UNI MUM Mafia (Upick, FULL, Setup underway)

For archiving signup threads after their corresponding games are complete.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:55 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

i thought at some point you said you investigated him because he was part of a 3-person neighbourhood and 3-person neighbourhoods are unlikely to be town

i loled at that
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:10 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Oh, yes. I felt it was unlikely that all members of the neighborhood were town. Possible, but improbable. So I wanted to clear him, since I had already 90% cleared Jeanne. I don't remember who I had him masonize(it should have been KC, but it may have not been because I may have been paranoid she would die N1), but yeah. That was the plan there. Network of conftown, and when it fails, catch scum, and nobody ever knows it's me doing it except for conftown. Except I caught non-town on the first night, and thus became a target. :-/ Mission then became: Feed as many conftown to KC as possible so she can spit them out. :P
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:12 pm

Post by Elbirn »

If I might kiss your ass for a minute cerb, that's pretty friggin genius
3dicerolling
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:13 pm

Post by 3dicerolling »

This game had some ridiculous swing.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:18 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

that is the case in general with role madness games, and particularly so in very power-heavy role madness games

snowballing is the name of the game 95% of the time
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
RolePlay25
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:19 pm

Post by RolePlay25 »

Yeah, that's why I figured the D1 wagon was mostly town. Snowball rolls too fast with two dead.

That's what happened.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:19 pm

Post by Titus »

gg to most of you.

That's all I have to say.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
RolePlay25
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:20 pm

Post by RolePlay25 »

Everyone except EAP was town :p
RolePlay25
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:21 pm

Post by RolePlay25 »

Well except a 4 paragraph PM :P

Tah~
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:22 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Aw, c'mon,
was it because I was MOST DANGEROUS?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:22 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Here was my pitch for playing as MD Geist:

We would like to play as
M.D. Geist
, the titular character of the animated film,
M.D. Geist

Geist was part of a project to engineer the greatest soldier of all time. However, this "Most Dangerous Soldier" project was far too successful; the result was an unkillable machine of a man who would follow his given orders no matter the opposition. It was quickly determined that the Most Dangerous Geist (you didn't think M.D. stood for Medical Doctor, did you?) should be sealed away. Geist was frozen in cyrostasis in a satellite and forgotten...

...until his prison-satellite crashed on the planet Jera, where Geist awakens to find a war-torn world. He quickly arms himself with a powered suit and kills the leader of a gang. He manipulates the gang into helping him join the remnants of the army he used to be a part of. Geist then storms across the wastelands in a suicide mission to shut down the 'Death Force', an army of robots that is set to activate and kill all life on the planet. After grueling combat with robots and men alike, Geist reaches the terminal, but instead of shutting down the Death Force, he activates them, as it was his original mission. This dooms all life on the planet Jera, but Geist seems to take a twisted pleasure in the challenges that are to come.

When it comes to actual power and prowess, Geist is defined by how 'Dangerous' he is. IF you haven't figured it out, he's the
Most
Dangerous (there's even a song on the soundtrack where 'DANGEROUS, MOST DANGEROUS' is the chorus. This song is not in English, but the chorus is because how Dangerous Geist is should translate across all languages). When Geist is shot, he pulls the bullet out of his forehead and keep on killing. He's a master of all sorts of weaponry; at one point he grappling hooks himself up to a helicopter, machine-guns the people inside, then blows it up with an RPG. That's right--he had an RPG the whole time, but Geist likes to be in people's faces when he kills them. At another point, Geist vaults up to the cockpit of a thirty-foot robot, stabs the pilot in the face with a knife that is connected to a grenade, which he pulls the pin to, causing the whole thing to explode with VIOLENCE.

Notably, Geist will do anything to accomplish his win condition. He's goal-oriented. He's the kind of man this game needs.
He also wears a cool-as-can-be power armor that amplifies his abilities several times, so that's pretty neat;
Yes, that says 'The Demon in the Guise of a Soldier'. Geist doesn't mess around.

Geist is cool as it gets. Geist is the Most Dangerous. He's this seeming-messiah who dooms all who put any trust in him. Geist stares down the opposition of a dystopian post-apocalypse society, causing us to question the superficiality that the movie indoctrinates us to, and and even exhibits masculinity in such a way that has us wondering at the end if our drive for power—which is greater than sex—will ultimately destroy us.
And he can't stop, because he's just a soldier.

