Blitz 2: The Stars My Destination Mafia- GAME OVER!

This forum was a trial run for quick games with deadlines no more than 96 hours per Day. Please see more here
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:02 pm

Post by talah »

In post 1197, Syryana wrote:
In post 1195, talah wrote:I still have no idea how that was all town

It's all in the style, dahling.

FWIW I thought you were the scummiest scumfuck ever until after I died <3

Well I was trying to fit this into in a post to you before you got killed, but Et tu, Brute.
Yeah it still doesn't make sense given the actual meaning but it stikes me as funny :P
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:03 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

I still will probably never understand how people wanted to lynch anyone but DGB day 1 after Syryana cc'd
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:04 pm

Post by talah »

Nice to actually play a game with you by the way Syr, the other couple of times have been you in a hydra not posting (the game you forgot I think was Oz Mafia as Rift).
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:05 pm

Post by BBmolla »

I thoroughly enjoyed all of you.
Come see me in the Great American Melodrama in Oceano
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:08 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Oh hey the Rift Adrift band is getting back together, this time as a mod. ClownTardis mafia

Should be in sign-ups in a couple weeks or so.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:18 pm

Post by Ranger »

ffery wrote:- Did the 18 hours til prod, 6 hours to post afterwards rule seem reasonable?
Yes, but I'll be honest: I can guarantee I can post once a day. 18 hours means I need to do so twice a day 12 hours apart, and I
can't
always do that, so I was terrified multiple times that I was going to get prodded.

- Would a 48 hour day have been preferable to 72?
- What about the 48 hour night? I thought it was better than 24 hours mostly so players could have downtime every few days.
Honestly, I don't think it would have made a difference.

Syryana wrote:@Ranger, I loved your play here, but I am sort of curious: why the FACK would you watch Molla N1?
Well as ffery said, basically, I was expecting any doctors in the game to be protecting you, and were there to be none, for the scum to
fear
doctors protecting you.

...In my defense, all I'd have seen was Huntress (a scumread of mine anyway) visiting you, when she died thanks to Spiffeh.
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:24 pm

Post by Ranger »

talah wrote:I guess at the start of the game with Syr providing explanations and Ranger sheeping.
I didn't sheep.

I saw Firebringer's posts, and for the same reasons BBMolla and Syryana did, I thought they were scum. I thought this immediately, thus my .

If Molla and Syryana hadn't seen it, I still would have been there, because my thoughts were mine. It just so
happened
that Syryana's thoughts were also mine. That's why I never explained; there was literally nothing I could have said that Syryana hadn't already covered, so my posting would've been redundant.

Syryana wrote:I thoroughly enjoyed this game. Hiveminding with Molla and Ranger was fun as hell.
It was!

BBMolla wrote:Syryana you honestly were so fucking on the same page as me it blew my mind and almost made me think you were scum
Funnily enough, I had that exact thought about
you
D2. :P
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:41 pm

Post by talah »

In post 1206, Ranger wrote:That's why I never explained; there was literally nothing I could have said that Syryana hadn't already covered, so my posting would've been redundant.

I think I *kinda sorta* get you here?

I still think you could have explained your own train of thought which I guess you're saying you did.
Thing is that even if I 100% agree with someone I have my own way of arriving at that so usually like to provide some extra content to allow other players to read me as town and prove myself as town. It doesn't always work and sometimes I guess comes across as dross, but the players I came around to townreading this game were mostly players that were able to provide evidence of unique lines of thinking which also made sense to me. Small beer but the only incorrect townread I had was Pere when it comes down to it, and that was based on identifying his claim being identical to mine. I did say ABR seemed townie but that wasn't the specific reason I was defending the slot (it was the cross-claims and fear of mislynching a PR).

I only came around to townreading you when you provided exactly what I was asking for - reasoning. Explanation of what you were thinking.
I suppose I could have been gentler in the asking but you were seriously just sheeping without reason from my perspective.

((Pere you played a great game btw you bastard!))
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:47 pm

Post by talah »

Also I just thought...

Had Spiffeh claimed Vig I would have been tunnelling SK in our neighbourhood and one scum in Molla's.

