Micro 714: Vengeful Mafia Modified #4 [Game Over]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sat May 20, 2017 5:47 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

When does that train of thought come from scum is a better question. When do you see scum make a huge deal out of somebody questioning a townread on them?
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sun May 21, 2017 4:44 am

Post by Hiraki »

When they don't know how to effectively scumhunt anymore
Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sun May 21, 2017 11:33 am

Post by Draynth »

In post 97, BTD6_maker wrote: I can understand the joke about "caught btd" but on reading again it seems slightly suspicious that he made it twice, as if he is trying to make too much out of it, reacting particularly strongly to a joke. This pings me slightly but I may be reading too much into this (as I may have been with seeing White Flag Gambits in the first few posts). Based on that, this is very weak but it is worth remembering in the future. I will say more later.
I look forward to this.
In post 97, BTD6_maker wrote: By the way, Draynth, I can understand what you mean about being suspicious of the pairing method. I suppose it does indeed work better the Townier the person making the pairing is (if Town makes pairings it benefits Town but if scum makes pairings is benefits scum). I suggested it because I know I am Town (and when it was developed, it was always the person who proposed the method who would exclude themselves) but ideally it would work best when done by someone who is Townread by everyone. In that case, everyone seems to Townread you so if you were pairing, who would you pair?
Ultimately the issue still remains that you 4 have no idea if I'm simply manipulating you by using numbers to trick you or not.
Don't get me wrong, I'd love for it to be this simple and I just list two pairs and we vote someone and that settles it, but I think it would be unfair.

The game has drawn to a standstill because SS/Hiraki are arguing over a point which is fundamentally useless to argue over, and Transcend / BTD6 are pretty much only responding when they are specifically referenced (With the exception of Transcend's post(s) a day or two ago) although BTD6 is V/LA so it's understandable. I'm not gonna call people out for lurking when they've got stuff going on IRL.

I'm going to post a full readslist and I want people to engage with it; tell me if they agree and why and if they disagree and why.
"just got my hands in cooking! feel free to give me suggestions. So far completed: noodle in soup, noodle stuffed clam over noodle, red white and bluedle american noodle, hot brown noodle"

Brand New, Improved, Totally Awesome GTKAS
Tenshii
Tenshii
Mafia Scum
Tenshii
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sun May 21, 2017 1:05 pm

Post by Tenshii »

Votecount 1.6[L-2] Transcend - BTD6_maker
[L-2] Hiraki - Transcend
[L-2] Something_Smart - Hiraki
[L-2] BTD6_maker - Draynth

Not voting: Something_Smart

With 5 alive, a majority vote is decided with 3 players.

Deadline: (expired on 2017-05-31 14:10:00)
In post 85, BTD6_maker wrote:Mod, I will be V/LA until the 25th.
Tenshii
Tenshii
Mafia Scum
Tenshii
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Mon May 22, 2017 10:17 am

Post by Tenshii »

Prodding Transcend. This is his 1st prod. (expired on 2017-05-23 14:30:00)
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Mon May 22, 2017 10:19 am

Post by Transcend »

FUCK.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Mon May 22, 2017 11:14 am

I feel like I should be voting at this point

I don't feel like I've seen enough evidence to yet but given how dead this game is I may just go for the OMGUS on a burden of proficiency basis.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Tue May 23, 2017 1:41 am

Post by Transcend »

game related content

you guys need to make a conclusion already
Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Tue May 23, 2017 8:39 am

Post by Draynth »

Spoiler: Transcend (Scum Lean)
Interestingly up until his most recent post, , I was nullreading Transcend. However, because of the before mentioned post, I'm now scumreading him.

So far Transcend has flip flopped between voting BTD6 and Hiraki, with no reasoning whatsoever for the latter.

He then decides to post some 'game related content' - ie. a pdodge, and tells everyone to make their minds up. Really? Transcend you have given people 0 reason to follow your vote, which is ultimately the aim of the town. For christ's sake either explain to people why you are convinced that Hiraki is scum or start questioning other people's reads. So far you have done neither.

Spoiler: Hiraki (Scum Lean)
I'm still put off by Hiraki's early game, it could simply be me not accepting that this is Hiraki's playstyle, but I can't help but see potential buddying in the opening few posts. Make of it what you will. I also don't like the constant sarcasm, but that's more anti-town than scum I guess.

