Micro 583: Kids With Guns (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:31 am

Post by Xtoxm »

In post 457, Maestro wrote:Xtoxm - what were you pointing out sardonically? Were you
referencing the fact that the Vig in this setup is actually a NightVig
, or were you sardonically calling out the role fishing?

In post 457, Maestro wrote:Totally contrary to Xt, I didn't like the preemptive strike on the trust tell thing. ...

It's not a thought process I see scum going through (shit, i've never done this as scum and i'm not scum this time either so I need to be careful how I answer). It's was also long winded way of saying "i've only ever done it as town".

In post 457, Maestro wrote:No. No no no. I'm all for mindset-matching as Townhunting (or Scumhunting in multiball), but in this specific case it's absolute bullshit. Check the NM+Xt ISO below and you'll see. There was no mindset-matching possible here; they both naked-voted and that's LITERALLY ALL. Xtoxm didn't establish any mindset to match for this NM-townread. He just hopped on board and followed suit with the lovely lynch.

We made it at the same time in response to the same posts. Words are not always required, and I stand by that - It made sense at the time.

In post 457, Maestro wrote:..."case"...meaning his naked vote...

Sarcasm is totally lost on you.

In post 457, Maestro wrote:Establishing a hypothetical Vig-shot in-game in an Open Setup with a Vig is a great thing to do, since it allows the Vig to somewhat secretively. Not wanting to go along with that or actively calling it scummy isn't proTown; you (Xt) either don't understand the practice or you want it to fail.

Well, i've never played a setup like this before and I was expecting the vig to claim. Directing the vig prior to a claim is effectively a non-vig claim which town shouldn't be doing. Scum on the other hand, don't care. I expect townies to start directing vig in a well developed game but not so early on.

--

This is all i've got time for atm. I appreciate your content, Mae.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:28 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 495, Bill and Gompers wrote:Your fault for wagoning us early-game...

It's not my fault you don't know how to play a PR.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:38 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
NinoMasaki
NinoMasaki
Goon
NinoMasaki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:29 pm

Post by NinoMasaki »

Sorry for the V/LA. I'm trying my best to get as involved as I can, but my homework and exams were more stressful than I expected. If after this you all still want me to replace out, then I will.

Right now I am more than happy with a Not-Mafia lynch. Seriously? That reaction to pressure by voting immediately on someone who has been relatively inactive for actual RL reasons without any proper reason was just painful to look at.

I didn't have much of a read on xtoxm before, but the fact that he asked for a replacement on me was although not very nice, strikes me as something with more town motivation than scum - to want as much involvement from all players as possible. Whereas on the other hand Not_mafia immediately taking advantage of that puts him on the completely different side of the spectrum. I can't think of anyone who can possibly be scummier than he is.

I will take a quick look at the vote tally in the meantime.
正樹荷乃 (Masaki Nino)
I may not have perfect English. Please bear with me~
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:32 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Don't like lovely and Nino painting my Nino vote as something I thought would gain traction, there's no reasonable expectation a wagon on someone who is v/la will take off
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:35 pm

Post by Maestro »

Don't sign up for games you can't play, and don't stay in them if you realize later you can't play them. That's the bottom line. It's not cruel and it's not rude. It's an expectation on this site, for Town and for Scum. Both factions should hold you to that expectation. Replace out if you're super-stressed and busy and nobody here will hold you accountable. You'll also feel better; and won't have to waste time popping into the thread now and then just to hold up a hand. Meanwhile, you make this game harder by being a giant "?" for everybody else who can play it.

I've been where you're sitting, Nino. It's not worth adding to the stress by staying in this game if you can't play. Trust me.

PEDIT: Why vote if you want people to understand your vote isn't meant to do anything...?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:43 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

That wasn't the point of my post at all. Lovely called my Nino vote "pure desperation" and Nino called it opportunistic, if I was being desperate and opportunistic and just wanted to get a wagon that wasn't me, there's no way I'd think Nino would be the best vote
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:44 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

It's just a game Nino, exams come first
NinoMasaki
NinoMasaki
Goon
NinoMasaki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:55 pm

Post by NinoMasaki »

I know but I don't think I should replace unless I absolutely know I can't play this game, because of the amount of stress it will cause a replacement to reread 20+ pages. It will be a different thing if it was early Day 1 so I don't want to put too much problems on them.

Not_Mafia, the fact is not whether you NOW realize there is no traction on voting me, but the fact that you clearly THOUGHT back then that there will be traction, which is not uncommon as far as I know for scum. Voting for someone relatively inactive means that you won't further antagonize someone who's already active and who might push you further, while at the same time hopefully putting through with the "inactive person is scum trying to hide" mindset. I really don't like that.

So a quick check shows that N_M is at L-1. The fact that he hasn't exploded yet means that he's probably the goon? (If he immediately explodes after this post I am going to get really annoyed)
正樹荷乃 (Masaki Nino)
NinoMasaki
NinoMasaki
Goon
NinoMasaki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:59 pm

Post by NinoMasaki »

Kain has hardly posted since. Why did you vote for N_M?

