Ahsoka Tano
Ahsoka Tano
Goon
Ahsoka Tano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:23 pm

Post by Ahsoka Tano »

So, I only got to page 14 and we're at page 27! I will join again soon! You people talk a lot though!
"Ahsoka Tano is terrible in the way I thought only Aristophanes could make me feel and I want to purge them from this earth." - VBN National Plan
Ahsoka Tano
Ahsoka Tano
Goon
Ahsoka Tano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:24 pm

Post by Ahsoka Tano »

Make that page 28 :shifty:
"Ahsoka Tano is terrible in the way I thought only Aristophanes could make me feel and I want to purge them from this earth." - VBN National Plan
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:24 pm

Post by Heartless »

In post 672, Kmd4390 wrote:What, scum don't jump on easy votes anymore? Because that was what Prism's issues with mastina looked like?
no... it really wasn't...

and the fact that no one else voted mastina for it kind of proves it wasn't
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Best origin story ever told

TellTaleHeart and Antihero
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:26 pm

Post by Heartless »

In post 673, Imperium wrote:Seriously anyone thinking spiffeh is lynchbait needs serious reevaluations of life.
In post 674, Imperium wrote:
In post 673, Imperium wrote:Seriously anyone thinking spiffeh is lynchbait needs serious reevaluations of life.
i think spiffeh is lynchbait even if he wasn't before
OMGZORZ HYDRA DISSONANCE

/EMPHATICALLY PISSES PANTS
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

VNB National Plan
VNB National Plan
Goon
VNB National Plan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:26 pm

Post by VNB National Plan »

You agreed with us >.>

Nacho I might be the only person on mafiascum who doesn't have a hydra with you! ^_^/
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:28 pm

Post by Heartless »

In post 679, VNB National Plan wrote:Nacho I might be the only person on mafiascum who doesn't have a hydra with you! ^_^/
i don't either

let's hydra w each other to get back at him
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:29 pm

Post by Imperium »

Prism - Have youvplayed with mastin before?
A hydra of Nacho and Tammy!
Caryatid
Caryatid
Goon
Caryatid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:31 pm

Post by Caryatid »

In post 356, NoticeMeSenpai wrote:
In post 327, Caryatid wrote:Mastina do you know why makes me a little paranoid of you?
No and I don't particularly care either.

I am town, I am never being mislynched, the scum may or may not nightkill me depending on whether they feel I am a respectable threat but if they do let me live they'll quickly regret it.
I feel like you'd care if you knew me but whatever. Somehow when I made this alt in my head it was all "escape from other people's unreasonable expectations about my abilities" and I completely forgot about the "escape from being a person who's taken seriously" half of that coin :(

But whatever.
In post 357, NoticeMeSenpai wrote:
In post 345, VNB National Plan wrote:NoticeMeSempai: Please get Jaereed on the line.
Not gonna happen. Jae's stance on this game is, and I quote: "These sure are words." Jae'd be able to tell you the full quote, but that was the part I remembered clearly. Jae doesn't have any stances and doesn't look like they will be getting any any time soon. They're here for moral support and if they do get reads will likely become more involved but right now they have nothing and that's not changing any time soon so you'll have to live with me.
I hope Jae's able to get their head into the game soon :(

pedit:
In post 669, Heartless wrote:hello person who obviously knows me but i don't know them and it's kinda creeping me out
sorry anti. I think you will know soon enough. But short of alt slipping is there anything I can do to make it less creepy?
Show
Carried the weight of erechtheion's marble
Thousands of years while she held her head high
Sisters alone with their burdens unspeaking
Carried the weight of erect

Six caryatids ashamed by their brethren
Standing together but each one alone
Weathered millennia of pity eroding
Six caryatids ashamed
VNB National Plan
VNB National Plan
Goon
VNB National Plan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:32 pm

Post by VNB National Plan »

I don't remember playing with mastina before. Is this normal? By 'this' I mean the uhhh, dramatic arguments that don't include uhhhh, facts of any kind.
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:35 pm

Post by Heartless »

In post 682, Caryatid wrote:sorry anti. I think you will know soon enough. But short of alt slipping is there anything I can do to make it less creepy?
nah it's ok

also i might make ur doodle our new avy
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:36 pm

Post by Heartless »

In post 683, VNB National Plan wrote:I don't remember playing with mastina before. Is this normal? By 'this' I mean the uhhh, dramatic arguments that don't include uhhhh, facts of any kind.
yes
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Caryatid
Caryatid
Goon
Caryatid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:43 pm

Post by Caryatid »

