Application of WOTC

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:46 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 565, Yume wrote:p-edit: Do you know how petty it is to kick someone out of the game they were looking forward to for months and would have enjoyed just so you could enjoy it without them?
So because someone acts petty to you, you act petty to them? This behavior isn't becoming of you.
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:50 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 574, Yume wrote:I am an un-person, am I right?
Where have I ever said that?

I don't even know you.

I've played in a couple games with your alt account, and you were bearable even if your shtick was a little annoying.

If you had not participated in this thread in the manner that you have, I'd have never known about this persecution complex that you seem to have because you're just one player among thousands to me.

But when you go lashing out at people that aren't even directing their posts specifically at you and making the discussion all about you instead of keeping the topic general in nature, you shape people's opinions of you before they even play a game with you.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
"You type like a Bond villain." - DogWatch
Yume
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/They

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:54 am

Post by Yume »

Well, if you've been kicked out of nearly every game during the past year, you would have a persecution complex too.
Show
Whatever the chains placed upon me
Whatever the prison, my soul has the key
No money can buy, no power can still
No burden can break the unshakeable strength of my will

Mah best game

My alignment is what JJH says it is.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:55 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 577, Yume wrote:Well, if you've been kicked out of nearly every game during the past year, you would have a persecution complex too.
No, I wouldn't.

I'd accept that my behavior was unacceptable and find ways to make amends. I wouldn't blame the world for rejecting me.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
Yume
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:19 am

Post by Yume »

In post 578, -Grey- wrote:
In post 577, Yume wrote:Well, if you've been kicked out of nearly every game during the past year, you would have a persecution complex too.
No, I wouldn't.

I'd accept that my behavior was unacceptable and find ways to make amends. I wouldn't blame the world for rejecting me.
Find ways how? If you were kicked out of Large/Mini/Micro queues and nearly every single game they have in sign-ups and it continues and Newbie/Normal/Open queues are too boring for you plus the fact that Newbie Queue doesn't allow alts, how exactly would you find a way to make amends? Enlighten me and I will follow your words of wisdom to the letter

Also keep in mind I don't like being VT when you reply.
Show

Mah best game

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:20 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 570, Yume wrote:I am not redacting because I don't like them. I am redacting to protect their identity.
This makes absolutely 0 sense.

You're complaining that [redacted] is not getting punished but you are, even though you presumably both flaked. Then you say you're hiding [redacted]'s identity. How the hell are the mods/people reading this/whoever supposed to compare the two cases or tell you why [redacted] was not punished, or best case scenario, WotC [redacted] as well, if you don't tell us who they are?

Of course, that's leaving aside the fact that anyone who's read this thread/seen the threads you make probably knows damn well who [redacted] is, so this is merely a fig leaf to cover up the fact that you're intentionally being petty by refusing to speak their name and essentially acting like they're Voldemort.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:21 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 579, Yume wrote:Also keep in mind I don't like being VT when you reply.
How is this the fault of game mods? Why should they design more role madness setups - infamously hard to balance and tricky to run - just because
you personally dislike
being the most common role in mafia?

Yume
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:23 am

Post by Yume »

In post 580, Accountant wrote:
In post 570, Yume wrote:I am not redacting because I don't like them. I am redacting to protect their identity.
This makes absolutely 0 sense.

You're complaining that [redacted] is not getting punished but you are, even though you presumably both flaked. Then you say you're hiding [redacted]'s identity. How the hell are the mods/people reading this/whoever supposed to compare the two cases or tell you why [redacted] was not punished, or best case scenario, WotC [redacted] as well, if you don't tell us who they are?

Of course, that's leaving aside the fact that anyone who's read this thread/seen the threads you make probably knows damn well who [redacted] is, so this is merely a fig leaf to cover up the fact that you're intentionally being petty by refusing to speak their name and essentially acting like they're Voldemort.
No, we didn't both flake. But he did make a game unpleasant for someone, which, by the post Nexus made, is also a reason to WoTC/punish him. Read my post more carefully next time.
Show

Mah best game

-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:25 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 579, Yume wrote:Find ways how? If you were kicked out of Large/Mini/Micro queues and nearly every single game they have in sign-ups and it continues and Newbie/Normal/Open queues are too boring for you plus the fact that Newbie Queue doesn't allow alts, how exactly would you find a way to make amends? Enlighten me and I will follow your words of wisdom to the letter

Sometimes, you gotta do some things you might not specifically enjoy in order to accomplish something meaningful in life.

If playing in some games that are not specifically to my tastes allowed me to illustrate to the community that I was willing and able to participate in an acceptable manner, I would do so without complaint.

