Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12700 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:08 pm

Post by Killthestory »

In post 12693, Cerberus v666 wrote:
Kts, we could(and should) have blown up your slot as soon as you said you were garnet. I sincerely regret not doing thst, jist for the shock and awe it would cause, plus it would have bypassed your roles protections(per varsoon after you flipped, though by the letter of your ability you would have still been alive).
hehe u shuld have lol
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #12701 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:10 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

I actually believe had we realized that Titus was going to IC, on D1, when we considered that maybe the gems were removed upon achieving their win con, we would have put more weight on that line of thought and played towards the "only kills town" plan, keeping yume pocketed and using our roleblock to shut down another gem.

Our obtuseness could have easily been the biggest factor is us pursuing a game plan that got ruined when skybird was killed.

Pedit:@KTS: I KNOW! IT WOULD HAVE BEEN HILARIOUS. Imagine town just tiptoeing around any mention of flavor all game...:p
GTK a me, currently live, this may be your only chance!
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=78521&p=10688009#p10688009
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12702 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:11 pm

Post by Killthestory »

honestly i don't remember what came up at the time but i think it was important and i had to replace out. srry i wish i had stuck with it bc it looked like a fun game : ) ))
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #12703 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:59 pm

Post by Titus »

Hey KTS, you faking IC was so hard not to scumread you. I didn't know if you were covering for me being a little ahem less than subtle or what... I hope I didn't wreck your plans or annoy you too badly. I struggled with that.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #12704 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:06 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

In post 12696, Titus wrote:@Drixx/Magna, I would love your feedback.
Titus I’ll have to look back for you because you’ve been dead so long that I barely remember that part of the game now. Fuzzy recollection says that I had little issue with your approach. It may take me til Monday but I’m PM you my thoughts.

--
In post 12695, Drixx wrote:So please accept my sincere apology for the attack. Whatever it was that irritated me caused me to jump to a false conclusion about you. I'm honest though and will freely admit that it was in fact a false conclusion so yeah. My bad.
No need to apologize. If fact I would prefer you don’t. It doesn’t hurt my feelings.

My acknowledgement that it would be best if I try not to cross your path in the future is not about feelings but toxicity. I long ago made it a rule that if I found someone who generally was toxic when mixed with me in games to actively disengage from playing games with them whenever possible. This rule has served me well and I think helped to keep games overall more enjoyable for the general public on MS.

Now this list changes over time. For many years Fate was number 1 on this list. Over time we’ve come to an understanding and he’s no longer someone I watch out for. Most of players from the old days who were on my list are no longer around. But when I find that someone new needs to go on the list I put them there and try to keep MS a better overall place.

There’s an old saying “You are what you do when no-one is watching”. I personally believe in this saying. In fact I started a Mafia Discussion thread basically saying “All PTs should be released at game end” based on that saying. Because my feeling is that anything you say in a PT you shouldn’t have any trouble saying in a regular game thread. I’ve seen arguments to the contrary “It’s just blowing off steam” being the most common one. Which I understand but disagree with. If you are willing to say something in a PT it shows a level of vitriol towards that person. I don’t see any benefit of hiding it. All it leads to is a progressively worse cycle of toxicity between the players.

Clearly you reacted to me in some fashion at a level that isn’t healthy for us to cross paths in the future to my judgement. For both our own betterments and the betterment of ever of everyone else who would be in those games.

I don’t bear you any ill will and wish you the best with your games. But rather than risk the underlying toxicity between us simmer and boil I’ll keep my eye out and make sure to not cross your path to the best of my ability.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #12705 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:09 pm

Post by McMenno »

In post 12704, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Titus I’ll have to look back for you because you’ve been dead so long that I barely remember that part of the game now. Fuzzy recollection says that I had little issue with your approach. It may take me til Monday but I’m PM you my thoughts.
and she still has the most posts in the game
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #12706 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:15 pm

Post by mastina »

I'll have thoughts to give (which I'll give on mastin2) later, but I'd like to first say this will officially be my last game on mastin2, and that for all purposes outside of speakeasy access I'm switching to mastina. One reason for this is that my sentbox is like less than 15 messages from being 100% full. Over the seven years I've had the account, that means I've sent OVER 2,000 PMs. Some have been deleted, and a good 500-1,000 were moved to some of my other PM folders, which are themselves fairly full.

