxe: Not posting since Monday, despite early contributions.

White: Being willing to replace into a silly game like this. Seriously though, nothing looks fishy at all.

theopor_COD: The unwarranted attack on pwayne early on, back when pwayne was defusing the early bandwagon on Dr. Blackstrike. Does that contradict what I said about

pwayne? I guess it does.

And finally, can't let myself off the hook:

Trojan Horse: Being swayed easily by other people's arguments. Are they really changing my mind, or am I scum trying to avoid suspicion?
Again it seems very apologetic, I don't even know why he posted it. Reading the list personally I think he finds himself the scummiest wtf. There's just no aggressive scum hunting going down at all so far.

* Asks how the replacement situ is getting on.
* Still has nothing worth noting, spells it out even, looks to possibly push something towards CKD.

Trojan wrote:Perhaps I should have said "An attempt at more meaningful thoughts" to come tonight. Cause I looked over the posts since I made my last major post, looking for more things to go on... and I didn't find much.
* Responds to one of my posts. It's probably worth quoting the exchange.
Theo wrote:Trojan Horse is another guy who's slowly pricking my senses, reading his posts a lot of them seem to be fence sitting, he'll vote someone and then unvote. No real hardcore feelings almost as if he's in the know and is happy to play along with whatever's going down.
Trojan wrote:This comment is okay. The reason why you haven't seen any hardcore feelings from me yet is because... well... I sadly don't have any yet. You can take a good look at my posts where I listed my thoughts on each player; if it looks like I'm grasping at straws, it's because I am.
Frankly after however many pages we're at, this isn't good enough, a townie should have some freaking suspicions even if they're wrong.

Notice he shoots me down for continuing to go after AC, now its possible AC is cult if Trojan is mafia, but either way it's a defence for a scummy player who isn't here and frankly anyone defending a scummy player, is chance has scummy aswell. Town can defend scummy town but from experience mafia do it more often to look good, yes they attack scummy town aswell but it works both ways.

* Another scum sucker of a post
Trojan wrote:I'll have to vote for MoS or tyhess based on weak evidence. Give me something better to go on, if you have

it.
Asks for someone to vote for!!
And lo and behold changes his opinion slightly on ac, complete turnaround from post 30
Trojan wrote:Oh, and theo... lemme go see what acfan said before he got replaced. I'll go see what you're talking about.

Interesting that I post the case against AC, he raises his suspicion a notch
Trojan wrote:Okay. I'll raise acfan/Kakeng's scummy level a notch. But just a notch.

* Comments that he won't be worried about AC's dissapearance if Kakeng performs.
* Votes Tyhess, first time he's mentioned him for a while, note - comes after MoS asks him to commit to a vote. The last line strikes me as well another weird jokey scumtell
Trojan wrote:Alright then MoS, I'll commit. Not happy about it, but I'll commit.

Vote tyhess

Never was happy with all of his bandwagon hopping at the start of the game. Could just be newbishness, but it could also be an opportunistic scum, hiding behind the

fact that he's a newb.

Sure hope I got it right.
You guys guessed where my vote's going yet?

Moving on lol

* Gets called out for his pressured vote on Tyhess, the below yet again strikes me as something scum would say
Trojan wrote:I'm getting a bit tired of having to waffle because I don't feel too strongly about anyone as of yet.
he then unvotes Tyhess.

* Defends Flame in 37.
* Joking is a scumtell you know.
* Post 40 - comments he has 4 suspects. Tyhess for being newb like. MoS for his early play. CKD for well "flying under the radar" - note CKD was scum but not mafia, so they would assume he's town. White is on the list for promoting activity as far as I can tell and was also town. No Flameaxe incidentally and no Kakeng dead town = which is I guess a plus point, however this strikes me as knowking Kakeng would come up town/cult (not mafia anyways)
Trojan wrote:Yeah, forgot about acfan/Kakeng there. It was an awfully small notch. Put him on at the same level as White: I expect that I'll be satisfied with Kakeng's behavior, and that will be that.

* Does some metagaming on AC/Kakeng and AC did similar in another game, feels happier about Kak again defends the non scum.
* Calls Tar out for his lurking.
* Willing to vote for him if he doesn't appear.
* Next few posts seem pretty low-key, not much going on, definately no scumhunting.
* Oh look another scum looking post, how many is that - reasons follows someone CKD, wants to lynch a lurker.
Trojan wrote:You just had to give me another thing to think about, CKD. Tar definitely hasn't been a very helpful replacement yet. (Hmm. Perhaps Kakeng deserves a look for the same reason.) Do we want to do a lurker-lynch? I'm tempted.

