Micro 545 | Slavic Music Mafia | Endgame

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:10 am

Post by Bins »

In post 96, The_Jester wrote:However, there should be a balance- we can't just create 36 rooms at once cause it would be way too chaotic. I think we should do this methodically- as in, take one person, create him/her rooms with every other player and let them talk (like we began doing at the beginning with notscience). In the meantime, the rest can have an open discussion.

This is pretty much what I'm saying.
is this where I tell you to swipe right

gtkas
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:11 am

Post by Espeonage »

In post 99, Bins wrote:
In post 97, Espeonage wrote:
In post 95, Bins wrote:so the simplest way would be to NOT SHOOT THEMSELF IN THE FACE

Everyone is a bodyguard. There is next to zero chance scum are going to kill who they target. If anything, the person they target has the least chance of dying out of everyone because they can't protect themselves.

Man, if I was scum I would not shoot myself.

If I was scum in this setup I would shoot whoever the most universally town read person as they are most likely to have the most protections on them. And if that is me, and I'm scum, I am 100% shooting at myself because it results in the most town deaths and provided I can read what people's townreads are then there is no risk at all.
Don't @ me.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:12 am

Post by Espeonage »

In post 100, Bins wrote:
In post 96, The_Jester wrote:However, there should be a balance- we can't just create 36 rooms at once cause it would be way too chaotic. I think we should do this methodically- as in, take one person, create him/her rooms with every other player and let them talk (like we began doing at the beginning with notscience). In the meantime, the rest can have an open discussion.

This is pretty much what I'm saying.

Then why the fuck are you arguing against me if you agree with my stance?
Don't @ me.
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:13 am

Post by Bins »

"pretty much"

As in, I do think we should use rooms but not to the extent where we silence someone right out of the gate and shove every one in rooms to begin with.

gtkas
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:17 am

Post by Espeonage »

That the entire point of the exercise though. A central theme if you will. Which means that is in no way at all, what you were saying.
Don't @ me.
herrcombs
herrcombs
Goon
herrcombs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:18 am

Post by herrcombs »

In post 85, Espeonage wrote:
In post 26, herrcombs wrote:Not only did I not get first post, but I didn't even make the first page.

Damn.

VOTE: Apricity

Just before this gets lost. Why did you not have any comments on the plan when you came in?

I hadn't read anything on the first page when I came in. I made my post right before I went to bed last night. I woke up to learn that I already have a room and there's this plan to break up the players of the game into a large number of individual rooms.

It does seem like an interesting plan. I have zero experience with this mechanic, but it seems like it could be useful down the road in acquiring information in real time away from the main thread. Although I am not sure why it is preferable to RVS... Do you really think people can "slip up" this early in D1 (referring to the end of your )?

I guess I don't fully agree with the plan because I don't understand it that well.

pedit: Ok, Jester's puts into words what I had swimming around in my head... I can understand isolating one person early and having the rest of us continue to communicate in the main thread, I think that way we can avoid mass chaos and still have some sort of main train of thought to follow.

pedit2: Holy crap, I wish I wasn't so slow at typing out my posts. There have been over 20 posts made since I started writing my original post, and there's much I want to respond to.
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Any/all

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:19 am

Post by Postie »

Get a Room: Espeonage/Bins
Discourse is fleeting, but junk mail is forever.
herrcombs
herrcombs
Goon
herrcombs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:23 am

Post by herrcombs »

Wow, major derp moment on my part. I glossed over Expe's and , which actually alleviate my confusion quite a bit.

In post 12, Espeonage wrote:Ok so my thinking here is that we can force someone out of thread. All at the same time, use two days and get everyone to report back at the end of the 48 hours.

In post 15, Espeonage wrote:Yeah I like this approach. The sooner the better. We won't do it for everyone, but I think this provides an interesting alternative to RVS.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:26 am

Post by Plotinus »

Official Vote Count 1.04 Драган Каранфиловски-Бојс - Опасно сум вљубен во тебе

Бели коњи седлани и сјајни бисери
Јас ќе донесам
Тајни морски длабини и златни ливади
Ќе ти подарам
White horses with saddles and shiny pearls
I will bring you them
The secrets of the sea depths and golden meadows
I will give you them

lynching
With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

:!:
The_Jester
(L-3): wgeurts, Postie
Espeonage
(L-3): Bins, notscience
Bins
(L-4): Espeonage
Apricity
(L-4): herrcombs

