Application of WOTC

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Yume
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/They

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:44 am

Post by Yume »

In post 549, -Grey- wrote:
In post 544, Yume wrote:Try taking a V/LA when you get unconscious five times a day and your fingers are shaking......
Sounds like an ideal time to take V/LA, actually.
Sure it does, if yo are ABLE TO DECLARE V/LA IN THESE CIRCUMSTANCES, WHICH I DOUBT YOU WOULD BE. >.>
Show
Whatever the chains placed upon me
Whatever the prison, my soul has the key
No money can buy, no power can still
No burden can break the unshakeable strength of my will

Mah best game

My alignment is what JJH says it is.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:05 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

Jesus Yume go to the doctor.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:55 am

Post by vonflare »

stop bumping this thread please
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:38 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 551, Alchemist21 wrote:Jesus Yume go to the doctor.
Yeah, this doesn't sound healthy! On a note absolutely unrelated to games, please get this mentioned to a physician! It is extremely worrisome!

I hope to one day see you be great at Mafia!
Sometimes I can see why a WOTM happens, like the recent one in Inception where activity levels are highly required and you have a history of not performing in that respect.
In other queues, like the Open and Normal queues, or even less intense themed games, it should indeed happen less. But sometimes it just makes sense.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:51 pm

Post by Nexus »

We should be harsher on people who:

1. Flake out of games by lack of activity
2. Flake out of games because "they aren't feeling it/aren't having fun/don't like x player"
3. Shitpost in games and ruin the experience for other people.

WOTC and WOTM should be used more, not less. As a mod, nothing is more frustrating than having to replace half of your player list because a) they flake out or b) they are incapable of being civil enough to actually play a game.
Trans rights are human rights.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:02 pm

Post by Nexus »

Furthermore, why should we keep giving people chances who have shown no signs of improvement, when their poor play and attitude is ruining the game for at best 2-5 other people and at worst upwards of 20 other people?
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:20 pm

Post by Accountant »

@Nexus: I think a player that feels extreme game apathy should replace out rather than be a lurksack.
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Yume
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:05 am

Post by Yume »

In post 555, Nexus wrote:Furthermore, why should we keep giving people chances who have shown no signs of improvement, when their poor play and attitude is ruining the game for at best 2-5 other people and at worst upwards of 20 other people?
Because they might flake due to illness/irl committment and are unable to declare V/LA? Or do you posture that these are less important than mafia? Because if so, then there might be a wee bit of wrong in your stance.
Show

Mah best game

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:09 am

Post by Accountant »

uh

maybe those people shouldn't be playing mafia if they're so sick/overloaded with work

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:13 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 557, Yume wrote:
In post 555, Nexus wrote:Furthermore, why should we keep giving people chances who have shown no signs of improvement, when their poor play and attitude is ruining the game for at best 2-5 other people and at worst upwards of 20 other people?
Because they might flake due to illness/irl committment and are unable to declare V/LA? Or do you posture that these are less important than mafia? Because if so, then there might be a wee bit of wrong in your stance.
The whole world is wrong and out to get you, even when what they're saying has nothing to do with your excuse of the day.

Nexus is referring to WOTMing behaviors. Not absences.

I know you're a precious little snowflake and the entire universe revolves around you, but do try to consider the little people and what they are actually saying in order to craft a more relevant excuse, your majesty.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
"You type like a Bond villain." - DogWatch
Yume
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:15 am

Post by Yume »

In post 554, Nexus wrote:We should be harsher on people who:

1. Flake out of games by lack of activity
2. Flake out of games because "they aren't feeling it/aren't having fun/don't like x player"
3. Shitpost in games and ruin the experience for other people.

WOTC and WOTM should be used more, not less. As a mod, nothing is more frustrating than having to replace half of your player list because a) they flake out or b) they are incapable of being civil enough to actually play a game.
Furthermore, this last one applies to [redacted], yet [redacted] hasn't been punished yet in any manner as far as I know, so if you really believe 3 is grounds for dismissal, then [redacted] should be subjected to WOTC/WOTM just as much as myself. The fact that it didn't happen/isn't happening shows hypocrisy at its finest.

I am seriously considering leaving the site altogether due to this kind of crazy.

p-edit: What if they already signed up before illness unexpectedly struck them? Of course they would flake. In fact, I flaked out of Cabd's mafia for precisely this reason. My temperature unexpectedly skyrocketed and was unable to declare V/LA. Now, does this mean Cabd should ban me from all his games because of this?

p-edit 2: No, his post explicitly mentions flaking out because of lack of activity. 'Lack of activity' also includes absences.
Show

Mah best game

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:16 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 560, Yume wrote:Furthermore, this last one applies to [redacted], yet [redacted] hasn't been punished yet in any manner as far as I know, so if you really believe 3 is grounds for dismissal, then [redacted] should be subjected to WOTC/WOTM just as much as myself. The fact that it didn't happen/isn't happening shows hypocrisy at its finest.
Do you know how immature and petty it is to redact a person's name because you don't like them?