In post 372, Prism wrote:
In post 327, Caryatid wrote:I was gonna ask what SAJ was but then I scrolled up and so now I'm going to ask what Secret Agent Jin is. (Please answer with like a sentence or two explaining the context rather than a link to something).
Adding to camn's link from earlier, SAJ was a scum that basically never posted. Most of the town bloc from camn's revenge, composed of Gin, Nacho, and Mastina, wanted him lynched, and when he did flip scum that basically solidified the bloc.
Thank you! That makes sense now!
ibid. wrote:
In post 323, Caryatid wrote:I don't really know you but you seem to be a newer player (I just looked it up and you do have 11 completed games so you're not really a newbie but you're still newish) but I liked your entrance more than I liked other people's entrances.
Liking my entrance is good and swell but thinking of me as newish is definitely going to cause problems at some point. I've been playing for about 7 years. My playstyle needed some adjustment to the forum format but no one on MS has ever called me lacking. As for VNB just nothing about their posts have stood out to me.
When I first read this, what I wanted to say was that changes a lot if you're not a new; I saw you only had about 1600 in game posts and I hadn't played with you before so I thought that meant you were new but obviously I was wrong about that. That's what I would've said if I could've when I first read it, that okay I need to reread.

But since then I have reread your ISO with the knowledge that you aren't new and maybe I'm just biased towards your playstyle because I do like that you lay out points in a way that's easy for me to understand what you're saying and where you're coming from and maybe I'm mistaking "I can understand how they're looking at the game" with "town" but your writing feels like still, cold, lake water to me which is how I think of nacho's towngame in my head and I know you're not him but I just...can't scumread you, even with people saying you'd have the competence to write like this as town it's just all that blue and purple and green and the surface of the lake and the bridge that I didn't know it was a bridge when I was drawing it but it came out that way.

I wish I could communicate this in a way that someone else would have a hope of understanding but whatever. I'm doing my best to communicate, someone else can take a turn at doing their best to understand.
Show

Six caryatids ashamed
Caryatid
Caryatid
Goon
Caryatid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:44 pm

Post by Caryatid »

In post 684, Heartless wrote:
In post 682, Caryatid wrote:sorry anti. I think you will know soon enough. But short of alt slipping is there anything I can do to make it less creepy?
nah it's ok

also i might make ur doodle our new avy
<3
Show

Six caryatids ashamed
Caryatid
Caryatid
Goon
Caryatid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:48 pm

Post by Caryatid »

In post 686, Caryatid wrote:even with people saying you'd have the competence to write like this as SCUM
ebwop
Show

Six caryatids ashamed
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:08 pm

Post by Imperium »

Um shadowed are you saying you've never played with mastin what?
Caryatid
Caryatid
Goon
Caryatid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:08 pm

Post by Caryatid »

In post 373, Imperium wrote:
In post 217, Caryatid wrote:Their reaction to your push also felt really town to me.
What about Prism's reaction to Gin's push was town? How do you think it might have looked if Prism was scum and thought that Gin's reasons for pushing were
[redacted]
?

I understand liking the depth in his read as much as you did if you thought he was a newbie, but he is definitely not a new player.
I don't know. I'm not very good at picking up on emotion in people I don't know but Prism felt legitimately frustrated. took less than 2 minutes to read the post before it and respond to it with sarcasm. seemed angry.

It felt like Ginngie was fighting about words when she was doing the double negative thing and twisting Prism's words and when you're scum it's easy to get sucked into that and try re-explaining and easy to let it go on too long.
In post 107, Prism wrote:You got quotes because a page of asking shit I've already answered is exactly what I didn't want.
It's hard to remember this is an option you can take, as scum, because "a page of answering shit I've already answered" is a page of easy busy work you can do to be a Helpful Member of the Town Who is Just Trying To Be Understood.

It's easy to go around in circles circling the drain and I don't know about Prism in particular but I just really liked the way they handled that.

I feel like I'm still not successfully explaining the part of this that's important to me. It's not that scum can't do what Prism did it's something else. There's just...a way...that I've seen a few different scum players including myself get caught up in semantics arguments and I liked the way Prism sidestepped the opportunity to get caught up in it here.
Last edited by nancy on Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show

Six caryatids ashamed
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:09 pm

Post by Imperium »

Also I'm on page two, might not get past page three tonight weeee
Caryatid
Caryatid
Goon
Caryatid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:12 pm

Post by Caryatid »

Anti, I did chop up the images into smaller ones with everyone separated out yesterday and I was going to use them individually when I talked to/about people if it was a bigger essay and now just a throwaway comment like this post is but it is probably going to be a while before I write an essay about your slot so I thought I'd save you the work. You'll still have to resize it though (and it will probably look better if the area outside the oval is black or transparent).
Show

Six caryatids ashamed
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:22 pm

Post by camn »

listen people- none of you are doing Hydras right.

A Hydra should like an Alt.... you have to BE THE HYDRA.
You cant just be IN a hydra, but post as yourself.... cuz then camn is constantly opening up the 1st post to check who tf is talking, who tf they are talking about, and what tf is going on.
Add that to the actual alts and I am losing it.

But if you are gonna be like that, can you'all put your Hydra-Partner's names in your Sigs?

On a separate note, I can't see that anything notable has happened since I went to bed.. except kmd is the grown up here.

