Xkfyu
Xkfyu (1):
Accountant

Not Voting (2):
MURDERCAT, Impoetic

With 4 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.

Deadline:
(expired on 2016-08-14 23:30:00)
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2001 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:44 am

Post by Accountant »

Plus, he's been buddying you really hard the last 2 day phases.
Tell me more
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2002 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:46 am

Post by Xkfyu »

MC stop hiding. Come out of the shadows and push who you want lynched.

You are against a No Lynch, so a town you really should care who is lynched.
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2003 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:49 am

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 2001, Accountant wrote:

Plus, he's been buddying you really hard the last 2 day phases.
Tell me more
In post 1908, MURDERCAT wrote:Accountant is a god, just saying.
In post 1961, MURDERCAT wrote:I'm inclined to just role with Accountant for the rest of this game.
In post 1976, MURDERCAT wrote:
Accountant you are all but confirmed. If we no lynch today you will die, so I think we should just go for it. You are driving this thing now though.

Xk and Impo, please post your best evidence that the other one is scum and go ahead and claim too for good measure. Reasons you can't be scum with Tam/Ira will also be accepted.

FWIW, I'm feeling very confident we are going to win this.
You really haven't noticed?
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2004 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:50 am

Post by Xkfyu »

Accountant, do you really think I was bussing Tam the entire time?
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2005 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:57 am

Post by Accountant »

JaeReed said similar though and he was town.

Re: bussing tam, it's a point in your favor, but not so strong that I'd be willing to flip completely and lynch CAT

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2006 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:08 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

I'm busy yo
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2007 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:08 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

This game requires a full reread, I'll get to it.
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2008 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:36 am

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 2005, Accountant wrote:JaeReed said similar though and he was town.

Re: bussing tam, it's a point in your favor, but not so strong that I'd be willing to flip completely and lynch CAT
How about MC's total avoidance of the Tam wagon once she got close to being lynched?
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2009 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:38 am

Post by Accountant »

Good point

I did feel that Murdercat's "nooooo tam's wagon is fishy" was ??? and off, so I'd like catty to answer this qsn

MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2010 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:44 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

JR thought the same thing yo
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2011 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:45 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

Once I knew you were right and I was wrong I sheeped you onto Ira no question so
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2012 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:54 am

Post by Xkfyu »

MURDERCAT wrote:Once I knew you were right and I was wrong I sheeped you onto Ira no question so
Once you knew the two most townie players in the game were going to lynch him, you mean.
In post 1822, Accountant wrote:VOTE: iraonvp
In post 1824, JaeReed wrote:Lol he was just one shot. I was one shot.

Hopefully for those better at setup spec than I am that'll clear up what roles scum might have.

Not voting outside of Son, Xk, iraon today.

VOTE: Iraon

This is now a liability even if he's town.

P-edit: Actually yeah nah he's defs scum.
In post 1833, MURDERCAT wrote:VOTE: ira

I'm gunna roll with you guys.

TOWN BLOCK..... ASSEMBLE!!!
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2013 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:03 am

Post by Xkfyu »

You know MC, I never could figure out why ira came out in D3 immediately pushing you and Accountant as scum. It's why I thought he was town. Neither of those lynched could have gone through. So, it would have been suicide for him, as scum, to push your lynches. It would have made much more sense to push for Sonrio's lynch, or even mine. Of course, simple scum distancing is a valid explanation.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2014 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:47 am

Post by Accountant »

I actually don't think ira's tunnelling targets is at all relevant. From what I saw he basically just hard tunnelled the first two people to vote him, and spent the next two days saying "acct and cat are scum" in a variety of ways which basically let him hide and do nothing. That push on D3 was just a continuation of the BS that we let him get away with D1 and D2

Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2015 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:54 am

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 2014, Accountant wrote:I actually don't think ira's tunnelling targets is at all relevant. From what I saw he basically just hard tunnelled the first two people to vote him, and spent the next two days saying "acct and cat are scum" in a variety of ways which basically let him hide and do nothing. That push on D3 was just a continuation of the BS that we let him get away with D1 and D2
If that's all it was, don't you think he would have targeted you, instead of MC there?