Did I mention that the soundtrack is pure gold? That's not even a turn of phrase, because the guy who brought MD Geist over to the USA loved it so much he literally had a copy of the soundtrack printed in gold. He also made Geist a part of his company's logo.

Nowadays,
M.D. Geist
is often remembered as 'one of the worst anime of all time' due to its commercial failure and 80's nonsensical plot. People who hold that opinion are too weak for Geist. The character and the film are fantastic and we'd love to get to play as Geist in a game of mafia.

I actually have written the top-rated review on MD Geist that can be found online: http://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=36112
You can watch the whole thing here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-EnE8y48Wo
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:25 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

LOL. Man. I love you Varsoon. I really do. You improve my day. :) I didn't make a good pitch for Lelouch Vi Brittania. I just linked to the wiki. :P
RolePlay25
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:26 pm

Post by RolePlay25 »

I kind of want to watch this while really really drunk.
3dicerolling
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:27 pm

Post by 3dicerolling »

I just kind of said luigi from luigi's mansion and dram was like "m-m-m-m-mario????"
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:29 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 112, RolePlay25 wrote:I kind of want to watch this while really really drunk.

I think that's maybe the only real way to watch it.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:30 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

i didn't pitch anything

dram told me he was the guy who shook his head and then i think i was the only one who got "you don't get flavour" as their flavour in game
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:03 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

oh, and for the record, that giant wall of quotes at the end before the game was called did nothing to prove the point. making claims about roleplay "instigating" without looking at what was actually happening in the game is just flat-out crippled - the only part of that that he himself instigated was the the itlepip stuff (and even that is understandable if he thought a player was literally trying to get another player mod-killed)

the whole "here's an attack on titus for literally no reason" bullshit is hilarious imo... almost like a kid who goes to their parent and says "jack kicked me" while acting innocent like they jack just goes around kicking people for no reason... not to mention quoting stuff from prior to dram saying no more and ignoring that roleplay wasn't the one instigating after that is also hilarious
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:04 pm

Post by Varsoon »

No point in talking about why the game was aborted or trying to take any high ground or anything like that.
Best to completely avoid/ignore all that and just enjoy what there is to enjoy, y'know?
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:08 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

exactly what Varsoon said. Stuff like your posts, zmuffin, are why the thread is locked. Let's not repeat that.
RolePlay25
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:15 pm

Post by RolePlay25 »

Meh, what's done is done.

I enjoyed the game for the most part. I thought the town played quite well Day 1, it was a long day, but a lot happened in it. We came through with a minimum of claimed roles and a lot of dead scum, which is really good.

No idea why all the cops targeted me N2 :P
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:24 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 101, Cerberus v666 wrote:Oh, yes. I felt it was unlikely that all members of the neighborhood were town. Possible, but improbable. So I wanted to clear him, since I had already 90% cleared Jeanne. I don't remember who I had him masonize(it should have been KC, but it may have not been because I may have been paranoid she would die N1), but yeah. That was the plan there. Network of conftown, and when it fails, catch scum, and nobody ever knows it's me doing it except for conftown. Except I caught non-town on the first night, and thus became a target. :-/ Mission then became: Feed as many conftown to KC as possible so she can spit them out. :P

In post 102, Elbirn wrote:If I might kiss your ass for a minute cerb, that's pretty friggin genius

It was.

We had a solid Townblock building up: me, Roleplay, LH, Cerb, and 3Dice.

We could have been NK'd but we wouldn't be mislynched.

And I was very strongly suspecting ZMuffin. :]
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:28 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

I was having a lot of fun with this game.
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:29 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

In post 118, Cerberus v666 wrote:exactly what Varsoon said. Stuff like your posts, zmuffin, are why the thread is locked. Let's not repeat that.

Let's not pretend that Drixx wasn't flat out the problem either.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:29 pm

Post by Firebringer »

Things got way too heated in the game...
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:31 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Like I'll admit to disliking Roleplay quite a bit.

I can stomach him though.

Drixx is something else.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.

Return to “Completed Signups”