Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3975 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:46 am

Post by Varsoon »

Xtoxm really surprised me with the late entry. I remember reading Xtoxm's posts in the last few days and thinking, "Oh man, this guy is going to put our team in the grave."
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3976 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:47 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 3835, Xtoxm wrote:Also

VOTE: Egg

In post 3847, Xtoxm wrote:I'm a JOAT. My role is bloody powerful, I must say. If you'd managed to turn the lynch on me yesterday like you wanted, you might have won. I saw plenty of potential for an implosion in this town.

Abilities: Role cop, vanilla cop, neighboriser, roleblock.

N1 neighborise House (fail)
N2 no action
N3 no action
N4 no action
N5 Role cop Egg

Also, I do have a modifier to my role.

Why did I target you? You were the only scumread I felt would not be possible to push a lynch on. Everyone in the game was townreading you. Night is for dealing with the scum you can't get lynched. Wasn't concerned about SW as she would never live to endgame. Same with Delta. Everyone else was a town read.

When I read this, I had to double-take because I forgot you were even in the game. That's how low-profile you were.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3977 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:50 am

Post by SilverWolf »

<3 Varsoon, I wish you would of been alive longer, you were awesome

I couldn't do it. I just didn't have it in me :/

I agree that xtoxm is impressive.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3978 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:52 am

Post by Egg »

Well I did everything I could. Not much you can do when your scum buddy doesn't want to play to their win condition.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #3979 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:54 am

Post by Xtoxm »

When so many people expressed suspicion of Taly I started lurking because I really didn't want to be forced into a claim. I was sitting on a super powerful role that still had 3 good abilities unused. I had to be survivalist. This explains why Taly felt that way too.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3980 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:58 am

Post by SilverWolf »

Egg-I did play to my win condition all damn game. I wasn't going to win once I was the only one left. I'm not going to fight and put energy into it just to maybe last another day or two and be lynched anyway. I explained all this to you.

Mods-Can you release the dead PT please?
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3981 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:03 am

Post by killerjester »

Wake has to edit the PTs for them to be public. I can post night actions in a few hours though.
Lord of Lynch protect us. For the Night is dark and full of scum.

Noir Mafia, a 13p bastard Mini Theme delayed until further notice.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #3982 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:04 am

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 3980, SilverWolf wrote:Egg-I did play to my win condition all damn game. I wasn't going to win once I was the only one left. I'm not going to fight and put energy into it just to maybe last another day or two and be lynched anyway. I explained all this to you.

I mean, anything is possible. Even if you are a cop confirmed scum, you should still fight. That's playing to your wincon. =/
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3983 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:06 am

Post by SilverWolf »

OK, Everyone has made their position known they feel like I fucked up.

Got it. Thanks guys.

I feel like shit now.

/out
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #3984 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:07 am

Post by Boonskiies »

Just saying, I had planned on coming in with a giant case against Pisskop toDay had you not given up, which is a complete 180 from what I had recently been pushing for. You
ALWAYS
have a chance. NEVER give up. I would have loved trying to win from your position, especially because I think it was very possible. Sure, you'd have pressure, but that's what the entire game is about. LIVE FOR THOSE MOMENTS. Nobody wants to play with someone who will just give up when things look grimm.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3985 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:09 am

Post by Egg »

In post 3980, SilverWolf wrote:Egg-I did play to my win condition all damn game. I wasn't going to win once I was the only one left. I'm not going to fight and put energy into it just to maybe last another day or two and be lynched anyway. I explained all this to you.

You had a shot. I'm just annoyed that I pulled that move for nothing and can't do it again because it's been seen now. And there was no dead PT...

In post 3982, Boonskiies wrote:

I mean, anything is possible. Even if you are a cop confirmed scum, you should still fight. That's playing to your wincon. =/

^this

Preview edit: I agree with everything Boon just said. You haven't lost until the Mod flips your last teammate's role.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3986 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:10 am

Post by SilverWolf »

Then don't play with me again.

Sorry.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3987 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:10 am

Post by SilverWolf »

I might just have to take a break from Mafia for awhile anyway.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #3988 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:10 am

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 3986, SilverWolf wrote:Then don't play with me again.

Sorry.