Also I love the drawings.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:23 pm

Post by Imperium »

so kmd is the boring one?
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:24 pm

Post by camn »

yup
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Caryatid
Caryatid
Goon
Caryatid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:26 pm

Post by Caryatid »

In post 377, Imperium wrote:
In post 223, Caryatid wrote:When she was talking about how she was scum and what she was saying in the scum PT it felt like she was being cheeky and it felt forced and I don't know why I reacted as strongly to it as I did but a lot of her early posting left a bad taste in my mouth and it didn't go away.
I think that a lot of people interpret someone overplaying a joke as something that's scummy but I don't really think that's necessarily true; in particular, I don't see how making awkward "I'm scum" jokes is scummy at all unless you think that she's freaking out and knows they look bad but can't stop and that obviously feels like a pretty big stretch.
So, I know you and mastina and some other people are townreading Ginngie and I want to trust you there because you seem to have a perspective that I don't and you seem to be able to understand what Ginngie's doing here, and I don't, and yesterday when I went to reread Ginngie's ISO I was really trying to understand what you were seeing, I really tried to come in with an open mind and put aside the bad taste in my mouth that her posting gave me when the game started and the result is...a lot of straight lines in different colours :(

It's not geling together into a coherent thing. I can't see whatever it is that you're seeing. I can't read her tone at all, it all sounds monotone in my head. Her posts feel like "haha just serious" not "haha just kidding" to me. You say that sometimes people overplay it and it's not scummy and sure I'll give you that but sometimes it is.

And reading her ISO makes me feel
[redacted]
because I can tell that I'm missing something. I can't always tell even that but sometimes I can and being able to tell that I'm missing something isn't enough to make me stop missing it, but I try to read it and it's just noise and I try to find meaning and there's just no signal at all in the noise and I could point at individual posts and ask for clarification but then it'll be okay now I understand 1 post and there are still 118 that I don't.
In post 297, Ginngie wrote:
In post 291, Spiffeh wrote:VOTE: Imperium

Meant to do this earlier
Spoiler:
Like there's this post where she's voting Spiffeh and she's townreading Imperium but Spiffeh votes Imperium and she posts a picture of a lady smiling and nodding her head so she likes Spiffeh's vote? what?

And I know I'm missing something, I know there's something obvious going over my head and knowing that doesn't tell me what it is or make me feel less like a moron and if it were just one or two posts going over my head then whatever, I'm going to miss stuff, it's not a big deal, but usually I can see where somebody is coming from, usually an ISO doesn't make me feel as awful as this one does. I can't phrase this in a way that anybody is going to find compelling because you're just going to say yeah, you're just being a moron, but.
Last edited by nancy on Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show

Six caryatids ashamed
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:28 pm

Post by Ginngie »

In post 696, Caryatid wrote:Like there's this post where she's voting Spiffeh and she's townreading Imperium but Spiffeh votes Imperium and she posts a picture of a lady smiling and nodding her head so she likes Spiffeh's vote? what?
that's judge juddy disgusted gif >_>
Shoutout to PJ and Nahdia for making my amazing new avi :)

Following the previous dozen pages that cropped up in the last 10 hours I would like to congratulate Ginngie for being drunk with distinction. - Vi
Ahsoka Tano
Ahsoka Tano
Goon
Ahsoka Tano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:32 pm

Post by Ahsoka Tano »

In post 691, Imperium wrote:Also I'm on page two, might not get past page three tonight weeee
I know that feel!
In post 693, camn wrote:listen people- none of you are doing Hydras right.

A Hydra should like an Alt.... you have to BE THE HYDRA.
You cant just be IN a hydra, but post as yourself.... cuz then camn is constantly opening up the 1st post to check who tf is talking, who tf they are talking about, and what tf is going on.
Add that to the actual alts and I am losing it.

But if you are gonna be like that, can you'all put your Hydra-Partner's names in your Sigs?

On a separate note, I can't see that anything notable has happened since I went to bed.. except kmd is the grown up here.

Also I love the drawings.
As much as I agree, I also disagree. Hydras are a joining of personalities, but dissonance happens. Hydras are more a dual personality extension tha an alt. You have to work things out else there will bw no agreement. And with some hydras, like Heartless, it is obvious who is in the hydra and who is talking. With new or unknown hydras it is definitely better to have heads in the sig.

Why are we on about this though when it is completely NAI?

Oh, also, I know you, Heartless. Is this not as weird as Caryatid knowing you?
Caryatid
Caryatid
Goon
Caryatid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:33 pm

Post by Caryatid »

In post 697, Ginngie wrote:
In post 696, Caryatid wrote:Like there's this post where she's voting Spiffeh and she's townreading Imperium but Spiffeh votes Imperium and she posts a picture of a lady smiling and nodding her head so she likes Spiffeh's vote? what?
that's judge juddy disgusted gif >_>
she just looks smug and happy to me but admittedly i can't visualise a disgusted face so I'll take your word for it.
Show

Six caryatids ashamed

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”