Blitz 2: The Stars My Destination Mafia- GAME OVER!

This forum was a trial run for quick games with deadlines no more than 96 hours per Day. Please see more here
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1175 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:22 pm

Post by ika »

also page top

its late here so i might post stuff later, but i will say this now

Best neigborhood i had in a long time, jsut about every other time i had one it had scum, this game jsut felt right in the hood

ABR is kidna pathetic for repalcing out like that, i dont have any real vendetta against him but he did drop his scum tell which is why i would not let up on him
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1176 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:25 pm

Post by talah »

Yeah it looked pretty fun over in your neck of the woods.

Ours was all srsbsnss and even then I was hard-townreading Pere just based on the fact I didn't think an identical fakeclaim would be given to my own role. Never seen that before.

So...
Optimal townplay is to just fakeclaim a bunch of bullshit to draw nightkills / confuse scum these days? Along with generally giving no reasons for reads, unless pushed, ofc.
What happens when the well of previously learned meta runs dry?

Egh I understand my reads were really bad this game but I'm used to games where scum can be determined by, y'know, trying to find inconsistencies in stated opinions, and motivations that are scummy.

:(
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1177 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:25 pm

Post by talah »

And I'm probably just butthurt, but yeah.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1178 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:29 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1167, Syryana wrote:
In post 1163, chamber wrote:Scum got owned during the day anyway, but this setup seems to lean pretty hard towards town.

They did. And though town did have a lot of PRs scum also had a great deal of counterpower; jailkeeper for the townish claim and roleblockery (or even saving a scum from a vig), strongman beats both roleblockery and the one shot BP.

Sure it was swingy as hell, but I don't think it was terribly townsided.

Also,
@Ranger
, I loved your play here, but I am sort of curious: why the FACK would you watch Molla N1?

I can sorta answer that. Ranger thought scum might skip over you N1 because of the likelihood you'd get doc'd. Which, if scum hadn't had a strongman shot and if town had a doctor...might have happened.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1179 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:30 pm

Post by ika »

In post 1176, talah wrote:Optimal townplay is to just fakeclaim a bunch of bullshit to draw nightkills / confuse scum these days?

Along with generally giving no reasons for reads, unless pushed, ofc.

the first part is subjective. me/bbmolla gambited cus we were neighbors and knew what we were doing, if i was jsut a lone VT i prob would of faked a diffrent role. The thing was is that we jsut blaitently trusted each other to a degree where we could face claim our role with 0 drawback. I mean the hood was the biggest pull for us.

As for the later, that seems to be kinda norm? i mean i like to do it for reaciotns. but i will gloss over wall reads all i usal do is leave a sentance or 2. the one with gash though was based on the hood so i didnt have any "real" evidience he was town outside of role
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1180 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:31 pm

Post by ika »

i would say as watch, alwasy watch the claimed PR regardless, if there was a hypothical doc alive and the watcher spotted it and 2 other people died, then you know who the doc is as another confirmed town.

jsut my 2 cents
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1181 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:43 pm

Post by talah »

Well you were - I'm not going to say easy to read - but at least readable. The first few things you said were risky if you were going to just do nothing afterward and I was able to read you because you engaged with me and explained where you were coming from (I could say the same of Ranger Day 2 and sort of pignash as well, but then with Pere in my blind spot I was looking for something a bit more difficult to find in Nosferatu/Mala, for example).

The problem from my perspective was - I had a bunch of incorrect information I was trying to figure things out based on. And I was travelling on the assumption that town basically don't - or try not to - lie.
This was made all the more frustrating by the fact I had Spiffeh in our PT wanting to out our neighbourhood (ok) and then wanting all of us to claim (ok) which didn't eventuate (probably a good thing but GRR), and Molla and yourself mentioning massclaim when I was drooling over that as well just so we could figure out what was probably true and what was probably false.
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1182 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:07 pm

Post by ika »

In post 1181, talah wrote:Well you were - I'm not going to say easy to read - but at least readable.

I tend to leave myself an air of oodities to keep people who dont know me all that well engadged with me, its how i keep myself motivated

The first few things you said were risky if you were going to just do nothing afterward and I was able to read you because you engaged with me and explained where you were coming from (I could say the same of Ranger Day 2 and sort of pignash as well, but then with Pere in my blind spot I was looking for something a bit more difficult to find in Nosferatu/Mala, for example).

Thats towns job to be slightly transparent. I knwo you were town based on how nitpicky you are, it used to be an old town trait of mine i abuse a lot but it becomae annoying and taxing to me.

The problem from my perspective was - I had a bunch of incorrect information I was trying to figure things out based on. And I was travelling on the assumption that town basically don't - or try not to - lie.

This will eb twofold one

the first is the setup: i can understand how you got "well this doesn't fit" cus you did have false info (techancly you can blame molla for that cus he claimd doc first and i took it for him), however,one of the thing i had naggling in the back of my mind and breifly brought into the hood (again why i love my hood is that i can post raw there) is that what if it was multiball/sk? doing that openly widens scums escapes cus they jsut ride on that idea. Sometime you ahve to know that you can be right and wrgon on setup spec. I understood your reason for wanting to know my doc shot but even as you can see with a watcher if i claimed i vited BBmolla, ranger would of scrutinized me, i try to keep the gambit cut possible when i do my fakeclaims so i dont make a false claim and then ahve to come out and be liek "ya im VT who lied:

the second is lying: this one again is a subjective thing, i realzie that most towns should not lie. however i run under the principle of "if you can gambit and get away, do it" that can incluse lying. However i leave my lies either vauge enough to get people to stir up a convo, or strightfoward enough to where it gets shrugged off until later.

