Micro 622: Queen Mafia GAME OVER

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:18 am

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 576, duppin wrote:I mean sure I can explain why I think the idea of me ever being with Aristo is rather silly, I just don't really think it matters if we can just auto this.
In post 574, duppin wrote:
In post 572, GuiltyLion wrote:why would you ask conftown that question?
I'm asking you because I believe the game is auto. If you think I'm likely scum, then you don't need to include me in the auto. I'm pretty sure Elyse and TTH aren't ever with Aristo.
Like, these came way before TTH said anything D2.

And I don't think anyone except GL can claim towncred for aristo, because he wasn't actually lynched.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:19 am

Post by serrapaladin »

And why was my slot super town?
Wandering but not lost
duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:22 am

Post by duppin »

I didn't believe Elyse and TTH could ever be with Aristo after day 1. I'm not sure what you want me to say to be honest, obviously I know now that I was wrong, but on the otherhand it seemed like pretty much everyone else agreed that the mafia was in Wingback/BNL. In fact Wingback and BNL were pretty much the only players that really considered other worlds.
duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:24 am

Post by duppin »

I never called your slot super town before the check on you. (Although I did state I had a slight town read on you). My main reason for townreading Elyse was that I couldn't see her be with Aristo considering she put him at L-1 two times d1 and the second time was actually when the Postie train was beginning to gain traction.
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:45 pm

Post by TellTaleHeart »

Well I suck. I thought I was being smart and I managed to fuck that up.

VOTE: duppin
The Show Must Go On
The Show Must Go On
Goon
The Show Must Go On
Goon
Goon

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:51 pm

Post by The Show Must Go On »

Votecount 3.31:

duppin (1): TellTaleHeart
serrapaladin (0):
TellTaleHeart (0):

Not Voting (2): serrapaladin, duppin

With 3 alive it's 2 to lynch.

Day ends in (expired on 2016-08-06 15:00:00).

Song:
Radio Gaga

Notes:
All we hear!
Last edited by The Show Must Go On on Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:56 am

Post by serrapaladin »

@TTH: do you have a history of crumbing your role as a town PR? What about as scum?
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:07 am

Post by serrapaladin »

@mod: what does a neapolitan return when successfully investigating a mafia goon
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:10 am

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 633, TellTaleHeart wrote:
In post 627, GuiltyLion wrote:Town feels a little OP but yeah let's lynch Wingback and then I'll shoot BNL tonight if Wingback flips town. If somehow that doesn't end it then it'll be a LYLO decision between duppin/TTH, hopefully I would get killed so it would be Elyse that has to deal with it
You could be right, depending on what specials scum have, but I would wager that the Normal Review Group does not agree with you.

That's actually the reason I think BnL is town. Two town neighbors would further narrow the pool of people I could possibly confirm and nerf the utility of my role. (This is all with the caveat that setup speculation is not really my thing.)
Explain how this link suggests doc+vig+neighbours+1-shot neap is balanced in a 2:7.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:15 am

Post by serrapaladin »

Also, why did you target my slot, and not someone you were scumreading?
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:48 am

Post by serrapaladin »

I have this nagging voice in my head telling me that the neap is a twist on rolecop and the neighbours are decoys. I guess scum have daytalk, so it's possible they have no PR. Giving them 1 BP is not fun, and there's no indication of a different PR.
Wandering but not lost
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:54 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 756, serrapaladin wrote:@TTH: do you have a history of crumbing your role as a town PR? What about as scum?
I crumbed my role as town JK before and I'm pretty proud of this crumb.
That's the only one I have, but I don't have an extensive history rolling specials.
In post 759, serrapaladin wrote:Also, why did you target my slot, and not someone you were scumreading?
That defeats the purpose of the neapolitan role.
The "Not Vanilla Townie" result isn't definitive, that doesn't mean that whoever I got the result on is scum. But the "Vanilla Townie" result
is
indisputable evidence of my target being town. The idea behind neapolitan isn't to catch scum. It's to confirm town.

And with that in mind:
In post 758, serrapaladin wrote:
In post 633, TellTaleHeart wrote:
In post 627, GuiltyLion wrote:Town feels a little OP but yeah let's lynch Wingback and then I'll shoot BNL tonight if Wingback flips town. If somehow that doesn't end it then it'll be a LYLO decision between duppin/TTH, hopefully I would get killed so it would be Elyse that has to deal with it
You could be right, depending on what specials scum have, but I would wager that the Normal Review Group does not agree with you.

