Trail Blazer

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:45 am

Post by Firebringer »

I use to mod
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:05 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 393, Gamma Emerald wrote:I can vouch for Railgun
That's arguably the worst game out of all of them.
GTKAS
| here.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:13 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

For Us should get the nod but I contribute that win more to bad scum play.
Assemblerotws
Assemblerotws
Goon
Assemblerotws
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:46 pm

Post by Assemblerotws »

There is finally a nomination for Hannibal Lecter. I chose Mary Saotome from Large Normal 206, who managed to completely hide that there even was a third party despite the same evidence that caught a mafia member saying that there were no more Mafia left.
Show
Check my wiki for my meta.
"Yeah, when I see an intelligent paragraph, I'll know it's Assemble" -Jay
"I thought Assembler was quite good. I was surprised he was the NK because he's often in the lynch pool, but tunnelling scum will do that to your life expectancy!" -ffery
"assemble GOAT mod" -Mulch
"Anyone who plays with assemble knows silence is NAI" -Maki
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:09 pm

Post by Alisae »

I could think of plenty of Kodakable things from Once Upon A Time like LUV's pricesless "get off rat" quote chain, to the 2 rooms in a boom event that was hilariously fucked up by my backup mod because I decided to trust her with the hardest event to run (and even then it was still fun to watch because of Chara's final decision to not send over the bomb), to both Cheetory and Yume throwing in the Clue Event, both guessing the final combination but not labelling their guess as "Final Guess", Kokichi finally being the hero that town deserved after lolheroing Torn Up (a really towny hydra), and the OJ hood that consisted of 55 pages that it got to the point where when it was only Kokichi and Smocaine, spamming the thread dice rolls for so long, that bee litterally could not keep up.

However the two that really probably take it away (and the ones I'm nominating)
are the Cards Against Humanity Adlib Event, where funny jokes like Chara "cheating" by unintentionally forgetting 1 word in the phrase, and the transdimensional eldritch horror that people loved. Even though some of the submissions were kinda lame, it was great to watch my players panic when they had to come up with a role in 5 minutes, and other prompts.
And the 4 headed Hydra + Drixx, where the 4 headed hydra doused Yume N1 and Drixx N2 and Drixx ignited his own hydra, killing his hydra partner.
GTKAS
| here.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:16 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 387, Varsoon wrote:Honestly, what's terrifying is that if I just ran two games like Steven Universe 2 back-to-back, I could've been moderating games literally this entire year and still fall under the total number of games needed to be run to hit the 3 game minimum.
Take that as you will. D:
I brought this up in the Scummies suggestion thread; they said that in the future they could reduce it down to two, essentially. (I believe the exact words were, "We could do two"?) So if not acceptable for two now, then it certainly will be next year. (Assuming the people behind the scummies remembered the suggestion and don't slack off on implementing it. :P)
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:00 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 405, mastina wrote:
In post 387, Varsoon wrote:Honestly, what's terrifying is that if I just ran two games like Steven Universe 2 back-to-back, I could've been moderating games literally this entire year and still fall under the total number of games needed to be run to hit the 3 game minimum.
Take that as you will. D:
I brought this up in the Scummies suggestion thread; they said that in the future they could reduce it down to two, essentially. (I believe the exact words were, "We could do two"?) So if not acceptable for two now, then it certainly will be next year. (Assuming the people behind the scummies remembered the suggestion and don't slack off on implementing it. :P)
It could be reasonably changed to "at least *insert number of days/months* moderating games within the year.

That way someone who mods 1 really intense large game stellarly can still be eligible while someone who runs 3 5 page Micros may not be!

And yes, the latter seems to be becoming more common.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:02 am

Post by Alisae »

Ari I disagree somewhat
I trust our judges to not let a mod who just ran 3 5 page micros win the best mod scummy
I also trust our nominators to not nominate a mod for running 3 5 page micros.
GTKAS
| here.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:11 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 407, Alisae wrote:Ari I disagree somewhat
I trust our judges to not let a mod who just ran 3 5 page micros win the best mod scummy
I also trust our nominators to not nominate a mod for running 3 5 page micros.
Totally agree! That's not exactly the point though.

A mod who puts all their efforts into a game that lasts a very long time should be considered even if it is their only game that year! I know it is a BoW award but the body of their work being confined to one thread should not disqualify them!

