Blitz 7: Hardcore Mafia III (Game Over)

This forum was a trial run for quick games with deadlines no more than 96 hours per Day. Please see more here
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:08 am

Post by Extrapolated Eagle »

In post 349, MarioManiac4 wrote:
In post 334, MarioManiac4 wrote:Yeah.
Lynch Ranger for me.

So Eagle.

What? You did not do well this game. There isn't any putting this off on other people. You contributed barely anything and tbh I regret not lynching you earlier so I could focus on what mattered.

Now I could have done better by sticking with my gut yesterday but your play was so lacking in contribution and thought that you were actually scummier.

Your read on her, as far as I understand, was completely OMGUS and that's not a justifiable reason for wanting to lynch someone because your play begged for you to be lynched anyways. You offered barely any reasoning and the reason I thought you were likely town was because you whined like noon town when pressured
Chaotic Neutrality
Chaotic Neutrality
Goon
Chaotic Neutrality
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:52 am

Post by Chaotic Neutrality »

Mario you did make for an was mislynch tbh and because of the lack of cases and content, we didn't even really have to say why.
There is no good or evil. There is only fun and boring.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:04 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

(I was joking :P )
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:34 am

Post by ika »

I think Mario did a fine job. I am more annoyed at eagles snap vote in the lylo
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:25 pm

[quote="In post 352, MarioManiac4"](I was joking :P )[/quoteoh. Then now I feel like a dick for being a dick. Karma there folks
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:48 pm

Post by Ranger »

So my thoughts on the game: I think there's nothing wrong with the setup in of itself, but I think that the exact rules could use tweaking. Town lost this game primarily through severe apathy--one of the towniest players in the game (Firebringer) got lynched with
two
votes. The two scum players have some of the highest, most consistent activity in this game, which meant that we were free to lynch whoever we pleased.

And I think that had to do with the rules involved in the game. Players had very little incentive to post: the rules
stated
you had to post every 12 hours, but I know I got away with sometimes going 36 hours or more, and other town players may have only posted once (maybe twice) in a day phase. I feel like having activity actually be important would have motivated players to either play, or simply replace out. (Replacements help in a stagnant game!) If the town had more incentive to actually try, then they would have remained active. As it was, though, they had no reason to do anything but blindly play and hope they hit scum.

On myself:
This is not a good example of how I play scum, since in a normal game, there's not this much apathy so consistently. I'm not too happy that there was no effort needed in order to win, but a win's a win. Back when the game was actually engaging, I feel I did a good job at making myself be townread, but then people stopped caring and so did I effort-wise.

Chaotic Neutrality:
Good job on making yourself be town! Early in the game, I was extremely worried; you were drawing a lot of early heat, and when players were trying to POE the game (back when they were invested), you were in their lynch lists. Yet you definitely held your own and bounced back, providing strong content and being a reasonable player.

Bloodking:
Honestly, I don't even remember why you were lynched. Looking at your iso, it wasn't actually that bad. I think it was just a matter of other players at the time looking townier, so maybe just bad luck. I don't think you actually did anything wrong, so I don't think I have any advice on improvement.

Errantparabola:
I think you actually played a good game. You ended up getting lynched for what was effectively bad timing: you voted Firebringer when Firebringer wasn't strongly town, and you correctly identified Firebringer's town posting once it showed up, only it was past deadline by the time you unvoted. This created the appearance of opportunism, which got you roped. So given that, there's not much you can do: scheduling's scheduling, things happen when they happen, life is life, you can only show up when you can show up, but what you
can
do is start your questioning and pressure earlier. If Firebringer had more time to respond, then you would have seen Firebringer as town sooner, giving you the chance to swing a ChaoticNeutrality lynch, which would have made me winning almost impossible. Post-Firebringer, you did well in balancing offense and defense, but I think you could have pushed a "lynch this" and "don't lynch this" list harder and with more clarity.

