Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:44 pm

Post by ActionDan »

In post 290, gerryoat wrote:
In post 281, TwoInAMillion wrote:+1 Desperado
nice scumclaim
In post 291, TwoInAMillion wrote:how so?
In post 292, gerryoat wrote:why do you like desp's posting, lets start there
In post 293, TwoInAMillion wrote:He's willing to notice that MathBlade's reasoning was crap.
Quality town posting
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:56 pm

Post by Persivul »

Vote Count 1.3

Drixx (1) - Thor665
Mathblade (2) - dramonic, Desperado
Assemblerotws (3) - Ellibereth, ActionDan, TwoInAMillion
Desperado (1) - gerryoat
gerryoat (1) - Chesskid3
Chesskid3 (1) - Mathblade

Not voting (4) - Assemblerotws, EeveeLution Army, Drixx, mozamis,

Day 1 will end in (expired on 2017-09-26 05:30:00)

Mod Notes:

None

Football Ranking

L 39 Chesskid3 - San Francisco 49ers
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:06 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 254, chesskid3 wrote:I'm torn on what to think of mathblade to be honest. I'm ok lynching within the weak teams, but the fact that nobody has really taken much of a stance on it besides the guy who parroted me and one other person makes me uneasy that it's an all town block and it's a bad road to go down.

Thor make me feel better
People not addressing plans is an interesting question if you want to apply scum/town vibes o it, but I'm not sure I'm smart enough to read them.
Your plan was ignored (which you're taking it as being pro-town as, presumably, it's good enough scum are scared to attack it)
Math's plan was assaulted aggressively and ongoing (on, as far as I can tell since Dram is actually the frontrunner for the logic against it, a basis that scum may lie if forced to claim)
I got nothing brilliant on either take, as I actually am currently vibing both of you, and both plans, as pro-town. I don't think it's a gimmee read though.
If you like you plan, go for it, just because other people don't agree changes very little as a strategy for it on Day 1, since by definition we'll hit in one of the groups ;)
In post 258, dramonic wrote:But again, there is nothing that stops scum from saying they grabbed low accountability roles like jk, doc, watcher and claiming to target irrelevant players, while actually taking something else.
Sure...and?
In post 258, dramonic wrote:Claiming to have protected someone both doesn't give any information to the town and it removes the role from the town's perceived list, giving scum both a safety vs doc and a free role (whatever they actually picked) for use later. Same thing for "I copped the dead guy" or "I watched this person nobody visited".
There's no information there AND we (think) the role just went to waste. Because these things can and WILL most likely happen with town players as well. There's a 90% chance (not actual stats) that if anyone in the town grabs doc, he's gonna fail his protection. There's a good chance that someone grabbing watcher won't see anything.
We can't just lynch these players "just in case"
Math's plan does not involve that - so you're arguing against a straw man here.
In post 258, dramonic wrote:I would much, MUCH rather keep scum in the dark as to what roles are taken and gamble on the chance they'll lose their pick if their team wins by trying to grab something that's already gone.
Since, theoretically, town should have more chances at getting roles (and thus missing them) - this seems to benefit scum more than town, yeah?
In post 258, dramonic wrote:UNLESS your role has very obvious immediate utility (like a cop result on a living player), I think claiming is dumb, and even in those cases I think it's much better to leave the role open to wifom and just say "I have an inno on X" without specifying the nature of the inno.
Which is a big part of Math's plan that I like, and I still don't get the explosion against it, since he's already advocating some of the best obvious play for a big chunk of the roles.
In post 258, dramonic wrote:Of course that only works if your inno is a real inno and not "I tracked that player and they didnt visit". That's not a real inno (haven't check the role list to see what can provide real innos besides cop)
Eh, failed tracks are still info.
In post 258, dramonic wrote:Also it's obvious but immediate claiming also kills roles like IC <_<
I would dare say that the people who should take the IC role are exactly the sorts of players who should use it immediately.

