Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:12 am

Post by Realeo »

In post 324, Realeo wrote:Define "constructive"
I mean, you only make two remarks about ChipButty and both of them are negative. Surely, it's not constructive.
"The debate on whether short multi postings or a long wall of post is good or not is like a debate on gun control--we would never understand each other and we have to make peace with it." -Realeo

I'm mabye a serious player, but I'm capable of joke. Ok?
GameNBurger
GameNBurger
Goon
GameNBurger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:26 am

Post by GameNBurger »

Alright I'm back and now there's lots to talk about and even get a reads list going

I'll be slow to catch up but I will

If anyone has specific questions feel free to ask, it makes my life a lot easier
IceGuy
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:00 am

Post by IceGuy »

In post 322, Realeo wrote:I don't know if this is too much to ask for IceGuy, but since IceGuy is not the type of guy who is thinking out loud,
I would like to request Iceguy to make CommKnight's style of read list + kinda detailed explanation.
Your assembrelowts explanation is at the right ball park.
I will post this but not today. Check back tomorrow at approximately the same time.
In post 325, Realeo wrote: I mean, you only make two remarks about ChipButty and both of them are negative. Surely, it's not constructive.
As stated many times: Doing something wrong != being scum.
Assemblerotws
Assemblerotws
Goon
Assemblerotws
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:11 am

Post by Assemblerotws »

In post 305, IceGuy wrote:
In post 295, Realeo wrote: Wait. What?

Why you never talk about this? Explain your scumread please. I personally forgot about assemble so can use some insight.
I just noticed I never talked about this. I had something typed up, but it apparently got lost while consolidating posts. His powerlurking puts him into the "leaning scum" category, what makes him more scummy than the rest is:
In post 17, Assemblerotws wrote: No, for three reasons:
1: I'm
Town
2: The Traitor already knows the identities of the
Mafia
members.
3: If I were
Mafia
, my first move would be to recruit the
Traitor
In post 155, Assemblerotws wrote: Comm and I were joking about a game we played together where I, as
scum
, tried to crumb to some of the other
scum
through judicious use of capitalization, got exposed by my buddy in what was, due to the mechanics of this particular game, the dumbest bus I have ever seen, tried to claim PGO on my buddy's advice in order to see if we could identify the real PGO from the reactions, and then got quicklynched by CommKnight (who happened to be the actual PGO).
In post 17, alignments/roles are capitalized, in post 155 they aren't. This could mean that there's more to post 17 than it meets the eye.
In post 298, Luca Blight wrote: If I have a clear scumread then I will pursue that lynch until it's not longer reasonably possible, and only then look at compromising. What you're doing is just lining up a few easy targets to wagon at will and, as I said, it seems opportunistic to me.
So you're doing the same as I, but you're less honest about it.
I'm in no way defending the lurkers - I am questioning the motivation behind your current stance, that a lynch of any lurker will do. It's such an easy path of no resistance to go down, and it doesn't sit right with me. There would be no issue if you had at least attempted to interact with the lurkers and draw reads out of them, but to just brand them all 'useless' and say any of them can be lynched is at best anti-town, and at worst a very scummy thing to do.
How should I interact with people who just don't post?
I tend to capitalize when I'm referring to a specific faction and not capitalize when just using the generic town/scum terminology. First time someone's found that scummy, though memorably not the first time I've had people calling me scum over capitalization. Not pulling a stunt like that again anytime soon...
Show
Check my wiki for my meta.
"Yeah, when I see an intelligent paragraph, I'll know it's Assemble" -Jay
"I thought Assembler was quite good. I was surprised he was the NK because he's often in the lynch pool, but tunnelling scum will do that to your life expectancy!" -ffery
"assemble GOAT mod" -Mulch
"Anyone who plays with assemble knows silence is NAI" -Maki
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:54 pm

Post by Realeo »

In post 327, IceGuy wrote:
In post 325, Realeo wrote: I mean, you only make two remarks about ChipButty and both of them are negative. Surely, it's not constructive.
As stated many times: Doing something wrong != being scum.
No, I agree with you. Doing something wrong != being scum.