Kain was strangely enough my top townread early in the day but his recent lack of activity bugs me a little.
正樹荷乃 (Masaki Nino)
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:01 pm

Post by Maestro »

In post 506, Not_Mafia wrote:That wasn't the point of my post at all. Lovely called my Nino vote "pure desperation" and Nino called it opportunistic, if I was being desperate and opportunistic and just wanted to get a wagon that wasn't me, there's no way I'd think Nino would be the best vote

Okay, I definitely agree with this, but:

In post 504, Not_Mafia wrote:Don't like lovely and Nino painting my Nino vote as something I thought would gain traction, there's no reasonable expectation a wagon on someone who is v/la will take off

...can you see how I would see this as you saying "I don't get why people are upset that my vote was actually trying to be productive - I wasn't expecting it to be useful or do anything" and can you see how that's a shitty way to think about a vote?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:07 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 508, NinoMasaki wrote:I know but I don't think I should replace unless I absolutely know I can't play this game, because of the amount of stress it will cause a replacement to reread 20+ pages. It will be a different thing if it was early Day 1 so I don't want to put too much problems on them.

Not_Mafia, the fact is not whether you NOW realize there is no traction on voting me,
but the fact that you clearly THOUGHT back then that there will be traction,
which is not uncommon as far as I know for scum. Voting for someone relatively inactive means that you won't further antagonize someone who's already active and who might push you further, while at the same time hopefully putting through with the "inactive person is scum trying to hide" mindset. I really don't like that.

So a quick check shows that N_M is at L-1. The fact that he hasn't exploded yet means that he's probably the goon? (If he immediately explodes after this post I am going to get really annoyed)

When was that made clear exactly? And a) There's a difference between v/la and lurking b) I never pushed a lurker angle on you c) Why would I go for the most inoffensive vote I could to save myself?

In post 510, Maestro wrote:
In post 506, Not_Mafia wrote:That wasn't the point of my post at all. Lovely called my Nino vote "pure desperation" and Nino called it opportunistic, if I was being desperate and opportunistic and just wanted to get a wagon that wasn't me, there's no way I'd think Nino would be the best vote

Okay, I definitely agree with this, but:

In post 504, Not_Mafia wrote:Don't like lovely and Nino painting my Nino vote as something I thought would gain traction, there's no reasonable expectation a wagon on someone who is v/la will take off

...can you see how I would see this as you saying "I don't get why people are upset that my vote was actually trying to be productive - I wasn't expecting it to be useful or do anything" and can you see how that's a shitty way to think about a vote?

I guess I could see how it read that way from an outside perspective
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:07 am

Post by Persivul »

Scum slip. Not that we need it, but still...
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:26 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 508, NinoMasaki wrote:So a quick check shows that N_M is at L-1.

According to my count it's only L-2, as you and BAG will neither shit nor get off the pot.
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:29 am

Post by wgeurts »

VOTE: Not_Mafia
"
i agree we should have a rule against wgeurts
" -
Davsto

"
let's have 2 rules against wgeurts
" -
DeathRowKitty

Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:33 am

Post by Persivul »

My A-B is currently Kain-Maestro. I liked Xtox's posts yesterday. I'm not even sure I want him in at C. My C would be a split between xtox & Nina.

Any chance someone could man up and hammer before bomb gets a chance to go off?
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:34 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 514, wgeurts wrote:VOTE: Not_Mafia

Mod probably counts that but you might want to do it in hydra to be sure.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:46 am

Post by Xtoxm »

I will after I finish addressing .
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:51 am

Post by Persivul »

Dude hammer now and make the post in twilight. The bomb is a factor.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:53 am

Post by Persivul »

Delay could be seen as a scum bussing but not before the bomb goes off.
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:15 am

Post by shaddowez »

In post 514, wgeurts wrote:VOTE: Not_Mafia

This vote will count, but please be careful to post from your hydra account and not your mains.

VC incoming
V/LA on Weekends
NinoMasaki
NinoMasaki
Goon
NinoMasaki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:17 am

Post by NinoMasaki »

VOTE: Not_mafia

Good point. I don't want a bomb going off.
正樹荷乃 (Masaki Nino)
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:23 am

Post by shaddowez »

VC 1.12
Not_Mafia
[LYNCH]
- Persivul, lovelygiant, Maestro, Bill and Gompers, NinoMasaki
NinoMasaki
- Not_Mafia

Not Voting
- Xtoxm, KainTepes

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. Deadline is in (expired on 2016-03-03 14:30:00)

Mod Notes: Flip coming shortly!
Last edited by shaddowez on Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
V/LA on Weekends
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:34 am

Post by shaddowez »

Snack time approaches, and the kids are getting tired and cranky. While a few are sitting doing their own thing, many of them start ganging up on Not_Mafia. Not_Mafia pretends to shoot them, so after giving everyone their milk and cookies he is forced into timeout while everyone else naps.

Not_Mafia,
Vanilla Townie
, isn't allowed to play with the other children anymore.

Night deadline is in (expired on 2016-03-01 08:00:00)
V/LA on Weekends
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:52 am

Post by shaddowez »

Sorry for the delay everyone, work was crazy this morning.

VC 2.0You wake up from naptime, and rubbing sleep out of your eyes you look around. Not only are some of your toys put away, but you also notice that
Persivul,
Town 1-Shot Vig
, and Maestro,
Vanilla Townie
are in time out.

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch. Deadline is in (expired on 2016-03-15 12:00:00)

Not Voting
- Xtoxm, lovelygiant, NinoMasaki, KainTepes, Bill and Gompers[/area]
Mod Notes:
V/LA on Weekends

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”