* Few more contentless posts.
* Actually wants to force pressure on the lurker circa posts 62 - 66.
* Comments that we have no choice but to lynch Tar in 68. Votes Kakeng. Defends Pwayne heavily in 70.
* 71 doesn't believe the RB claim, interesting this regards Flame
Trojan wrote:The current bandwagon is Flameaxe now? Never saw anything all that scummy from him. Like Tar, I better look over Flameaxe's posts. (Again, there's a good chance I'll join in simply because lynch is better than no lynch.)

And another interesting link to Flame nearing deadline, either way I don't see a Trojan/Tyhess scum team.
Trojan wrote:Another newbish comment from tyhess. More grounds for lynching? Perhaps. I'd certainly prefer to lynch tyhess than Flameaxe.

Unvote, Vote tyhess

Note: I'm prepared to switch to Flameaxe at the last minute, if that's what it takes to avoid a no lynch. Better to lynch someone of average scumminess than to lynch

no one.

* Switches to Kakeng near deadline.
* Not a great deal yet today
* I probably ought to look more carefully at 79 & 80 because they are possibly inconsistencies to his earlier thoughts.
* Tar's not the lynch today, my I thought you thought it possible he was yesterday.
* Doesn't want to join the Oman wagon, it strikes me as defend a townie day again, first Tar then Oman. I'd say plus points for Tar and Oman.
* Slight defence of Oman, this could be distancing, an FOS is hardly freaking pressure.
Trojan wrote:In other news, I perused Oman's earlier posts, looking for anything that might set my scumdar off. And I barely got a "bloop" on the scumdar. Of the three current bandwagons, my preference would be for a Flameaxe vote, due to his unhelpfulness at the end of day 1. But since jumping on any of these bandwagons would bring that person's vote count to 3 (oh no! 3rd on the bandwagon! must be scum! lynch lynch!), I'll content myself with a FoS: Flameaxe for now.

My that took a while, chances are all I'll have time for tonight - final thoughts.

This guy just strikes me as scum, in every way. I've still got the other five players to analyse but if anyone comes out scummy than trojan then I'll be damned.

Vote Trojan Horse
Trojan Horse
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Oldest Trick in the Book

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:54 pm

Post by Trojan Horse »

Wow. Now that's a tough act to follow. :) So many things to respond to. It'll take time. I guess I'll just do the same thing Flameaxe did and say

"Town being useless"

and try to come up with some meaningful responses later. (Just so you know: tomorrow is one of my full teaching days. But Thursday I only have one class, so I have some free time.)

Finally; at some point, we should pitch in and do one of these breakdowns for theo. :) Not that I think he's scum; I just think turnabout is fair play.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:00 pm

Post by Oman »

Uh!
Unvote Vote Trojan Horse
Not only were the two arguments very persuasive, but also this line:
TrojH wrote:Finally; at some point, we should pitch in and do one of these breakdowns for theo. Not that I think he's scum; I just think turnabout is fair play.

That is a useless line and everytime I've seen it its scum trying to deflect.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Trojan Horse
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Oldest Trick in the Book

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:26 pm

Post by Trojan Horse »

The other times you saw it, was it scum trying to get a breakdown on a single person doing breakdowns on everyone else? *shakes head* I just wanted to complete the set of arguments, that's all.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:25 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Oman needs to die.
Permanent V/LA.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:28 pm

Post by vollkan »

Another good post by Theo, summarising the case against Trojan.
Trojan wrote: So many things to respond to. It'll take time.
I guess I'll just do the same thing Flameaxe did and say

"Town being useless"
Two points:
1) After my previous post (the Flame-Trojan links), I was somewhat surprised to see Trojan at it again.
2) The "town being useless" thing is no excuse or defence for your actions. I appreciate there is a lot to respond to, but why even bother saying "town being useless" when it is evidently a dodgy excuse.

Oman wrote: Uh! Unvote Vote Trojan Horse Not only were the two arguments very persuasive, but also this line:
Trojan wrote: Finally; at some point, we should pitch in and do one of these breakdowns for theo. Not that I think he's scum; I just think turnabout is fair play.
I really have a problem with people voting solely off other people's arguments; it always reeks of opportunism to me.