The issue is that I am not sure what is your definition of constructive
"The debate on whether short multi postings or a long wall of post is good or not is like a debate on gun control--we would never understand each other and we have to make peace with it." -Realeo

Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:09 pm

Post by Mulch »

I completely disagree with realeo but I at least can see what he was thinking. No longer scummy for me. Also, apparently Riddle was Duckworth, so he goes into a scumlean cause of that first post

[Side note: you shoulden't allow you to be influenced by the crowd, your mistake is that you are assuming townspeople's reads will actually be right, lol)
Amrock#3784
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:23 pm

Post by Realeo »

VOTE: Assembrelowts

Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:37 pm

Post by Mulch »

Chip - - can you link some games when that has happened
Amrock#3784
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:38 pm

Post by Mulch »

I can easily follow comm in ,pretty good
Amrock#3784
DuckWorth
DuckWorth
Townie
DuckWorth
Townie
Townie

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:39 pm

Post by DuckWorth »

Iceguy why do you tr Chip?
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:58 pm

Post by Mulch »

In post 249, DuckWorth wrote:Many of his votes are reactionary and trigger-happy at mild issues and therefore they give me a scumvibe.
Why?
Amrock#3784
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:58 pm

Post by Mulch »

I have a gut feeling that Chip/Realeo COULD be w/w ending with an unvote on each other, but nothing to back it up.
Amrock#3784
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:04 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 323, IceGuy wrote:
In post 317, Luca Blight wrote: 1) There's a difference in motivation behind someone who accepts compromise as a last resort and someone who is lining up the wagons of several different town members with 5 days until deadline.
If you have a #1 scumread and a #2 scumread who is close in scummyness, and there is a wagon on #2 but not on #1, what would you do?
That's irrelevant as it neither applies to you nor me so far.

You've stated you're willing to compromise on lynching players who currently have zero votes.

In post 323, IceGuy wrote: Don't squirrel away. Why did you specifically mention it in your post?
In post 318, Luca Blight wrote:And while you're at it, IceGuy, would you care to explain that Townread of ChipButty?
Honest, constructive posts mostly. Not particularly long, but straight to the point and devoid of fluff.
Why shouldn't I mention it in my post? It's factual, and I'm not going to waste my time justifying it to you.

And you're reasoning for townreading ChipButty seems very generic. I would appreciate some examples of the 'constructive' posts, and can you define 'fluff' in this case?
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:52 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 331, Realeo wrote:VOTE: Assembrelowts
What's the reason for this vote?
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:21 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 332, Mulch wrote:Chip - - can you link some games when that has happened
Not for philosophy specifically, it was elsewhere. Once it was scum.me. i took a lot of flak for it but ultimately survived.

What i am saying is it is a form of iioa, as i have said a couple of times, and that is so much of a thing that it has an entry in the wiki.

I don't consider it a bad rationale for poking at someone early on a slow d1. I don't see why people are getting excited about it, except that it IS a slow d1.

The vibe i get from Realio is he thinks he's the smartest guy in the room, but that isn't AI.
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:21 pm

Post by Realeo »

GRAMMAR DISASTER INCOMING!

I think any player who still make no output even after reading up to 305 is a sign of bad faith.

I mean, sure, he could be having IRL issue, but I would like to assume he's mature enough that he would declare busyness when he is, so when he doesn't signal, I feel wronged.

Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:23 pm

Post by Realeo »

In post 339, Chip Butty wrote:The vibe i get from Realio is he thinks he's the smartest guy in the room, but that isn't AI.
Really? I must be such a charismatic player.

Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:31 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 341, Realeo wrote:
In post 339, Chip Butty wrote:The vibe i get from Realio is he thinks he's the smartest guy in the room, but that isn't AI.
Really? I must be such a charismatic player.
Um...sure thing?
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:31 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 340, Realeo wrote:GRAMMAR DISASTER INCOMING!

I think any player who still make no output even after reading up to 305 is a sign of bad faith.

I mean, sure, he could be having IRL issue, but I would like to assume he's mature enough that he would declare busyness when he is, so when he doesn't signal, I feel wronged.
Who arw you talking about?
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:32 pm

Post by Realeo »

I was refering to Alchemist's question

Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:36 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 340, Realeo wrote:GRAMMAR DISASTER INCOMING!

So you just typed a paragraph to say you think he is lurking? You must really enjoy typing.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:38 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

That's not really a whole paragraph, Chip. And I get what Realeo is saying there.
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:40 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

I don't know if it is just posting style, but Realeo is being consistently verbose. Reninds me of the phrase 'if you can't blind them with science, baffle them with BS'. Guess there is a meta-dive in my future...
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:42 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 346, Alchemist21 wrote:That's not really a whole paragraph, Chip. And I get what Realeo is saying there.
Technically, it's two paragraphs. I'm not disagreeing about Assemblerotws.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:44 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

His posting style gave me early problems too because he seemed to be asking a lot of questions that weren't helpful to the gamestate, but they could have been helpful to him and it's similar to how I used to play so I waited to see if it was just a playstyle issue. Since then his posts have given me a better feel for his thoughts and alignment and I think he's Town.

Return to “Completed Open Games”