That is the real point here. The minimum is just to keep hooligans from being nominated really.
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:13 am

Post by Alisae »

Then you nominate it for GOTY

I could be dense and missing your point completely though.
GTKAS
| here.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:20 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 0, Scummies wrote:The Game of the Year award is a "catch all" award for the best overall game throughout the entire year, considering all aspects of the game from moderator quality, to the excellent design and composition of the game, to the performance and cohesion of the playerlist.
Not all Moderator based, and given based on the game, not the Mod.
A Game of the Year is meant to be the game that we can all point to later and say "This game was the best game the site could offer that year in terms of Design, Playerlist, and moderating capability." This is a PUBLIC VOTE.
Best moderation =/= Best game

This is very different from:
In post 0, Scummies wrote:This award is given to the moderator who, over the course of the past year, exemplifies the best qualities of a moderator in the operation of the game, including but not limited to quality and frequency of vote counts, organization of the game, dealing with issues that arise, keeping players active, and so forth.
This is all moderator based and has many aspects left out in GotY. They are very different awards if you ask me.
- Jingle
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:23 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 0, Scummies wrote:Game of the Year: Also known as the “Player’s Choice” Award.
This award is given to the moderator of a game.
It is given in recognition of the overall excellence of a game. The Game of the Year award is a "catch all" award for the best overall game throughout the entire year, considering all aspects of the game from moderator quality, to the excellent design and composition of the game, to the performance and cohesion of the playerlist. A Game of the Year is meant to be the game that we can all point to later and say "This game was the best game the site could offer that year in terms of Design, Playerlist, and moderating capability." This is a PUBLIC VOTE.
You're right, its not Moderator based and given on based on the game, not the mod.
But it IS given to the moderator, which probably made me confuse the two.

Yeah I get what you're saying now I guess.
GTKAS
| here.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:40 am

Post by Bulbazak »

Game of the Year used to be given to everyone who was a part of the game. It was later changed, because the game being GotY might have nothing to do with some of the individual players. I think it's given to the mod just for display purposes and recognition (because GoTY does have a lot to do with the mod), although when the change was made with Organic Chemistry, games themselves were given the banners. It might be something to bring up.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:48 am

Post by Creature »

GotY also depends of how the game is played, not just how the game is designed.
Sigh
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:58 am

Post by Aristophanes »

And to top it all off:
In post 0, Scummies wrote:Judges may consider how challenging the games a moderator ran were, but they shall not penalize a moderator for only running more basic games.
GotY would probably never be given to a 23 player Mountainous (please god, never let this theoretical abomonation occur!) But it would easily be eligible for Modfather!
- Jingle
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:52 am

Post by nancy »

Civ Mafia doesn't make a lot of sense as GotY because it was a pretty shit game from a gameplay/player perspective but that wasn't a fault of the design and from a design perspective it definitely deserves recognition I think!
:2017-2018:
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
KidAmn
KidAmn
Mafia Scum
KidAmn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:13 am

Post by KidAmn »

In post 415, nancy wrote:Civ Mafia doesn't make a lot of sense as GotY because it was a pretty shit game from a gameplay/player perspective but that wasn't a fault of the design and from a design perspective it definitely deserves recognition I think!
I only played the last 1/3rd of Civ Mafia and I still don't want to play any more Large Themes right now out of fear of them becoming "the next Civ Mafia"

That game was psychological torture and
we did it to ourselves

Sweet setup though
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:17 am

Post by nancy »

Yeah, I was traumatized for a few months after that game, probably some of that still sitting in me too, all the people I loved were mafia gaslighting the fuck out of me. It made me never want to play mafia again. Kind of why I don't let myself get emotionally involved in games anymore.
:2017-2018:
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:19 am

Post by Creature »

The only thing that kept me on that game was that I had the entire scumteam pegged.
Sigh
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:28 pm

Post by Alisae »

I nominated
Danganropa V3 uPick
for
GOTY

mostly because the setup (except for a few things), flavour, moderation quality, and play from both town and me (because I kinda solo hero'd and didn't have partners since they were both guiltied by D3, one of which was a janitor and didn't even send a single action in after telling them over and over) was good, and the game was enjoyable to play.

When it comes to the setup itself, its kinda perfect in that it basicly takes us all the way back to what mafia on ms is, dayplay. It was a setup that rewarded dayplay over nightplay by far. And as a result, this is what you get, a fun, intense F5 where its anyones game (even with wolves being guiltied).

Not to mention the role pms, even though the templates are taken and modified from someone else, are still cool to look at :P
GTKAS
| here.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:08 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

Nom Mastina for Kodak Moment

Mastina at the Trigger
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:27 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

if a picture is worth 1000 words, then that post is worth 5 pictures
To be clear: quack
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:30 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 421, SleepyKrew wrote:if a picture is worth 1000 words, then that post is worth 5 pictures
XD
- Jingle
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:00 pm

Post by Alisae »

Guys remember to nominate good play when you see it!
GTKAS
| here.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:02 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

VOTE: Good play
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?

Return to “Scummies and Mashies Archives”