NY 188: Delicious Mafia II (Post-game chatter)

goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #3300 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:49 am

Post by goodmorning »

My D1 reads woulda been great if anyone had given me time to make them before D4...
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3301 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:14 am

Post by Nosferatu »

I don't think I gave reads D1 lol
BRASIL BRASIL BRASIL BRRRRR
last.fm
gtkas
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3302 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:31 am

Post by Kop »

I think my reads were spot on imo.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3303 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:31 am

Post by Kop »

:lol:
You'll Never Walk Alone!
GrayFoxxxx
GrayFoxxxx
Mafia Scum
GrayFoxxxx
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3304 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:05 pm

Post by GrayFoxxxx »

In post 3302, Kop wrote:I think my reads were spot on imo.

Flawless
-Neither enemy nor friend.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3305 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:06 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

Have all the scum agree'd to have their PT's released yet?

I think Fro99er did.

Kop-you didn't say anything.

It'd be nice if you guys said something one way or another.

Keep in mind, I never have a problem with releasing any of my scum PT's, even the one in 185 that was 24 pages long and has a lot of info. in it about how I think and play as scum.

So do me a favor and don't hold back. TIA
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3306 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:18 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

Reading the dead thread made me realize how retarded I am.
last.fm
gtkas
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3307 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:19 pm

Post by Kop »

I'm ok for releasing pt.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3308 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:08 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 3306, Nosferatu wrote:Reading the dead thread made me realize how retarded I am.

It's ok it's easy to complain when you're dead and have spoilers. Don't take it to heart.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3309 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:15 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

BUT Kop should have been lynched way earlier

/bitterness
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3310 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:17 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

I've come to realize two faults in my play.

1. Assertions over inquiry - thought neighborizer would unbalance ww team
2. Letting go of a scum read - let go of Kop way too easily.

So at least I learned something.
last.fm
gtkas
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #3311 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:23 am

Post by goodmorning »

Well, on the other hand, there's me, who doesn't let go of fucking any read ever. There's such a thing as too much read consistency too.
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3312 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:21 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 3305, SilverWolf wrote:Have all the scum agree'd to have their PT's released yet?

I think Fro99er did.

Kop-you didn't say anything.

It'd be nice if you guys said something one way or another.

Keep in mind, I never have a problem with releasing any of my scum PT's, even the one in 185 that was 24 pages long and has a lot of info. in it about how I think and play as scum.

So do me a favor and don't hold back. TIA

Given the chatter about releasing scum PTs over at Steven Universe mafia where I was scum with TSO, I'm going to go ahead and assume TSO is ok with it.
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Ribbit ribbit." -Transcend
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3313 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:22 am

Post by Fro99er »

Also, Kop claimed scum to me and Sky in the penthouse, and we told Anna in northwest neighborhood. I'm not sure why Anna didn't come right out and say that the last day...
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3314 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:30 am

Post by Kop »

In post 3313, Fro99er wrote:Also, Kop claimed scum to me and Sky in the penthouse, and we told Anna in northwest neighborhood. I'm not sure why Anna didn't come right out and say that the last day...

I wasn't expecting to survive, but after game thoughts shows me I know you were planning. And even when I survived and gone into the next day, I knew I was screwed but then when things switched to Mah, I felt that I could do this, but then work got in the way of me pushing harder, but it was a good game.

I don't like playing as scum, in general I am a better player if I am town, and actually can have a good read of the game, but as scum, I just don't know how to portray myself. I brought Wolfy, to at least try counter act that. I feel bad for betraying her :(
You'll Never Walk Alone!
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3315 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:51 am

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 3314, Kop wrote:
I don't like playing as scum, in general I am a better player if I am town, and actually can have a good read of the game, but as scum, I just don't know how to portray myself. I brought Wolfy, to at least try counter act that. I feel bad for betraying her :(

You are not the only friend who has betrayed me as scum. I have betrayed friends as scum as well. It's called playing to your wincon. Actually betrayed is the wrong word. It's called manipulation. Pretty sure I manipulated quite a few people in 180 to be townread by almost everyone.

There was only two times I ever got upset by friends manipulating me as scum-two different games-two different people. There is nothing you did that even came close to what happened in those two instances.

So don't feel bad. I'm easily manipulated as town. That's a part of my meta that is going to be changing in future games.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3316 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:53 am

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 3313, Fro99er wrote:Also, Kop claimed scum to me and Sky in the penthouse, and we told Anna in northwest neighborhood. I'm not sure why Anna didn't come right out and say that the last day...

It's as inexplicable as her shooting obvtown Sky.

She redeemed herself by hammering Kop though IMO.
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3317 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:01 am

Post by Wake1 »

I was pretty paranoid of Wolfie this game.

Could not tell which way.
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3318 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:24 am

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 3317, Wake1 wrote:I was pretty paranoid of Wolfie this game.

You should know, when I am being super argumentative, that I'm more likely to be town than scum. That's been true in so many of my games.

It was really frustrating and annoying that people who were playing with me for the first time like Spiffeh could see that I was town, but people who played with me and knew me could not stop scumreading me.

I'll admit I was trying something new because I had a PR and didn't want to obvtown but still......................I was clearly town.