Furthermore, I don't quite understand why you place weight on the request for a Theo analysis (an effort to add in some superficial original content, perhaps?). Theo might well be scum, so it should make sense that we do an analysis of him. I understand Trojan could be attempting a deflection, but it's hardly a particularly viable strategy.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:33 pm

Post by Oman »

Vollkan wrote:1) After my previous post (the Flame-Trojan links), I was somewhat surprised to see Trojan at it again.
I'm sure it was a parody.
Vollkan wrote:I really have a problem with people voting solely off other people's arguments; it always reeks of opportunism to me.
You may think that, but your arguments persuaded me mightly. Its the strongest two-player link all game.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:26 am

Thanks for giving me credit on that one, Oman.
Permanent V/LA.
tyhess
tyhess
Goon
tyhess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:33 am

Post by tyhess »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:Oman needs to die.

Why??? You're kind of starting to piss me off-you keep acting like your so much better than all of us at this game. I think that we should look into theo as well, but maybe that really has happened in a game before and that's why he's saying that. And I also hate posts that give us no information (ie:Oman needs to die)
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #1225 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:35 am

Post by theopor_COD »

Mod Edit
Official Vote Count #48

Oman[2](Mastermind of Sin, Tarhalindur)
Flameaxe[2](pwayne66, vollkan)
Trojan Horse[2](theopor_COD, Oman)
Tarhalindur[1](tyhess)

Not Voting[2](Trojan Horse, Flameaxe)

Two main things I want to see asap.

Flameaxe respond to Pwayne's questions in 1213.

Trojan to post some sort of argument in his defence.

I'll look at Oman, MoS, Pwayne, Volkan, Tar hopefully tonight/tomorrow, it may that I won't be able to due to a hectic night of meetings at work but I'm going to get them done at some stage.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #1226 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:18 am

Post by Flameaxe »

pwayne66 wrote:Wow. Give me a bit to digest.

A few questions for Flameaxe while I do.

1) Do you think that the town has legitmate concerns about your contributions?
-Yes

2) If so, why the lack of content?
-Dunno really, started as a simple 'I dun have time' unintentional lurking, I just really haven't been able to get back into this game quite as easily as others.

3) If not, do you care to explain why?
-N/A
Teh boldz are mine, yo.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1227 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:23 pm

tyhess wrote:

Why??? You're kind of starting to piss me off-you keep acting like your so much better than all of us at this game. I think that we should look into theo as well, but maybe that really has happened in a game before and that's why he's saying that. And I also hate posts that give us no information (ie:Oman needs to die)
Oman wrote:Uh!
Unvote Vote Trojan Horse
TrojH wrote:Finally; at some point, we should pitch in and do one of these breakdowns for theo. Not that I think he's scum; I just think turnabout is fair play.

Uh huh...
Permanent V/LA.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1228 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:54 pm

Post by vollkan »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:
tyhess wrote:
Oman wrote:Uh!
Unvote Vote Trojan Horse

Uh huh...
I must be missing something here, but what is the connection between the two quotes you just posted and said "uh huh" about?
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1229 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:28 pm

Hmm, for some reason I thought Oman posted both of those. My bad.
Permanent V/LA.
tyhess
tyhess
Goon
tyhess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1230 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:25 am

Post by tyhess »

but you still haven't answered anything from my quote........
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #1231 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:33 am

Post by Flameaxe »

I personally read it as if it was a rhetorical question...

Plus, Oman always needs to die, regardless. Oi.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #1232 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:52 am

Post by theopor_COD »

Guys I have a few issues accessing the site, hence posting will be sporadic. Sorry.

My re-reads will continue as I've copied everyone into notepad, may take longer than I anticipated mind. Still waiting for Trojan. Flameaxe quit being useless yeah? Who do you think is scum?
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #1233 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:12 am

Post by Oman »

BBM wrote:Plus, Oman always needs to die, regardless. Oi.
This is the only logical deaththreat I've seen so far.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #1234 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:51 am

Post by Flameaxe »

RAMEN, BITCH!
Trojan Horse
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Oldest Trick in the Book

Post Post #1235 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:24 am

Post by Trojan Horse »

Alright, here we go...
theopor_COD wrote:
Also I get an early vibe of following, CKD prods MoS, Trojan then posts
Trojan wrote:Hmm... lemme go see if MoS is posting elsewhere.

