Blitz 17: Netherspite's Blitz SORM II [Game over]

This forum was a trial run for quick games with deadlines no more than 96 hours per Day. Please see more here
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1400 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:46 pm

Post by ika »

Ai go read dead thread it was already thoroughly discussed
AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1401 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:47 pm

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

It is quite remarkable that 3dice was confirmed scum since D2, but survived until N5.
"You've been furthering the win condition of the Mafia even better than the Mafia." - Dierfire
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1402 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:00 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 1398, AlwaysInnocent wrote:I really hated the modkill by the way, Netherspite. I know you did what you thought was best, but I really disagree with what you did.

Two reasons:

(1) What constitutes an "informative vote" is arbitrary and subjective. You shouldn't have to rely on the subjective interpretation of the mod for the game outcome (or at least as little as possible). Otherwise it will likely lead to a lot of frustration.
(2) The day ended because of the modkill. This had a huge influence on the game. 3dice could have been lynched that day. I suggest that modkilling has no influence on the lynch.

I agree 100%. We hashed this out a few times in dead chat if you want to see a kind of ugly battle.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1403 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:03 pm

Post by ika »

In post 1402, SilverWolf wrote:
In post 1398, AlwaysInnocent wrote:I really hated the modkill by the way, Netherspite. I know you did what you thought was best, but I really disagree with what you did.

Two reasons:

(1) What constitutes an "informative vote" is arbitrary and subjective. You shouldn't have to rely on the subjective interpretation of the mod for the game outcome (or at least as little as possible). Otherwise it will likely lead to a lot of frustration.
(2) The day ended because of the modkill. This had a huge influence on the game. 3dice could have been lynched that day. I suggest that modkilling has no influence on the lynch.

I agree 100%. We hashed this out a few times in dead chat if you want to see a kind of ugly battle.

Ya it wasnt pretty but we worked it out in the end.

This is still the best hydra i have ever had though.

kinda wish we jailed and executed anoris n1 would of changed so much about the game.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1404 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:05 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 1403, ika wrote:

Two reasons:

Ya it wasnt pretty but we worked it out in the end.

This is still the best hydra i have ever had though.

kinda wish we jailed and executed anoris n1 would of changed so much about the game.

Yeah, this was our original decision. And then we changed it to Frozen. Then I changed it to Aronis. Then back to Frozen. Then we were for sure gonna execute her no matter what and then I got cold feet when she started begging for her life. ika wasn't as sure as I was but we decided to let her go in the end.

GG Frozen on looking town though
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1405 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:48 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 1399, 3dicerolling wrote:I put this game for nomination :D

What as? :D { ... }

I have a long list of adjectives.

but yeah it was kinda epic.
but then I have never played in one like this before, so it all seemed pretty epic to me.
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1406 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:18 pm

Post by Frozen Angel »

AI super dooper GJ
False tears bring pain to those around you
False smile brings pain to one's self

"Frozen Like Your Heart." -Ginngie
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1407 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:19 pm

Post by Frozen Angel »

You can join the hug ceremony in dead thread!
False tears bring pain to those around you
False smile brings pain to one's self

"Frozen Like Your Heart." -Ginngie
hi im Yakko
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1408 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:30 pm

Post by hi im Yakko »

Hmmmm was hoping 3dice would target me never did :/ lol
When the opposition are here you tell them nothing except where the toilets are, but you lie about that right. Fuckity bye
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1409 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:12 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 1408, hi im Yakko wrote:Hmmmm was hoping 3dice would target me never did :/ lol

I felt that as you could redirect, that you often had more power to win with cult as a witch than as a witch doctor.
There was a critical window, when recruiting you or me (but I thought i was a likely shot for this reason) would have made a witch doctor.

If that happens and you don't get killed the next day, Then a witch doctor protecting a cultist at night, takes 3 shots to kill them both.
Which nearly guarantees one surviving and another shot at another recruit.

One advantage to the witch in being converted is I suppose, that once you are a cultist you no longer have to live to win with them.
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1410 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:24 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 1408, hi im Yakko wrote:Hmmmm was hoping 3dice would target me never did :/ lol

Spoiler: your hat
yeah, while wincons a thing, if I'm ever just the king maker...
we might well both remember this game, and ...
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1411 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:26 pm

Post by Wisdom »

In post 119, Wisdom wrote:The 7 people I like the least, in no particular order: {3dicerolling, Frozen Angel, hi im Yakko, Aronis, Persivul, Aristophanes, Sensei}

The rest of you can be town, maybe

6/7

Who needs claims and roles
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1412 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:15 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 1411, Wisdom wrote:
In post 119, Wisdom wrote:The 7 people I like the least, in no particular order: {3dicerolling, Frozen Angel, hi im Yakko, Aronis, Persivul, Aristophanes, Sensei}

6/7

That IIRC you could possibly do that, is why blind i breadcrumbed I would protect you N1...
by
first doing no harm
to you.
My intention had been to protect you but then something gave me a hinky feeling about it.
So I changed to Percivul, not because i believed he was necessarily town at all but because i had an expectation of being able to know if he wasn't.
and yeah he was playing a style and approach he couldn't/didn't keep up.

and FYI: No don't go looking for crumbs in any other games I play, I always (in completed games) have rolled VT (or scum), and plan on not claiming, and playing so that i don't have to.
So the breadcrumb is usually all risk and downside if the motivated mafia find it.
So I expect i wont, and that if I did it will be so bloody weird, it wouldn't really be believed anyways so why bother.
It was just i had no idea what to do this game and I had a weird Idea so I did.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1413 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:22 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 1393, Aristophanes wrote:You have my Scum PT Release Forms signed.
Awaiting the other two I assume.

