Large Normal 199: L'Hôtel Pleuvoir (Fin)

Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4850 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:25 am

Post by Cephrir »

Thoughts:
-This game can go down as yet another among the many data points suggesting that expecting vote counts to reveal the scum team to you is an exercise in futility.
-I was pretty sad about the scum killing Cloud. I didn't think their reasoning that "he is attacking us so he can't be the traitor" was particularly strong.
-Please claim mason when run up if you are a mason.
-Pine played a pretty good game, other than failing to kill. I was rooting for him, and although I didn't follow the endgame closely, I believe I would have hammered wrong as well.
-Setup design and modding are about crafting something beautiful and watching reality ruin it. Such was the case here with the roles I was most excited about (Motion Detector, Vanilla Cop, Loved Traitor) being utterly irrelevant.
-I thought Tywin was pretty clearly town and at no point understood why so many of you had lynch boners for him.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4851 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:27 am

Post by Cephrir »

Also, Alisae played a strong town game outside of possibly posting too much (and changing his vote every other post, which did not help my motivation to post regular VCs), which surprised me after his first couple posts made me wonder what on earth I'd allowed into my game.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #4852 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:27 am

Post by Cabd »

In post 4850, Cephrir wrote:-I thought Tywin was pretty clearly town and at no point understood why so many of you had lynch boners for him.
PREACH

#TeamTywinWasObvtown
Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #4853 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:29 am

Post by Alisae »

Aww thanks Cephrir
this was my first Large.
It has a special place in my heart.
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #4854 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:32 am

Post by Alisae »

#TeamTywinWasObvtown
GTKAS
| here.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #4855 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:34 am

Post by Cabd »

In post 4853, Alisae wrote:Aww thanks Cephrir
this was my first Large.
It has a special place in my heart.
Everyone's first large does.

#TeamXeno
Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4856 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:35 am

Post by Cephrir »

Probably the only interesting night action is that Syryana protected Cabd Night 1. The mason BG was really intended to either save his partner or no one, but those who got their hands on it evidently disagreed with me!
Bartleby the Scrivener
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4857 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:35 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

My issue was that his polluting the thread with bullshit posts and basically being the most unreasonable person I've ever met in mafia was WIFOM enough to avoid a lynch, but then he CONTINUED IT after being town read. Had he actually tried to stop inciting Titus into attacking him it would've been much easier to see.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #4858 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:36 am

Post by Pine »

Yeah, I thought Tywin was pretty obvTown. The only thing against him, really, was the Cloudkicker analysis, which, to be frank, was pretty damning.

Alice had strong play. I was insane to find out whether he was SK or Vig. We should have tried to kill him immediately. My Alice-is-SK push was another of the several egregious errors I committed and somehow recovered from.
Aj The Epic wrote:My issue was that his polluting the thread with bullshit posts and basically being the most unreasonable person I've ever met in mafia was WIFOM enough to avoid a lynch, but then he CONTINUED IT after being town read. Had he actually tried to stop inciting Titus into attacking him it would've been much easier to see.
This. He was his own worst enemy.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #4859 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:37 am

Post by Alisae »

Aww thanks Pine.
GTKAS
| here.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #4860 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:37 am

Post by Pine »

@Cephrir I don't think our (mostly my) analysis of who might be the traitor was ill-conceived. Most people as traitor are not going to go out of their way to antagonize the scumteam, and CK voted for and/or attacked all three of us. He was one of the only people I was absolutely positive was not the Traitor.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #4861 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:47 am

Post by Elbirn »

It seemed to me that he was signaling to you three? The reach outs to nero and nos for exampld
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4862 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:51 am

Post by Cephrir »

I think using a traitor role to distance is reasonable and have seen it a few times before. I have fond memories of an ASOIAF game wherein Messiah Complex spent the entire game bussing me, it took me most of said game to get them lynched and I had no clue they were a traitor :D
Bartleby the Scrivener
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #4863 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:01 am

Post by Pine »