This was made all the more frustrating by the fact I had Spiffeh in our PT wanting to out our neighbourhood (ok) and then wanting all of us to claim (ok) which didn't eventuate (probably a good thing but GRR), and Molla and yourself mentioning massclaim when I was drooling over that as well just so we could figure out what was probably true and what was probably false.

That was the thing, the hood was had was basicly a masonary. So it is very fickle to reveal . BBmola did good on jsut saying "well i got a hood" and i think that would of been sufficent info to tey to setupepec form there. If i ever get a hood thats masonry to me, i will not out them. I would jsue say "they are mason to me"
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1183 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:37 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Can I just say I fucking wrecked this game
Come see me in the Great American Melodrama in Oceano
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1184 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:38 pm

Post by BBmolla »

And sure I misread Firebringer at the start but I think it's reasonable for the reasons I gave.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1185 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:40 pm

Post by BBmolla »

This was townsided as fuck tho to be fair to scum.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1186 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:43 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Actually I'll give ika credit for the ABR/DGB lynch
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1187 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:45 pm

Post by BBmolla »

I think a large part of it was me lucking out in who was in this game, these players are all pretty readable with my own set of tells.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1188 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:47 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 1166, fferyllt wrote:bbmolla, Syryana and Ranger had awesome reads right from the start,

not from the start

but I got there
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1189 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:47 pm

Post by talah »

Thanks for the explanations ika.

Yeah yeah Molla. Well done. I give more credit to Syr but y'know :D
Also your read on me was shit. But you did take time out to explain stuff so, thanks?

<3
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1190 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:49 pm

Post by BBmolla »

yeah nvm my reads sucked ass this game look at my votes lmfao
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1191 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:50 pm

Post by BBmolla »

talah I struggled with you because you focused on such asinine irrelevant shit that it makes conversation with you come off ungenuine. A shit ton of your posts today came off as genuine frustration though.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1192 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:52 pm

Post by BBmolla »

ika legit well played this game, and I don't think I'd ever say that to you. Not that you're terrible, but I've never been impressed by your play as much as I was here.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1193 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 1176, talah wrote:Yeah it looked pretty fun over in your neck of the woods.

Ours was all srsbsnss and even then I was hard-townreading Pere just based on the fact I didn't think an identical fakeclaim would be given to my own role. Never seen that before.

So...
Optimal townplay is to just fakeclaim a bunch of bullshit to draw nightkills / confuse scum these days? Along with generally giving no reasons for reads, unless pushed, ofc.
What happens when the well of previously learned meta runs dry?

Egh I understand my reads were really bad this game but I'm used to games where scum can be determined by, y'know, trying to find inconsistencies in stated opinions, and motivations that are scummy.

:(

It's all in how it's done. Me and Ika were both obviously not doctors and we both knew it.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1194 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:54 pm

Post by BBmolla »

I think this player group was just more emotional, which is why it was easier for me to read.

Trust me talah there will be games where your method will work a shit ton better than mine.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1195 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:56 pm

Post by talah »

Well you already know the problem I had was that you went in a roundabout manner just getting reactions I guess at the start of the game with Syr providing explanations and Ranger sheeping. I still have no idea how that was all town (but my "well done" wasn't insincere, it was :rolleyes:).

You think I'm looking at asinine bullshit but then if that was the case it can't have been much different in your large normal. It's just how I scumhunt. The changed gameday broke what I usually do, though. I felt in a constant state of RVS up until about 2 days into the last day.

It's an experience at least. You're obviously different in-game than modding or posting (or even in your PT), so I'm happy to know a bit of how you work.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1196 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:57 pm

Post by Syryana »

I thoroughly enjoyed this game. Hiveminding with Molla and Ranger was fun as hell.

Don't know what the hell Kid was smoking when he thought the masons thing was an actual claim though.
In the timeless words of a great and revered man: "Blow it out your ass."
A hydra of Rift Adrift, Oil Tycoons and Trust Fund. "In the Oil Rift we Trust."
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1197 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:58 pm

Post by Syryana »

In post 1195, talah wrote:I still have no idea how that was all town

It's all in the style, dahling.

FWIW I thought you were the scummiest scumfuck ever until after I died <3
In the timeless words of a great and revered man: "Blow it out your ass."
A hydra of Rift Adrift, Oil Tycoons and Trust Fund. "In the Oil Rift we Trust."
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1198 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:00 pm

Post by BBmolla »

You can't look at everything at face value, you need to look at intent. I think what eventually townread you for me was some frustrated post you made about what you're talking about right now that rang true. It didn't make sense to me for scum to take that approach so I found you likely to be town.

I can't talk about reading me, I think I'm fairly easy to read personally but obviously I know my playstyle differences, but for me it comes down a lot to just intent. Example, Firebringer's dicking around at the start. Normally, scum intent. Due to special circumstances, I understood why I misread him and eventually he started posting genuine posts that had a more clear town intent.

Idk. It's just gut.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1199 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:01 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Syryana you honestly were so fucking on the same page as me it blew my mind and almost made me think you were scum

Return to “Blitz Games Trial”