RIP
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:48 pm

Post by Ranger »

talah wrote:I have my own way of arriving at that so usually like to provide some extra content to allow other players to read me as town and prove myself as town.
I was a
watcher

Drawing attention to myself (by proving I was town) would've been a
hilariously
bad idea. Simply put, I could've 'proven' I was town fairly easily, but given my role, it was more beneficial for me to remain out of the spotlight.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:51 pm

Post by talah »

In post 1204, fferyllt wrote:Oh hey the Rift Adrift band is getting back together, this time as a mod. ClownTardis mafia

Should be in sign-ups in a couple weeks or so.

Role madness eh.
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:55 pm

Post by talah »

In post 1209, Ranger wrote:
talah wrote:I have my own way of arriving at that so usually like to provide some extra content to allow other players to read me as town and prove myself as town.
I was a
watcher

hilariously
bad idea. Simply put, I could've 'proven' I was town fairly easily, but given my role, it was more beneficial for me to remain out of the spotlight.

Well proving is different from "proving" if you take my meaning.
I've only rolled a couple of PRs but the whole 'act a bit scummy' thing hasn't been something I gelled with; I've assumed for me it's better to act as VT (until I end up claiming I guess :P ).
Idk for me I'm generally not worried about being mislynched as any role except scum.
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:11 pm

Post by Ranger »

talah wrote:I've only rolled a couple of PRs but the whole 'act a bit scummy' thing hasn't been something I gelled with
Oh, I would never 'act a bit scummy'.

I simply didn't put effort into acting town.

Big difference. :P
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: No pref

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:54 am

Post by Donempire »

Wtf lol
Age of Empires Elo: 1500 something in DE, 1800 in HD
Formerly Dongempire
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:29 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 1153, fferyllt wrote:I'll post the PTs in a little while.

Well done town!

Postgame questions:

- Did the 18 hours til prod, 6 hours to post afterwards rule seem reasonable?
- What about the 48 hour night? I thought it was better than 24 hours mostly so players could have downtime every few days.
- Is there anything about the format that you would change?
- My design plans were to make the game design a little more townsided than I ordinarily would because of the short format. I also set things up so that early mass claim would hurt town more than mafia. Was this a reasonable design choice? Why or why not?

Sure, it's a blitz game,so fast prods are good.

Actually would have preferred 96, but I'm just being greedy. Mon-Fri days and weekend nights, please. :lol:

48 hour nights are good.

If the only thing about the format is length of days/nights, then longer day phases. Still leaves it as a blitz game compared to 10-21 day Days.

Early mass claim will not take place in most instances. The reason it is bad in normal games is the same reason it's bad in blitz games.

I would have skipped the town-sided part. The pace of the games is faster, but the designs should stay the same as normal speed games. (unless you have designed your game aound the time used, like bankable days for early lynch, etc.)

I haven't looked at the design, but I enjoyed playing. Really wish I would have read the story prior to play, though.

Thanks for modding it!!
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:30 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 1176, talah wrote:Yeah it looked pretty fun over in your neck of the woods.

Ours was all srsbsnss and even then I was hard-townreading Pere just based on the fact I didn't think an identical fakeclaim would be given to my own role. Never seen that before.

So...
Optimal townplay is to just fakeclaim a bunch of bullshit to draw nightkills / confuse scum these days? Along with generally giving no reasons for reads, unless pushed, ofc.
What happens when the well of previously learned meta runs dry?

Egh I understand my reads were really bad this game but I'm used to games where scum can be determined by, y'know, trying to find inconsistencies in stated opinions, and motivations that are scummy.

:(

It was fun being an in all-town neighborhood for once. :wink:
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:35 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 1207, talah wrote:
In post 1206, Ranger wrote:That's why I never explained; there was literally nothing I could have said that Syryana hadn't already covered, so my posting would've been redundant.

I still think you could have explained your own train of thought which I guess you're saying you did.
Thing is that even if I 100% agree with someone I have my own way of arriving at that so usually like to provide some extra content to allow other players to read me as town and prove myself as town. It doesn't always work and sometimes I guess comes across as dross, but the players I came around to townreading this game were mostly players that were able to provide evidence of unique lines of thinking which also made sense to me. Small beer but the only incorrect townread I had was Pere when it comes down to it, and that was based on identifying his claim being identical to mine. I did say ABR seemed townie but that wasn't the specific reason I was defending the slot (it was the cross-claims and fear of mislynching a PR).

