Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #1775 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:07 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

After this has all happened now, i think it might have been better to have removed the traitor part of the inventor role - I was too busy getting rid of scum from being potentially OP. (there was a chance that Night 3 could have had 3 scum directed kills when the setup first arrived).

Other than that, I forgot to exclude the roles that were changed completely from my attempted look at the balance considerations while it was in review. But then maybe I just expected scum to not lurk as much.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #1776 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:11 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

It was most interesting seeing CPU's claim of knowledge of a scum inventor keep being brought up though.

The lack of information known about the traitor was definitely a mistake anyway.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1777 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:58 pm

Post by Klick »

Oh, that's why CPU kept looking town - she was basically town that happened to win if the scum won.

Oh well. Still satisfied with this game.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1778 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:14 am

Post by Feysal »

Well, that was a bit anticlimactic. I don't blame CPU for conceding though, with Level confirmed and Cephrir, Annarchy and Hiplop ruled out by their own gambit, there was little chance left of them winning.

This was actually my first UPick, except for one that was eaten by tigers and abandoned. I expected a wacky game, though not necessarily role madness, and I certainly got it. I enjoyed my role very much too. Power roles are nice to have, but being guaranteed to live to endgame was better than anything.

I did not say it at the time, but when I posted my reads and tried to push Pegasus, CPU was my second choice. The way I saw it, town Pegasus would have cleared both Hodor and Level, leaving CPU as the only possibility. I was starting to lean toward Hodor later, but even if they had been lynched, it would only have delayed the town victory. I never expected a traitor though. I suspected CPU had lied about being targeted by Heartless to have an excuse to give an invention to their team instead of Matt.

I think my worst problem here was that after being away so long I barely knew anyone. There are many new faces, and I can hardly remember the old ones. I did not know about Antihero's scum meta for instance, if I had, I would have been more hesitant to defend Heartless.

I really hated Pegasus in this game. That condescending attitude would have been insulting from anyone, but coming from him it was insufferable for being so completely unwarranted. As if anyone on this site would need pointers from a lying lurker who only survived because of a cop clear. I never believed any of his claims, and by the end I was ignoring his posts.

In post 1751, Cheetory6 wrote:He actually shot Pegasus that night.
Which failed because the Conduit couldn't shoot itself.

I was wondering about that missing kill. I hope this knowledge teaches Pegasus something.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1779 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:49 am

Post by Cephrir »

Oh. Well, ok.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #1780 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:04 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

I can feel the judgment from here :P
Shazam
Shazam
Goon
Shazam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1781 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:10 am

Post by Shazam »

Dangit guys, my only contribution to the game was finding CPU-scum, and you didn't listen before OR after I died.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1782 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:38 am

Post by notscience »

Also, I legitimately wanted to PL spicer, for those saying it was fake.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #1783 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:57 am

Post by hiplop »

cheetory I will happily play all your future games if you keep the fun mechanic approach! I loved this game!

I'd rather have swingy but fun and mostly balanced than balanced and boring!

as long as it doesnt feel like an autowin, I'm pretty content lol
third best scummer of all time
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #1784 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:03 am

Post by MattP »

Yep, again, I really enjoyed the game and your modding Cheetory *two thumbs up*
SlappyKrust
Pegasus30
Pegasus30
Goon
Pegasus30
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1785 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:30 am

Post by Pegasus30 »

In post 1778, Feysal wrote:I really hated Pegasus in this game. That condescending attitude would have been insulting from anyone, but coming from him it was insufferable for being so completely unwarranted. As if anyone on this site would need pointers from a lying lurker who only survived because of a cop clear. I never believed any of his claims, and by the end I was ignoring his posts.

I laid low and concealed my role because I overestimated its importance. I assumed it was more along the lines of me having to be alive for the town to use their roles.

Thinking I only survived because I had a cop clear is getting the causation wrong. I knew I was confirmed town and wasn't getting lynched and so was more abrasive to get reactions - and I succeeded where you were concerned by interpreting your angry response as town. It'd be more accurate to say YOU would have been lynched if I wasn't abrasive.

In post 1778, Feysal wrote:

I was wondering about that missing kill. I hope this knowledge teaches Pegasus something.