Like, my play with TSO, do you think I'd ever do that if I was scum with him? That's easily manipulated town Wolfie right there.

Like this describes it I think pretty well for me:

A rule of thumb that scum flail or appearance of emotions tends to feel off is because scum players hold themselves in greater control and when they do lose it, the losing it tends to be out of proportion - mostly because it's pent up and because in-game threat is more critical to the smaller team.

Town tends to get outraged more quickly, and tends not to respond to the specifics. They're more pissed that their innate and pure towniness is somehow being missed, and they're way more paranoid about it.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3319 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:31 am

Post by SilverWolf »

Here's another one that Psyche said to me in a game once that I thought was so good, I copied it down:

"Your vote on me is based on this naive assumption basically every townie has every game that they are obviously town. That if someone thinks they're scum then that someone is either ridiculously dumb or mafia pushing a mislynch. I'm a victim of it, and right now, you are, too. But it's an unrealistic assumption that results in lame situations like these."

This was when I was voting him in the last Delicious game-we were both town.
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3320 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:43 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 3318, SilverWolf wrote:
In post 3317, Wake1 wrote:I was pretty paranoid of Wolfie this game.

You should know, when I am being super argumentative, that I'm more likely to be town than scum. That's been true in so many of my games.

It was really frustrating and annoying that people who were playing with me for the first time like Spiffeh could see that I was town, but people who played with me and knew me could not stop scumreading me.

I'll admit I was trying something new because I had a PR and didn't want to obvtown but still......................I was clearly town.

Like, my play with TSO, do you think I'd ever do that if I was scum with him? That's easily manipulated town Wolfie right there.

Like this describes it I think pretty well for me:

A rule of thumb that scum flail or appearance of emotions tends to feel off is because scum players hold themselves in greater control and when they do lose it, the losing it tends to be out of proportion - mostly because it's pent up and because in-game threat is more critical to the smaller team.

Town tends to get outraged more quickly, and tends not to respond to the specifics. They're more pissed that their innate and pure towniness is somehow being missed, and they're way more paranoid about it.

I don't know. While I did read this post twice and understand it... I also know you're good at this game and, like me, can definitely manipulate your meta. Not trying to get you mad at all: believe me when I say that. What could happen next game you and I are in is that you remember this post when you're Scum, and try to be more super-argumentative. Maybe I'm just being hyper-vigilant or hyper-paranoid; if anything it's somewhat of a compliment in that I have a particularly troublesome time trying to decipher whether you are Town or Scum. I manipulate my meta as Scum very well; I've done things to the point where people ask 'now why would he do this as Scum?'

A skilled Scum can be very outraged as well.

What I try to look for as Town, which helps me, is trying to get conversations going and all the while looking for things that are out of place, like contradictions in one's actions. Not sure when I'll play next, but I would really, really like to play with you again. And Titus.
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3321 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:05 am

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 3320, Wake1 wrote:
I don't know. While I did read this post twice and understand it... I also know you're good at this game and, like me, can definitely manipulate your meta. Not trying to get you mad at all: believe me when I say that. What could happen next game you and I are in is that you remember this post when you're Scum, and try to be more super-argumentative. Maybe I'm just being hyper-vigilant or hyper-paranoid; if anything it's somewhat of a compliment in that I have a particularly troublesome time trying to decipher whether you are Town or Scum. I manipulate my meta as Scum very well; I've done things to the point where people ask 'now why would he do this as Scum?'

A skilled Scum can be very outraged as well.

What I try to look for as Town, which helps me, is trying to get conversations going and all the while looking for things that are out of place, like contradictions in one's actions. Not sure when I'll play next, but I would really, really like to play with you again. And Titus.

I've gotten angry and frustrated as scum just like I do as town. I have never, ever faked my emotions. I really don't have to. I just have them regardless of alignment. There are subtle differences in what makes me upset. I'm already working on changing this part of my meta but not because I'm trying to keep from being caught as scum or to be more easily read as town when I'm town. It's more for my own mental well being.

And meta manipulation only goes so far. I manipulated my meta in 180 because of so many people in that game who knew me as lurky scum who doesn't analyze things much vs super active, super analytical town wolfie. I think I was one of the top posters in 180 and 185 and constantly analyzed things.

Thing is though, I'm probably gonna be changing that too but it's out of necessity. Partly due to lack of time and energy, and partly just to streamline my posting more so it's more efficient.

I'll gladly play with you again in a future game Wake. I like playing with Titus too but I can tell when she's scum. :wink:
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3322 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:24 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 3275, SilverWolf wrote:I will never assume neighborizers are town ever again.

I will never try to leash again.

I will never out my PR earlier than I have to.

I will try to keep my temper under better control.

Lessons Learned.

This is why Wolfie is great. I will adopt this going forward - especially for reviewing my town games.
Heil King Froggo.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3323 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:58 am

Post by SilverWolf »

Awwww, thanks <3

I honestly do try to learn something from my games and take it with me to future games so I can improve myself.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3324 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:08 am

Post by SilverWolf »

I actually have notes that are with my IC file of things I've found, picked up on. I know that may be kind of nerdish but hey, these tips are useful. I have a bunch of them. For town and scum and just general play. I little Mafia diary so to speak.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”