Blitz 11: Pick Your Power X/Y (Game over!)

This forum was a trial run for quick games with deadlines no more than 96 hours per Day. Please see more here
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:10 am

Post by ika »

In post 1097, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:Ika I've already tried to have a conversation with you specifically and it ended with you saying "idgaf", so...

was this during game or post game? cus i mean how i play and view the game are probably very diffrent from how you play and view it and that might be the stem of the problem and why i mgiht of gone "IDGAF" offhand
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:12 am

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

It was not regarding any game in particular. It was over site chat. We were discussing the changes in your play and I was asking what was going on with you, and explaining how I felt about what's changed, and the type of playstyle you've adopted. I gave you very specific details that I felt you could use to improve and ways that would make games with you more enjoyable, and you basically told me I was wasting my breath because you were going to do whatever the fuck you wanted.

It's seriously not important anymore. I'm not going to play for a while as I'm too busy with school and if/when I do play, I'll likely be avoiding players I don't enjoy playing with as much as possible.
Art is cool.
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:16 am

Post by ika »

That dicussion was a very long time ago back when i was probally more IDGAF mood. i think if we were to have it now it would be different.

*shrugs*

the playstyle i have adopted is aform many MSer and i continue to adapt and change based on the situation and game itself. If you want to have the dicussion again im more then happy to. the door is always open to it.

how i might of percived it at the time was you basicly saying i was wrong and you are right and when someone comes with that ideology is where i will go "well i dont care"

i mean there are some things of my play i know are inherntly bad but its a nature thing and does not change easy
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:31 am

Post by pisskop »

In post 1095, hiplop wrote:Piss, I was very, very upset with you. You tried to lynch me
when I was dead
. You're a decent player, but please never make actual content posts without reading the game. This game has made me have a sour taste in my mouth for other games with you; how can I know if you've actually read or are literally making it up on the spot like this game?

Certainly not my best moment. I could only point to other games we've shared and ask what the similarities are.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:12 pm

Post by Rob14 »

In post 1099, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:Anyway I don't have anything more to say, other than
Rob did an excellent job, as always.
I found nothing lacking in his modding besides forgetting to unlock the thread, but since it was at like 3 am, I imagine it went something like - alarm goes off to remind Rob to open thread, he does the things, half asleep while squinting at the brightness of his phone, then goes right back to bed because he has class in the morning. :P

It was actually more of "Rob gets off a bus from NYC at 3am after being awake since more-or-less 3am the previous day and tries to mod." I'm not at my best when sleep deprived. That one was a very derp mistake, though.

In other news, I strongly recommend The Gin Game to anyone in the NYC area. It has James Earl Jones and Cicely Tyson in it, and it's a blast. Very fun play.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:20 pm

Post by Rob14 »

In post 1086, ika wrote:So if the game was to be ran on a 24 hr cycle and i said we need a lynch 12 hrs in would that be against wincon? My homesite uses the 24-48 hr cycle so this is normal for me. Again, i treat this like most games i play where i am done with it in a short timeframe. I mean disagreeing with ending day early is fine. But i do think outright blacklist (from modding) is a little far. If you, as a player had a problem then i could understand but as a mod i dont exactly get it.

I'd say that imposing any deadline that is arbitrarily smaller than the full deadline is somewhat silly, but it trends toward affecting your faction's winrate when you start chopping off entire real-life days from the deadline for no reason.

This may seem harsh, and it's not intended to be. The reason I blacklist objectionable behaviors as a mod is because a few players joining my game with highly objectionable behaviors leads to
other players
that I enjoy watching coming nowhere near the game. For instance, I rejected an /in from one player into this game who is not even on my blacklist because a player that I enjoy watching was already /in'd and had the first player on their blacklist.

I'd rather reject the /in of an objectionable player than not receive the five /in's from players I enjoy watching who have the objectionable player on their blacklists. I don't think that's irrational. If I were to allow an objectionable player in, it's functionally equivalent to me rejecting the /in's of the better players who won't coexist with the objectionable one. Why would I choose the objectionable behavior over the handful of good players avoiding it?
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:36 pm

Post by Rob14 »

I should also mention that my blacklist is a fairly fluid thing. I don't keep people on there forever. My thoughts are more-or-less that when I forget why I'm rejecting your /in, I should no longer be rejecting your /in. My blacklist is really more of a cooldown.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:55 pm

Post by davesaz »

I saw the comments about players who treat games as "just blitz" and agree there is no place for that mentality. All games should be equally important, if you're not going to play then don't sign up.
The blitz format is a weak spot for players who have inherently choppy availability. If a player might be unavailable for 2 days randomly every week to 10 days, that's half a day phase or a whole night.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
tn5421
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:11 pm

Post by tn5421 »

The only reason I wanted to surrender is because my strategy failed, which got the wrong person lynched in 3:2 lylo and doomed me to near auto-lynch in 2:1. I didn't see a way to turn it around successfully after that.

I personally think blitz should allow max deadlines up to 7 days with nights up to 2 days, but that's just me.
WIP
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:27 pm

Post by Rob14 »

I think the deadlines are fine, personally. The only thing I dislike is how some mods are using them. 72 hour days and 48 hour nights, for instance, is crazy. Why would the night be 2/3 of the day? That's something mods will gradually figure out, though.

I was going to take a break from modding, but I've been kicking around an idea for a while now, and it's intrigued me too much to let it rest. I'm an addict, go figure.

So here's a shameless advertisement for the upcoming game based on A Midsummer Night's Dream, the famous Shakespeare play.

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=7474973
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:30 am

Post by pisskop »

some mods are trying to emphsize their own mechanics and would rather people had time to reflect on the day :igmeou;
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:35 am

Post by Rob14 »

I guess I don't get why 72 hours/48 hours for reflection is better than 96/24, where you can use the extra 24 to both reflect and do stuff.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:55 am

Post by pisskop »

You could ask to spectate in the game with 40% nights. I want to see the viability/enjoyaility of it all and extra input is always welcome
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:29 am

Post by Rob14 »

I've taken on a lot of on-site commitments in the past 24 hours (/in'd to two games and /in'd to mod a mini theme and two newbies), so I think I'm maxed out for now.
pignash
pignash
Goon
pignash
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:29 am

Post by pignash »

Sorry all.
Completed MS games (10-6):

Town: Blitz 2(+), Blitz 6(+), Blitz 8(+), Newbie 1660(-), NY 191 (+), Blitz 23 (-), Blitz 26 (+)
Scum: NY 190(+), Mini 1729(+), Mini 1735(+), Newbie 1665 (+), Open 615 (-), Blitz 16(-), Newbie 1671 (+), Blitz 19 (-), Newbie 1675 (-)
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:26 am

Post by Equinox »

Mine?