Not Voting
(3): Apricity, Tere, The_Jester

get a room
It takes 3 votes to get a room.

notscience and The_Jester
(R-1): The_Jester, Espeonage
espeonage and Bins
(R-2): Postie

Not Voting
(6): Apricity, Bins, herrcombs,
Postie
, Tere, wgeurts, notscience,

Post restrictions
Spoiler: Current post restrictions: (may not talk to or about each other in public, may vote and unvote normally)
Bins and notscience (expired on 2015-10-30 08:00:00)
Espeonage and notscience (expired on 2015-10-30 08:15:00)
notscience and wgeurts (expired on 2015-10-30 08:15:00)
notscience and Postie (expired on 2015-10-30 08:15:00)
herrcombs and notscience (expired on 2015-10-30 10:00:00)
Espeonage and Postie (expired on 2015-10-30 18:30:00)

Spoiler: Infractions
Bins [1/3]

Deadline: (expired on 2015-11-11 14:00:00).

Let me know if there are any problems with the VC, or if you have music genre requests (rap, pop, ballads, folk, sad, happy, angry, gay, purple, a specific country, etc. I've got about 77 bands lined up to choose from!)

Mod notes: I love ALL of you.
I’m using dice tags to pick which song so don’t read anything into it.
Tere is V/LA until Thursday afternoon.
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:46 am

Post by Bins »

In post 106, Postie wrote:
Get a Room: Espeonage/Bins

hahaaHAHAHAH no

please no

gtkas
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:47 am

Post by Bins »

If you want me to spend two days not being able to formulate my scumread with other people
expect to put me in a room with everyone else first

gtkas
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:26 am

Post by wgeurts »

Wow. Let me read these pages
"
i agree we should have a rule against wgeurts
" -
Davsto

"
let's have 2 rules against wgeurts
" -
DeathRowKitty

herrcombs
herrcombs
Goon
herrcombs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:34 am

Post by herrcombs »

Ok, reading the back and forth between Bins and Espe, I'm actually siding a bit more closely with Bins. A few things about Espe's points that are pinging me atm:

In post 83, Espeonage wrote:These are neighbourhoods where you aren't restricted by mod wifom. That makes them incredibly useful. If two people are town reading each other it functions like a mason QT which is epic. If anything it brings about wonderful opportunities for scumhunting in a one on one environment and lets people drill others for a spell when they can't call for public aid. There is so much potential int he mechanic I don't understand how limiting yourself to the ingame thread is useful at all.

We're four pages into the game here. It feels like Espe is arguing points that don't apply to this stage of the game, which looks strange to me. I know he's being aggressive with the "plan" to use the mechanic as an early tool, but I can't tell here if he's trying to defend its use in general, or defend its use early game as a replacement for RVS. Scratching my head a bit at the dissonance.

In post 87, Espeonage wrote:Ok no, firstly, in the rules scum can target themselves. So that line is categorically wrong, nothing is gained at all from discovering the NK target.

Bins hit on this in , but Espe's argument and use of the blanket phrase "nothing is gained at all" ignores any elements of psychology that can be used when examining NKs. Just because scum can target themselves, doesn't mean that they are as likely to target themselves as a random townie.

In post 90, Espeonage wrote:Scum is able to shoot themselves without dying.

Scum is able to do so, but there
is
a chance that they will have no bodyguard protection, directly leading to the death of a scum, playing against their wincon. There's no rational reason for scum to target themselves when they could target a townie instead and end up with a townie dead.

In post 97, Espeonage wrote:Everyone is a bodyguard. There is next to zero chance scum are going to kill who they target. If anything, the person they target has the least chance of dying out of everyone because they can't protect themselves.

That's not how probability works. The chance that scum hits their target is far from zero, depending on your assumptions. And the last sentence doesn't even make sense -- No one has the ability to protect themselves, so that has zero effect on the chances of a given target dying.

In post 101, Espeonage wrote:If I was scum in this setup I would shoot whoever the most universally town read person as they are most likely to have the most protections on them. And if that is me, and I'm scum, I am 100% shooting at myself because it results in the most town deaths and provided I can read what people's townreads are then there is no risk at all.

That's not how the mechanic works, reread the mod rules. Regardless of how many people are protecting the target, only one person dies as a result from a scum NK.