Trojan wrote:Okay, MoS posted a bunch of times (in other games) yesterday evening. So he's definitely around.
Those posts I made were on page 3. Had it been someone besides MoS, I probably wouldn't have cared so much about not having posted yet (the game had just started the day before). But this is MoS we're talking about. I was expecting him to start posting just hours after the game started.
theopor_COD wrote: * Removes vote from Blackstrike. Note to self to see if there's any inconsistency in his thoughts on claims
Trojan wrote:I had a thought: how on earth are we going to handle claims at the start of the game? Once we've reached a consensus on who is scummy, should we demand a claim from that person? If we do, and that person says "townie", we're in a bit of a pickle. It may well be best to lynch them; they may be lying, and even if they're not, it'll deny the cult a possible recruit.
I admit, I thought at first that if we left a claimed vanilla townie alive, he'd be sure to be recruited the following night. The whole WIFOM aspect of that didn't come to mind until Tar claimed vanilla at the end of the day.
theopor_COD wrote:* Excuse for not finding scum, plus early defence of Flame.
So I don't have to keep repeating myself, I'll make one thing clear now: I did not think Flame was any more or less scummy than the average player until the VERY end of day 1 (when he seemed not to care so much). I mean the very very end, after I made this post:
Trojan wrote:Another newbish comment from tyhess. More grounds for lynching? Perhaps. I'd certainly prefer to lynch tyhess than Flameaxe.

Unvote, Vote tyhess

Note: I'm prepared to switch to Flameaxe at the last minute, if that's what it takes to avoid a no lynch. Better to lynch someone of average scumminess than to lynch no one.
Still no reason to go after Flameaxe. But then he made this post, which set me off:
Flameaxe wrote:
vollkan wrote:
Flame wrote: The above post is the truth. I do have tomorrow off as of now though.
Let's see....
6 posts in other threads today.
14 posts in other threads Thursday
17 posts in other threads Wednesday.

Why am I unconvinced?
A) I'm enjoying bothering you about it.
B) How many of those posts were over 3 sentences?
Time ticking away, deadline nearing, and no real action from Flameaxe's part. Though by then, it was too late to act on my new suspicions.
theopor_COD wrote:* Posts his scumdar, I'm going to quote all of these because I think they will probably be important

---

* I call him out on his nice-nicey analysis, responds he will look harder, yeh scum usually ought to try a bit harder.
As MoS said a while back, there's a case that could be made against any of us being scum. I've been looking for things that set one or two of us apart from the rest, and I haven't had much luck. And given that, is it any wonder that my analysis sounded "nice-nicey"?
theopor_COD wrote:* Post 16, expresses suspicion of MoS says he did some research and MoS goes higher in his suspicions, there's actually no reason in the post why though. Seems more a playstyle issue. Comments that MoS is playing conservatively.
Indeed. More conservatively than I'd expect of him. But Flameaxe has suddenly become even more conservative than MoS was at the very start. My eye is not on MoS now.
theopor_COD wrote:
Trojan wrote:I eagerly await theo's next post, as he completes his breakdown of all the players. Hope he doesn't think I'm too scummy.

Alright, you've made your point. I'll stop joking around.

More to come shortly.
Trojan Horse
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Oldest Trick in the Book

Post Post #1236 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:37 am

Post by Trojan Horse »

Continuing...
theopor_COD wrote:* Seems a little bit concerned aswell following the MoS vote
Trojan wrote:Finally, what's this about -1? I never saw more than 5 votes on MoS at any one time. Did I miscount?
Do I believe that? Or was it a sly attempt by scum to board a wagon nearing the lynch number.
My vote was #4. Oman's was #5. (I just doublechecked now, to make sure.) The bandwagon on MoS was already vanishing when I made this comment. Just wanted to make sure no one was attacked for putting MoS at -1.
theopor_COD wrote:
* How would all three know each other was scum? There's only two players who know anyone else to be scum.
Trojan wrote:Incidentally; this game seems to have temporarily devolved into MoS versus pwayne and White, with everyone else (including myself) taking a back seat. If one of those three is scum, I wouldn't mind this so much. But it's bad news if all three bad guys are just sitting back and watching the town rip itself to shreds.
Where did I say they all knew each other? Even though the cult leader didn't know the mafia, and vice versa, all three could still have been laying low at that point.
theopor_COD wrote: * Another little scumdar list
Trojan wrote:
---

And finally, can't let myself off the hook:

Trojan Horse: Being swayed easily by other people's arguments. Are they really changing my mind, or am I scum trying to avoid suspicion?
Again it seems very apologetic, I don't even know why he posted it. Reading the list personally I think he finds himself the scummiest wtf. There's just no aggressive scum hunting going down at all so far.
Apologetic, sure. But my main purpose was to be comprehensive; I wanted to give the group something to go on for everyone, including myself. (Same reason why I recently suggested we pitch in and make a list for theo.)
theopor_COD wrote:* Still has nothing worth noting, spells it out even, looks to possibly push something towards CKD.
And it looks like my slight hunch on that turned out to be right. Maybe I shouldn't be doubting my scumdar so much.
theopor_COD wrote:And lo and behold changes his opinion slightly on ac, complete turnaround from post 30
Trojan wrote:Oh, and theo... lemme go see what acfan said before he got replaced. I'll go see what you're talking about.