Looking at your rebuttal I see;
"Scum might lie"
"Straw Man"
"Some mild agreement"

At that stage, I can get you generally disagreeing with the plan.
But what do you think about people somehow translating it into "scum plan!"
Because it's really not, and even if you don't like the plan it's still generally a pro-town basic mindset and shows some goals to game solve and help town more than to aid scum machinations.
I find the assault on the plan overwrought and would happily wager scum were in on that pool.
What do you think?
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:55 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

day ends in two fucking days can we lynch assembly
FLASH OF GREEN
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:58 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Not voting (4) - Assemblerotws, EeveeLution Army, Drixx, mozamis,
^^^
also wtf is this horseshit
FLASH OF GREEN
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:51 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 303, Ellibereth wrote:day ends in two fucking days can we lynch assembly
Day ends in two days can we just lynch chesskid?
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:53 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 302, Thor665 wrote:
In post 254, chesskid3 wrote:I'm torn on what to think of mathblade to be honest. I'm ok lynching within the weak teams, but the fact that nobody has really taken much of a stance on it besides the guy who parroted me and one other person makes me uneasy that it's an all town block and it's a bad road to go down.

Thor make me feel better
People not addressing plans is an interesting question if you want to apply scum/town vibes o it, but I'm not sure I'm smart enough to read them.
Your plan was ignored (which you're taking it as being pro-town as, presumably, it's good enough scum are scared to attack it)
Math's plan was assaulted aggressively and ongoing (on, as far as I can tell since Dram is actually the frontrunner for the logic against it, a basis that scum may lie if forced to claim)
I got nothing brilliant on either take, as I actually am currently vibing both of you, and both plans, as pro-town. I don't think it's a gimmee read though.
If you like you plan, go for it, just because other people don't agree changes very little as a strategy for it on Day 1, since by definition we'll hit in one of the groups ;)
In post 258, dramonic wrote:But again, there is nothing that stops scum from saying they grabbed low accountability roles like jk, doc, watcher and claiming to target irrelevant players, while actually taking something else.
Sure...and?
In post 258, dramonic wrote:Claiming to have protected someone both doesn't give any information to the town and it removes the role from the town's perceived list, giving scum both a safety vs doc and a free role (whatever they actually picked) for use later. Same thing for "I copped the dead guy" or "I watched this person nobody visited".
There's no information there AND we (think) the role just went to waste. Because these things can and WILL most likely happen with town players as well. There's a 90% chance (not actual stats) that if anyone in the town grabs doc, he's gonna fail his protection. There's a good chance that someone grabbing watcher won't see anything.
We can't just lynch these players "just in case"
Math's plan does not involve that - so you're arguing against a straw man here.
In post 258, dramonic wrote:I would much, MUCH rather keep scum in the dark as to what roles are taken and gamble on the chance they'll lose their pick if their team wins by trying to grab something that's already gone.
Since, theoretically, town should have more chances at getting roles (and thus missing them) - this seems to benefit scum more than town, yeah?
In post 258, dramonic wrote:UNLESS your role has very obvious immediate utility (like a cop result on a living player), I think claiming is dumb, and even in those cases I think it's much better to leave the role open to wifom and just say "I have an inno on X" without specifying the nature of the inno.
Which is a big part of Math's plan that I like, and I still don't get the explosion against it, since he's already advocating some of the best obvious play for a big chunk of the roles.
In post 258, dramonic wrote:Of course that only works if your inno is a real inno and not "I tracked that player and they didnt visit". That's not a real inno (haven't check the role list to see what can provide real innos besides cop)
Eh, failed tracks are still info.
In post 258, dramonic wrote:Also it's obvious but immediate claiming also kills roles like IC <_<
I would dare say that the people who should take the IC role are exactly the sorts of players who should use it immediately.

Looking at your rebuttal I see;
"Scum might lie"
"Straw Man"
"Some mild agreement"

At that stage, I can get you generally disagreeing with the plan.
But what do you think about people somehow translating it into "scum plan!"
Because it's really not, and even if you don't like the plan it's still generally a pro-town basic mindset and shows some goals to game solve and help town more than to aid scum machinations.
I find the assault on the plan overwrought and would happily wager scum were in on that pool.
What do you think?

The entire plan by chesskid was not attacked because chesskid is scum.

I shoot it down with one post and boom it is done.

However even after I say "whatever drop it" (paraphrase) dramonic still goes on about it and so do you.

So chesskid + (dramonic/Thor)?
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:54 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 298, chesskid3 wrote:Math "my body is a vessel for my superbrain" Blade
Considering how sore my body is that might just be a thing.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Assemblerotws
Assemblerotws
Goon
Assemblerotws
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:01 am

Post by Assemblerotws »

I am capable of acknowledging antitown when it is shoved in my face.