That's actually the reason I think BnL is town. Two town neighbors would further narrow the pool of people I could possibly confirm and nerf the utility of my role. (This is all with the caveat that setup speculation is not really my thing.)
Explain how this link suggests doc+vig+neighbours+1-shot neap is balanced in a 2:7.
Simply because a town neighbor gives one fewer "vanilla town" slot to confirm. Neapolitan is a role that becomes
less
powerful as it's surrounded with more non-VTs.
In post 760, serrapaladin wrote:I have this nagging voice in my head telling me that the neap is a twist on rolecop and the neighbours are decoys. I guess scum have daytalk, so it's possible they have no PR. Giving them 1 BP is not fun, and there's no indication of a different PR.
I don't really know how to answer this other than to give my opinion, which is that I think scum have an investigative perk like tracker or watcher. Watcher is my pick here because it can nab all the specials including the vig through the ascetic modifier. Jailkeeper is another possibility, albeit a little less elegant.

Regardless, you are correct that the all-town neighborhood is a "decoy." In theory they give zero net power, but in practice they tend to be slightly negative utility given that players tend to assume neighborhoods always have at least one scum.
duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:30 am

Post by duppin »

Well,

VOTE: TTH

Anyway Serra, I'm honestly not entirely sure what to say at this point. I didn't expect the game to get here. I am however town. I'm not sure there is any point in me going over my play or trying to encourage you to check my ISO as you already did that yesterday.

But I also think TTH has played a towny game. To be fair I don't believe I have played with her before, so it's possible I'm just bad at reading her but I really thought she was town.
duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:46 am

Post by duppin »

And Serra while I assume you've checked yourself, I'd like you to consider the fact that TTH had zero interactions with Aristo while I had several and actively pushed on him. (And Aristo also called me out).

While I personally do not believe this makes TTH suspicious, I think it tells you that it is more unlikely for me to be with Aristo than it is for TTH. I mean sure it could've been bussing and whatever.
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:28 am

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 15, TellTaleHeart wrote:I'm the one who steps from the shadows,
all trenchcoat and cigarette and arrogance,
ready to deal with the madness.

VOTE: lane
Could you briefly explain this game to me, please? Was that a post by you as scum?
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:38 am

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 8, TellTaleHeart wrote:
T
he
r
e
a
re no breadcrumbs
i
n
t
his p
o
st to be found. Move
r
ight along.

VOTE: RC
And what's up with this.

Looks to me like you've been toying with crumbing/fake-crumbing as either faction.
Wandering but not lost
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:11 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 764, serrapaladin wrote:
In post 15, TellTaleHeart wrote:I'm the one who steps from the shadows,
all trenchcoat and cigarette and arrogance,
ready to deal with the madness.

VOTE: lane
Could you briefly explain this game to me, please? Was that a post by you as scum?
This was from the DC UPick. That was two games in one. The mechanic was that there were two separate "Earths" where each player had two separate roles on each "Earth" that the game toggled between upon a mislynch. I happened to be a VT on Earth One (when I made the post you quoted) and a scum rolecop on Earth Two (which I didn't know until the first night when the game moved to Earth Two after the first mislynch).

The post was from when I was town. I was John Constantine and in my first post I used a John Constantine quote, so I "crumbed" my flavor there but not my role.
In post 765, serrapaladin wrote:
In post 8, TellTaleHeart wrote:
T
he
r
e
a
re no breadcrumbs
i
n
t
his p
o
st to be found. Move
r
ight along.

VOTE: RC
And what's up with this.

Looks to me like you've been toying with crumbing/fake-crumbing as either faction.
That was silliness. I was scum there, but the game featured a scum traitor (which I wasn't) so the joke was that I was making a ham fisted "traitor" crumb, I wasn't making a serious attempt at crumbing.
duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:31 pm

Post by duppin »

Well I just realised something, TTH yesterday you claimed you were townreading BNL but you weren't sure the reason you were scumreading him was justified (#) and in # you claimed the reason you were townreading him was because of his role.

BNL claimed in #, which was after you claimed to have a townread on him. While I honestly don't really care about your answer, I'd still like to hear it. For what reason were you townreading him in 587 and why weren't unsure about it being justified?