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:17 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 560, Yume wrote:p-edit: What if they already signed up before illness unexpectedly struck them? Of course they would flake. In fact, I flaked out of Cabd's mafia for precisely this reason. My temperature unexpectedly skyrocketed and was unable to declare V/LA. Now, does this mean Cabd should ban me from all his games because of this?
No, but if you have a tendency to have your temperature unexpectedly skyrocket - and it must be a tendency indeed, given the large number of games that you flake out of - then you should consider not signing up for any games unless you're damn sure that your temperature won't unexpectedly skyrocket.

-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:17 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 560, Yume wrote:p-edit 2: No, his post explicitly mentions flaking out because of lack of activity. 'Lack of activity' also includes absences.
So fucking what?

You didn't quote that, so your post was not in response to it.

Maybe you should actually learn to quote what you want to address instead of just shit out words directed at a random block of text.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:19 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 561, Accountant wrote:Do you know how immature and petty it is to redact a person's name because you don't like them?
[redacted] that [redacted], you [redacted] know that [redacted] has no [redacted] [redacted].
---
Yume
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:25 am

Post by Yume »

And no, I am not 'precious little snowflake'. You all are acting more like that than me, believing that you should be the only ones allowed to play a certain game at expense of others. That's what WoTC is for, to deny some individuals the right to play the game they were looking forward to for months just so you can play yourselves. Why don't you adopt Varsoon's philosophy and get out of the game yourself if you dislike a certain player rather than taking away their spot because you feel like it?

Note: I am against WOTC and WOTO, not WOTM.

p-edit: Do you know how petty it is to kick someone out of the game they were looking forward to for months and would have enjoyed just so you could enjoy it without them?
Show

Mah best game

Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:30 am

Post by Nexus »

If you're sick then fine. Except that's usually just one instance. I don't have a problem with a person who has one episode of flaking out.

I have a problem with people who flake out repeatedly. I haven't ever played with you and I'm pretty sure you've never played in one of my games, so if you feel personally attacked by me, then lol. I'm talking about my personal experiences as an experienced moderator. I've stopped modding because of how unfun it's been over the last couple of times I've done it, and once the current game I'm modding is over I will be not doing it again until next January.

I don't play games because I know I lurk and I make it unfun for people, and it isn't fun for me, so I've self-moderated.
Yume
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:31 am

Post by Yume »

But of course, continue what you are doing and destroy other people's enjoyment for the sake of your own. Not that I care. I will laugh at you and chill out in Varsoon games, which are WOT free, from now on. No matter how much I enjoy other games, it is futile to sign-up, only to be kicked out so another individual can have a good time.

And a word of advice from The Rotten Apple: if you don't want people to flake out, either devise more role madness games or make posting deadlines more lenient, because some of us have real life obligations and don't live inside of computer screen.
Show

Mah best game

-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:31 am

Post by -Grey- »

The fact that, out of the thousands of players on this site, you feel that you above all have been singled out for this horribly undeserved punishment, makes you quite the special little snowflake.
---
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:33 am

Post by Nexus »

In post 567, Yume wrote:And a word of advice from The Rotten Apple: if you don't want people to flake out, either devise more role madness games or make posting deadlines more lenient, because some of us have real life obligations and don't live inside of computer screen.
My deadlines and my games match the meta of this site. The majority of people play the game properly. My games have had the same(ish) ruleset since I joined up. That isn't going to change.
Yume
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:35 am

Post by Yume »

In post 561, Accountant wrote:
In post 560, Yume wrote:Furthermore, this last one applies to [redacted], yet [redacted] hasn't been punished yet in any manner as far as I know, so if you really believe 3 is grounds for dismissal, then [redacted] should be subjected to WOTC/WOTM just as much as myself. The fact that it didn't happen/isn't happening shows hypocrisy at its finest.
Do you know how immature and petty it is to redact a person's name because you don't like them?

I am not redacting because I don't like them. I am redacting to protect their identity.

p-edit: Even if they get ill unexpectedly? I find that hard to believe......
Show

Mah best game

Yume
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:40 am

Post by Yume »

In post 568, -Grey- wrote:The fact that, out of the thousands of players on this site, you feel that you above all have been singled out for this horribly undeserved punishment, makes you quite the special little snowflake.
So you are saying to me that players who aren't me have been WoTCed from games in the last six months? Proof or it didn't happen.
Show

Mah best game

-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:40 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 570, Yume wrote:p-edit: Even if they get ill unexpectedly? I find that hard to believe......
Anyone that flakes out of more games than they actually play has no business signing up for games regardless of the reason behind the flaking.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:42 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 571, Yume wrote:
In post 568, -Grey- wrote:The fact that, out of the thousands of players on this site, you feel that you above all have been singled out for this horribly undeserved punishment, makes you quite the special little snowflake.
So you are saying to me that players who aren't me have been WoTCed from games in the last six months? Proof or it didn't happen.
No, I'm saying you must believe you are awfully special if an entire community is going to pick on little old you for absolutely no good reason.
---
Yume
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:45 am

Post by Yume »

And I see you ignore my point about Nexus' post also saying that a player making a game unpleasant for others wasn't punished. But of course he wouldn't be WOTCed/WOTMed/WOTOed because he only made the game unpleasant for me and I am an un-person, am I right?
Show

Mah best game

Return to “Mafia Discussion”