It teaches me Banakai has shit reads. The way I played, even while laying low I let slip enough information that a semi-decent player would be able to read me as town. Instead of complaining at endgame, read your own play and learn what you can do better. Don't be a mediocre player who thinking everything has to fit into their worldview and when you get a read wrong, blame it on the other person. That'll never help you improve.

And check the votecounts before you vote.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #1786 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:33 am

Post by hiplop »

yeah, even before the clear I thought it was incredibly obvious peg was town
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1787 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:53 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1785, Pegasus30 wrote:It teaches me Banakai has shit reads. The way I played, even while laying low I let slip enough information that a semi-decent player would be able to read me as town. Instead of complaining at endgame, read your own play and learn what you can do better. Don't be a mediocre player who thinking everything has to fit into their worldview and when you get a read wrong, blame it on the other person. That'll never help you improve.

"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Pegasus30
Pegasus30
Goon
Pegasus30
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1788 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:00 am

Post by Pegasus30 »

If you have something on your chest that you want to let out, say it. Or PM it to me. Game's over. And your sarcastic little jibs and gifs aren't getting your point across. Or, you could forget about it and not continue arguing after the game ends.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1789 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:15 am

Post by Feysal »

Arrogant to the end I see. Why don't you take your own advice and learn what
you
could have done better instead of dismissing everyone else as idiots?

You will not find many people willing to play with you with that attitude. Enjoy being permanently blacklisted.
Pegasus30
Pegasus30
Goon
Pegasus30
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1790 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:20 am

Post by Pegasus30 »

In post 1789, Feysal wrote:Arrogant to the end I see. Why don't you take your own advice and learn what
you
could have done better instead of dismissing everyone else as idiots?

You will not find many people willing to play with you with that attitude. Enjoy being permanently blacklisted.

Yeah... I was the one whining at endgame about disliking other people's play.

Dude, I didn't post at all at endgame until I saw your post complaining. Try and observe common courtesy and not let in-game stuff continue after it ends. I don't care what you think about my play considering what I think about yours.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1791 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:24 am

Post by Klick »

I had fun with most of the people in this game! :) Sorry I tunneled on you a little towards the end Feysal. You were a lot of fun.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #1792 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:30 am

Post by hiplop »

man feysal your avatar change makes me see you so differently lol
TriforceP
TriforceP
Goon
TriforceP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1793 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:13 am

Post by TriforceP »

Am I the only one who read that post in Vanellope's voice?
Banakai
Banakai
Goon
Banakai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1794 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:13 am

Post by Banakai »

And this totally wouldn't of happened if pegasus just claimed his fricken role >.<
Banakai
Banakai
Goon
Banakai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1795 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:15 am

Post by Banakai »

Also kind of lame that none of the scum were active in the game besides cpu
TriforceP
TriforceP
Goon
TriforceP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1796 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:38 am

Post by TriforceP »

I take offense to that
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1797 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:01 pm

Post by Feysal »

In post 1791, Klick wrote:Sorry I tunneled on you a little towards the end Feysal. You were a lot of fun.

That is okay, if I had a problem with being suspected I would not be playing mafia. The way I saw it, you voted me because I had not been confirmed in any way. It was the same for me with Pegasus, CPU being scum seemed like such a remote possibility that I could not see any other choice.

In post 1792, hiplop wrote:Man Feysal, your avatar change makes me see you so differently lol.

I actually intended to change it before the game started, but decided to save it for when I got killed. That never happened, but it was about time I got rid of Frog. I think the contrast is bad though, I'll have to see if I can make a better one.

In post 1793, TriforceP wrote:Am I the only one who read that post in Vanellope's voice?

The avatar change was totally worth it for this alone. I find it hard to imagine though, Vanellope would have used more
colorful
words.

I only saw Wreck-It Ralph in April this year, but it had a huge influence on me. I cannot explain why, even to myself, but after seeing the movie I was inspired to relearn everything I had ever known about computer animation and then some. I wrote my own game engine within a few weeks, and then began to make models to use in it. I have one character I modeled after Vanellope in fact, but she's not quite finished. The rigging needs more work, and she is untextured.

Which characters did everyone submit by the way? My second one was Gadget from the Rescue Rangers. I was a huge fan when I was ten, and still remember the series fondly. My third choice was pretty irrelevant, I trusted my second pick at least would be obscure enough.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1798 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:11 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Pumbaa, Kovu, Copper :)