A few responses to dead thread discussion:
In post 254, CloudKicker wrote:Btw anyone who read into my d1, i double wifomed hardcore and thats why i got killed by mefia
That explains things. You double-WIFOMed too well.
In post 368, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:imo pine claims he blocked whoever it was that was asking him if he was definitely only 3-shot RB and claims he pretended to be 3-shot in order to confuse scum, and say he chose to block them because they were trying to fish for if he could still block before deciding not to lynch him
I was planning on something like that, but then realized I couldn't claim to have more shots and not block Tywin. Under than theory, Tywin would have been the only scum left, so I'd have to either block him or not have shots left.
In post 371, mozamis wrote:so we assume that this all part of pines plan?
Oh fuck no, definitely improvised as I went
In post 377, Alisae wrote:If Titus isn't being brought to Lylo, Pine loses.
If Titus is being brought to lylo, I hope she knows why Pine brought her to Lylo.
I couldn't bring Titus to LYLO because she
definitely
would have suspected why she was being kept alive. Under the theory that Titus and I were strong Town mutually TRing each other, scum!AJ or scum!Elbirn couldn't afford to let us both make it to LYLO with them. I wanted Titus alive, which is why I no-killed before MYLO, but Town forced my hand.
In post 406, Titus wrote:Pine dies. I woulda lynched Pine if alive. I was TRing Elbrin due to mod error analysus. He had to be town.
See?
In post 407, mozamis wrote:no one seriously suspected Pine all game.
HOWEVER, by now you gotta hope someone is gonna ask WHY IS PINE STILL ALIVE? They just gotta to have the humility to realise he is the strongest player, and why is a strong player left?
And this is the internet, where everyone is full of humility, so town are golden, kids!
Oh. Oh dear.
Strong players are left alive until late game all the time, often due to the fact that their reads in that game are incorrect. You'll note that Titus made it to MYLO. With the theory that Titus and I were both Town, we'd been fucking up all game, mislynching and defending scum. There would have been no reason to kill us.
In post 411, Tywin Lannister wrote:
In post 403, Titus wrote:
In post 400, Alisae wrote:Titus I'm sad that you still lynched Tywin ;~;
I am not. That slot had to die before lylo with the lies and garbage he spewed.
There were never any lies. You are just an absolutely terrible town player. Your ego is far too big for your ability, and it showed. You got exposed for being bad.

Pine made a mistake by not keeping you around, because you'd have quicklynched Elibrin the same way. You're so bad at the game and playing it properly that you have no concept of what you did wrong either.
This is why no one likes you.
In post 414, Nero Cain wrote:TBF, over the last few years I think alot of the new players have come from TOS or Epic Mafia....and its well known that town play is mostlty shit so Titus being considered good b/c she is loud isn't that surprising in the site state.
I don't think the Townplay on this site is necessarily bad, I think the standard for scumplay on this site is high. I've noticed that most games where scum gets wrecked, it's due to scum fumbles. Aeronaut's Drunk Christmas Party is a recent example; scum fucked up hard, and Town caught it.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4864 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:30 am

Post by gerryoat »

i subbed in and said both maf were in nero/aj/pine and 2 of my trs got lynched so lol
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4865 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:33 am

Post by Nero Cain »

good job Pine
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #4866 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:44 am

Post by Pine »

In post 4865, Nero Cain wrote:good job Pine
Like I said, not really. There was a lot of tapdancing and a lot of playing things by ear, and it was still close.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4867 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:47 am

Post by Nero Cain »

but we still won, that's really all I care about.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4868 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:49 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I was pretty worried that El would vote you once he saw that AJ was asking for a NOS vig shot.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4869 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:50 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 4830, Cabd wrote:Scum MVP goes to Titus. Stop playing with your fucking Ego.
also this

ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #4870 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:43 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

rip, that one was close
She/Her - limited access on nights and weekends

"No ssbm is not grudging me. She's one of my favorites on the website, and i wanna say vice versa." - Transcend
The day senpai noticed me^
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4871 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:35 pm

Post by mozamis »

In post 4827, Pine wrote:Like I said, the no kill was a tactical error, for which there was no excuse.

I straight up forgot to submit one.
well played Pine! I thought you were bloody good, tbh
despite what people are gonna say, very few people suspected you, good on yer :)
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4872 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:39 pm

Post by mozamis »

In post 4832, Transcend wrote:Savage

Also i have no factual clue why moz claimed VT as mason
oh god not this again lol
its all in the dead thread.
WHAT NO ONE SEEMS TO UNDERSTAND IS THAT I AM HUMAN AND I NEED TO BE LOVED...er, i mean, i am human and i make mistakes. I thought i was protecting my mason buddy by claiming VT. I have been respectfully informed/butt raped in the dead thread to for great enlightenment.
Would have been good to have some mason buddies around, really.... :P
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4873 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:04 pm

Post by mozamis »

anyway, it got down to a nail biting finish, so i reckon it was a pretty well balanced, good game.
thanks people! enjoyed it :)
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4874 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:13 pm

Post by Transcend »

No worries

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”