Interesting that I post the case against AC, he raises his suspicion a notch
Trojan wrote:Okay. I'll raise acfan/Kakeng's scummy level a notch. But just a notch.

* Comments that he won't be worried about AC's dissapearance if Kakeng performs.
And is it a bad thing to change my opinion based on someone else's argument? As for the last comment there: it's always tough dealing with lurkers, since you don't know if RL just got in the way, or if the person is scum and is trying to stay below the radar (or is trying to avoid confrontation). If Kakeng actually contributed, I'd have to assume RL got in acfan's way, and that would be that. But Kakeng was as bad as acfan, so I had to think...
Trojan wrote:Alright then MoS, I'll commit. Not happy about it, but I'll commit.

Vote tyhess

Never was happy with all of his bandwagon hopping at the start of the game. Could just be newbishness, but it could also be an opportunistic scum, hiding behind the fact that he's a newb.

Sure hope I got it right.
I was tired of being wishy-washy, and I was tired of having so little to go on. After MoS pushed me on, I decided to just go for it. It was a moment of frustration for me.
theopor_COD wrote:* Defends Flame in 37.
I referred to a argument between Flame and White as a null tell for both of them. How is that defending Flame?
theopor_COD wrote:* Joking is a scumtell you know.
So I've heard.
theopor_COD wrote:* Calls Tar out for his lurking.
* Willing to vote for him if he doesn't appear.
Okay, that's the last thing I'm going to quote concerning lurkers. Why is it so wrong to consider lynching a lurker? The last thing we want is to give the scum a chance to win the game by just saying nothing. We need to get the scum talking (by getting everyone talking), so we can try to catch scum.
theopor_COD wrote:* Comments that we have no choice but to lynch Tar in 68. Votes Kakeng.
And in between the two, someone brought up the possible WIFOMing that would happen if we let Tar live. Would Tar necessarily be recruited? Might the scum off Tar to prevent the cult from growing stronger? Things I hadn't considered. So I changed my mind.
theopor_COD wrote:* Slight defence of Oman, this could be distancing, an FOS is hardly freaking pressure.
Trojan wrote:In other news, I perused Oman's earlier posts, looking for anything that might set my scumdar off. And I barely got a "bloop" on the scumdar. Of the three current bandwagons, my preference would be for a Flameaxe vote, due to his unhelpfulness at the end of day 1. But since jumping on any of these bandwagons would bring that person's vote count to 3 (oh no! 3rd on the bandwagon! must be scum! lynch lynch!), I'll content myself with a FoS: Flameaxe for now.

Had there been one fewer vote on Flameaxe, I would've voted for him. Didn't want to put him at -2 before he had a chance to respond.

That should suffice for now. Obviously didn't respond to everything theo said- would've taken too long. Took long enough as it is. Anything else I need to respond to?
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #1237 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:12 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

You'd certainly cleared a few things up.

Unvote, Vote Flameaxe
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1238 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:22 pm

Post by vollkan »

That should suffice for now. Obviously didn't respond to everything theo said- would've taken too long. Took long enough as it is. Anything else I need to respond to?
I'm largely satisfied with your responses.

Could you explain this one though:
Theo wrote: [quote='Trojan"]
I'll have to vote for MoS or tyhess based on weak evidence. Give me something better to go on, if you have it.
Asks for someone to vote for!! [/quote]
Trojan Horse
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Oldest Trick in the Book

Post Post #1239 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:01 pm

Post by Trojan Horse »

Had my top two suspects. Had my reasons for voting either. What I didn't have was confidence. I was hoping that someone could point out some scummy behavior (either from those two or from someone else) that I had missed. Something that could allow me to cast a vote with greater confidence.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #1240 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:03 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

theopor_COD wrote:You'd certainly cleared a few things up.

Unvote, Vote Flameaxe
Quick, every jump on.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”