Blitz 13 - Bad Omens (Judgment)

This forum was a trial run for quick games with deadlines no more than 96 hours per Day. Please see more here
OceanWind
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:46 pm

Post by OceanWind »

Wish I could just rewind time and go back and vote Yakko. You did a really, really fantastic job of looking like idiot town. I wish I'd have voted you and then even if Wisdom won, I'd chalk it up to "scum played well" as opposed to "scum played badly and I mega-screwed up and handed us the loss because I played a rubbish game."

Nice job town. Good job nailing Wisdom SilverWolf. He had me convinced for a while.
hi im Yakko
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:46 pm

Post by hi im Yakko »

@sw help me improve my town game please. I like your thought process.
When the opposition are here you tell them nothing except where the toilets are, but you lie about that right. Fuckity bye
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:47 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

Great job you guys, gg town!!

You played well too Wisdom.

Thanks for modding a very interesting game Ether!!

pedit: Yeah, I knew Wisdom was scum, just wish I would of voted him instead of hammering Titus but at least we won!!

pedit: I can try Yakko but you did well helping me see you were town when I decided to vote Lucian over you.

But thanks!!
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
hi im Yakko
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:47 pm

Post by hi im Yakko »

If you wouldn't mind pls and ty.
When the opposition are here you tell them nothing except where the toilets are, but you lie about that right. Fuckity bye
OceanWind
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:51 pm

Post by OceanWind »

In post 974, hi im Yakko wrote:@ocean I was looking for a way to get you to vote. Sorry if I deceived you.

A lot of the time in LYLO, town feels more comfortable making the final decision because then it is obvious the other person won't screw up. We were in sort of a cycle where I wanted you to vote first so I could hammer Wisdom and you were doing the same with me. I felt voting at the time when you basically said you were going to vote me would change your mind. In any case, if you had voted him early, I'd have eventually voted him too and I'd have been less uneasy about you.

It is a tricky situation because both townies are playing chicken and if scum are smart, they'll be able to take advantage of it. Most of this LYLO, I was wishing I had hammered Wisdom on D2. That would have given us a perfect win. But glad we ultimately made it out of that mess.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:52 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

I was freaking out talking to ika after I hammered a chosen. I was like, "shit, I will be kept alive for lylo and we will be voted and have to fight for our lives and I hate lylo and lost lylo twice before and blah, blah, blah and ika was like, "Silver, I'm with you this time. We'll do it together." And then we died anyway which when you look at it, isn't that surprising so I stressed over nothing.

pedit: Sure Yakko, I'll look over the game and give you some pointers as soon as I can either here or I can PM them to you.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
hi im Yakko
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:55 pm

Post by hi im Yakko »

Here is fine so you don't have to go through pm hassle
OceanWind
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:55 pm

Post by OceanWind »

In post 974, hi im Yakko wrote:Sorry if I deceived you.

In general, this isn't a good idea. It tempted me to vote you and if it was a different player, they may have given in. It could backfire a lot of the time.
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:57 pm

Post by MattP »

I'm so happy this ended in a town win gj guys
SlappyKrust
OceanWind
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:58 pm

Post by OceanWind »

In post 980, SilverWolf wrote:I was freaking out talking to ika after I hammered a chosen. I was like, "shit, I will be kept alive for lylo and we will be voted and have to fight for our lives and I hate lylo and lost lylo twice

In my role PM, I was speculating to Ether that if you were mafia, you'd bring me to lylo and endgame me in an analogous way to that newbie game. But luckily you were nightkilled and only Ether is privy to the speculations of my wild mind.
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:01 pm

Post by Ether »

Werewolf PT
Green Room

MattP was the veto.

Having a replacement list, a pagetopper, quick deadlines and finally just embracing that I hate typing cutscenes and don't care enough to do it all made for a pretty relaxing modding job.
I forced myself to type the opening cutscene because I wanted an excuse to mess around with Telephone Cat's avatar. That is the only reason. Color To Alpha is so great and it is my new best friend.
I hope the shorter-than-the-blitz-standard deadlines and prod times weren't too much of a pain for you!

Post 984 wrote:In my role PM, I was speculating to Ether that if you were mafia, you'd bring me to lylo and endgame me in an analogous way to that newbie game. But luckily you were nightkilled and only Ether is privy to the speculations of my wild mind.
Someday. Someday.

...I was kind of tempted to let you squirm a bit longer. I am not a good person.
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:02 pm

Post by ika »

ok now that im home big post incoming
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:02 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 984, OceanWind wrote:
In post 980, SilverWolf wrote:I was freaking out talking to ika after I hammered a chosen. I was like, "shit, I will be kept alive for lylo and we will be voted and have to fight for our lives and I hate lylo and lost lylo twice

In my role PM, I was speculating to Ether that if you were mafia, you'd bring me to lylo and endgame me in an analogous way to that newbie game. But luckily you were nightkilled and only Ether is privy to the speculations of my wild mind.

OMG, I was so paranoid you would bring me to lylo as scum and I'd have to decide again.

