Micro 527 - Double Lynch (The End)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
IceGuy
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Micro 527 - Double Lynch (The End)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:11 am

Post by IceGuy »

Double Lynch

Spoiler: Alive (3/5)
catboi *
Tetaes

* denotes a prod.

Spoiler: Dead (2/5)
Not_Mafia -
Mafia Goon
- has been lynched Day 1.
Kaboose -
Vanilla Townie
- has been lynched Day 1.
Junpei -
Vanilla Townie
- has been lynched Day 2.

Spoiler: Replacements
Last edited by IceGuy on Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:14 am, edited 7 times in total.
IceGuy
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:11 am

Post by IceGuy »

Rules

General

All usual MafiaScum rules apply. If you're unsure whether you're allowed to do something, PM me.

Voting

Votes must be clearly recognizable as such. If it looks like a vote and the name is unambiguous, it'll be counted. Unvotes are not necessary. You can't vote for no-lynch.

Lynches

When a player has the majority of votes, they'll be lynched. If no player has the majority by the deadline, the player with the most votes will be lynched; if there are several players with the same highest amount of votes, the player who reached the number first will be lynched. If there are no votes, a random player will be lynched.

Deadlines

Deadlines for lynches are 14 days.

Posting and Activity

Don't post in
bold and blue
, since this formatting is reserved for the Mod. Don't do "bah" type posts.

You will be automatically prodded if you haven't shown any activity in-thread for 48 hours or more since your last post, the end of a V/LA or the start of the day.

You may declare yourself V/LA only in-thread and bolded (except when the thread is closed, in which case PM me).

You will be replaced if you don't post for 48 hours after a prod, or if you would be prodded a fourth time, or when I judge your lack of activity is negatively impacting the game.
Last edited by IceGuy on Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
IceGuy
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:12 am

Post by IceGuy »

Role PMs

Mafia Goons

Hi (player)! You are a
Mafia Goon

You are aligned with
the Mafia

Your partner is (player), also a
Mafia Goon

You win when at least one Mafia member is alive and all members of the Town are dead, or nothing can prevent the same.

You have the following factional ability:
  • Communication:
    You can converse with each other at any time here.

The game thread is here.
There is no need to formally confirm; however, you need to post in the game thread within 48 hours of receiving this PM or you'll be prodded. The game thread will open once all role PMs have been sent out.

Vanilla Townies

Hi (player)! You are a
Vanilla Townie

You are aligned with
the Town

You win when all members of the Mafia are dead.

The game thread is here.
There is no need to formally confirm; however, you need to post in the game thread within 48 hours of receiving this PM or you'll be prodded. The game thread will open once all role PMs have been sent out.
IceGuy
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:13 am

Post by IceGuy »

Special Mechanics

On Day 1, two players are lynched. They flip only after both lynches have happened; the first lynched player can continue to talk and vote until the second lynch happens.

In the beginning of Day 2, one remaining townie (chosen at random) will be publicly mod-confirmed.
IceGuy
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:21 am

Post by IceGuy »

All role PMs are out. Day 1 begins now.

Vote Count

Not voting (5): Not_Mafia, Kaboose, catboi, Tetaes, Junpei

With 5 alive, it's 3 to lynch.

Deadline is September 28th, 5 p.m. CEST.
Kaboose
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:29 am

Post by Kaboose »

This is not a formal confirmation.
Tetaes
Tetaes
Goon
Tetaes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:36 am

Post by Tetaes »

This isn't formal either
And, here we have the signature. Most people either use this just to insert some random philosophical terms or just plain nonsense.
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:39 am

Post by Junpei »

well I don't recognize anyone here which means everyone is probably newish

I also don't believe that this mechanic needs to affect the way we play the game but it will be cool to talk to the first person we lynch.

Looks like mafia can't kill either which could have an effect on the way I read people.

Hopefully you guys say some relevant stuff because 3 days of nonsense is exactly what the mafia want.
The melody of logic always plays the notes of truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA41ggsdeXE
Kaboose
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:57 am

Post by Kaboose »

VOTE: jun
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:37 am

Post by Junpei »

Kaboose wrote:VOTE: jun

oh it's one of those players that thinks that by doing nothing they are advancing the game further because I responded with something more than nothing. In reality I wouldn't be saying nothing anyway, so this post is pointless.

catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:05 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 7, Junpei wrote:I also don't believe that this mechanic needs to affect the way we play the game but it will be cool to talk to the first person we lynch.

I was thinking about this before the game started and I think it's better to forego any sort of RVS shenanigans because of the setup, don't think pressure is effective and risks of an early hammer far outweigh any sort of benefit. I normally like to push a vote early game, but I think the better strategy for town here is to focus on looking for a single townread rather than looking for scumtells of any sort. Unfortunately, posts so far haven't really made a strong impression on me.
Kaboose
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:24 pm

Post by Kaboose »

In post 10, catboi wrote:
In post 7, Junpei wrote:I also don't believe that this mechanic needs to affect the way we play the game but it will be cool to talk to the first person we lynch.

