Alt accounts

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #41 (isolation #0) » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:15 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Alts should basically be used to magnify a personality trait or playing trait of yours in an environment that would prevent people from just starting to argue about meta. Its for if you want to play more aggressively, or be excessively nice, or want to try to town hunt instead of scum hunt, or etc. Experiment with who you are as an alt.

Alts unlike hydras should always claim who is a part of them, but hydras *should* always at least not deny being an alt. I don't care if you want to brush off being an alt with a "does it matter" type claim, but I always have an issue with things like alts claiming to be a newbie, or hydras claiming to not be a hydra. Both are creeping into the unethical area of play.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #45 (isolation #1) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:41 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

In post 42, sthar8 wrote:Claiming to be a newbie is unethical?

Because of what I view alts should be used for. Using them to fake being new I feel is intentionally withholding information from the game in a way designed to give you an unfair advantage in a way that cannot really be predicted. Its like not saying you are a hydra to me.

Alts should be to experiment with your play style or play a character or something like that. Not to gain an advantage that no one else has. If you are going to hide behind an alt, why doesn't everyone just make a new alt for every game because apparently that's the best thing to do.
Co-host of The USL Show
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #96 (isolation #2) » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:35 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

In post 95, Elbirn wrote:It seems to me that it gives town negative utility by making yourself more difficult to "read" since no one will have experience with you.

If you are making an alt to somehow handicap yourself in order to gain an advantage then you are technically breaking "playing to your win condition" site rules. Its like the people who claim to intentionally play somewhat scummy as town to make it easier to win when they are scum.
Co-host of The USL Show

Return to “Mafia Discussion”