In the words of the great philosopher Jagger: You can't always get what you want.
---
Yume
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:27 am

Post by Yume »

In post 581, Accountant wrote:
In post 579, Yume wrote:Also keep in mind I don't like being VT when you reply.
How is this the fault of game mods? Why should they design more role madness setups - infamously hard to balance and tricky to run - just because
you personally dislike
being the most common role in mafia?
Then they should advertise their games in the vein of 'this is a normal game with a few twists' rather than 'this game is different from the rest with complex mechanics, so you should join in'. The second description automatically makes people thing 'role madness'.
Show

Mah best game

Yume
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:29 am

Post by Yume »

In post 583, -Grey- wrote:
In post 579, Yume wrote:Find ways how? If you were kicked out of Large/Mini/Micro queues and nearly every single game they have in sign-ups and it continues and Newbie/Normal/Open queues are too boring for you plus the fact that Newbie Queue doesn't allow alts, how exactly would you find a way to make amends? Enlighten me and I will follow your words of wisdom to the letter

Sometimes, you gotta do some things you might not specifically enjoy in order to accomplish something meaningful in life.

If playing in some games that are not specifically to my tastes allowed me to illustrate to the community that I was willing and able to participate in an acceptable manner, I would do so without complaint.

In the words of the great philosopher Jagger: You can't always get what you want.
And how long would you have to participate in those games before site as a whole acknowledges you've improved? Because I tried being active in a game and succeeded and yet I was still being kicked out.
Show

Mah best game

Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:33 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Keep fighting the good fight Yume.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:33 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 585, Yume wrote:And how long would you have to participate in those games before site as a whole acknowledges you've improved? Because I tried being active in a game and succeeded and yet I was still being kicked out.
"A game"?

Did you wreck your reputation in "a game"?

No?

Then why do you expect it to be fixed in "a game"?

When problem behaviors are established over a pattern of games, it will take a pattern of games without those behaviors for redemption.

I'm not going to sit here and dictate your behavior or demand a certain number of anything, because it's not my place to say such things and you need to learn to self-regulate.
---
Yume
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:44 am

Post by Yume »

Actually, yes, my reputation was ruined in a single game, the one that started this whole vicious circle, back in 2015.
Show

Mah best game

-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:46 am

Post by -Grey- »

Nah, not buying that.

I don't for a second believe any player would be banished from everybody's games over a single bad performance without also just flat getting site banned.
---
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:56 am

Post by vonflare »

hey can you guys take this argument to a private topic or something I'm tired of this thread being bumped in my egosearch thx
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:58 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 590, vonflare wrote:hey can you guys take this argument to a private topic or something I'm tired of this thread being bumped in my egosearch thx
Hi vonflare.
---
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:59 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 582, Yume wrote:No, we didn't both flake. But he did make a game unpleasant for someone, which, by the post Nexus made, is also a reason to WoTC/punish him. Read my post more carefully next time.
If the point was a rebel, you'd be a Stormtrooper. Regardless of exactly why that person sucks, we can't address your complaint about how the two of you are treated unequally unless we understand who they are and what they have done.

Yume
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:19 am

Post by Yume »

In post 589, -Grey- wrote:Nah, not buying that.

I don't for a second believe any player would be banished from everybody's games over a single bad performance without also just flat getting site banned.
And that's what happened.
Show

Mah best game

Annadog40
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Owl of the Night Chat

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:23 am

Post by Annadog40 »

Got any proof?
This is my life now

Once you have 100 posts, click here to go to the page to join the speakeasy group.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:34 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Yume, all you need to do is post actively and contribute in the games you join. If you can't do that, don't join games. It's really that simple. If you think you'll be able to post actively but can't, that's ok as long as it's not almost every game.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Yume
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:05 am

Post by Yume »

In post 595, Infinity 324 wrote:Yume, all you need to do is post actively and contribute in the games you join. If you can't do that, don't join games. It's really that simple. If you think you'll be able to post actively but can't, that's ok as long as it's not almost every game.
Tell that to the people who WoTCed me out of the games I could have played till the end.
Show

Mah best game

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:05 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Well you're still able to join some games. If you make a pattern of participating in games you play in, then people will probably stop WOTC'ing you.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:08 am

Post by Accountant »

She can't because she gets sick every time she plays

Annadog40
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Owl of the Night Chat

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:09 am

Post by Annadog40 »

Maybe the games are the cause of sickness.
This is my life now

Once you have 100 posts, click here to go to the page to join the speakeasy group.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”