I was thinking about this before the game started and I think it's better to forego any sort of RVS shenanigans because of the setup, don't think pressure is effective and risks of an early hammer far outweigh any sort of benefit. I normally like to push a vote early game, but I think the better strategy for town here is to focus on looking for a single townread rather than looking for scumtells of any sort. Unfortunately, posts so far haven't really made a strong impression on me.

There's been a whole five posts and you're complaining/upset over posts not making a strong impression?

Also my vote is real and not moving.
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:40 pm

Post by Junpei »

well yeah its 3v2 so we shouldn't randomly vote like Kaboose already did.

how about everyone says something with respect to the best method they can think of to scumhunt in LYLO situations.

catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:38 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 11, Kaboose wrote:There's been a whole five posts and you're complaining/upset over posts not making a strong impression?

Also my vote is real and not moving.

I'm just commenting. And I'm well aware it's real. It also does nothing for me.
IceGuy
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:08 pm

Post by IceGuy »

Vote Count

Junpei (1): Kaboose

Not voting (4): Not_Mafia, catboi, Tetaes, Junpei

Kaboose
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:24 am

Post by Kaboose »

In post 12, Junpei wrote:

well yeah its 3v2 so we shouldn't
randomly vote like Kaboose already did.

how about everyone says something with respect to the best method they can think of to scumhunt in LYLO situations.

I didn't randomly vote.
Tetaes
Tetaes
Goon
Tetaes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:05 am

Post by Tetaes »

Kaboose wrote:
In post 12, Junpei wrote:

well yeah its 3v2 so we shouldn't
randomly vote like Kaboose already did.

I didn't randomly vote.

Then please elaborate, because I found your vote as really nonsensical.
And, here we have the signature. Most people either use this just to insert some random philosophical terms or just plain nonsense.
Kaboose
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:46 am

Post by Kaboose »

In post 7, Junpei wrote:well I don't recognize anyone here which means everyone is probably newish
I don't recognize you, so does that make you "newish"? And why would you bring this up in your clear attempt to establish a useful post? Seems like words for no reason.

I also don't believe that this mechanic needs to affect the way we play the game but it will be cool to talk to the first person we lynch.
I don't like your assumption here that maybe you won't be the first one lynched, like a subconsciousness keeping you from thinking you could be lynched perhaps because you know you have help... Also how is it town to just not care about game mechanics going on? You really want to just ignore how the game works? That's terrible.

Looks like mafia can't kill either which could have an effect on the way I read people.
Oh so now you're contradicting what you just said... We should play this game normal but like yeah since mafia can't kill that will have an effect on how you read people. So the game mechanics actually do matter, or don't?

Hopefully you guys say some relevant stuff because 3 days of nonsense is exactly what the mafia want.
And sandwhich this all with another words for no reason nonsense that you're preaching you don't want. Like you start this game with this post and end it practically with an insult to all the rest of us. This entire post feels forced to me. 1/10 would not bang, would lynch tho

I'm the bold
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:08 am

Post by Junpei »

Kaboose wrote:
In post 7, Junpei wrote:well I don't recognize anyone here which means everyone is probably newish
I don't recognize you, so does that make you "newish"? And why would you bring this up in your clear attempt to establish a useful post? Seems like words for no reason.

I don't like your assumption here that maybe you won't be the first one lynched, like a subconsciousness keeping you from thinking you could be lynched perhaps because you know you have help... Also how is it town to just not care about game mechanics going on? You really want to just ignore how the game works? That's terrible.

Oh so now you're contradicting what you just said... We should play this game normal but like yeah since mafia can't kill that will have an effect on how you read people. So the game mechanics actually do matter, or don't?

And sandwhich this all with another words for no reason nonsense that you're preaching you don't want. Like you start this game with this post and end it practically with an insult to all the rest of us. This entire post feels forced to me. 1/10 would not bang, would lynch tho

I'm the bold

Kaboose, the fact that there's two lynches doesn't really change anything particularly when contrasted with other games I've played (like Black and White Mafia). But mafia not being able to kill townies at night most likely will prove to matter.

Anyway... I think that at lylo it's important that every single person ask questions and has serious interactions with every other person, because that's a useful way to get evidence for people being mafia. So we should enforce our own rule that everyone needs to literally interact with everyone

Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:55 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Blah blah blah theory boring

VOTE: Testaes

Don't like 16
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:02 pm

Post by catboi »

I don't get what's bad about that post at all?

17 though I really don't like. The vote was plausible as a kneejerk reactionary sort of thing, that explanation feels overwrought
Kaboose
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:36 pm

Post by Kaboose »

NM are you town?
IceGuy
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:05 pm

Post by IceGuy »

Vote Count

Tetaes (1): Not_Mafia
Junpei (1): Kaboose

Not voting (3): Tetaes, catboi, Junpei

Tetaes
Tetaes
Goon
Tetaes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:47 am

Post by Tetaes »

In post 19, Not_Mafia wrote:Blah blah blah theory boring

VOTE: Testaes

Don't like 16

What. Is it because I'm being too sincere?
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:05 pm

Post by Junpei »

People really aren't posting are they. Come on guys, lets have some discussion. I've tried to get some activity by posing a question even.

I am suspicious of catboi though, not going to vote yet because it's a 5p game.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”