Espe, maybe you could clarify for me if I'm misunderstanding you somewhere here?
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:46 am

Post by Espeonage »

@above:
1. Both
2. I think it's safe to assume there will be a pool of people that are intelligent NK picks.
3. There is potential for more death.
4. If you can't target yourself, then you won't be protecting yourself, and therefore won't be dying.
5. Ok I did miss that.
Don't @ me.
Apricity
Apricity
Mafia Scum
Apricity
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:09 pm

Post by Apricity »

I have never seen or even heard of this get a room mechanic before, so I'm likely not understanding all of its implications. I'm busy today so I may not get a chance to sit down and really read until late tonight or tomorrow after school. Just upon skimming quickly, I think I like NotScience and Postie.
Tere
Tere
Mafia Scum
Tere
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:52 am

Post by Tere »

Hi,

Just caught up.

I think the room mechanic is pro-town.

Plot, I got a bit confused and initially thought the room was only for the 48 hours you can't talk about the other person, it's definitely for the rest of the game, right?

Rooms are open for the rest of the game. --P

I'm pro getting a room with anyone who wants a room with me. I am short of time though - regular weekend V/LA soonish and away for one day next week as well. I'm not away for a large chunk of time until the end of next month though. So there's plenty of time with 14 day day cycles IMO. :)

I think right now notty and Espe look town for the aggressive pursuit of the room mechanic and Bins sort of looks town for her grump about it.
Last edited by Plotinus on Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mostly V/LA at weekends. GTKAS - Tere
I am also really too busy to play mafia to the quality level I prefer. I should spectate. If you see me in more than one game tell me off! Also invite me to cool games to spectate. I will bring cupcakes! <3
Tere
Tere
Mafia Scum
Tere
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:43 am

Post by Tere »

Jester might be OK for the suggestion to pick one person at a time to cause less chaos and I thought Herrcombs big ole thoughtful post just up there looked OK too. wguerts looked a bit like his play in Nightless (where I am 99% sure he was town).

I need to pick my husband up in just over an hour and I have stuff to do.

Anyone need anything from me?

n.b. ATM the post restriction note from Plot shows who has a room but that will change once we get further into the game, obvs. I'll set up some tracking for that next week I guess.
I am also really too busy to play mafia to the quality level I prefer. I should spectate. If you see me in more than one game tell me off! Also invite me to cool games to spectate. I will bring cupcakes! <3
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:34 am

Post by wgeurts »

Sorry I've not been too active recentely, I've got an important German exam tommorow (and I suck at German) which I need to get a good grade for. I'll then be posting my usual ammount.
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

Tere
Tere
Mafia Scum
Tere
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:41 am

Post by Tere »

*tumbleweed*

Where is everybody, talking in their rooms I hope?

I don't see any party going hell no so I'm going to help the notty / Jester room along.

Get a Room: Notscience and The Jester

get a room
It takes 3 votes to get a room.

notscience and The_Jester
(R-0): The_Jester, Espeonage, Tere
<— ROOM

espeonage and Bins
(R-2): Postie

Not Voting
(6): Apricity, Bins, herrcombs,
Postie, Tere
, wgeurts, notscience,
Last edited by Plotinus on Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:13 am

Post by wgeurts »

In post 49, Postie wrote:
In post 42, The_Jester wrote:I don't think claims have too much effect in the setup but whatever. I'm a town Bodyguard.

If you know claims are basically useless in this setup then why did you feel the need to claim?

VOTE: The_Jester
So before I disappeared due to IRL reasons I made a short point about this point. We are all bodyguards and it's obvious the Jester knew this (who in turn reacted too seriously to my joke). Postie not realising that it's of no importance for our claims could be a possible scum-slip as they don't have the bodyguard role. It's a weak tell, but something we should store as possible evidence later.

Jester feels town to me though and possibly Bins. Honestly we need mote discussion.
What are your reads Esp?

And as I've got nothing else to go off:
VOTE: Postie
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:56 am

Post by Bins »

yeah I keep typing my thoughts up here and going

"meh I'll do it in my room"

gtkas
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:57 am

Post by Bins »

oh yeah notscience is very town to me right now

gtkas
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Any/all

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:52 am

Post by Postie »

I'll be posting some stuff shortly, but I really need the post restriction that I got because of the other (not notscience) room to expire before I can give my full thoughts.
Discourse is fleeting, but junk mail is forever.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:59 am

Post by notscience »

IM FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST