Then fight 'til it's over
Gonna string the town up
'Til the townies can't vote us
'Til the townies can't vote us
-[
Can't Hold Us,
Macklemore
]
4 chamber (lalaladucks, Bookitty, Quilford, Yosarian2)
1 AngryPidgeon (Katsuki)
1 Katsuki (AngryPidgeon)
1 Yosarian2 (Pegasus30)

3 Unvote (chamber, DrDolittle, Papa Zito)

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.
The deadline is in (expired on 2015-08-03 22:00:00), on Monday, August 3 at 10:00 pm EDT.

As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
Pegasus30
Pegasus30
Goon
Pegasus30
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1751 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:19 pm

Post by Pegasus30 »

Also, why do you think AP is both defending Chamber as well as stating an intent to hammer when Chamber got to L-1?

Regardless, Chamber's lack of showing up to the game and providing his insights has been the source of a lot of irritation. I'll give him a few more days and if he doesn't show, I'll probably accept that he's going to wind up being lynched regardless of alignment.

But half the town being so disengaged and thinking the game's in the bag is worrying me quite a bit and I'd like people to actually put more effort into the game.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1752 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:19 pm

Post by Quilford »

He had to be prompted for it by GC for it in the first place.
There's no way to tell whether it was actually what he was thinking when he made #528 or whether he just made it up after the fact, and yet somehow you say it's considerably more likely. You're being far too charitable with chamber.

Also, how terrible are all the points in #537. They are super super bad. He doesn't talk about the validity of your points at all, it's essentially 'I don't like the Quar case because Peg is presenting the points in a way I don't like'.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1753 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:21 pm

Post by Quilford »

Anyway I'm off to a party but we're not done here, and barring a miracle of towniness chamber better be lynched today.
Pegasus30
Pegasus30
Goon
Pegasus30
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1754 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:22 pm

Post by Pegasus30 »

I just hope that if he's town like I think, he will show up and engage with the game.

I do want you to explain why you think Yos and AP are town.

@ AP, please respond to all of my posts directed at you in the last several hours.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1755 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:23 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

But let me ask you, straight out; do you honestly believe that we would have had any chance at lynching Quar if I hadn't been attacking him from fairly early on day 1?

This is a joke, right? Please tell me you are trolling me because there's no way you'd be asking this question after reading my walls above. It has also been answered already.

No, of course it's not a joke. I don't think there's any way the day 1 wagon on quar gets up to the level it is without my attack and vote on him to get the momentum going.

Uh, nice try discrediting me.

I'm frustrated as fuck, we have caught scum based on both behavior and night actions, and you're screwing around with semantic bullshit that doesn't mean anything in order to claim you've "caught me in a lie". "Yos believes he was very important in the day 1 bandwagon and I think he might have been slightly less important, although of course neither of us really know" is not a "lie", and I'm sure you understand that, but you just keep banging on about it anyway.

If you were town, you'd admit that the Quar wagons D1 and D2 were primarily led by me, acknowledge your error when you mis-stated the facts the Bookitty and answer in a totally different way than you are doing now.

Well, I am town, and I still think that I was absolutely key in getting the wagon on Quar going. I'm also tired of this stupid conversation over nothing.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Pegasus30
Pegasus30
Goon
Pegasus30
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1756 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:25 pm

Post by Pegasus30 »

@ Quilford
In post 1749, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 1746, Pegasus30 wrote:(2) If he was scum, he'd bus his weaker partner when the wagon was building. Derailing it only makes him look terrible on a surface level and he knew Quar was getting lynched eventually so this wasn't him attempting to get a perfect win.

FTR, this is pretty much where I'm at with it.

This is part of my annoyance with the game. You have not even taken a second glance at AP who "agrees" with me about Chamber being town. You are content to call him town and content to push the Chamber lynch without once analyzing the motivations of people who are stating reads on Chamber.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1757 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:28 pm

Post by Quilford »

I have, actually. But I'm not interested in taking the focus off a chamber lynch while he's still failing to provide anything resembling scumhunting at all.
Pegasus30
Pegasus30
Goon
Pegasus30
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1758 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:30 pm

Post by Pegasus30 »

In post 1755, Yosarian2 wrote:No, of course it's not a joke. I don't think there's any way the day 1 wagon on quar gets up to the level it is without my attack and vote on him to get the momentum going.

Lol. I don't think you are as separated from reality as you are making it seem in this post. I pointed out to you with
specifics
that the momentum of the Quar wagon was almost solely because of my case. I listed out page numbers to show that nobody gave a damn about your argument with Quar.

D2 wagon on Quar happened because of me. I gave you proof by pointing out that you only discouraged, not encouraged votes on the wagon and you just glossed it over and filed it under "semantics" when your posts have very real scum motivation of making yourself look better.

Also, your presenting yourself as a player that's leading bandwagons is grossly misleading as towards the end of D1, I was the only one really leading wagons which also makes your townread on me feel like an informed read. But I think this last part may be playstyle as I know you overstate your ability to push wagons as evidenced by Oldy Mafia 2.
Pegasus30
Pegasus30
Goon
Pegasus30
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1759 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:33 pm

Post by Pegasus30 »

By some miracle if you actually wind up being town here, you so ridiculously misrepresented what happened in this game that I've no idea what to tell you. If you are town, please re-read my case on you and all of the links I provided and come up with an explanation that actually reflects reality. I want to see if you are even capable of doing it or are misrepping intentionally.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #1760 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:42 pm

Post by chamber »

In post 1755, Yosarian2 wrote:I'm frustrated as fuck, we have caught scum based on both behavior and night actions, and you're screwing around with semantic bullshit that doesn't mean anything in order to claim you've "caught me in a lie". "Yos believes he was very important in the day 1 bandwagon and I think he might have been slightly less important, although of course neither of us really know" is not a "lie", and I'm sure you understand that, but you just keep banging on about it anyway.

For what it's worth Pegasus this reminds me a lot of yos from oldy 2. He also seemed to have an inflated sense of contribution to things in it (perhaps it wasn't inflated, but it certainly felt like it at the time)).
Taking a break from the site.
Pegasus30
Pegasus30
Goon
Pegasus30
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1761 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:44 pm

Post by Pegasus30 »

@ Yos, And please explain your townread on me in detail. You didn't respond when I pointed out that it was based on a false premise of a) you being an active voice leading wagons (the only person doing this was me), and b) me attacking you when you were reading me as town (I thought you were scumreading me so a hypothetical scum-me wouldn't be attacking someone who was reading me as town at all because that's not what I would be thinking internally).

In fact, part of my reason for suspecting you is that you know I've put a ridiculous amount of effort into this game, am active, vocal, and pushed several wagons and you know you can't just scumread me and get away with it so are reading me as "town" to get me to stay on your side. So, it sounded completely nuts when you put forth a similar argument.
Pegasus30
Pegasus30
Goon
Pegasus30
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1762 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:47 pm

Post by Pegasus30 »

In post 1760, chamber wrote:
In post 1755, Yosarian2 wrote:I'm frustrated as fuck, we have caught scum based on both behavior and night actions, and you're screwing around with semantic bullshit that doesn't mean anything in order to claim you've "caught me in a lie". "Yos believes he was very important in the day 1 bandwagon and I think he might have been slightly less important, although of course neither of us really know" is not a "lie", and I'm sure you understand that, but you just keep banging on about it anyway.

For what it's worth Pegasus this reminds me a lot of yos from oldy 2. He also seemed to have an inflated sense of contribution to things in it (perhaps it wasn't inflated, but it certainly felt like it at the time)).

I've seen some similarities after I posted my case which actually made me think I was on the wrong track and then he posted that response which so completely skewed things that I couldn't believe town can honestly think that.

I also would like to hear what you think of my wall case on him.
Pegasus30
Pegasus30
Goon
Pegasus30
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1763 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:49 pm

Post by Pegasus30 »

I grant the possibility that I could be wrong on Yos but AP/DrDolittle would be my best guess for the scumteam if that's the case. What's yours?

Do you have any opinions on AP's defense of you?
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #1764 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:51 pm

Post by chamber »

In post 1762, Pegasus30 wrote:
In post 1760, chamber wrote:

I've seen some similarities after I posted my case which actually made me think I was on the wrong track and then he posted that response which so completely skewed things that I couldn't believe town can honestly think that.

I also would like to hear what you think of my wall case on him.

I haven't actually read it. With no offense intended to you, interacting with your walls is easily the most draining experience for me in this game, and is probably a large contributing factor to me being demotivated at points. I was most active and interested in the game today when not being dragged around by you. Not only do I dislike walls in general, but your way of thinking is just different from mine. It makes it hard.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #1765 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:54 pm

Post by chamber »

In post 1763, Pegasus30 wrote:Do you have any opinions on AP's defense of you?

I was shocked a bit when he expressed intent to hammer after defending me, but I assume he just wants the game to move on, which I can sympathize with. Him defending me while attacking katsuki is insane, but I expect that kind of insanity to come from town not scum. You have to actually believe what you are saying to go that tinfoil hat.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #1766 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:58 pm

Post by chamber »

GOing back to rereading things so I can actually finish.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1767 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:29 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

For fucks sake. Yosarian is town or I'm retiring from mafia. Truax .
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #1768 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:45 pm

Post by chamber »

Not gonna finish again tonight.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1769 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:50 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Not going to argue with Peg anymore about the stupid "who was really leading the wagons" thing. I'm sure he knows as well as I do that in mafia suspicion tends to build over time, and that when several different people are making attacking someone and then several other people join the wagon that there's usually some kind of cumulitive build-up of suspicion on that person over time, and that it's often not one single thing you can point to. Also, I suspect he's not even reading my posts, when I say something like

Yosarian2 wrote: I don't think there's any way the day 1 wagon on quar gets up to the level it is without my attack and vote on him to get the momentum going.

And he responds with

Peg wrote:D2 wagon on Quar happened because of me.

as if that was a response to what I said about the D1 Quar wagon. I mean, I already agreed that he was basically right about the day 2 quar wagon, what else does he want?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1770 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:56 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

In post 1761, Pegasus30 wrote:@ Yos, And please explain your townread on me in detail.

I've had a townread on you since day 1, for quite a few reasons. It got even stronger at the end of day 1, when you suddenly turned on me even though I was calling you town, because there's no way a scum does that; if there was a scum I incorrectly thought was town, I'd expect him to buddy me and take easy mislynches instead, especially in the early game. The way you're playing in general feels town, even the way you're tunneling on me over somethign stupid frankly feels town. And like I said several pages ago, when I did that analysis of the day 1 Quar wagon the two strongest impressions I got was that neither you nor Empire could be scum with Quar.

Why are you asking? I've already explained all of this multiple times.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1771 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:07 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Bah. I still don't know what to think of chamber. He makes observations about the last game I played with him and such and he starts to sound townie again. He's not taking advantage of any of the distractions going on to try to save his skin (AP and Kat's fighting, Peg's attack on me), but maybe he's too smart too do that as scum? I donno.

But I still think the scum are in the group of (chamber, PZ, Doolittle), though. Still think AP is probably town (if anything, his irrational tunnel today and his insistence that he's right while ignoring all contrary evidence and ignroing the fact that no one else in the game thinks there's a chance he's right is actually more likely to come from town then from scum), Kat is almost certanly town, Peg is town, Empire is town, Boo is confirmed town. Just based on play I'd be lynching PZ today, but the night action does make chamber look bad, and that kind of tilts the balance.

Also, if PZ is scum, then that makes chamber look worse anyway; earlier today I was getting the feeling that PZ was kind of reaching in looking for a reason to not vote for chamber.

Anyway, so many people are launched on their own random tangents I'm suspecting we're not going to be lynching anyone until deadline again, which is kind of annoying. But, whatever, no rush I suppose, and I do want to hear chamber give his analysis before he gets lynched in any case.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1772 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:15 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

(Corollary to the last post; "Kat is almost certanly town" should have an asterisk next to it that says "although if chamber does flip scum then Kat's alignment becomes a little less clear." Still think Kat is probably town based on play anyway, he came out looking pretty good in my day 1 analysis of quar wagon and in general most of the stuff he's done doesn't really fit scum play, but the way he just keeps going back and fourth with AP here isn't really helping ATM.)
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1773 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:53 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 1751, Pegasus30 wrote:Also, why do you think AP is both defending Chamber as well as stating an intent to hammer when Chamber got to L-1?

Because the night action claims make Chamber an objectively good lynch. Also the only actual wagon is on Chamber and I don't expect anyone to lynch Katsuki or Ducks Today. In fact people are kinda waving me away as a VI for my thoughts on Katsuki so I'm kinda over trying to push it.
Pegasus30
Pegasus30
Goon
Pegasus30
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1774 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:02 am

Post by Pegasus30 »

In post 1764, chamber wrote:I haven't actually read it. With no offense intended to you, interacting with your walls is easily the most draining experience for me in this game, and is probably a large contributing factor to me being demotivated at points. I was most active and interested in the game today when not being dragged around by you. Not only do I dislike walls in general, but your way of thinking is just different from mine. It makes it hard.

None taken but a couple of questions:
1. In MacBeth mafia most of which I read, you seemed to have a lot more fire to avoid getting lynched when DrippingGoofball started tunneling you. Is there a reason you are seemingly okay with your lynch here? What's the difference beyond just lots of walls?
2. Do you have a lot of experience playing with Yosarian beyond just Oldy Mafia? You've both been on site for ten years based on your join date.

On the subject of walling, it works for me and I'm not going to change my playstyle so you're just going to have to work around it. Personally I tend to be surprised that players who dislike walls pursue a text-based game as a hobby.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”