I only came around to townreading you when you provided exactly what I was asking for - reasoning. Explanation of what you were thinking.
I suppose I could have been gentler in the asking but you were seriously just sheeping without reason from my perspective.

Would have been better had I been sitting atop a pile of town bodies... :lol:

But seriously, these fast games lend themsleves a lot more to the read-slinging type of playstyle than actual analysis, like you and I like to do. I've been trying to rely less heavily on it, but it's a tough habit to break.

End the end, you won, your team won, and you learned from the game. That's the most important part.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:17 am

Post by Syryana »

In post 1199, BBmolla wrote:Syryana you honestly were so fucking on the same page as me it blew my mind and almost made me think you were scum

And you would have felt like a complete jackass had you lynched me, which almost would have been worth it in itself :P

In post 1203, BBmolla wrote:I thoroughly enjoyed all of you.

This game was goddamn delightful. Seriously, this is my first completed game in over two years and I want to thank all of you for making it the experience it was.

In post 1206, Ranger wrote:If Molla and Syryana hadn't seen it, I still would have been there, because my thoughts were mine. It just so
happened
that Syryana's thoughts were also mine. That's why I never explained; there was literally nothing I could have said that Syryana hadn't already covered, so my posting would've been redundant.

I think it was this this exchange between you and talah that got me to hard townread you. It is after all rather difficult to tell the difference between sheeping and "well damn, he's kind of taken my every reason and posted it already".

I was a
watcher

hilariously

Your play actually got me thinking that you were the doc N1 :D

And yeah, watching me might not have been all that productive, but with a claimed RB and dead JK I felt it was sort of mandatory for scum to have a strongman. Also would have clued you in on who the doc was, if any.
In the timeless words of a great and revered man: "Blow it out your ass."
A hydra of Rift Adrift, Oil Tycoons and Trust Fund. "In the Oil Rift we Trust."
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:50 am

Post by ika »

In post 1153, fferyllt wrote:- Did the 18 hours til prod, 6 hours to post afterwards rule seem reasonable?

That works, i would just replace outright after 24 in a 72-48 hr game

i would like 24-48 more, thats what i play one and why i work so well

24-48 again

- Is there anything about the format that you would change?

Not really

- My design plans were to make the game design a little more townsided than I ordinarily would because of the short format. I also set things up so that early mass claim would hurt town more than mafia. Was this a reasonable design choice? Why or why not?

No its bad design by start. My site plays 24-48 hr all the time and frankly we can get out a nice 40 pages (50 post each) in that timeframe. I have also had games where it would be town stomps and scum stomps. Trying to favor a side on timeframe is not good design. If this game had 1-shot vig removed IC and watcher it would of been better for scum IMO
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:50 am

Post by ika »

fucked up the quote
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:14 am

Post by ika »

In post 1183, BBmolla wrote:Can I just say I fucking wrecked this game

^so true

In post 1184, BBmolla wrote:And sure I misread Firebringer at the start but I think it's reasonable for the reasons I gave.

firebringer always acts scummy

In post 1186, BBmolla wrote:Actually I'll give ika credit for the ABR/DGB lynch

:oops:

In post 1187, BBmolla wrote:I think a large part of it was me lucking out in who was in this game, these players are all pretty readable with my own set of tells.

That helped but i think the primary thign for me was hood and interactions.

In post 1192, BBmolla wrote:ika legit well played this game, and I don't think I'd ever say that to you. Not that you're terrible, but I've never been impressed by your play as much as I was here.

Truthfully I though i was gonna go apathetic due to the hood and not knowing many players.et the opposite happened :D

The main reaosn i do better here then elsewhere thoguh is that im used to a rapid cycle so i can quickly do stuff in a short timeframe, as games go on i get more board witht he gamestate and it slows where im at "lycnh already" mode the short timeframe alleviates that and allows me to play more to my element

In post 1195, talah wrote:Well you already know the problem I had was that you went in a roundabout manner just getting reactions I guess at the start of the game with Syr providing explanations and Ranger sheeping. I still have no idea how that was all town (but my "well done" wasn't insincere, it was :rolleyes:).