Yes, he tunneled both you and MC the first two day, but look at the vote counts for D1 and D2. It's nothing but him voting you. Why suddenly switch it to MC in D3?

Do you really think it's because he thought it would be easier to lynch MC than you, with JR seeing MC as basically confirmed town?
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2016 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:56 am

Post by Accountant »

Okay hold up at this point I'm going to do a serious serious ISO of murdercat

Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2017 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:19 am

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 2016, Accountant wrote:Okay hold up at this point I'm going to do a serious serious ISO of murdercat
While you do that, please pay particular attention to this:
In post 1057, MURDERCAT wrote:UNVOTE:

I need to catch up to see if I'm comfortable with that.
Notice how he hadn't posted for almost an entire 24 hours prior to this post, but shows up to unvote Tam just two minutes after JJD puts her on L-1.

I noticed his convenient timing then, and posted this:
In post 1062, Xkfyu wrote:
In post 1057, MURDERCAT wrote:UNVOTE:

I need to catch up to see if I'm comfortable with that.
Hi. Been here long?
to which he never responded.

Shortly thereafter, he starts the wagon up on me claiming "vibes."
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2018 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:25 am

Post by Accountant »

I didn't like the vibes thing either

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2019 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:25 am

Post by Accountant »

UNVOTE:
While I think things through :|

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2020 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:28 am

Post by Accountant »

Impo, I would love your thoughts on Xkfyu vs MURDERCAT! Maybe a third party can offer some fresh insights.

Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: off in space, absentmindedly pouring coffee grounds in the water reservoir.

Post Post #2021 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:29 am

Post by Impoetic »

In post 1993, Xkfyu wrote:
In post 1991, Impoetic wrote:Re: VC 1.21: how can you claim you’re a serious counterwagon due to two votes from confirmed townies? If MCAT wanted to create a counterwagon, why would they have even voted that slot before anyone else did? The optimal move would be to latch onto Tam or Ira’s votes, assuming there wasn’t an obvious indicator of intent from robb/Jae beforehand. (I know nothing about VCA so correct me if I’m wrong, all.)
How can you claim that I'm not? One of those confirmed towns (JR) was just sheeping MC at the time, and MC knew that.
2 votes vs. whatever was on Tam when MC could have joined one of his partners no problem, right? 1 mafia and 1 town does not a counterwagon make, and the third town there came afterwards. I should also like to point out it was Pacman that was actually lynched, not you, even though I don't remember any real reason for the wagon on you to be less effective than the one on pacman? Then again, my memory is the worst of anyone I've met so like.
In post 1991, Impoetic wrote:Also, re: VC 2.05:
I realize you’re way more into this vote count analysis thing than I as of yet but I find it hard to believe that’s “really scary” to you when you’re also fairly confident in Accountant being town (or project yourself to be such). It’s a single move by scum that is actually a meta I’ve read about before and you probably have too. This game is now 80 pages long and there’s not even any dialogue outside of the vote count that could flesh out your “scare.”
That's the only thing that scared me at all about Accountant. Everything else has pointed to him being town. It's "scary" because I know I would have let my buddy hammer me in that situation, and if Accountant is scum, then there is no way that we win this game.
The fact that it's the *only* thing that bothered you is why I think this logic which just looks a bit too convoluted and not like something that would cause a visceral reaction. I myself would never see it that way if I weren't predisposed to being worried about Accountant, and I wouldn't really doubt my conviction over that alone even if I did think that was an obvious way of looking at it. It's possible that's just a difference in mindset, but I feel that it could also be a scumtell.
In post 1991, Impoetic wrote:And this was related to what I wanted to say yesterday, IIRC, but where does your TR on me actually come from?
My town read on you comes from your posts.
Lmao I might steal that answer sometime if you don't mind.