Simply put, I'm running out of on-site storage for messages on the account. The only way to make room would be to delete all those older messages, but I like to have an archive of everything I've ever received and everything I've ever sent, because you never know when that ONE PM might come in handy to have. (I can and have referenced PMs which were literally years old in the past, something I'd be unable to do if I had deleted them.)

I suppose in theory, I could go through the effort of manually recording each and every single one of the PMs and then one by one deleting the originals, but that's :effort: beyond what I feel like is worth it especially when I just have access to mastina and was basically using this account for everything, anyway. It's simpler and easier to just retire the old account.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #12707 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:20 pm

Post by mastina »

(Exact Stats: 1989/2000 in Sent Messages.
56/2000 in my Outbox.
65/2000 in my Personal PMs folder.
803/2000 in my Role PMs folder.
397/2000 in my Hydras folder.
1519/2000 in my Modding folder.
24/2000 in the default Saved messages folder.
And 1106/2000 in my Inbox.
Grant total, 5,959 PMs.

Keep in mind the OLD limit was 1,000 until I specifically requested expansion.)
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12708 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:20 pm

Post by Drixx »

@MoI: I respect that viewpoint. I'm just letting you know there isn't any lingering anything from my end towards you. If I saw you in another game, I wouldn't view you negatively at all. In fact, I would probably view you positively. Cerberus and I are both also of the opinion that all PTs should be released.

Whenever you feel comfortable trying again, please don't avoid me forever. I am not blowing smoke when I say that I literally have forgotten what made me feel that way, and whatever it WAS, your play AFTER that point left me without that impression of you. If I still felt that way, I would tell you.

Thanks for responding and letting me know your outlook. I agree that less toxic = more fun.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Shiro
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12709 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:29 pm

Post by Shiro »

In post 12619, Almost50 wrote:GG all.

@Mastina:
Good Reads and GOOD DETERMINATION.

@RR:
You guys are GREAT. I enjoyed your Scum play even more than I had enjoyed your Town play before.

@Creature:
Yeah, I'll be sure to change my profile soon enough! :lol:

@Shiro:
Your "gut" isn't any better than mine! :P

@Grapes:
You too! We should be competing for the wooden spoon trophy or something!!

@MoI:
Once again, SORRY for the outburst, but it REALLY peeved me that you skimmed and misread (and thus misrepresented) everything I said in our PT.

@Far:
Your play is scummy. End of.

@Yume:
I have yet to see you play a better game, despite having rusted Sky too much.

@Titus:
You're one of the few players who CAN tell the difference between my Town play and my Scum play.

@Varsoon:
You're A LEGEND!
Yea drixx fooled me at the end. Dx I thought he was town there.after the lynch, thank god I followed my mechcanil anylisis after all :P
To me:
shiro you are a charmer you were obvscum but for some reason people just wouldn't eliminate you ~Antihero
About me:
I stg this is how conversations with Lucifer go. ~Papa Zito
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #12710 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:37 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 12709, Shiro wrote:

@Mastina:

@RR:
You guys are GREAT. I enjoyed your Scum play even more than I had enjoyed your Town play before.

@Creature:

@Shiro:

@Grapes:

@MoI:
Once again, SORRY for the outburst, but it REALLY peeved me that you skimmed and misread (and thus misrepresented) everything I said in our PT.

@Far:

@Yume:

@Titus:
You're one of the few players who CAN tell the difference between my Town play and my Scum play.

@Varsoon:
You're A LEGEND!
Yea drixx fooled me at the end. Dx I thought he was town there.after the lynch, thank god I followed my mechcanil anylisis after all :P

*shrug* Looking at the mechanics, there should have been more scum. SOMETHING MORE anti-town needed to exist. We weren't just using that to push people, it was legitimately the viewpoint town!us would have with what we had seen of the setup.