*shudders*

LOL
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:04 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 985, Ether wrote:

Post 984 wrote:In my role PM, I was speculating to Ether that if you were mafia, you'd bring me to lylo and endgame me in an analogous way to that newbie game. But luckily you were nightkilled and only Ether is privy to the speculations of my wild mind.
Someday. Someday.

...I was kind of tempted to let you squirm a bit longer. I am not a good person.

LOL
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:08 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 13, Wisdom wrote:Ika is normally lynchable but SW is capable of towning it up. We usually townread each other easily and work together.

I think ranger might be easier.

And this is why I was suspicious of Wisdom. I mean, I know I had a bad start, I won't deny that, but still.........................

Anyway, I had a lot of fun this game, you guys were great. I'll get to you as soon as I can Yakko.
hi im Yakko
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:10 pm

Post by hi im Yakko »

Also once again sorry titus.
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:14 pm

Post by ika »

i have to say that this hydra experience was the very best one i have ever had. I have played well over a dozen hydra games with many diffrent people, but never have i ever been so in sync with a player before.

I mean silver and i talked every day about this game at one point or another. We both kept saying "wisdom is scum isn't he" and we both kinda went "ya he is" but we both failed to really drive one another to say "WELL WHY AREN'T WE LYNCHING HIM" i mena over and over it ended on the fact we thought wisdom was scum. When silver broke to me that titus was chosen lynched. I was there for her to the end. telling her "we are in it together" and that "its not her fault" cus i believed the same thing.

After our nk happened. Both of us really jsut had an overwhelming bonding moment where we both jsut felt each others emotions to each other that we both felt like we let the other down and that we both knew that we were right all along but we talked each other out of it. After realizing what we were feeling and talking. I went out with a buddy of mine i haven't seen in a few weeks due to some RL situations.

But during that entire time i could feel silverwolf and how she felt, how we both felt. How we both made each other better to each other and how we would help each other no matter what and felt each other emotional outcrys to be better ourselves. And that entire time. i kept following the thread for not only silver, but for me. Silver shared her passion to win to me. Just as i shared the way to kinda take a step back and relax sometimes and look at it like its a game and that winning isn't everything. We both made each other realize a new view.

Silver, you are truly amazing and a wonderful persona and i would hydra with you in any game you want. You made not only me but yourself better. We made each other better.

Silverwolf, thank you for all you have done for me, no words can amount the gratitude i have for you <3
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:26 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

ika, I'm just glad I was able to calm you down so you came to me instead of getting pissed in game and raging and the fact that you kept saying you were with me to help me so I can take it easy and not be so emotionally invested in games. I mean, despite some tense moments I was fairly relaxed, even to the point of drunk posting like an idiot. But it helped because I'm going through a tough time and can't really join any games until after my surgery in January. The only way I could do it was in a hydra and you helped me. Thank you for your kind words and being an amazing friend. I am really glad you reached out to me in that open and we started talking. <3
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:37 pm

Post by ika »

Honestly, what I find to be the most irony behind it was that you were scum but that general moment in that open was something that you stepped outside of your scum alignment and took initiative on. I could honestly see some scums just ignore it outright.

I mean, literally i felt like role reversal was going on where I wanted to win for you and you were telling me it was all ok. I dont think either of us was ever expecting it. I knew when i raged off, i had to let you know. and you reeled me in not only calmly, but alos was able to calm me down where most time i will jsut become a shutout to others and need time. I think you are one of the first people who has been able to do that where i have not gone off on someone for trying it.

Im glad we reached out and i would not want to have it any other way right now. <3
hi im Yakko
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:51 pm

Post by hi im Yakko »

These feels
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:55 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:00 pm

Post by ika »

MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:08 pm

Post by MattP »

This thread is quickly becoming furry
SlappyKrust
OceanWind
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:58 pm

Post by OceanWind »

I was probably too harsh on Yakko. Had a lot of pent up annoyance at the not answering questions and quickhammering playstyle which boiled over in lylo with the "deception." But ultimately you voted right at the critical moment and that won us the game. And that's all that matters.
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:16 am

Post by Ranger »

I'm sorry for having missed the deadline. Titus shouldn't have needed to replaced in.
Though, I wouldn't have done any better, maybe doing slightly worse. Given I submitted this to Ether:
Yakko continues to be my top townread.
pisskop is right behind Yakko, and MattP's pretty high up too.
I'm actually thinking that Anxiety Attack may be town, too.
Then, you get the trio of {Wisdom, LucianRoy, OceanWind}, in which I see one scum.
I'm guessing Wisdom is town, though.
It's a 50/50 split for LucianRoy and OceanWind. With Usted being scum, Usted's interactions suggest LucianRoy is scum.
However, posting-wise, post 653
very
strongly makes me think it's OceanWind as the second scum.

So that's where I currently stand.
{Yakko}
{pisskop, MattP}
{Anxiety Attack, Wisdom}
{LucianRoy}
{OceanWind}
{Usted}.
Whoops!
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."