Leaning scum on Hiraki atm as he has done 0 scum hunting.

Spoiler: BTD6_Maker (Null)
I actually really liked BTD's opening to the game. He critically analysed the possibility of Transcend's voting pattern at the beginning being a White-Flag Gambit or not, and then suggested the pairing method as a possible tactic to find the scum.

Transcend also correctly pointed out that BTD played a similar style of game in a town game that he played in. As I outlined before though, I feel like scum and town alike can both use statistical analysis to appear as if they are scum hunting, as it is not dependent on players / what has happened in a given game.

So far all BTD has posted about is Transcend's possible WFG and the pairing method. The former, to me, is an attempt to scum hunt, but is nowhere near enough for me to solidly town read him at this point. I await his thoughts when he returns from V/LA.

Spoiler: Something_Smart (Null)
I'm not sure on this read at the moment, I feel that the majority of SS's content has been arguing with Hiraki over the whole townread discrediting point. Perhaps I should be scum leaning SS for the same reason as Hiraki, however right now it seems less likely to me. Not sure why to be honest.
"just got my hands in cooking! feel free to give me suggestions. So far completed: noodle in soup, noodle stuffed clam over noodle, red white and bluedle american noodle, hot brown noodle"

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Tue May 23, 2017 8:40 am

Post by Draynth »

Also

UNVOTE: BTD6_Maker

FOS: Transcend

I want to vote him but don't want him at L-1.

Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Tue May 23, 2017 8:45 am

Post by Hiraki »

I've done /0/ scumhunting? Draynth, with all due respect, that's just false. My "pointless argument" with S_S is to further validate my scumread on him.

Transcend also will never elaborate on anything, as I said before, and if you're going to keep asking him to do so, you will still get no answers.

The buddying attempt with S_S completely pings me though. You clearly state that S_S might has common characteristics with my play and then he gets a null read because you're not sure:

A) If you're not sure, then this reads-list is dumb. It really just should've been me and Transcend as your two main SRs and everyone else excluded based on the setup of the game. We're much past the average time of these games.

B) If you're STILL not sure, then why even mention that S_S and I have common characteristics but then throw off a "well, I don't really know!!!" and then give him a null read? I can understand every read on your list except for mine and S_S's and there's something wrong there.
Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Tue May 23, 2017 8:58 am

Post by Draynth »

Fair point, SS is a leaning scum read too in that case.

Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Tue May 23, 2017 11:17 am

Post by Transcend »

VOTE: transcend

Speed it up.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Tue May 23, 2017 11:21 am

Post by Transcend »

By hammering me you are hereby ordered to sheep my reads

Hiraki and ss are scum
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Tue May 23, 2017 12:06 pm

That's​ absolutely ridiculous.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Tue May 23, 2017 12:07 pm

Also as scum I hammer here no matter who my partner is (assuming it's not Transcend of course) because I know the numbers and because my scum game tends to get worse as the game goes on.
Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Tue May 23, 2017 12:38 pm

Post by Draynth »

VOTE: Hiraki

Highly doubt scum!Transcend would gamble this hard, and SS would've hammered in this situation I think

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Tue May 23, 2017 12:41 pm

Post by Draynth »

UNVOTE: Transcend

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Tue May 23, 2017 12:42 pm

Post by Draynth »

Sorry, that should be

UNVOTE: Hiraki

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Tue May 23, 2017 12:45 pm

Post by Draynth »

Hmm, I have a theory.

VOTE: Transcend

Apologies if I just lost the game, not as if people seemed overly interested in it anyway

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Tue May 23, 2017 12:49 pm

Goddammit why does my strongest townread quickhammer :eek:
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Tue May 23, 2017 12:53 pm

Transcend I believe the only way I can be scum to you is with Draynth, with that hammer being planned. In any event it never makes sense for you to kill me. Honestly it is probably best to kill Draynth because I really don't want him in LYLO after that hammer.
Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Tue May 23, 2017 1:13 pm

Post by Draynth »

Well that's an interesting stance for a townie to take ^

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Tue May 23, 2017 1:14 pm

Post by Draynth »

Also strongly looks like a scum trying to appease townies fyi

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Tue May 23, 2017 1:36 pm

Post by Draynth »

It's also interesting how SS doesn't even entertain the possiblitity that Transcend is Scum, it's as if he knows that the flip will be town. Food for thought

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”