Like, we were so sure that there was another anti-town role of some sort that when Varsoon forgot to adjust the lynch threshold when grapes was returned to the game, we started speculating about how he could possibly be another anti-town role, and maybe somebody else was a survivor or something, so we were in LYLO.

Point is, your mechanical analysis was wrong/the game just wasn't balanced. ^^
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12711 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:46 pm

Post by Killthestory »

In post 12703, Titus wrote:Hey KTS, you faking IC was so hard not to scumread you. I didn't know if you were covering for me being a little ahem less than subtle or what... I hope I didn't wreck your plans or annoy you too badly. I struggled with that.
um lol if i claimed ic then it was probably for a different reason, so no worries

but i'll be honest i can't even remember this game
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12712 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:09 pm

Post by Not Chara »

good game everyone! i confess i didn't completely follow after my flip, but i had a lot of fun with the game while alive and even while bubbled by the gems.

that bubbled PT contains some anger towards Rational... i'm not sure how much it was justified, but i'd like to think it was because they were scum that they made decisions i did not enjoy. still love to play with you two.

fantastic game Varsoon. i can't remember which thread this was discussed in, but making Peridot a scum third party instead of neutral would have been interesting and possibly helpful.
"You're the oddest juxtaposition of reasonable and unreasonable I've ever seen."
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12713 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:11 pm

Post by Not Chara »

i haven't read the scum PT but, i assume i was killed due to being near-confirmed town?
"You're the oddest juxtaposition of reasonable and unreasonable I've ever seen."
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Shiro
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12714 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:11 pm

Post by Shiro »

You did technically have Peridot she could go either way
To me:
shiro you are a charmer you were obvscum but for some reason people just wouldn't eliminate you ~Antihero
About me:
I stg this is how conversations with Lucifer go. ~Papa Zito
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12715 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:12 pm

Post by Not Chara »

between this game and Undertale, i'd really like to stop TvTing Titus. one day...
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #12716 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:12 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 12711, Killthestory wrote:
In post 12703, Titus wrote:Hey KTS, you faking IC was so hard not to scumread you. I didn't know if you were covering for me being a little ahem less than subtle or what... I hope I didn't wreck your plans or annoy you too badly. I struggled with that.
um lol if i claimed ic then it was probably for a different reason, so no worries

but i'll be honest i can't even remember this game
Ok, I'm TRYING to be more sensitive as town and it was something I remembered.

I think RR were excellent sports and putting on a show.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #12717 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:13 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 12715, Not Chara wrote:between this game and Undertale, i'd really like to stop TvTing Titus. one day...
Next millienium.

I'm working on my pride thing. I usually have one or two wrong reads to eliminate, and then all falls into place. Masons are frequently that.

If I'm butting heads with you, unless you're insulting me personally and sometimes then, it's a sign I view you as smart enough to get frustrated with. I hope that comes out right.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #12718 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:14 pm

Post by Titus »

I'd love your feedback though. :D
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #12719 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:15 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 12710, Cerberus v666 wrote:
In post 12709, Shiro wrote:

@Mastina:

@RR:

@Creature:

@Shiro:

@Grapes:

@MoI:

@Far:

@Yume:

@Titus:

@Varsoon:
You're A LEGEND!

*shrug* Looking at the mechanics, there should have been more scum. SOMETHING MORE anti-town needed to exist. We weren't just using that to push people, it was legitimately the viewpoint town!us would have with what we had seen of the setup.

Like, we were so sure that there was another anti-town role of some sort that when Varsoon forgot to adjust the lynch threshold when grapes was returned to the game, we started speculating about how he could possibly be another anti-town role, and maybe somebody else was a survivor or something, so we were in LYLO.