I'm curious as to if you actually have a reason or if you're just going to pull a weird read out of nowhere now.
duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:34 pm

Post by duppin »

were you*
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:10 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

@duppin: how do you explain scum!TTH choosing to clear Elyse?
Wandering but not lost
duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:43 am

Post by duppin »

In post 769, serrapaladin wrote:@duppin: how do you explain scum!TTH choosing to clear Elyse?
As in what I make of her outing her result? I don't think it had anything to do with her wanting to clear Elyse as much as it had to do with her wanting to claim her role. I just assume she checked your slot n1, since she knew you were a VT, which means she outed her check when claiming. Maybe she did it to make her claim seem more believable or maybe she was attempting to buddy her. Elyse had called me out a couple of times, so seeing as it was rather obvious from TTH's PoV that it would most likely end up with a last of three with her, Elyse and me, so perhaps she was just trying to get Elyse over to her side. I don't really know what her motivation was for doing so, I personally just think she outed n1 to make her claim seem more trustworthy but it is a possibility she was planning ahead.
duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:44 am

Post by duppin »

Sorry doing this from my phone.

I personally just think she outed her n1 check*.
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:36 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 767, duppin wrote:Well I just realised something, TTH yesterday you claimed you were townreading BNL but you weren't sure the reason you were scumreading him was justified (#) and in # you claimed the reason you were townreading him was because of his role.

BNL claimed in #, which was after you claimed to have a townread on him. While I honestly don't really care about your answer, I'd still like to hear it. For what reason were you townreading him in 587 and why weren't unsure about it being justified?

I'm curious as to if you actually have a reason or if you're just going to pull a weird read out of nowhere now.
Going through Fire Assassin's posting, it didn't take me long to figure out who the other neighbor was.
In post 139, Fire Assassin wrote:Theres actually a reason BNL might be just weird in general, so its kind of a reason I don't want to lynch him today at all.
Elsye, why wouldn't scum tag team together based on the reasoning nobody would suspect them? You are using a preflip associaiton when you should be looking at players motivations, then analyzing each individually.

Unlesss you can do good preflip associations, they are usually not good in my experience.
In post 150, Fire Assassin wrote:
In post 144, duppin wrote:But what associations? It sounded to me like you thought Elyse was suddenly town because Bullet pushed on her. I assumed that meant you thought that Bullet was scum, but that doesn't really line up your follow up posts.
Yes, I am not liking bullet so my read on elsye was predicated on that and I said it was bad, and since scrapped.
In post 145, duppin wrote:Or well you called him "meh", but you didn't push or vote on him after, which I thought was rather odd since you seemed to imply he was scum (and that Elyse was town for thar reason), unless I misunderstood your post in which case I'd like you to explain exactly what you meant.
I have very good reasons not to push Bullet.
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:50 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 769, serrapaladin wrote:@duppin: how do you explain scum!TTH choosing to clear Elyse?
In post 770, duppin wrote:
As in what I make of her outing her result? I don't think it had anything to do with her wanting to clear Elyse as much as it had to do with her wanting to claim her role. I just assume she checked your slot n1, since she knew you were a VT, which means she outed her check when claiming. Maybe she did it to make her claim seem more believable or maybe she was attempting to buddy her. Elyse had called me out a couple of times, so seeing as it was rather obvious from TTH's PoV that it would most likely end up with a last of three with her, Elyse and me, so perhaps she was just trying to get Elyse over to her side. I don't really know what her motivation was for doing so, I personally just think she outed n1 to make her claim seem more trustworthy but it is a possibility she was planning ahead.
For what it's worth, if I were scum here I wouldn't have crumbed an investigative special without having any idea of what the rest of the setup looked like. As scum, I play conservatively (vanilla claims and minimal to no bussing) because that's the style that wins scum games. Whenever I
do
take a risk (like my vig fakeclaim in the DC Universe game you quoted), it's a calculated risk based on knowledge I already have (I was a rolecop there and about halfway through a massclaim, so I already knew the whole setup by the time I made my claim).

I know that's a self-assessment and probably not worth that much to you, but that's my $0.02.
The Show Must Go On
The Show Must Go On
Goon
The Show Must Go On
Goon
Goon

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:19 am

Post by The Show Must Go On »

<3

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”