Speaking of clarity, that reminds me, my reason for opportunistically switching onto you was paranoia from a read switch that I didn't see a reasoning for. If you had shown where and why that read had changed, it would have been harder to justify a wagon on you, so maybe you can work on being a little more open with your thoughts?

Extrapolated Eagle:
While I think your play was good, and not necessarily wrong (if I were town, I'd have lynched either ika or Yakko, too), lylo votes are bad. :P That was the time to review the game and think things over. Your instant vote gave us a quickhammer, and even if it hadn't, me pointing out your mistake gave me town credit I could have used to win had you unvoted before the quickhammer attempt. So, you did fairly decent scumhunting-wise, but you needed to actually use the time we had available.

Firebringer:
Pretty much the only advice I have is for you to be your normal self. This game, you started fairly weakly, and it wasn't until the end where we saw you bring your signature style of town posting, but by then, it was too late and you got deadline-lynched. So, stay active, early and often, and you should be good.

hi im Yakko:
I think that you did a good job of making yourself town early-on, but the lurking you did later-on killed it. Your reasonless voting (and unvoting) cast suspicion on yourself, which killed the early town credit you had built. Furthermore, by not giving anything reasons-wise, you made it so that people wouldn't want to follow you.

ika:
You also did okay being town early-on, but once you got apathetic and started doing nothing, suspicion began to mount, eventually leading to that lylo mislynch. In a Blitz game, especially one like this, if you lose your motivation to play, then you become a huge liability. Basically, what you did this game, you did well, but...there wasn't enough of it.

MarioManiac4:
Your obsession with calling me scum off of meta that simply put isn't mine (we've never played together) ended up severely hindering you. Your basic case against me was, "Ranger does this as scum!" When, no, I have no such history. If you had judged me off of my play this game rather than nonexistent scum meta (my existing scum meta, Blitz 1, would have suggested I was town this game), then your case would have been a bit more easily received. Your case started as "Ranger explains her reads"--I don't, that's provably null, as is me creating a lynch bloc. I also don't normally lead towns as scum. (Granted, I omitted that I don't normally lead as town, either; I don't know why I was a leader this game.) The point you raised that was valid was my switch onto Errant. If you had explained that in greater detail, I would have been in more trouble than I was.

Overall, you also had a lot of hypocrisy, doing the very thing you accused me of: not giving reasons. Most of your push was on me, and while it was correct, your hyperfocus on me was extremely detrimental. In future games, I'd advise for you to branch out; it's okay to have a main scumread you push, but noting behavior elsewhere will mitigate people's concerns on you, as long as you make it clear your focus remains on your target.

So all-in-all, the town started strong, but then fell apart.
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:19 pm

@ranger to be one hundred percent completely honest I signed up for more than I have time for. This game wasn't moving as fast as another that I signed up for, I started that one from scratch, and there was just so little to go off of with no slips. If I had been in this game really I wouldnt have lynched Mario, yesterday, I would have gotten into an argument with you over whether or not you were scum. I put my vote on you, realized that was going to take time and effort I didn't have to make sure you were scum so I could lynch you and on top of that convince everyone to lynch you and I decided to just take the easy way out.

I'm really sorry to everyone for this. I knew there was a chance ranger was still town, but had I not something else that was taking a large amount of my energy the game probably would have gone a lot differently.

That said, thanks for modding, @guy inthefreezer, it was fun until people stopped posting and then I ruined it.

Good game everyone, though
Chaotic Neutrality
Chaotic Neutrality
Goon
Chaotic Neutrality
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:22 pm

Post by Chaotic Neutrality »

In post 355, Ranger wrote:Good job on making yourself be town! Early in the game, I was extremely worried; you were drawing a lot of early heat

I always take a ton of early heat, that's normal for me. I handle it a lot better as scum.
There is no good or evil. There is only fun and boring.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:25 am

Post by Equinox »

Mine?