When it comes to stuff like that, sometimes it best to just trust it. I mean there are several players i knwo where if i do X they will do Y as town and Z as scum (hence my ABR scum read), i dont out it cus i want to continue to use it. I have leanred to kinda ask "why are you sheeping" and if they go "well i trust them/town read of mine" i just go with it for now. Questioning something like that in early game doesnt really give too much value

You think I'm looking at asinine bullshit but then if that was the case it can't have been much different in your large normal. It's just how I scumhunt. The changed gameday broke what I usually do, though. I felt in a constant state of RVS up until about 2 days into the last day.

I think if you get that problem you need to try a new approach or learn to adapt, this may sound a bit mean but its the truth. When I first came here i was not used to long days so i would be spammy as hell. I eventually leanred that it does not get he desired results and i had to adapt to the new way. I would recommend a micro or an open to try a new way of playing and see how it works out. Im sure if you play offbased you will be scum read for it but it mgiht help long term

In post 1196, Syryana wrote:I thoroughly enjoyed this game. Hiveminding with Molla and Ranger was fun as hell.

Don't know what the hell Kid was smoking when he thought the masons thing was an actual claim though.

A lot of stuff is my bet

In post 1197, Syryana wrote:
In post 1195, talah wrote:I still have no idea how that was all town

It's all in the style, dahling.

FWIW I thought you were the scummiest scumfuck ever until after I died <3

I saw the opposite :P

In post 1198, BBmolla wrote:You can't look at everything at face value, you need to look at intent. I think what eventually townread you for me was some frustrated post you made about what you're talking about right now that rang true. It didn't make sense to me for scum to take that approach so I found you likely to be town.

^so mcuh that, learning the /why/ behind someone does something is so much more then the face value. If anything i say learn how the /why/ people act as they are. Its the ultimate tool IMO

I can't talk about reading me, I think I'm fairly easy to read personally but obviously I know my playstyle differences, but for me it comes down a lot to just intent. Example, Firebringer's dicking around at the start. Normally, scum intent. Due to special circumstances, I understood why I misread him and eventually he started posting genuine posts that had a more clear town intent.

^again very true, as an IC fire was doing what i would expet from an IC, not caring, discreit, scummy stuff dilibertly, like day 1 RVS stuff fire was doign was so blaitent that its one of those "why is he doing this" cus i mean fire is skilled enought o have a real convo with it and get town read on a real way

Idk. It's just gut.

gut OPed

In post 1207, talah wrote:

This is where i think you get a lot of the "why" part but i think you are getting the surface of it. Its good to get conclusions on your own means, however it draws back to my first point where sometimes you jsut need to trust what being said. I mean ya he could of said "well my reasons mirror X" but i guess would it lead you to a town read is my question.

make sense

acutaly hes very easy to meta read if you knwo what to look for

In post 1208, talah wrote:Also I just thought...

Had Spiffeh claimed Vig I would have been tunnelling SK in our neighbourhood and one scum in Molla's.

RIP

if he claimed i would of shut you down in a heartbeat, what you would of been doing there is opening the pool for scum (not scums :P) i mean i would think sk too in the back of my mind but i would of just let sk live cus we were at such an advantage

In post 1211, talah wrote:
I was a
watcher

hilariously

Well proving is different from "proving" if you take my meaning.
I've only rolled a couple of PRs but the whole 'act a bit scummy' thing hasn't been something I gelled with; I've assumed for me it's better to act as VT (until I end up claiming I guess :P ).
Idk for me I'm generally not worried about being mislynched as any role except scum.

I do what ranger said, jsut dont act town
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:51 pm

Post by Huntress »

Congrats, town! Thanks for the game, Ffery. :D
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:23 pm

Post by Fro99er »

In post 28, BBmolla wrote:THIS IS NOT A TEST, FIREBRINGER HAS LITERALLY DOEN THE SCUMMIEST STRING OF POSTS I'VE SEEN IN FUCKING MONTHS

scumdar broken.
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Ribbit ribbit." -Transcend
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:26 pm

Post by BBmolla »

I still think it was the scummiest fucking posts I've ever seen.

It's not my fault SC2 Mafia breeds players to fuck around like scum that early.
Come see me in the Great American Melodrama in Oceano
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:32 pm

Post by Fro99er »

In post 592, BBmolla wrote:I think people who are saying shit like PV is saying are probably scum who realized that in DGB vs. Syr, DGB loses so they're trying to deflect it elsewhere.

scumdar fixed
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Ribbit ribbit." -Transcend

Return to “Blitz Games Trial”