VOTE: Dramonic
Show
Check my wiki for my meta.
"Yeah, when I see an intelligent paragraph, I'll know it's Assemble" -Jay
"I thought Assembler was quite good. I was surprised he was the NK because he's often in the lynch pool, but tunnelling scum will do that to your life expectancy!" -ffery
"assemble GOAT mod" -Mulch
"Anyone who plays with assemble knows silence is NAI" -Maki
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:07 am

Post by dramonic »

Apparently not
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:18 am

Post by dramonic »

@Thor: I'm confused about whats confusing you.
Math's plan basically gives scum two roles a pop AND removes a role for town. Math's plan gives scum knowledge of every role leaving the pool in addition to what they pick.
Math's plan is basically "give scum all the information they could want and feed town false info" with a nice paintjob.

But its fine we're apparently both scum with chesskid so I'll stop arguing and reap the benefits of the proscum plan
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:21 am

Post by dramonic »

Also irt town missing roles: scum missing role is more important and town "misses" roles regardless.
Irt IC: Ill give you that one
I'm a hoot
EeveeLution Army
EeveeLution Army
Mafia Scum
EeveeLution Army
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:53 am

Post by EeveeLution Army »

Btw i was mostly against maths plan because he's like "if you pick a role benefiting scum or passive I'll take it as a scum claim" and that to me is bs
Show
-Lord Giratina-

-Queen Togekiss-
EeveeLution Army

--Eevee General--
--Jolteon Lieutenant--
--Flareon Private--
--Vaporeon Captain--
--Leafeon Corporal--
--Glaceon Major--
--Espeon Colonel--
--Umbreon Officer--
--Sylveon Sergeant--
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:34 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 312, EeveeLution Army wrote:Btw i was mostly against maths plan because he's like "if you pick a role benefiting scum or passive I'll take it as a scum claim" and that to me is bs

Oh I still will. That part isn't a debate. Take ninja or strongman and I will tunnel you to kingdom come.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:45 am

Post by Drixx »

Like ... at this point I kind of want to lynch among the pool of people taking snarky swings at Mathblade. Just on policy.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:02 am

Post by gerryoat »

Hm. Maybe I should reconsider chess
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:08 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 314, Drixx wrote:Like ... at this point I kind of want to lynch among the pool of people taking snarky swings at Mathblade. Just on policy.
Why? I think differently. I kinda expect to get votes and told my thinking is silly. I just don't want the personal attacks.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:09 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 308, Assemblerotws wrote:I am capable of acknowledging antitown when it is shoved in my face.

And if assemblerotws is scum so is dramonic.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
TwoInAMillion
TwoInAMillion
Mafia Scum
TwoInAMillion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:07 am

Post by TwoInAMillion »

I don't agree with MB's assesment. Let's go ahead with assemble.
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:11 am

Post by gerryoat »

if you dont agree with MB shouldnt you be voting MB? im confused
TwoInAMillion
TwoInAMillion
Mafia Scum
TwoInAMillion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:23 am

Post by TwoInAMillion »

I would but other people don't seem on board with a MB lynch. He is death tunneling me for no reason so other people don't really care because it's not them I think. But yeah I would be down for MB.
EeveeLution Army
EeveeLution Army
Mafia Scum
EeveeLution Army
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:54 am

Where is there a personal attack? @mathblade
Show
-Lord Giratina-

-Queen Togekiss-
EeveeLution Army

--Eevee General--
--Jolteon Lieutenant--
--Flareon Private--
--Vaporeon Captain--
--Leafeon Corporal--
--Glaceon Major--
--Espeon Colonel--
--Umbreon Officer--
--Sylveon Sergeant--
EeveeLution Army
EeveeLution Army
Mafia Scum
EeveeLution Army
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:55 am

Also disagreeing with a plan isn't a reason to lynch someone unless the plan was obviously suggested for malicious purposes.
Show
-Lord Giratina-

-Queen Togekiss-
EeveeLution Army

--Eevee General--
--Jolteon Lieutenant--
--Flareon Private--
--Vaporeon Captain--
--Leafeon Corporal--
--Glaceon Major--
--Espeon Colonel--
--Umbreon Officer--
--Sylveon Sergeant--
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:10 am

Post by dramonic »

In post 317, MathBlade wrote:
In post 308, Assemblerotws wrote:I am capable of acknowledging antitown when it is shoved in my face.

And if assemblerotws is scum so is dramonic.
If I were scum id just leave you alive for the further mislynch
I'm a hoot
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:40 am

Post by gerryoat »

i hate the jets

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”