Point is, your mechanical analysis was wrong/the game just wasn't balanced. ^^
I thought the same of SU1 for the record, but I feel you were great sportsmen for lasting as long as you did. Sometimes, you just feel you gotta put on a show.

Once, I subbed into a slot that left because it knew it was getting roleblocked with 3 or so mislynches as last scum. I got turbolynched but people were like yeah don't even count this.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #12720 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:28 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 12713, Not Chara wrote:i haven't read the scum PT but, i assume i was killed due to being near-confirmed town?
I have no recollection of why we killed you over others. :P I'm sure it's in there though.

Regarding the whole stress reduction thing: Just you talking isn't worth enabling a strongman kill. Seriously. Especially not in the situation town was in. Nobody has a voice I, as town, would want to pay that price for.

Now if you compare the cost's as flipping you versus using up a one shot power...the scale is CLOSER, but it's still in favor of performing the action that doesn't cost any resources as far as I'm aware of.

Again, what town was losing was your voice being channeled through MoI, which is something of no mechanical benefit.

Now, if the gems had used their bubbling properly, and enabled the people who were NK'd to use their climax actions while they were bubbled, got full claims from them, etc...then yes, there would have certainly been good cause to keep people bubbled over using the one shot, because it's a matter of enabling the usage of multiple powers from your role, rather than using the one from kraska.

Unfortunately, they didn't use that power at all, AND they didn't tell anyone about it.

So, I stand by my advise there. It was the best play for town to make with the knowledge I had. I was HOPING that exactly what happened would occur, wtih the hammer happening before any actions were taken, but my advice was optimal from my position.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #12721 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:29 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 12707, mastina wrote:(Exact Stats: 1989/2000 in Sent Messages.
56/2000 in my Outbox.
65/2000 in my Personal PMs folder.
803/2000 in my Role PMs folder.
397/2000 in my Hydras folder.
1519/2000 in my Modding folder.
24/2000 in the default Saved messages folder.
And 1106/2000 in my Inbox.
Grant total, 5,959 PMs.

Keep in mind the OLD limit was 1,000 until I specifically requested expansion.)
I'm at full max almost constantly.

Yes, my addict card is showing.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12722 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:40 pm

Post by Not Chara »

i agree with you Cerb, but what should have happened was using kraska's increase stress event. i'm not sure why/don't remember why i wasn't releases following that failure to trigger. i think the gems thought Snarky would be flipped? it's been a while.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #12723 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:48 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

:P Dunno, I stopped reading the PT once I got to something you were irritated at me about. ^^

I'm seriously blown away by the underutilization of the mechanical benefits town had in this game.

I mean..this totally sounds like I'm being a dick here, but I'm not trying to be...

But fuck. Just the bubbling alone means they could have had two conftown slots(ones who were shot by scum, and thus they knew were town) who still maintain a decent portion of their power. They could have bubbled Yume themselves, and kept her completely safe from anything until they needed to use her ability to resurrect someone(for example, on the snarky snowman lynch, which even without a flip, they KNEW was on a town slot), OR bubbled any number of other slots with useful climax actions.

Not to mention the fact that once some gems were exposed, kraska just needed to get a single alliance with any of them and she could empower all their abilities for the rest of the game while still keeping her abilities a secret.

Or the fact that SS could have easily dodged his lynch if he were paying enough attention.

And...*sigh*

The list goes on.

Just.

The things I could do with the level of power this town had. Usually in Varsoon games I'm on the town side and looking at the scum team going OMG, but it's the exact opposite here.

Lol, another thing I just realized, if MoI had gone into Ruby after death rather than Sapphire, and was then bubbled(this would have required a different line early on, obviously, something to get themselves killed early), they could have been bubbled and the gems would have then had an unstoppable roleblock>kill>roleblock>kill on top of their bubble.

Like, the power is fucking disgusting.
Steven Quartz
Steven Quartz
Goon
Steven Quartz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12724 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:08 pm

Post by Steven Quartz »

Okay, I have something to ask

If it's not too much trouble, can I receive some feedback on my play from those willing to give it?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”