I was actually looking for you to show your thought process -- i.e. how my posts are towny, when you decided I was towny, etc.

Going off memory:

Earlier, you [Xkfyu] said "leaning slightly on MC/ira
because of JJD's report on impo,
but only slightly". This was
before
mafia failed to kill, so there was no reason for that to be such a tentative idea. What are the chances mafia has a doctor in a closed-roles setup AND that the one PR who couldn't find doctor investigated the one scum they couldn't find?

Then when I inquired into the post, you said it was
because of your townread on me
. Now you say you townread me because of my posts! My posts haven't drastically changed since then, as far as I'm aware.

So, based on little things like this occurring more than once and the fact that TRing me here is sudden, optimal, and unexplained (your response to my question was amusing but not what I picture you saying as town), I think your reads are forged.

Also wait omg it's mylo? OH MY GOD??!

I haven't read past Accountant pointing out it was mylo and I was about to vote xkfyu but okay f*ck. Anyway I'll just post what I wrote so far.
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: off in space, absentmindedly pouring coffee grounds in the water reservoir.

Post Post #2022 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:34 am

Post by Impoetic »

In post 2020, Accountant wrote:Impo, I would love your thoughts on Xkfyu vs MURDERCAT! Maybe a third party can offer some fresh insights.
Sorry I was planning to vote Xk today and had thought it was a ML (even when you pointed out it was mylo, I didn't believe you until I counted it out the
second time
at the end of the last post which was waaaay after I saw you point it out) and I haven't really analyzed MCAT except to think he made a towny remark today lol. I also haven't read this page at all or even finished reading the last one necessarily (not sure, have to check) but I'll post if I think of things. It freaks me out that this is MYLO.

I thought scum needed 2 MLs, which is why I thought it was optimal for Xkf to tr me here, since you and murdercat were not looking like you'd be lynched earlier (largely due to jae, but still) and that would mean it'd make sense for xkf to start pushing on one of you before pushing on me, or something. Scratch all that. WIFOM may be possible, but I could say that of anything. "*_*
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2023 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:43 am

Post by Impoetic »

In post 1998, Xkfyu wrote:
In post 1995, Accountant wrote:Uhhhhhh xkfyu are you aware this is mylo
Shit, you're right. We're 4, not 5.
Okay would scum not know this, Accountant?

I feel like it'd be weird for scum not to know this, so it's either a townslip, a dumbtell, or xkfyu just wasn't thinking about it which seems weird since he's doing VCA which is something I'd expect from someone who would be thinking about how many MLs are needed as scum. Like it's a weak townslip but it does seem like it could be one.

Also, I don't want to NL. I agree that Accountant is really towny and I'm not concerned at all, which is unusual for me, but still. I prefer 3 townies working together over 2. I hope MC comes back soon though. I want him to answer me and contribute.

Jaereed did say MC was like confirmed town and I'll feel really shitty if I end up voting MC and Jae was right. But I'll also feel shitty for just kinda going with the flow at this point.
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2024 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:51 am

Post by Impoetic »

In post 2007, MURDERCAT wrote:This game requires a full reread, I'll get to it.
huh?

I thought you were feeling confident we were going to win this and certain you could lynch in me and Xkfyu w/o problem, and wanted us to give our best arguments.

Also your "feeling pretty confident we're going to win this" just went from a towntell to a mild scumtell in my eyes. or at least NAI. I've honestly been sheeping jae on you all this time and probably need to iso you now because xkfyu and accountant have succeeded in freaking me out. I think accountant's still probably town.

I don't understand why you suddenly seem to be viewing the stakes as higher. You did know it was MYLO, unlike xk or me, and you were happy not to reread when asking us to give arguments. I hate to say all that because it's like I'm complaining that you're trying to find scum which is not what I want to do but I don't understand where you're coming from and would like more exposition. I don't mind the fact that you're rereading; I mind the fact that I don't know where your reread is coming from.

Did I say that OK?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”