Now I have to. I want to see you win a 3 person scum team game, as the last scum alive on Day 2.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3989 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:15 am

Post by Varsoon »

I think it's more a site-meta thing than anything. I've played a few games off-site and when I've made strong cases against scum, I've seen them just come out and admit they were scum. I've also seen final remaining scum members give up early when town was stacked against them. If anything, this site promotes a very unforgiving fight-even-after-twilight approach.

I agree that Silverwolf could have pulled a win. That is just it--could have. From Silver's posts, she seemed exhausted with the game and felt defeated, which is understandable. I think replacing out in that situation would probably be too shady.

I'm of the opinion that Silverwolf should've played it out, and that SW is a strong enough player to have won despite the stacked odds. That said, I'm okay with how things turned out. Town did well and we offed the other team too quickly. To blame the red team loss solely on SW would be really rude and would be denying the weaknesses in our play all around as well as the strengths of town's play.

I still wanna play with you Silverwolf. I think you're a damn strong player as scum and, sure, you've got room to improve, but so does everyone. I think we should celebrate our strengths and play to improve our weaknesses rather than just being down because we made a poor play here or there. <3
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3990 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:22 am

Post by SilverWolf »

I do feel like I'm being blamed for the loss.

I'm dealing with some stress in RL too.

I was feeling defeated.

I didn't want to replace out. I didn't feel like that would of been right.

I fell like I put a ton of energy into this game and a lot of work. The PT is 23 pages. I hunted down the PR's, picked my roleblock targets, discussed strategy, had really good reads, and felt like I was townread a lot as well until PoE and VCA caught me.

If I didn't try, you guys can complain but I put a ton into this game. I worked way harder than I do in a lot of games.

Blaming me is BS. Guilting me is BS. Making me feel like shit is BS.

Sorry we lost but Varsoon died N1, that didn't help. Egg was caught, that didn't help. Sorry, I did my best but I had enough. The game wasn't fun any more for me after my fight with pisskop although I tried really hard to emulate my town meta there.

I hate lying, I hate fakeclaiming, I was nervous.

I really don't know what else to say here. I've apologized over and over.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3991 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:27 am

Post by Varsoon »

<3
Sorry for dying on you so early.
I was really impressed with your contributions all game. I've never been in a scum PT with that much discussion between 3 (and most of the game just 2) players. Like I said, you're a fantastic player and I'm excited to play more with you.

I hope everything gets better IRL, too.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #3992 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:50 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Really, this game was going no where for red mafs after Egg's lynch. Outright scumclaiming is something to avoid sure, but even without that, me and Boon would have been after wolf's lynch today, and i'm pretty sure from there we'd have got the support for it. Varsoon and Egg are instinctively frustrated but i'm sure they know inside that a lone SW win was more than a long shot.

SW clearly put a lot more effort than most into this game if you take a glance at ISOs.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #3993 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:51 am

Post by Boonskiies »

WTF? I had 2nd highest post count. Didn't think that...haha.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3994 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:54 am

Post by Varsoon »

Yeah, I felt that as soon as Xtoxm claimed, our team was done for.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3995 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:56 am

Post by SilverWolf »

I always talk a lot in PT's. That's what daytalk is for. The only problem I had with it is that it was hard to switch my mindset back and forth from scum to town. And honestly, I'm more than fine with constructive criticism or even ideas of what I could of done going forward. That's how I learn and improve.

But when people say I'm not playing to my wincon and no one wants to play with someone who gives up BS when I put a ton of effort in, that's BS. I'm not going to put up with that.

I am not going to be guilted into being blamed for this loss.

Thanks Varsoon <3

xtoxm-thanks as well, I knew it was over when you caught Egg

I'm just sick that people are blaming me...................
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3996 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:14 pm

Post by Wake1 »

"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3997 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:20 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

Wake-I am totally cool with the Red Mafia PT being released but Egg specifically asked for it not to be....................................
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3998 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:24 pm

Post by pisskop »

Im amazed that my crumbing to egg worked like it did, btw.

even without xtox, I would have advocated his lynch in lylo -1.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3999 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:24 pm

Post by pisskop »

Like can you imagine how lyncherd you would have been if you actually tried to sell me on you being ascetic jailer or gave me reasons for blvoking FA?
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”