OK by me. There's very little there. I usually like to collect my thoughts in the scum thread, but with the possibility of a spy (and then the possibility of an amnesiac replacement spy) that wasn't an option.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1414 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:26 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 1412, AxleGreaser wrote:So I changed to Percivul, not because i believed he was necessarily town at all but because i had an expectation of being able to know if he wasn't.
and yeah he was playing a style and approach he couldn't/didn't keep up.

I didn't post D2 because I was pissed off that my role had been nerfed. I didn't post D3 because my blackmail was bus driven back on me. I had an interesting plan for D4 but I was dead. Don't know that it would have worked but it had possibilities.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1415 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:30 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 1386, Netherspite wrote:Masonry PT: awaiting permission from Wisdom

I posted nothing in it, so.. granted?
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1416 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:31 am

Post by Wisdom »

ftr I tried to recruit Errant N1 because he said he wasn't too excited with his role and I thought maaybe he was crumbing Citizen.
Netherspite
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1417 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:25 am

Post by Netherspite »

In post 1411, Wisdom wrote:

6/7

Yeah I've noticed that and just said "WOW" to myself :D
Now modding:
Netherspite's SORM Mafia III
(Day 2)
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1418 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:45 am

Post by SilverWolf »

I think I did that once in NY 188 where I had all but one scum in my D1 reads but then I got sidetracked and bleh...........

So gg Wisdom with those reads.
AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1419 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:05 am

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

Two reasons:

It doesn't have to be ugly.

Netherspite did what he thought was best. I just disagree with his actions. I don't dislike him for it. I just hope he is going to reconsider this in his next games. :)

Otherwise I enjoyed the game (although multi-ball and role madness is a bit too much for me).
"You've been furthering the win condition of the Mafia even better than the Mafia." - Dierfire
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1420 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:12 am

Post by SilverWolf »

No, Netherspite handled the whole thing very well and his decision to remove BM in future games is a good one. It's just that some of the shit in the dead thread got ugly unfortunately. But in any case, it's over and town won so it's all good.
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1421 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:22 am

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 1420, SilverWolf wrote:No, Netherspite handled the whole thing very well and his decision to remove BM in future games is a good one. It's just that some of the shit in the dead thread got ugly unfortunately. But in any case, it's over and town won so it's all good.

BM is less "fun" in games with format as long as this one.
if you want to have mechanics like that where there is slippery slope grey area. I have seen information conveyed by the mere timing of naked vote... when the person could speak but chose not to.
So if you want to have mechanics like BM, I think youd need to have a private topic vote thread for the BM person, and then the mod only copies across whats appropriate.

I suppose, To make it less "no fun", you could have the private topic so it is made public to the game next day, that way the BM person could rant to themselves in it and comment on the game and it and their reads become public even if they die. I suspect however its a bit of "no fun" mechanic as people sign up, and spend their time, (quite a lot of it) to play. The BM mechanic gives them a raw deal where they still have to spend the time but cant play. Its bad mana.

My 2C.
rkvothe
rkvothe
Goon
rkvothe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1422 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:26 am

Post by rkvothe »

Oh, lol, sorry Persivul. I've always redirected everything towards you, haha
AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1423 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:39 am

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

In post 1421, AxleGreaser wrote:
In post 1420, SilverWolf wrote:No, Netherspite handled the whole thing very well and his decision to remove BM in future games is a good one. It's just that some of the shit in the dead thread got ugly unfortunately. But in any case, it's over and town won so it's all good.

BM is less "fun" in games with format as long as this one.
if you want to have mechanics like that where there is slippery slope grey area. I have seen information conveyed by the mere timing of naked vote... when the person could speak but chose not to.
So if you want to have mechanics like BM, I think youd need to have a private topic vote thread for the BM person, and then the mod only copies across whats appropriate.

I suppose, To make it less "no fun", you could have the private topic so it is made public to the game next day, that way the BM person could rant to themselves in it and comment on the game and it and their reads become public even if they die. I suspect however its a bit of "no fun" mechanic as people sign up, and spend their time, (quite a lot of it) to play. The BM mechanic gives them a raw deal where they still have to spend the time but cant play. Its bad mana.

My 2C.
No, what is "appropriate" is still arbitrary and subjective.

It is better to limit the number of votes of a blackmailed person, which minimizes the information that can be conveyed. It is also entirely objective and thus there can be no controversy about the interpretation of the rules (so players won't feel cheated).

This is why in games like soccer people talk >95% of the time about the decisions of a referee. Everyone happily interprets the rules in their favor. This is also why there is a lot of anger and frustration in these games, which makes me dislike these games immensely. Every good game has objective rules where interpretation issues are minimized or completely nullified.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1424 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:09 am

Post by SilverWolf »

It was super frustrating to not be able to talk at all and then be pulled from the game. Like, that was such a raw deal for us it isn't even funny.

I don't think the BM role should be included because of the issues it caused here.

Return to “Blitz Games Trial”